• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
DV picked an existing producer to work with, support and give you a chance to have a DV authorized IH developed to work with Vapcaps now rather then later, how is that "so fucking lame".

Well now that these people can no longer bitch and moan about "dYnAvAp JuSt ReLeAsInG nEw CoLoRz AnD nOtHiNg NeW" so they need to find a new avenue to voice their malcontent.

Thank you for pointing out that indeed - Dynavap is continuing to work on their own IH. I'm sure many will look past this or ignore it, or somehow find a way to complain about it but it's really a bummer to see like 2 new pages on this thread every day, and half of it is just people talking about DVs business decisions like they're the CEO.

e:

not trying to be volatile - also, asking for people to give constructive criticism or actual input rather than just complaining isn't being a fanboy before anyone gets rowdy... I think we all want good products, and also good conversation (why we are here? right?) :spliff:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Did you even watch the stream?
George said Dynavap is continuing to work on their IH.

DV picked an existing producer to work with, support and give you a chance to have a DV authorized IH developed to work with Vapcaps now rather then later, how is that "so fucking lame".

Except the entire unit.

:bang:
Agree

Last edited:

nonamekevin

What I'm still trying to figure out is why everyone has been insisting on an IH from DV? There have been other options for a while.

Honestly, who cares anymore. Looking at dynavaps accessories page, the first 4 items are an IH, a grinder, and two flashlights. It seems like they are going away from what made them successful in the first place, which is portable dry herb vaporizers which don't require batteries. The community here has come up with more interesting mods/releases than dv has lately.

I'm in for an omni update, as I still love my omni. I'm in for a larger bowl version, but I don't see that happening. Shoot, even simple changes like different wood options and color options are cool. But all this extra stuff isnt needed.

My two cents.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I never use my Vong with water, or glass for that matter, and I really enjoy the HV straight with spinning MP

@RogueGuy
Same with my NonaVong XLS
with Titanium Spinning Mouthpiece. Tried it with glass and water, a bit, but I only use it stand alone, anymore. Same with my Shadow M.

99% of the time I use your original RWW glass stem and / or my OG Chillum, both with Shadow M SS tips. (in tandem or use 1 while cleaning or loading the other.) :nod:

I've ironically, now gotten away from my beloved Ti tip, which sits in my NonaVong XLS, stored away with my Shadow M. :o

(That Ti tip was simply browning out my shit waaay TOO fast.) :bang:

@nonamekevin
Very well put!
Worth far more than :2c:
imho. :tup:

At the end of the day, I have a Shadow M and a NonaVong XLS that are stored away while I use "Other's" glass stems with my tips.

I don't really see the NEW Vong stem as ENOUGH of a game changer to bother getting it.

If I DIDN'T already own a NonaVong XLS, I'd likely get 1.

It IS a pretty design, and if I collected stems (VCAS), I'd snatch 1 right up. But 2 main glass stems with their SS tip,
give me what I want/need for MY own Vaping satisfaction, at this point.

I have an excellent induction heater that's simple, dependable, and affordable from @Pipes and don't see any reason to upgrade, replace, or add a sibling to it.
(No "IHAS" here. lol)

I can't really knock on George for Outsourcing the induction heater. Dynavap is NOT an electronic induction heater company.

They make analog vaporizers that don't need batteries.

EVERYTHING ELSE they make or sell is SECONDARY to THAT product.

So I wouldn't WANT somebody who specializes in ONE particular type of product to do a HALF-ASSED job of making me another one because I screamed for it.

If they're going to listen to public demand and sell them at all, they ought to at least make sure it's done RIGHT.

So on THAT one, I have to agree with his decision to have someone else who's an EXPERT in doing so, build them.

As for the cute little stash light that is neither WATERPROOF nor SMELL PROOF ..... :lol: :rofl: :lol:

No offense @VapCap, it IS cute,
but.... I'll pass. :shrug:

and THAT, my friends, is my
humble little :2c:

Happy Vaping! 
:wave: :leaf: :rockon:

Last edited:

MAbud

Did you even watch the stream?
George said Dynavap is continuing to work on their IH.

Except the entire unit.

:bang:

This is a personal viewpoint and not an unbiased look at the business. Fundamentally, people who have been purchasing DV products for years are buying less today than 2 years ago. That means having to fill the funnel with new consumers and you have having to spend significantly more. New customer acquisition is always more costly than expanding existing customers.

DV has talked about this IH for far too long. Honestly the majority of people who would have purchased it have already likely bought a different available option. As these are not disposable items that slows rate of return on R&D and overall ROI. First mover advantage can never be replaced. A once revolutionary company has now began to settle and try to hype things like a minor tweak or update to a stem as a big product platform release. try and remove your own views and look at it from a business perspective, if you have the acumen to do that? I don't mean that in a derogatory manner, just no clue if you understand the mechanics of running a successful business.

GoldenBud

This is a personal viewpoint and not an unbiased look at the business. Fundamentally, people who have been purchasing DV products for years are buying less today than 2 years ago. That means having to fill the funnel with new consumers and you have having to spend significantly more. New customer acquisition is always more costly than expanding existing customers.

