TommyDee

Vaporitor
At $130 w/ free shipping, no one has an excuse not to have their own IH in the USA, even if it is just a DynaTech :razz:

Okay, now let's see how fast 68 Apollo 2 IH VapCap heater take to sell out.
That makes the waiting lists for the artisan IH builds all that more tolerable.

TommyDee,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Quick! B-4 they become out-of-stock!

Or WAIT, for the Apollo 3.....

At $130 w/ free shipping, no one has an excuse not to have their own IH in the USA, even if it is just a DynaTech :razz:

Okay, now let's see how fast 68 Apollo 2 IH VapCap heater take to sell out.

I thought you make your own IH’s?

Last edited by a moderator:
RustyOldNail,
Reactions: stark1

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I do, just shaking the fence to see who falls off. Never takes much when it comes to vape stuff. VAS RULES! And @stark1 is teez'n too...

TommyDee,

Vape_Or_Die420

VAS is contaminating my mind! Lol. Why would you choose the dynatec IH over the Caldron? Caldron is cheaper and i assume is made with much love.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: warren0728

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I would buy a Caldron in a heartbeat. No need for fences. That is more or less what I have with some variation. However, every other artisan IH is on a waiting list or is lesser known and international. So everyone needs two IH's. Why not make the backup the DynaTech?

idboehman

Odds on how long it will be available since posting that @idboehman ? :|

Okay, under what category would you look? I can't see them there :uhoh:

Not sure. They were in-stock yesterday too (and maybe the day before that) but I didn't take note of how many they had so I'm unsure how fast they're going. Also sorry for not linking directly to the product page didn't know if that was against the rules or not and erred on the side of caution; already been on the bad side of a mod here once before for daring to publicly question them over something before and I wouldn't want my time here to be cut short over something silly.

VAS is contaminating my mind! Lol. Why would you choose the dynatec IH over the Calderon? Caldron is cheaper and i assume is made with much love.

One potential 'advantage' is that Dynatec is the closest there is to an OEM induction heater since DynaVape teamed up w/ Apollo to make it, though I kind of think they probably just gave their blessing to put their name on it / sell it in their store but I'm basing that on no evidence. Also no idea on if there's a wait time for caldron's -- w/ this you can order and it ships quickly.

Vape_Or_Die420

Not sure. They were in-stock yesterday too (and maybe the day before that) but I didn't take note of how many they had so I'm unsure how fast they're going. Also sorry for not linking directly to the product page didn't know if that was against the rules or not and erred on the side of caution; already been on the bad side of a mod here once before for daring to publicly question them over something before and I wouldn't want my time here to be cut short over something silly.

One potential 'advantage' is that Dynatec is the closest there is to an OEM induction heater since DynaVape teamed up w/ Apollo to make it, though I kind of think they probably just gave their blessing to put their name on it / sell it in their store but I'm basing that on no evidence. Also no idea on if there's a wait time for caldron's -- w/ this you can order and it ships quickly.

No wait list on the caldron, so i think ill save $30 and got that route. Looks smaller and more discreet.

TommyDee

Vaporitor

DynaTech is a very different heater. It is engineered similar to the Fluxer but the build is dirt simple - PCB, Box, Power brick.
And PIU is USA based and Caldron comes from Canada. A little extra but certainly still a better deal than DynaTech. Does @Pipes have 50 Caldrons sitting there? I don't know but I suspect they go on back-order pretty quick after this conversation. I hope there is good stock. Things are crazy out there.

Guys, I don't have a dog in this IH fight but I do believe in the IH for a different experience with your VapCap. We simply can't have enough options out there. Having only one IH on-hand is risky. So, seriously, it's almost 4/20 and what are you going to feed your VAS I ask you? :2c:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Cheese. From all the excitement, I should cash in on one?

But wait! They look so ordinary. Sigh. :cool:

stark1,

RustyOldNail

DynaTech is a very different heater. It is engineered similar to the Fluxer but the build is dirt simple - PCB, Box, Power brick.
And PIU is USA based and Caldron comes from Canada. A little extra but certainly still a better deal than DynaTech. Does @Pipes have 50 Caldrons sitting there? I don't know but I suspect they go on back-order pretty quick after this conversation. I hope there is good stock. Things are crazy out there.

