• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Alexis

I haven't experienced excessive build up at all, even before I started using a hemp filter. I found my buildup to be quite a bit less than that produced by both my Vapman and Lotus. I wonder what is causing the difference between your excessive buildup and my minimal buildup?

I tend to heat my cap less than what I've seen others describe. My ABV is uniformly a light to medium toast color; lighter than the pics you've posted. I also microdose every few hours throughout the day and evening. So, tiny nugs are vaped rather than full bowls. I guess another variance would be the characteristics of the strain we are vaping?

Anyone have some theories or insight to offer?
I gave a wrong impression, I havent used the vapcaps enough to get any significant reclaim yet. I havent even looked at the inside of the omni's condenser.
But when I did try my mum's OG, i only had a few bowls and already there was visible build up inside the condenser.

Im just going by all the pictures I have seen from others' devices and many accojnts of reclaim build up rates earlier in this forum.
It seems to build up much fstr than the herborizer, where I used it for ages before anything even became visible.

I could be wrong that it is a problem anyway I really dont know, I dont have experience with similar style vaporizers and I always take all others' comments and view on board.
Im certainly going to try the hemp fiber gauze, I wondered how you were using it.

Yes Im sure nugg size etc plays a part, and strain etc. Generally, the stuff you members in the US have access to (and UKers without allergies to all fertilisers), is miles above our outdoor uk autoflowers, with leafy buds due to lack of sun.

But for what it is it is very good actually, just not the crystal white stinky deliciousness many of you are privvy too (no jealousy, I'm really glad for you all honest!)

I really believe that as @lookhigh suggested, water curing may be the answer for me, to reduce irritation by removing harsh compounds and useless plant material, requiring less actual material afterwards.

And if it can enable me to tolerate the plants with fertilisers, then I have a mountain of nice stuff from those others Im allergic to at the moment.

I really appreciate your advice and suggestions Squiby, you are only ever helpful! Hard to know what to do about allergies though isnt it?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I haven't experienced excessive build up at all, even before I started using a hemp filter. I found my buildup to be quite a bit less than that produced by both my Vapman and Lotus.

My experience is the same as yours...very little reclaim buildup under heavy use. Even pushing the ABV to dark coffee color doesn't increase it much. It's surprising, because with the tiny diameter of the condenser and short vapor path, I'd expect to be cleaning it much more often. No complaints, just another piece of the magic that is Vapcap.

YungLeaner

Got my new OG VC in today....great service from Puffitup as usual...

what else was I supposed to do today?

Loaded up a few caps...

was that indica or sativa?

working on a difficult philosophy passage regarding Nagel's argument against materialism...he asks--we understand how bats see, hear and think--we can graph echolocation, we can surgically examine the brain of a bat--but do we really know what it's like to be a bat? And if we don't, Nagel argues, then we have to admit that there is non-material consciousness in this world.

fun stuff, but the Vapcap makes the names and ideas swirl around in my head...

herbalist33

I gave a wrong impression, I havent used the vapcaps enough to get any significant reclaim yet. I havent even looked at the inside of the omni's condenser.
But when I did try my mum's OG, i only had a few bowls and already there was visible build up inside the condenser.

Im just going by all the pictures I have seen from others' devices and many accojnts of reclaim build up rates earlier in this forum.
It seems to build up much fstr than the herborizer, where I used it for ages before anything even became visible.

I could be wrong that it is a problem anyway I really dont know, I dont have experience with similar style vaporizers and I always take all others' comments and view on board.
Im certainly going to try the hemp fiber gauze, I wondered how you were using it.

Yes Im sure nugg size etc plays a part, and strain etc. Generally, the stuff you members in the US have access to (and UKers without allergies to all fertilisers), is miles above our outdoor uk autoflowers, with leafy buds due to lack of sun.

But for what it is it is very good actually, just not the crystal white stinky deliciousness many of you are privvy too (no jealousy, I'm really glad for you all honest!)

I really believe that as @lookhigh suggested, water curing may be the answer for me, to reduce irritation by removing harsh compounds and useless plant material, requiring less actual material afterwards.

And if it can enable me to tolerate the plants with fertilisers, then I have a mountain of nice stuff from those others Im allergic to at the moment.

I really appreciate your advice and suggestions Squiby, you are only ever helpful! Hard to know what to do about allergies though isnt it?

