• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
So... All the Titanium, talk today, reminded me of my little friend, right here. "Stoner-Engineered", "StemPunk"-style, CHIC! :rockon: :clap:
OG-CHILLUM-With-Titanium-Mouthpiece-1.jpg

Shadow M Stainless Steel tip, 4 inch OG CHILLUM Glass Stem,

Aaaannnd...

THIS little guy: :cool:
OG-CHILLUM-With-Titanium-Mouthpiece-2.jpg

Another angle, showing the exit point of my new Titanium "Mouthpiece".
OG-CHILLUM-With-Titanium-Mouthpiece-3.jpg

For those of you who purchased an RWW Glass stem from @RogueGuy, you'll recognize that little piece which came with it.

A titanium dabbing tip/nail/needle/etc.

Since I have a Dynavap tip in THAT particular glass stem, (Awesome stem, btw!) this little beauty just sits in a plastic bag.
What a waste. :cry:

HOWEVER... :D

If you slap some O-rings on between those fins, for an air tight fit, you can pop that in the end that you're hitting from on that OG Chillum stem AND (WITHOUT explaining the airflow Dynamics of this whole setup, for the next 3 hours! :bang: :lol:)
your Vapor will come through, ICY COLD and SOLID CLOUDS with EASE! :o :nod: :tup:

Obviously, you will need to CHECK both your tip that you will using, be it stainless steel or titanium AND that titanium needle, for PROPER fit, when you pick up an OG Chillum stem from a local shop. (about $5 on average) :tup:

IF you DON'T do this in person then you take your chances with the fit due to Glass variance. :shrug:

And... Ummm...

If the shop owner is KIND enough to let you check tips in stems, PLEASE be kind IN RETURN!

CLEAN the tips FIRST before you go! :nod:

That sounds OBVIOUS to MOST of us but you'd be AMAZED at how many people will DO the dick move of just taking their tip out of their daily WITHOUT cleaning it and stand by some counter checking stems with a NASTY tip, while the clerk isn't looking or busy. :uhoh:

Represent, for FC! :rockon:

DON'T be that person. :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :smug: :popcorn:

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
So... All the Titanium, talk today, reminded me of my little friend, right here : :rockon: :clap:

Shadow M Stainless Steel tip, 4 inch OG CHILLUM Glass Stem, Aaaannnd...
THIS guy: :cool:

Showing the exit point of my new Titanium "Mouthpiece".

For those of you who purchased an RWW Glass stem from @RogueGuy, you'll recognize this little piece which came with it.

A titanium dabbing nail/needle/etc.

Since I have a Dynavap tip in THAT particular glass stem, (Awesome stem, btw) this little beauty just sits in a plastic bag.

If you slap some O-rings on between those fins, for an air tight fit, you can pop that in the end that you're hitting from on that OG Chillum stem AND (WITHOUT explaining the airflow Dynamics of this whole setup, for the next 3 hours! :bang: :lol:)
your Vapor will come through, ICY COLD and SOLID CLOUDS with EASE! :o :nod: :tup:

(Obviously you will need to CHECK both your tip that you will using, be it stainless steel or titanium AND that titanium needle, for PROPER fit, when you pick up an OG Chillum stem from a local shop. (about $5 on average) :tup:

IF you DON'T do this in person then you take your chances with the fit due to Glass variance. :shrug:

And... Ummm...

If the shop owner is KIND enough to let you check tips in stems, PLEASE be kind IN RETURN!

That sounds OBVIOUS to MOST of us but you'd be AMAZED at how many people will DO the dick move of just taking their tip out of their daily WITHOUT cleaning it and stand by some counter checking stems with a NASTY tip, while the clerk isn't looking or busy.

Thanks @thejackalsmark Genius move w the ti tip that comes w the TRWW stem. I know what I'm doing as soon as I get home from work. Lol. Great idea.Yet another thing to thank @RogueGuy for throwing in. Those spare orings came in handy for sure!

hinglemccringleberry

Well, you've given me some pause on my plan to go with SS stem and shave off the $50-60. It doesn't really get too hot up in the Yukon in Canada where I live and I'm always vaping at home, so not quite the factor for me as it is for you, but I would not be happy to have a stem that's uncomfortably warm to handle during use.

It would still have the titanium mouthpiece/condenser, so I'm cautiously optimistic that would cool it enough to not let the SS stem get too hot.
Nah, if you live up in Canada I say go with the steel one if that's what you want. None of this is really a dealbreaker (well, except for the glass stems in hot environments used w/ a torch, that's a safety hazard). If it's a nice mild/cool temperature where you are, none of this really matters. The other thing is that I have no idea if IH heaters affect the stem temps near the tip like 3-flame torches do...someone else will have to chime in on that.

