TommyDee

Vaporitor
I do not think it is too much to expect the parts to come from the fabrication shop clean. It is a common service done by most shops and they do it anyway. This is just a "clean to what degree" question. I obviously don't care enough to clean my vapes when they come in. Remembering to do an ISO wipe is hard enough. Then again, I've put a lot of crap in my mouth over a lifetime.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@LongDraw – I agree with you, we should clean any device before first usage, but: the kind of residue some DVs come with is a bit of a different story. It needs more than a burnoff of rinsing it with water, it needs deep cleaning with isopropyl alcohol and patience. I'm a huge fan of this company, but I really wish they would invest in a decent cleaning method.

And: sometimes they seem to make it right – recently I purchased two ti tips, an XL condenser and a titanium mouthpiece, all pieces were superclean, as was my first DV, the M18. But when I got my Omni XL (their premium device) I was really shocked about how dirty it was. I wish they would at least address it.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I do not think it is too much to expect the parts to come from the fabrication shop clean. It is a common service done by most shops and they do it anyway. This is just a "clean to what degree" question. I obviously don't care enough to clean my vapes when they come in. Remembering to do an ISO wipe is hard enough. Then again, I've put a lot of crap in my mouth over a lifetime.
We all have our own views. I wouldn't dream of breathing through something today that I hadn't made sure was safe/clean first. They are MY lungs and I'm not leaving their protection to someone else.
That being said when I was young and stupid I made various unsafe tools to get high out of including using the faucet screen when that was all that was available. Luckily none of them killed me, even if some may have shortened my life.

cybrguy,
Reactions: VegNVape

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I bought a US made $150.00 ultrasonic cleaner, small tank for speed steeping ejuice recipes. I could clean in my tiny tank 25 or more DV’s in 30 minutes .... just sayin...

RustyOldNail,

murf2010

2020m came in the mail today!! Man, looks slick, this should be an easy daily driver along with my tiny might!

any tips before I fire this baby up? I got the bundle pack fyi so the three flame torch will have to suffice for now.

Anything y’all wished you knew before you got going with the M?

Dynalowrider

You guys undoubtedly have never been in a manufacturer facility. Do you think they are made one at a time? They come down the line in dishpan containers, overflowing in the thousands. If not they are not cost effective. Small parts are very hard to clean. There isn't ten people cleaning parts, there is one guy pulling the parts off the line and dumping them into a wet vibrating drum that is full of smooth rock-like cleaning material. Basically stones that rub the parts clean. The flowing water carrys away the grease and dirt.
I once bought civvies in Japan, blue jeans w/o washing them I wore them. Got back aboard ship and my legs turned blue from the dye. Now I even wipe down electronics.
If the DVs were made one at a time, you might have a point. Remember there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Ether somebody gets paid or you do it .Watch "How it's made". Doc

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

this has been an on again/off again problem for some time now. A year or so ago I received a ti stem that was so nasty, I planned on returning it...several iso cleanings did not work. Then I tried running it thru my cheap little ultrasonic cleaner I use to clean my acetal mouthpieces so you guys get no micromplastics. Water and a drop of dawn did the trick. Since then I run everything I get from DV thru this.

I wrote George at the time, and he said they have an industrial US cleaner. I suggested they get two...one using chemiclas to clean machining sludge, another with water and dawn for final cleaning. Dont know if they do that, but I suspect that dirty units are a result of not changing the solution in the cleaner often enough.

Since then, I have instead touted the use of cheap amazon/ebay ultrasonic cleaners here on the forum.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hold on a minute............ are people collecting one of each of the years.
Silly me just giving them away.

I'd like to have one of every year model!

That being said when I was young and stupid I made various unsafe tools to get high out of including using the faucet screen when that was all that was available.

Lol. Yeah. I've used faucet screens. I've made screens out of aluminum foil that literally started to dissolve with the heat. I've smoked with bowls on the end of plastic pen barrels that were all melted and wilted by time I was done with them. I've used upside-down sink faucets as pipes.

This was a long time ago, but we'd use whatever back in those days. You'd throw your plastic pen-barrel with foil in the end one-hitter away when holes melted into it or the bowl melted off. You could definitely taste the plastic. lol

Mono Loco

Personally, I wouldn't expect a DynaVap to be clean enough to be "good to go". I would like to see a sticker that reads along the lines of" Warning: please give your new DynaVap a thorough cleaning before using it for the first time - manufacturing residue, including cutting oil and metal dust, may be present." Of course, I wouldn't expect it to be filthy, either, but it's not a hermetically sealed medical device (even though it is often used for medicating ... huh ... maybe I gotta' rethink this!. Even without the current COVID-19 threat that makes cleaning a "disinfecting" issue, if I am going to put something into my body, I am going to take responsibility for making sure it is as clean as I want it to be. Also, I see the initial home-cleaning as a bonding exercise between me and "whatever" I'm cleaning. Even if it doesn't HAVE to be cleaned, I wanna' clean it ...It's a time to disassemble, inspect, familiarize, and then ... clean. But, I'm also a RTFM guy. After an initial thorough cleaning, I clean pretty frequently so it goes very quickly - not a big deal with a bit of iso or denatured alcohol. I have no need for an ultrasonic cleaner. But, I'm not a heavy user ... non-user currently, actually ... sigh.

