flammy

So much drama.

I can see how someone might have thought that @vapenerd and I were arguing but I honestly didn't take any offense to our back and forth. I'm sorry if it appeared that way but I can assure everyone that I wasn't upset or offended. I don't take things like this personally...it's healthy discourse as far as I'm concerned. If something personal was brewing, I would have taken it to PMs.

Also, I don't want people to mistake my comments regarding the Apollo. I'm sure it's a good heater and people will purchase and enjoy it. The 12 month warranty is a nice duration and will put a lot of minds at ease I'm sure. Due to that, I'd have to imagine that it's not going to be a terrible heater by any means.

Although it's probably a good heater, I feel like the other existing heaters will still easily have a place in the market. I'm still going to get a Fluxer when my turn comes up (been waiting since late Feb) and I will want another @phattpiggie custom IH enclosure (has @Pipes barebones inside)...here is mine that I have posted elsewhere here:

We still don't confirmation on the specs for the battery powered unit so its probably too early to judge the Apollo fairly. And with that said, I will reserve any further judgement until more details on both versions have been officially released.

nonamekevin

Is the SJK IH still a thing? I bought mine off Amazon along with a ddave mod for it, never had a single problem. $65 total, and I got both within a week. It's not portable, if that's what people are really looking for.

Honestly, I don't even use the IH anymore. I typically get heat ups faster or on par with my single torch when compare to the SJK, and I can take the torch wherever, but the SJK is limited to the cord.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really really love that piece. As much as I enjoy having Donnie in a jar, I would swap it out for that in a New York second.
Honestly, I don't even use the IH anymore. I typically get heat ups faster or on par with my single torch when compare to the SJK, and I can take the torch wherever, but the SJK is limited to the cord.
It isn't about speed at all for me, it is about ease and consistency. I have no problems using a torch, but I much prefer my JarHead when using VCs at home. I think holding it vertically (like the SJK) might be less "easy".

Last edited:

Chandler

My optimum would be two or three 18650 WITH full pass through so you can just plug it in and have it work without regard for battery charge level.
basically a Flux deluxe. Or Mother deluxe perhaps?
My optimum would be one 18650. 20-25 clicks 4-5 bowls, or 5-10 for the flavour chasers. That's the only way to achieve true stealth with an ih I can see. Or new stronger smaller energy source

I don’t use my IH much anymore because it heats too aggressively IMO. I have a PSM for reference. I didn’t have an issue until I upgraded to an Omni. The only explanation I can think of is that the Ti tip heats up faster than the cap, so once the cap clicks, the tip is already at a higher temperature, and I get a toasty tasting hit right off the bat. This can be dealt with by removing the Omni from the IH before the click, but that takes away from the simplicity and convenience of the experience IMO. I don’t want any guesswork when using my Dynavap.

I never see anyone else complaining about this so perhaps my IH simply runs hot?:shrug:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

That's pretty. I should seriously consider getting one!

All i can say, if the IH doesn’t last more then 15 bowls, its a waste of money, also, need a user replaceable batteries for us heavy users.

I don't think I'd buy one that uses a battery, without useable replaceable batteries.

Is the SJK IH still a thing? I bought mine off Amazon along with a ddave mod for it, never had a single problem. $65 total, and I got both within a week. It's not portable, if that's what people are really looking for.

That thing has always taken significantly longer to heat a Dynavap tip&cap than the more popular IH's on the market that are made to heat Dynavap vaporizers.

MAbud

I don’t use my IH much anymore because it heats too aggressively IMO. I have a PSM for reference. I didn’t have an issue until I upgraded to an Omni. The only explanation I can think of is that the Ti tip heats up faster than the cap, so once the cap clicks, the tip is already at a higher temperature, and I get a toasty tasting hit right off the bat. This can be dealt with by removing the Omni from the IH before the click, but that takes away from the simplicity and convenience of the experience IMO. I don’t want any guesswork when using my Dynavap.

I never see anyone else complaining about this so perhaps my IH simply runs hot?:shrug:

I have a similar issue with my Caldron and it’s unusable. I have a PSM with no issue. My caldron roasts the first hit way too hot and combusts on the second. Tried with like 10 different tips and caps all with the same result. So I think it’s more of a QC issue than a universal IH issue.

vapenerd

So my Hydravong XLS light wood arrived. I just used it for the very first time and ... combusted! :rolleyes: Although I respected the click and heated the vong very conservatively. That took me by suprise.

The only explanation I have is that it comes with a Ti tip. I prefer SS tips. I have perfected my technique with SS tips and never combust with them. Can't say the same for Ti tips which I don't like that much.

Other than that ... well, I think it looks pretty cool. But of course that's purely a matter of taste.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Well, can’t have it both ways. If you want a lot of heat ups, you need bigger batteries. Bigger batteries means less portable.

Unless again you go for the Mistvape Beast and put it on a dual 21700 box mod. That would be the most portable and still long lasting. But it’ll be about $200 when you factor in the cost of the mod.

warren0728

I have a similar issue with my Caldron and it’s unusable. I have a PSM with no issue. My caldron roasts the first hit way too hot and combusts on the second. Tried with like 10 different tips and caps all with the same result. So I think it’s more of a QC issue than a universal IH issue.

i have found the opposite experience ... my caldron roasts the bud evenly and heats up the tip perfectly (both ss and titanium tips) ... i just respect the click although i do go a couple seconds past the click on the initial heating

Top Bottom