Guys, I don't have a dog in this IH fight but I do believe in the IH for a different experience with your VapCap. We simply can't have enough options out there. Having only one IH on-hand is risky. So, seriously, it's almost 4/20 and what are you going to feed your VAS I ask you? :2c:

Yeah, I can’t justify the price for that DynaTech Apollo 2, for the great tech info you brought up. I’m waiting on a portable, and am quite happy with my $55 SKJ Chinese IH, at 1/3rd the price, and probably performs the same, both wall powered.

RustyOldNail,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
SKJ makes for a perfect backup. Going PSM @RustyOldNail ?

@stark1 - it is not the ordinary part that is of concern. Being a visual artist you of all people must recognize the '70s vacuum formed 'everything in a box' of the time. None of it lasted more than a couple of years. Well, someone went out of their way to make this choice of Dynatech boxes to look just like what we all hope had died a worthy death back in the '80s. Its nearly subliminal as is obvious by your observation and so many others including my own. It might have become innate if this generation recognizes it too :spliff:

Last edited:
TommyDee,

sirwalter

Anybody notice a difference in vapor quality/taste coming from titanium omni to a M?

I never really used the M versions until I received this new 2020m.
Seems noticeably harsher and a bit of different taste compared to a ti omni?

so far I’m not liking it and may give away my new M, and stick to all Titanium if doesn’t change for me

Thats always been my feeling with the titanium vs stainless tips too

sirwalter,
Reactions: whatitdew

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I noticed a difference in taste between the '18 & '19-M over the '20. I attributed to needing to get the cap hotter. I hope they didn't change anything.

TommyDee,
Reactions: whatitdew

RustyOldNail

SKJ makes for a perfect backup. Going PSM @RustyOldNail ?

@stark1 - it is not the ordinary part that is of concern. Being a visual artist you of all people must recognize the '70s vacuum formed 'everything in a box' of the time. None of it lasted more than a couple of years. Well, someone went out of their way to make this choice of Dynatech boxes to look just like what we all hope had died a worthy death back in the '80s. Its nearly subliminal as is obvious by your observation and so many others including my own. It might have become innate if this generation recognizes it too :spliff:

I never kiss and tell.....

This SKJ is quite accurate, using the inexpensive DDave glass/silicone insert adapter, all the way in, I tried switching DV tips. Using the same glass stem BB9, and swapping from the 2019m to the 2020m, full load, the 2020m does take longer to heat, confirming the reports that the latest SS tip is indeed heavier. The SKJ is very consistent in its timing to cap clicks, something I didn’t expect at this price point.

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

Nice to hear. How do you like the '20 tip?

That and the gifted 2019 are my 1st DV products. I’d seen em here and there and dismissed them through ignorance, saw them as “one hit bats”. Glad to be dead wrong on that!

So I’m not a DV expert like most here. I prefer the 2020, as I perceive a bit more airflow. I should receive my first Ti tip along with the Simrell Vortex long stem. I’m hoping to cut down the slow SKJ 15 second 4 cycle time. As I mentioned above, the 2020 takes a bit longer to heat as it’s heavier. I don’t care so much that it may hold heat longer as I can dip right back into the IH, no lighter, advantage here to IH.

RustyOldNail,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I would be really surprised if George intentionally shipped defective tips, even as a freebie.

Ptetty sure the Karma-Vap I received with my 2020 M is one of the shallow cut ones.

Got my vapcap m 2020 today! I'm waiting on a fluxer heater and batteries, both due to arrive monday but of course i had to try it out today. Unfortunately I only have butane torches from when I first got into dabs that are super finicky, as in it'll light once in 50 clicks so I've gotten only gotten two hits off it so far, but so far so good! Kind of wish I'd added a torch to my PIU order so I could play with this thing some more but oh well. Might just use a bic and deal with cleaning any soot off.

Induction heaters are amazing...but I think one should learn to use a proper torch first. The torch is the manual method that you should master before you go to the automatic IH.

Top Bottom