The rate at which the Vapcaps produce reclaim isn't ever really much of a problem, and isn't too dissimilar to most of my other vapes. I think the reason it may build up slightly quicker is because often there will be a little residual vapour left in the vape when you put it back in your stash, which will cool down and condense into reclaim. This is due to vapour being produced after your last hit, as the bowl cools down. I would imagine you could avoid this by allowing the Vapcap to completely cool down for a minute or two, and then taking one long draw on it before you put it back in its container/Dynastash.

Anyway, what I actually came here to suggest to you @Alexis concerns your allergies. I don't have any experience with allergies per se, and especially the type that you have- they sound horrendous. However when reading your above post, it reminded me of a recent post in the medical thread, where a user has been vaping nettles to combat their hayfever. It could be something to consider- apparently nettles contain a natural antihistamine (can't remember the name of the compound right now), and the user has been achieving remarkable results. And on the plus side, obtaining pesticide free nettles should be easy, they grow everywhere.

I should point out here too that the Vapcaps (and omni in particular) work great with other herbs such as camomile, hops, lavender, mint etc- I've been having lots of fun playing around with different mixes. I don't really like vaping them by themselves mind, but when mixed in with our favourite herb, they really help to modify the effects, and can make for a really tasty change. So I would recommend Alexis to try adding a small bit of nettles to your bowls along with your outdoor bud- it could be worth a shot. You may find that nettles by themselves may give you some relief too.

Here's the link to the thread regarding nettles/allergies:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaping-nettles-for-hayfever-relief.9887/

Peace

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Got my new OG VC in today....great service from Puffitup as usual...

what else was I supposed to do today?

Loaded up a few caps...

was that indica or sativa?

working on a difficult philosophy passage regarding Nagel's argument against materialism...he asks--we understand how bats see, hear and think--we can graph echolocation, we can surgically examine the brain of a bat--but do we really know what it's like to be a bat? And if we don't, Nagel argues, then we have to admit that there is non-material consciousness in this world.

fun stuff, but the Vapcap makes the names and ideas swirl around in my head...

Our perceived understanding is mere interpretation of intelligent design. :)

CanadianBakin

Love your detailed reply, can you compare the usage and efficiency? For example, from what I gather the bowl is rather small on the Vapcap; would 1 or 2 of those size loads even be enough fill a bag? Are you usually content with one bag?

The Volcano is not the most scant and resourceful vaporizer, which is why the VapCap intrigues me. The Volcano doesn't do concentrates well, so it sounds like the VapCap is worth it just for that. To be completely honest, I'm sort of interested in cutting back, in the best way possible.

The Volcano with solid valve is plenty efficient for me. I've tried making ISO oil with the ABVB (already been vaped bud), but the yield and quality weren't worth the effort. I've tried making butter a few times, but haven't been able to get it strong enough to notice an effect. I may try just eating the ABVB in a firecracker, but I'm in no hurry. My experience with edibles has been either no effect, or way too much.

As efficient as the Volcano is, the VapCap has got it beat. You have more control over the vaping process, so your ABVB can be as light or dark as you want it, even charcoal. I don't even think about doing anything with the ABVB from it.

You're right about the concentrates in the Volcano. Powdered kief is OK, but I've never been satisfied that I've been getting everything I could out of pressed kief or reclaim/oil/shatter, even at max temp. I picked up an easy valve to compare against the solid valve and found I preferred the efficiency of the solid, even though the easy is much easier to use. I was going to leave the easy valve set up with a liquid pad for doing concentrates, but the Omni is just so much better that I don't bother using it at all. I'm probably going to sell the easy valve.

It's hard to compare the usage of the two devices. With the Volcano, I make 3 bags from a 10' roll. I usually put .15 - .25g in the chamber and fill the bag once at 7.5 or so. I save this herb for later. Depending how much you put in it, one cap would have less effect than one of these bags, but two caps would have a bit more.

At the end of the night, I re-grind all the saved herb from the Volcano and vape it again at 8.5. I fill the bag twice, stirring in between, and the vapour starts to thin out by the end of the 2nd bag. Three caps is probably pretty close to this. I've tried doing a 3rd bag, but the vapour is very harsh and not worth it.