StringTheorista

No one paying attention expects to use an electronic vape straight out of the box. Most need charging and (possibly several) burn offs. Why is a few quick swipes with a qtip and ISO through the condenser and tip so onerous?

murf2010

No one paying attention expects to use an electronic vape straight out of the box. Most need charging and (possibly several) burn offs. Why is a few quick swipes with a qtip and ISO through the condenser and tip so onerous?
Cuz everyone’s just anxious for the “click”

murf2010,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
:lmao: all the more reason to use my own stems :cheers:

Alright, to change the subject to yesterday's subject update - PIU is down to 43 Apollo 2 IH's. How many of those is because they heard it here first :razz:

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: idboehman

Ramahs

Gross, looks like I'll be giving my vapcap a cleaning before using it more tonight. Fortunately only vaped two caps from it but still, eugh...

Disagree but happy to be convinced otherwise. IMO torch/IH/bic/candle/etc... it's purely a method of getting enough heat into the cap to vape the contents and different heating methods will have different techniques. But I'll admit, I'm completely biased against torches, I've never had a solidly functioning one that didn't eventually crap out leaving me stranded. Though to be fair my experience is limited to only three torches but that was three strikes for me relying on them.

I can get a much more thorough heating, with more heat soak, with a single-flame torch than I could ever get with an IH. Don't get me wrong, I use my IH when I want convenience over quality...but when flavor and efficiency is of utmost importance, no IH could beat my single flame torch...at least not an IH that I am aware of.

If it were purely about getting enough heat to the cap, then you could use a huge torch flame that only takes a couple seconds to heat, like our known and loved Big Shot. Unfortunately, in a situation like that, the very outside layer in the bowl would be scorched and the center would be untouched. A slower heat-soak is where you want to be for flavor and efficiency.

murf2010

I can get a much more thorough heating, with more heat soak, with a single-flame torch than I could ever get with an IH. Don't get me wrong, I use my IH when I want convenience over quality...but when flavor and efficiency is of utmost importance, no IH could beat my single flame torch...at least not an IH that I am aware of.

If it were purely about getting enough heat to the cap, then you could use a huge torch flame that only takes a couple seconds to heat, like our known and loved Big Shot. Unfortunately, in a situation like that, the very outside layer in the bowl would be scorched and the center would be untouched. A slower heat-soak is where you want to be for flavor and efficiency.
So single torch being better, what’s expected with the multi flame torch that comes with many of the M bundles?

murf2010,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Ramahs

So single torch being better, what’s expected with the multi flame torch that comes with many of the M bundles?

I use single flame indoors because I get the best experience with that. I use tripple flame outdoors because it's just necessary when the air is moving more than I usually encounter indoors.

I would also say that the multi-flame torch is simpler and easier for the beginner. You graduate to a single flame torch. It's not always best to start with one. It's a technique that one must develop after they've mastered the basics first.

Last edited:

crudo

hey guys, can you please tell me, if it is possible to adjust the airflow on the omni xl when i put the spinning mouthpiece on it?
i am about to order and im not sure if i want the spinning mouthpiece :-)

crudo,

lookhigh

FC member
hey guys, can you please tell me, if it is possible to adjust the airflow on the omni xl when i put the spinning mouthpiece on it?
I dont think the spinning mp would fit.
Unless you change the condenser too.
Hey im no expert but i can guarantee someone here will know for sure.

lookhigh,
Reactions: cybrguy

crudo

I would buy the titanium spinning mouthpiece, but I guess they are the same? I would love to hit the order button :)

crudo,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The omni condenser is a complete unit, condenser and mouthpiece in one. The mouthpiece does not spin, but it turns to ajust the distance between the tip and condenser to control how much air mixes with the vape.
The triple flame that comes with the kits is an unruly bastard that's hard to have any control over where your heating the tip.
I've had my Skelator for well over 2 years and love it for its ease, no thought needed till the click. But for maximum flavor and enjoyment of the load, nothing trumps the single flame that takes 10 plus seconds and non stop spinning whilst heating. Imo of course.

Ramahs

Yeah. If you want a spinning mouthpiece, then don't buy an Omni. The Omni condenser is not compatible with a spinning mouthpiece. It is ONLY compatible with the Omni mouthpiece. If you want a spinning mouthpiece, then you would need a Dynavap vaporizer with a standard condenser instead of an Omni condenser.

Top Bottom