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Nah, if you live up in Canada I say go with the steel one if that's what you want. None of this is really a dealbreaker (well, except for the glass stems in hot environments used w/ a torch, that's a safety hazard). If it's a nice mild/cool temperature where you are, none of this really matters. The other thing is that I have no idea if IH heaters affect the stem temps near the tip like 3-flame torches do...someone else will have to chime in on that.

With IH's, only the heat from your tip is heating your stem. Business as usual. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :wave:

martinstraka8282

Ya, I can't imagine it would be that bad for my use case and where I live. If anything the damn thing will be frozen in my hand half the year! So many seem to get by with the SS that I'm sure I'll be okay. Thanks for the feedback!

SquanchKava

My portside mini is on the way, so now I just need to settle on a Vapcap. This will be my first and I've already decided to skip the "M" model.

I'd really like the Titanium tip, but it's really hard to find in stock in Canada standalone. I also really like the idea of the Omni XL mouthpiece/condenser with the controllable airflow. I can get the Omni XL full setup on Dynavap.com for about $190 cdn with free shipping if I go with the stainless steel body over the titanium, so, I'm hoping for some feedback on the two questions below.

Will the stainless steel stem get hot (possibly too hot to handle?) unlike the titanium? Opinion on if I will regret the extra $60 to get the SS stem over the titanium stem? I do not mind the extra weight and sometimes this can actually be nice, but I don't want a stem that gets uncomfortably warm to handle.

Opinions on the Omni mouthpiece controllable airflow? Is this feature as nice to have as I think it would be? I like the set it and forget it option over having to pay attention to a carb hole. I'll also be going through water a lot with the fat mouthpiece, and I assume the airflow control would be nice for that. Can you close the carb completely with this?

Thanks to anyone able to answer! I will only be using an IH if that changes anything.

I have a Portside Mini and I only use SS stems in it. I use two 2018 M stems with wooden mouthpieces and wood or glass stems with SS tips. It only heats the tip, the stem never gets hot enough to bother me. No worries at all if you go SS with the Portside Mini.

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

In my experience the Omni does not completely close off the airflow, not how you would want it for going through water.

Nice idea @thejackalsmark! Wish I had a few spare o-rings...
Really? That's interesting. I assumed it would close it off completely as an option and do plan on using it through water at least half the time.
I have a Portside Mini I only use SS stems in it. I use two 2018 M stems with wooden mouthpieces and wood and glass stems with SS tips. If only heats the tip, the stem never gets hot enough to bother me. No worries at all if you go SS with the Portside Mini.
Great to hear!!! This helps put me at ease.

StringTheorista

Really? That's interesting. I assumed it would close it off completely as an option and do plan on using it through water at least half the time.
Yeah. My understanding is that the early Omnis did close down completely, but mine (second gen) does not. It still lets some air, albeit much reduced, through even at full extension. It does not become like a carbless stem when closed.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
So... All the Titanium, talk today, reminded me of my little friend, right here. "Stoner-Engineered", "StemPunk"-style, CHIC! :rockon: :clap:

Shadow M Stainless Steel tip, 4 inch OG CHILLUM Glass Stem,

Aaaannnd...

THIS little guy: :cool:

Another angle, showing the exit point of my new Titanium "Mouthpiece".

For those of you who purchased an RWW Glass stem from @RogueGuy, you'll recognize that little piece which came with it.

A titanium dabbing tip/nail/needle/etc.

Since I have a Dynavap tip in THAT particular glass stem, (Awesome stem, btw!) this little beauty just sits in a plastic bag.

Obviously, you will need to CHECK both your tip that you will using, be it stainless steel or titanium AND that titanium needle, for PROPER fit, when you pick up an OG Chillum stem from a local shop. (about $5 on average) :tup:

And... Ummm...

That sounds OBVIOUS to MOST of us but you'd be AMAZED at how many people will DO the dick move of just taking their tip out of their daily WITHOUT cleaning it and stand by some counter checking stems with a NASTY tip, while the clerk isn't looking or busy. :uhoh:

^^ “Steampunk”! ^^

I too have been thinking about what to do with the small Ti? tip RG had generously included with
his stem.

Today I went fishing.

Took an old timey one hitter, fitted the small tip to it. Squash a DV cap to fit.

And Walla! A midget VapCap wannabe. :smug: :cheers::spliff:

Almost. Darn, gotta find some files... , “ a work in progress”

No fish were harmed, nor caviar used in this endeavor

Last edited:

Plutonic

I'm loving my new @Pipes Caldron! It's built like a tiny tank, works perfectly, and I especially like two things:

- The temperature is tunable by adjusting the depth of the hole. @Pipes has carefully set the ~1" hole depth to optimize extraction without burning, but I'm such a lightweight that I like inhaling almost invisible vapor for one or two cycles (I like to imagine I'm getting high from low-temp terps, probably placebo). It's super easy to stick some cork in the hole to lower the temp. Right now my preferred hole depth is 5/8", but it's nice that it's deep enough for me to play with. (Is that what she said, or he said?)