Squiby

it reminded me of a recent post in the medical thread, where a user has been vaping nettles to combat their hayfever. It could be something to consider- apparently nettles contain a natural antihistamine

While I have never vaped Stinging Nettle, I do drink a strong infusion occasionally. It is a fantastic allergy remedy. The bonus is that it grows here and there on my property with no help from me, so there is always an abundance of it available during the allergy season.

I may try vaping a bit to compare the effect of these two approaches.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Volcano with solid valve is plenty efficient for me. I've tried making ISO oil with the ABVB (already been vaped bud), but the yield and quality weren't worth the effort. I've tried making butter a few times, but haven't been able to get it strong enough to notice an effect. I may try just eating the ABVB in a firecracker, but I'm in no hurry. My experience with edibles has been either no effect, or way too much.

As efficient as the Volcano is, the VapCap has got it beat. You have more control over the vaping process, so your ABVB can be as light or dark as you want it, even charcoal. I don't even think about doing anything with the ABVB from it.

You're right about the concentrates in the Volcano. Powdered kief is OK, but I've never been satisfied that I've been getting everything I could out of pressed kief or reclaim/oil/shatter, even at max temp. I picked up an easy valve to compare against the solid valve and found I preferred the efficiency of the solid, even though the easy is much easier to use. I was going to leave the easy valve set up with a liquid pad for doing concentrates, but the Omni is just so much better that I don't bother using it at all. I'm probably going to sell the easy valve.

It's hard to compare the usage of the two devices. With the Volcano, I make 3 bags from a 10' roll. I usually put .15 - .25g in the chamber and fill the bag once at 7.5 or so. I save this herb for later. Depending how much you put in it, one cap would have less effect than one of these bags, but two caps would have a bit more.

At the end of the night, I re-grind all the saved herb from the Volcano and vape it again at 8.5. I fill the bag twice, stirring in between, and the vapour starts to thin out by the end of the 2nd bag. Three caps is probably pretty close to this. I've tried doing a 3rd bag, but the vapour is very harsh and not worth it.

Thanks for the reply, yes kief works alright, I actually made sure last night! Agree on the goo, didn't have good luck with their concentrate pads really. I should say mine is not efficient because it doesn't work right, it takes over 5 minutes to fill a bag now. It is hard to compare the two but you did a really good job, your Volcano style is pretty similar to mine, 7.5, double bag. Thanks!

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
it's only been a day without my og and wow, i miss it.. a lot!!! man. the ritual of the vapcap is so pleasant. and even with the twisting to heat, not having to grind bud/stir the bowl is really helpful for minimizing the pain in my wrists and hands. i'll be checking the mailbox frequently :drool:

YungLeaner

I like the Vapcap with shatter more than any other vape I've used wax in, including the cloud Evo.

The flavor is pure, the ritual is simple and elegant, and it is so efficient as to be miserly.

God bless America, honestly, because I don't believe in many things other than the strength of the entrepreneurial spirit and vision. This vape :clap::brow::ko:

Reybondo

wadiyatalkinabeet
Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I asked FC to recommend a vape for me, I ended up getting the Vapcap but since I live in the UK the only one I could find was the original which I'm more than happy with in terms of aesthetics and quality (the more expensive ones would have been nice but hey ho)

So today I received my very own vapcap in the post and I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the high and the amount of vapour production, I've seen videos of people pulling through milky vapour but I got wispy at best so I assume I'm doing something wrong. I've tried a few heating techniques some worked better than others but I got nothing compared to some videos and reviews.

Bare in mind I used a regular clipper, just over half a bowl, shared said bowl with a friend (he was pretty excited and couldn't wait for his to come through the post :lol:) and this was my first time using it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to work the vape a little bit better?

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
By pure accident, I made an interesting observation yesterday morning. I decided since it was a quiet morning with no deadlines I would take a couple of hits of my Omni. This was a new load, so the first hit I get is all flavor, no visible vapor. I got interrupted by a phone call just after taking the first hit, and had to take care of some stuff before forgetting, and didn’t get around to thinking about the second hit until about 15 minutes later. When I thought about it, I decided I really didn’t need another one, as the first one had actually sufficiently medicated me, but I was still able to work. I have never stopped after the first hit of a fresh bowl before, so this was a nice surprise.