DV has talked about this IH for far too long. Honestly the majority of people who would have purchased it have already likely bought a different available option. As these are not disposable items that slows rate of return on R&D and overall ROI. First mover advantage can never be replaced. A once revolutionary company has now began to settle and try to hype things like a minor tweak or update to a stem as a big product platform release. try and remove your own views and look at it from a business perspective, if you have the acumen to do that? I don't mean that in a derogatory manner, just no clue if you understand the mechanics of running a successful business.

the 120$ IH is twice as priced comparing to the Shadow M
which means that basically Dynavap Is definitely not doing wrong as a Business. they sell their basic model which works good in a fair price.
But there's a way to express yourself, anyway, telling lame etc' is not good for people to open their mind for your opinion.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
DV has talked about this IH for far too long.
Has DV really been talking about it? I mean, they have responded to the requests for it by trying to create their own. And they have occasionally shared their progress. But up until this past week have they really been talking it up or teasing us about it? It’s more us that have been hyping it up (at least from what I have read/remember).

I feel like they are developing one because of the the demand - but I don’t think they have ever tried to string us along. They want to make an outstanding product in a world they aren’t experts. They haven’t been able to get it to the place they would feel comfortable putting their IH for purchase... But since (some) of the community has been screaming for one from them, they went to someone who could provide one NOW.
Just because VC’s are popular in this very niche community doesn’t mean they are a HUGE operation. If they rushed something out and it wasn’t ready — that would be a disaster that a relatively small company would have a hard time recovering from.
If they aren’t ready for a release, I think this was a smart plan B.

nonamekevin

@MAbud summed it up nicely saying that the majority of people who would have purchased an IH would have gotten one by now. Another reason why dv would have been okay not producing their own IH unit.

The Apollo release seems like a tester for the market. If they can sell a bunch, it might be worth it to develop their own. If not, that's money they have saved in R&D hours, manufacturing, etc. It will be interesting to see how well it actually sells. Either way, lucid customs gets a boost in business.

thejackalsmark

Has DV really been talking about it? I mean, they have responded to the requests for it by trying to create their own. And they have occasionally shared their progress. But up until this past week have they really been talking it up or teasing us about it? It’s more us that have been hyping it up (at least from what I have read/remember).

I feel like they are developing one because of the the demand - but I don’t think they have ever tried to string us along. They want to make an outstanding product in a world they aren’t experts. They haven’t been able to get it to the place they would feel comfortable putting their IH for purchase... But since (some) of the community has been screaming for one from them, they went to someone who could provide one NOW.
Just because VC’s are popular in this very niche community doesn’t mean they are a HUGE operation. If they rushed something out and it wasn’t ready — that would be a disaster that a relatively small company would have a hard time recovering from.

@Jill NYC @MAbud @GoldenBud

I agree, 100%!

Oh... and Jill... at the end of your comment.... Niiice! :nod: :smug:
IMG-18353915724843.jpg

:rofl:

Happy Vaping! :tup::leaf::wave:

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Honestly in my opinion. Dynavap releasing an ih at all for now is a step in the right direction. They went w a company who has gotten great reveiws on their product. And I think were able to keep it at a fair price point. Also keeping in mind they are offeing a 1 year warranty. This is great because most if not all of ih makers are using parts from china where the quality control is less than perfect. W that being said I have seen some of the issues that come along w this. So a warranty is huge imo. I know some people are upset w the delay in their own ih but this is something they have done from the get. I remember the 3d prindwd loader they sold from a maker like many in this community. I think they have done alot for the makers in the community who would like to start making assecories and have made it know that they are more than willing to carry stuff that people would use. I agree its kimd of a downer to hear so many complain especially w lots of options being out their. And if hi low temp caps arencoming soon I see a possibility of a whole new lineup of diffrent size vapcaps!

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I just finished watching the DV IH video and here is my takeaway;

Its a nice unit by a trusted maker

The auto shutoff is pretty slick

They are working on a battery powered unit

And.... The "Cup" one might/will make it to market.

Im not an IH user so my opinion aint worth much, but it seems they are working towards what people are looking for.

thejackalsmark

I’m not sure what I did, but thanks!

I thought this...

If they rushed something out and it wasn’t ready — that would be a disaster that a relatively small company would have a hard time recovering from.

was a subtle reference to the "2019 M Tip fiasco". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :rofl:

@Ricardo Nah, if it was really redditty in here, 20 ppl would have "UPvoted" your comment, but 15 haters would inevitably "DOWNvote" it, making everyone think that ONLY 5 ppl liked or agreed with you. :rofl:

@danielj :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Happy Vaping! :leaf::popcorn:

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense

I feel like they are developing one because of the demand - but I don’t think they have ever tried to string us along. They want to make an outstanding product in a world they aren’t experts. They haven’t been able to get it to the place they would feel comfortable putting their IH for purchase... But since (some) of the community has been screaming for one from them, they went to someone who could provide one NOW.

...and...period. :clap:

DV is making these gorgeous tips and caps. Their development is DV's business. For stems and bodies look at the offers of all the awesome aftermarket makers like phatt, Simrell, Stardustsailor and many more not to call. DV's design and woods can't keep up with theirs. And IH? There are so many well developed and proven IH out there why desperately waiting for the DV one?

GoldenBud

...and...period. :clap:

DV is making these gorgeous tips and caps. Their development is DV's business. For stems and bodies look at the offers of all the awesome aftermarket makers like phatt, Simrell, Stardustsailor and many more not to call. DV's design and woods can't keep up with theirs. And IH? There are so many well developed and proven IH out there why desperately waiting for the DV one?

Exactly, they engineer mechanical stuff, Not electronics.

Top Bottom