- The temp is perfectly repeatable, it performs exactly the same each time (for a given depth). Knowing that the click always means the same thing, I can now comfortably go beyond it a little.

I even love learning an alternate spelling of the American "cauldron." (Though I still put quotes outside the period. Apologies to the Canadians and Brits among us.)

Thank you @Pipes!

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@thejackalsmark if I ever actually have a real business I want to hire you. You always come up with cool ideas.

So, thanks to @thejackalsmark for the hack and @mccringleberry for being so generous and helping me fill out my old school DV collection with this authentic Dynavap Carbon Fiber Stem I have some new toys to play with. I put a black @danielj MP on the CF and they are a match made in DV heaven.
new-toys.jpg

My old school collection
Old-School-DV.jpg

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

@thejackalsmark if I ever actually have a real business I want to hire you. You always come up with cool ideas.

So, thanks to @thejackalsmark for the hack and @mccringleberry for being so generous and helping me fill out my old school DV collection with this authentic Dynavap Carbon Fiber Stem I have some new toys to play with. I put a black @danielj MP on the CF and they are a match made in DV heaven.
new-toys.jpg

My old schools collection
Old-School-DV.jpg

@RogueGuy
The "Job Offer" is an extreme compliment. I'm sincerely humbled, Thank you!

As for the "Ti Hack",
HERE'S 1 MORE!

If you take a plastic connector for those glow in the dark bracelets you find in packs at the dollar store, and pop one end in the large end of that tip, you can now put that tip on the mouthpiece end of the RWW glass stem, itself, for a REALLY unique new mouthpiece, with a coupla pleasant surprises of its OWN. :nod:
IMG-20190807-032155.jpg

IMG-20190807-032438.jpg

Not quite as sexy as being setup the opposite way, with the condenser-looking end on the inside, BUT, You should REALLY pull some big clouds with it in that position, and that vapor is STILL... ICY cold! :tup:

Heat isn't really an issue, and those plastic connector tubes are fairly sturdy and fit in that tip AND the RWW stem PERFECTLY!

I actually, really dig the "Midget Vapcap" that @stark1 is using that tip to make! If he gets that functional, I wanna see a vid of it in action!
39-FBDC8-B-3-ED5-411-F-99-AE-6706-FDAE820-C.jpg

Btw, LOVIN your "Old Schools Collection"! Some really nice stems, there!

Hope you had a great weekend at the coast!

Happy Vaping! :mmmm::bigleaf:

Last edited:

natural farmer

Good to see you rarely around, must be close to harvesting time?

Lots of work in the gardens for sure, hehe, but I rarely miss a page here. ;):p
Reason I am not participating in the talks that much is because of the time difference, the fact that the thread is moving quite fast these days and that I have pretty much settled with my Omni and don't have much to say really... :p It's just perfect. :rip: VAS :lol: Long live minimalism! :lol:

Yeah. My understanding is that the early Omnis did close down completely, but mine (second gen) does not. It still lets some air, albeit much reduced, through even at full extension. It does not become like a carbless stem when closed.

My first gen Omni didn't close completely. It does now with the last gen tip... :2c:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hey! mr natural! Twice in a few daze!

7676-C69-D-6221-4322-8-DD5-BDF2-E4-E4-AD00.gif

Don’t recall if you have an induction heater. If you haven’t,

You might want to get one. An entirely new experience....

How’s the summer heat in Greece? Last time I was there, everyone took a nappy after lunch! Two
Hour naps. Was novel to someone who spent time in the city which never sleeps!

A new Dynacoil will work crazy well with your OG Omni?

Last edited by a moderator:

thejackalsmark

Does anyone have a link to purchase mouth pieces or perhaps someone on here that makes them? I’ve had a dyna with a spinning mouthpiece for a while but want to upgrade up my dyna a bit :)

Which one, ya got? :cool:

do you have a preference of materials?
Wood, stainless steel, titanium, glass....

Stone? :o

Over the years, I've seen customized mouthpieces made out of just about any material you can possibly imagine. :nod:

There are a number of accessory makers who follow this thread that can help you out with that mouth piece and many of them tend to specialize in a specific material.

A pic included, at this point, will HELP someone here, who MAKES custom mouthpieces, better hook you up, with what will WORK and LOOK best. :nod: :tup:

Instead of just
"Settling", you'll end up with something you'll truly LOVE! :love:

Happy Vaping! :rockon::leaf::wave:

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
@D4Dank I will second @danielj's MP's if you are looking for spinning MP's. I have a bunch of different wood ones and I really prefer the smooth feel of the Acetal material over the wood. I also think they look really good and come in a bunch of different styles.
3rd vote for a @danielj MP. He makes a couple diffrent styles, in wood and acetal. Super soft on the lips. And hes a super nice guy.!

Last edited:
Top Bottom