Really pleasant, a “lifted” and energetic feeling which lasted a good bit longer than I expected. Later on, I finished off the bowl with two more heat cycles for a really nice evening. All this on .05 gm.

Baron23

Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I asked FC to recommend a vape for me, I ended up getting the Vapcap but since I live in the UK the only one I could find was the original which I'm more than happy with in terms of aesthetics and quality (the more expensive ones would have been nice but hey ho)

So today I received my very own vapcap in the post and I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the high and the amount of vapour production, I've seen videos of people pulling through milky vapour but I got wispy at best so I assume I'm doing something wrong. I've tried a few heating techniques some worked better than others but I got nothing compared to some videos and reviews.

Bare in mind I used a regular clipper, just over half a bowl, shared said bowl with a friend (he was pretty excited and couldn't wait for his to come through the post :lol:) and this was my first time using it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to work the vape a little bit better?

Hi @Reybondo - you need to check out the thread on the Vapcap in the Portables forum if you have no done so already:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-296#post-1034856

But, yes...in my experience you must be doing something wrong as I get great extraction from my OGs, better then the Ti Woody that I also have.

It will work with hand torn right through to fine grind in my experience. I grind all of my herb with a New Vape fine grinder and it works just fine but so does medium grind from a Santa Cruz Shredder or hand torn (or just small chunks of nugs).

I don't really run it at half bowls as the most I can get in it is .05 anyway. A full load will generally provide me with three good draws. First is a bit whispy but still generally visible with great taste. The second draw is the money shot and the third is clean up and I can generally start to get a bit of a burn popcorn taste so that's that.

I use a quad or three flame torch. Not a Bic lighter for your cigs. I heat while rotating until the click and really don't go past the click. I pull with the carb closed except I do feather the carb hole a bit to get a bit of air. You will develop a feel for this. Finally, I wait until cool down click is heard before reheating always.

That's pretty much it. I don't generally see the Vapcap as a pass around device as you really need to go through this sequence of draws to fully extract .05 g which ain't all that much to start. I do know of somebody who regularly uses their VC's for true micro dosing with very partial bowls and she gets great results.

Stay with it, the technique is not too demanding, and I believe you will find after a bit that you love this device they way most of us do.

Good luck.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@phattpiggie made some magic, could not be happier with it.
IMG_20161013_085314.jpg

IMG_20161013_085145.jpg
IMG_20161013_085139.jpg
IMG_20161013_085126.jpg

Pics from my 4 year old camera phone with a faulty light sensor don't do it justice. I came in wanting a longer round stem with a line-y grain to it but ended up falling in love with this instead.

Alexis

I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.

Take a few inches of degummed hemp fiber.
p7vVxSX.jpg

Moisten one end and wind it like you are preparing to thread a needle. Place it between your thumb and index finger and wind it round and round between your two fingers to create a flat round filter.
l70Hzpn.jpg

Stuff this into the bottom of your bowl. This filter will effectively remove any tiny particles that may otherwise get through your screen and into your lungs. It also keeps your condenser surprisingly clean and clear of debris.

The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

I have tried the hemp fiber gauze now Squiby. Mine wasnt a piece of art like yours at all, Im not too skilled with my hands. But it formed together after being in there for a while. I am still using a coarse grind, so I can use my new satnta cruz 2 piece shredder mainly.

So I like it to be easy being to tip out the load for disposal, or further crumbling (which I find does help me to finish the load quicker and more evenly, this has been my experience with every vaporizer, always grinding down further as it dries out, to manintain the hit size with more surface area).

The hemp fiber gauze was making harder work of this process with bits getting hooked in it. This isnt a problem with whole nugs Im sure. And it does slightly reduce the bowl size as well.
So I have now put a bit of hemp fiber the other side of the screen, underneath it. It seems to be functioning the same so I hope this will be as effective this way as on top of the screen. Thouh that would actually keep the screen clean longer wouldnt it?!

Im experimenting with lighter placement and draw technique, airflow etc. The big issue I have is actually using the lighter without messing my hands up. I am using the quad, there is no way I can use the triple, I have one of the single jet flame ones @OF reccomends coming from Deal Extreme. I will see if it is easier for me to use so I can make the experience of using the vapcap easier, then I can think more freely about how to use it.

