• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Hé hé, thanks a lot @muunch @Chandler @Ramahs for your words!
I try to do my best to get customers happy :)

For those who do not know me, I am a french craftman, evolving in the Dynaverse, and I love to create from fine woods some VC stems, all glass lined with @davesmith (Glass Charlie) tubes.
Here's one of my last ones, in cocobolo with acrylic inlay...

20190731-115956.jpg

I have the pleasure to make some stands for VC or others vapes too

20190725-163936.jpg

All the best

:peace:

ubardog

For those who do not know me, I am a french craftman, evolving in the Dynaverse, and I love to create from fine woods some VC stems, all glass lined with @davesmith (Glass Charlie) tubes.

20190731-115956.jpg

20190725-163936.jpg

All the best

So Soooo good :D Love it Aezhenn

I have a GC nipple stem already and its my Daily Driver .
I think the old saying "If you have to ask the price, Then you can't afford it ." Come into play here. But....

I know each will be different but a ball park figure would be nice.
How much for you stems. Also burl stand/bowl and matching stem combo

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I know each will be different but a ball park figure would be nice.
How much for you stems. Also burl stand/bowl and matching stem combo

He is fairly cheap considering the quality of wood he uses, and his process.

I received several in-progress pics of my stem, checking to make sure I liked it.

I paid just shy of $100 USD, and I believe $15-20 of it was shipping.

Perhaps it is taboo to mention price but I feel he is extremely reasonable, considering the prices some of the other makers sell their goods at... I had a buddy tell me what he spent for a stem+stand combo, and it was JUST more expensive than one of the more expensive 3rd party dynavap stems that a lot of people seem to have no problem dropping the cash for...

For $20~ more, instead of just a metal stem and some twisted tape turbulator (for example), you could get a beautiful wood stem(with cooling liners!) AND a nice stand/bowl.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
For those of us on a budget I've found glass can quite often provide a wonderful custom vapcap experience. One of the first things I did when I got a vapcap in the fall of '17 was to get some boro glass and a cutter and try my hand at making stems. It was largely a failure because the class just wasn't thick enough to handle the heat and they all broke at the tip end.

But...I learned that glass is my favorite mouthpiece, and, other than the rare times I use my Omni or M natively, I use glass for all my vape stems and mouthpieces. For me it just provides a better taste and mouth feel than metals or wood. And the real bonus for me is both easier maintenance and better use of the plant because I can collect the honey that adheres to glass from vaping. Drop one in a pan of simmering coffee for about 15-20 minutes and you'll get a wonderful buzz.

The Aristrocrat from @Sneaky Pete has become my absolute favorite stem to use natively. It's elegant, quite long at 4.75 inches, functional, cools the vapor nicely, and will be incredibly easy to clean and maintain because there are no crevices for honey to hide. At just a tad over $20US I think they're a real deal. And if you don't have a vapcap at all you can get a Ti tip and cap for $60 and have an amazing 'custom' vape for just over $80US.

Here's a link: https://www.sneakypetestore.com/col...ocrat-stem-for-dynavap?variant=23238751027281

DirtyD

For those of us on a budget I've found glass can quite often provide a wonderful custom vapcap experience. One of the first things I did when I got a vapcap in the fall of '17 was to get some boro glass and a cutter and try my hand at making stems. It was largely a failure because the class just wasn't thick enough to handle the heat and they all broke at the tip end.

But...I learned that glass is my favorite mouthpiece, and, other than the rare times I use my Omni or M natively, I use glass for all my vape stems and mouthpieces. For me it just provides a better taste and mouth feel than metals or wood. And the real bonus for me is both easier maintenance and better use of the plant because I can collect the honey that adheres to glass from vaping. Drop one in a pan of simmering coffee for about 15-20 minutes and you'll get a wonderful buzz.

The Aristrocrat from @Sneaky Pete has become my absolute favorite stem to use natively. It's elegant, quite long at 4.75 inches, functional, cools the vapor nicely, and will be incredibly easy to clean and maintain because there are no crevices for honey to hide. At just a tad over $20US I think they're a real deal. And if you don't have a vapcap at all you can get a Ti tip and cap for $60 and have an amazing 'custom' vape for just over $80US.

Here's a link: https://www.sneakypetestore.com/col...ocrat-stem-for-dynavap?variant=23238751027281
☆☆^^☆☆ this. If I didn't already have a great deal of vapcap regalia, this is what I'd do , and it's also what I did, back in the day, more or less. Full on vapcap experience, and the "mostest for the cheapest ". Cheers to the VapCult, these are My People!. D.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Coustu

Ok so I just got me a Simrell vortex stem and had PLANNED to use it with a new ss tip that I just got but the tip isn’t a good fit. It’s loose. So much so, that just taking the cap off and the whole tip comes out. And it’s not the dimensions of the stem cause it fits loose same with my dynavap ti body. And my titanium tip fits just fine in both. Is there a trick to getting the fit of the ss tip more snug? It seems to me to be the o rings aren’t big enough but they’re brand new! Has anybody else out here dealt with this? And if so, how?