I love the buzz, it really enhances colour as well. I notice a lot of red.
I think I am getting the best balance between high temp and aggravation, and not getting enough of a hit, by heating in the middle of the cap with the quad torch just inside the edge of the outer flame. The hits are good this way and not too aggravating. When they are, my sinuses sting as I exhale. If this doesnt happen then I am more in the true vaporizing range.

But I cant microdose regularly like you do Squiby, and I need to push the limits a bit to het the best and fastest effect to last for a while.
The quad torch is also harder for pinpointing specific cap areas.
No need to respond to anything here Squiby, just sharing, big thanks!

Anyway, what I actually came here to suggest to you @Alexis concerns your allergies. I don't have any experience with allergies per se, and especially the type that you have- they sound horrendous. However when reading your above post, it reminded me of a recent post in the medical thread, where a user has been vaping nettles to combat their hayfever. It could be something to consider- apparently nettles contain a natural antihistamine (can't remember the name of the compound right now), and the user has been achieving remarkable results. And on the plus side, obtaining pesticide free nettles should be easy, they grow everywhere.

I should point out here too that the Vapcaps (and omni in particular) work great with other herbs such as camomile, hops, lavender, mint etc- I've been having lots of fun playing around with different mixes. I don't really like vaping them by themselves mind, but when mixed in with our favourite herb, they really help to modify the effects, and can make for a really tasty change. So I would recommend Alexis to try adding a small bit of nettles to your bowls along with your outdoor bud- it could be worth a shot. You may find that nettles by themselves may give you some relief too.

Here's the link to the thread regarding nettles/allergies:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaping-nettles-for-hayfever-relief.9887/

Peace

Thanks again to another caring soul genuinely attempting to help, I really appreciate it.
Yes you could say "horrendous", I tend to use the word "tough" now, which actually is quite a broad and deep term with power. But it sure is tough and it must make me tougher in the process. I am working committed towards a resolution to the impossible so far by resolvimg all bodily infections and restoring biological equlibrium and can never give up.

But if (or when I hope) I get there and life can be lived normally without being dominated 100% by reavtions and symptoms, boy will it be the greatest pleasure to be free. I must keep my focus there!

Thanks for the nettle suggestion. I drink nettle tea. I dont really like it, but thee are only 3 drinks I can tolerate out of EVERYTHING I have tried to date, and that is: plain water, nettle tea, and chamomile tea.
There is no other type of herbal tea or other drink I know of I dont react badly to. I can make tea from spices, loke turmeric etc, which I love and are a key tool in health maintenance for me) but that doesnt really count as drink options.

I dont like nettle that much, and chamomile makes you sleep so only at bedtime. But I can drink nettle. And I will certainly look out for some to try vaporizing.

I am getting excellent relief now vy vaporizing essential oils with the herborizer bowl and injector. I am dropping the peppermint and eucalyptus oil onto hemp fiber, in the bowl, and using the vaporizer as normal, except 2 heat settings lower, number 5.

It actually worlks really well. You can see the vapor from the drops of essential oil. It keeps coming and then is gone, so the oils are all used up and inhaled quite quickly like this.

When doing steam inhalation, the peppermint really hurts as it goes in, which is what I want. It is "no pain, no gain".
The more it hurts, the bigger the difference there is in terms of relief. If it doesnt hurt, it is eitjer because my chest is actually pretty good (never really though), or it isnt working.

When my chest is really bad the oils cant even get into the lungs, so it takes longer for the pain to come, and to go. Ideally I want intense pain from the off, then Im over the hill and downhill from there with immediate relief. After I have done the first round of peppermint oil and the pain has subsided, I add more peppermint and go again. There can be another round of pain to go through, as the fresh oil has a direct path into the lungs. Then I begin sinus inhalation, which is impossible in the beginning until the sinuses start to drain a bit.

You are talking some real minty power inhaling this peppermint steam into the nose! Not for faint hearted!

Anyway, this is the only way I can live with these mucus symptoms. So thats why Im so eager to find alternatives.

Vaping the essential oils with the herborizer is actually very effective. It isnt as effective as a steam, nothing will be. But it is much better than what I used to do, inhaling the oils from my palms. There is no setup and clear up time, just switch herbo on and drop oils.

And you get the whole dose of oil without losing any, no technique required. It really hurts (good sign) and a ton of mucus is cleared.

I will be thrilled about having this new option in the near future. Im a bit too tired and stoned and foggy currently to feel thrilled, but I am deep down.

Thanks for everybody's help and for caring, and huge respect!

Squiby

Beauuutifulll!!!

I love that square tapered stem. One day very soon, I will receive a Blackwood version and a Barley Twist from Phattpiggie in my mailbox. Beautiful work!

I LOVE that the Postal Service delivers these treasures from across the pond to Canada. And that Dynavap products so easily makes their way here from the States.

The Internet has made all this possible. How did we ever cope in the 80s??? I guess it was mail order from comic books covers (remember Sea Monkeys?) and Sears Robuck catalogues.

This is so much more fun!!

@StormyPinkness , have you tried it out yet? Will you tell how it performs?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Beauuutifulll!!!

I love that square tapered stem. One day very soon, I will receive a Blackwood version and a Barley Twist from Phattpiggie in my mailbox. Beautiful work!

I LOVE that the Postal Service delivers these treasures from across the pond to Canada. And that Dynavap products so easily makes their way here from the States.

The Internet has made all this possible. How did we ever cope in the 80s??? I guess it was mail order from comic books covers (remember Sea Monkeys?) and Sears Robuck catalogues.

@StormyPinkness , have you tried it out yet? Will you tell how it performs?
Absolutely no complaints with the performance, ti tip works perfectly in it. The wood is crazy smooth, it makes spinning it while I heat it super easy. Especially since the stem is a bit longer and the bottom in your palm is round while the part you hold is squared. I only used it twice last night before it knocked me out, so I haven't had a chance to see how it reacts to a lot of use. I'm not too worried about that, so far the only thing I'm watching out for is slobbering too much and discoloring the end or something. It's also easy to get hypnotized by it and start playing with it like a weirdo and forget the end is super flipping hot. I really enjoy the extra length on the stem and really just love it overall.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I'm keen to know how you get on as well @StormyPinkness, I need to get some of those black o rings so I can make sure it's all good.

Tomorrow Squiby all being well you will get a tracking number and you will have yours in 8 or 9 days, not that the tracking number helps at all. They just serve to wind me up.

Yes it is, and for me it's also a full on mindrace, I don't think I've ever been so eager to take random thoughts or Googled imagery and attempt to translate them into tactile objects. Tactile objects with a purpose. Tactile objects with a purpose for using MJ.
My heads never buzzed so much.

Edit. That's great news Stormy and has put a big smile on my face. You get sucked into it. We didn't have much sunshine here when I made it so I can only imagine how it looks with you. Never mind when I made it we never really get much sunshine at all.

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Does anyone have any tips about how to get even extraction with a Ti VC? I notice when I push things, the material at the very end of the bowl (where it meets the top of the cap) can get a little charred while the rest of the material is still green. It can be a pain to have to dump the bowl and separate out the dark material from the light before re-packing it.

What seems to help is not packing the bowl full, so there's no material touching the end of the cap. Or heating more towards the digger-outer end of the cap rather than the last 1/3 of the cap. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced some uneven extraction and what they did about it.

To be fair, this is only something I'm experiencing infrequently, when really pushing the heat.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Does anyone have any tips about how to get even extraction with a Ti VC? I notice when I push things, the material at the very end of the bowl (where it meets the top of the cap) can get a little charred while the rest of the material is still green. It can be a pain to have to dump the bowl and separate out the dark material from the light before re-packing it.

What seems to help is not packing the bowl full, so there's no material touching the end of the cap. Or heating more towards the digger-outer end of the cap rather than the last 1/3 of the cap. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced some uneven extraction and what they did about it.

To be fair, this is only something I'm experiencing infrequently, when really pushing the heat.

Only time I'll get charred and green together would be when I'm trying my luck with an uncured nug.

Well cured cannabis produces an even vapcap extraction for me....

This applies to most vapes...

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Only time I'll get charred and green together would be when I'm trying my luck with an uncured nug.

Well cured cannabis produces an even vapcap extraction for me....

This applies to most vapes...

This definitely isn't a curing problem. I can reproduce it with over a dozen quality strains, and only on a Ti. The OG doesn't do this with the same material. I just can't figure why heat would be concentrated on the end so much?

Top Bottom