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower

20190731-115956.jpg

20190725-163936.jpg

All the best

These are beyond words both in function and aesthetic beauty. Proud my glass is included in your creations!

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok so I just got me a Simrell vortex stem and had PLANNED to use it with a new ss tip that I just got but the tip isn’t a good fit. It’s loose. So much so, that just taking the cap off and the whole tip comes out. And it’s not the dimensions of the stem cause it fits loose same with my dynavap ti body. And my titanium tip fits just fine in both. Is there a trick to getting the fit of the ss tip more snug? It seems to me to be the o rings aren’t big enough but they’re brand new! Has anybody else out here dealt with this? And if so, how?

I have found that the SS tips fit ever so slightly looser. When I make a wood stem and fine tune the tip fittage...I fit to a SS tip rather than a Ti tip. The design in the o ring area is a bit different on the SS tip, and I believe it uses one less o ring.

There are some possibilities in your case...
1 check to make sure there are 2 replaceable o rings on the ss tip, and that they are not broken or seated improperly.
2 the ss tip itself is out of spec
3 The vortex fittage doesnt take into account the looser fitting ss tip

The first 2 options is a Dynavap replace. They are quite good at replacing problem tips.
The 3rd option I dont know....either use a Ti tip on the vortex, or try to get the maker to test fit a SS tip on one of his stems, and swap it for the one you have.

I have heard of folks using waxed dental floss to build up a tip's thickness..Im not a fan of that. IMO better to get parts that fit as they should.
Its a bummer considering the excitement of getting a new, and rather pricey, custom stem...and a shiny new tip. I hope you find a successful remedy

Ramahs

Last time I had a loose-tip problem I took off the o-rings on the tip (the smaller ones that go inside the end of the stem when the tip is inserted, not the big one that rests right at the end of the stem), and wrapped a very tiny bit (literally just a couple of strands) of degummed hemp fiber around the inside of the grooves the o-rings sit in on the tip, then put the o-rings back in the grooves over the hemp fiber. That snugged everything right up.

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Last time I had a loose-tip problem I took off the o-rings on the tip (the smaller ones that go inside the end of the stem when the tip is inserted, not the big one that rests right at the end of the stem), and wrapped a very tiny bit (literally just a couple of strands) of degummed hemp fibre around the inside of the grooves the o-rings sit in on the tip. That snugged everything right up.

It is amazing how tight the tolerances are on O ring groove dimensions! There are pdf manuals online concerning groove geomatry. Notvan easy topic. I have been doing some prototyping on an acetal mouthpiece design that uses the same o rings that the tips use. Haven't got it right yet.

I am not surprised that a strand of hemp might cinch things up underneath an o ring groove...my concern would be that the heat might degrade, char, burn, the hemp away in time. Its a stop gap (literally) measure.

As Dynavap is so good at replacing parts, Id do that as well. And notify the Vortex maker. He would profit from testing SS tips for fittage in his stems. If he needs to tweek the stem bore diameter, it will make for a better product down the line

Ramahs

I am not surprised that a strand of hemp might cinch things up underneath an o ring groove...my concern would be that the heat might degrade, char, burn, the hemp away in time. Its a stop gap (literally) measure.

Meh...I'm not that worried about it. Mine has lasted me a long time like that. It's not exactly in the air-path, and nothing appears degraded after ~15 months of almost daily use...Plus, even if anything from that extremely tiny amount of degummed hemp fiber did get into the vapor over years time, I dare say it's not enough to cause any worry at all.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Meh...I'm not that worried about it. Mine has lasted me a long time like that. It's not exactly in the air-path, and nothing appears degraded after ~15 months of almost daily use...Plus, even if anything from that extremely tiny amount of degummed hemp fiber did get into the vapor over years time, I dare say it's not enough to cause any worry at all.

I was thinking more along the line of the hemp wearing out due to heat, and needing to redo the procedure...but if hemp is tuff enough to still be up and running after 15 months...then it def has lasting power

Ramahs

I was thinking more along the line of the hemp wearing out due to heat, and needing to redo the procedure...but if hemp is tuff enough to still be up and running after 15 months...then it def has lasting power

I just pulled the tip out and checked, and it's as snug as ever. (there's a Posts Taken Out of Context thread quote for ya, lol) I wasn't in the mood to dig the o-ring(s) out and risk damaging them...but it is exactly just as tight a fit now as it was the day I put them in. So, no degradation that I am aware of.

I figure the o-rings would fail long before the hemp fiber. I'd probably want to replace it then, because I'd be cleaning the entire tip anyway. And the o-rings are still fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom