TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
The Ti VonG S is now listed on the Dynavap's website, same stuff as the Ti Woody S but with a Vong 14mm midsection, for 100$.

The Ti Vong S is the big brother of the Ti Woody S, with a 14mm taper built into the midsection. Available in Blackwood, Cocobolo, Burl, and Black & White Ebony. The Ti Vong S features all the same components as a Ti Woody S, but has a VonG midsection instead of the straight midsection.
Includes

10-Ti-Vong-S-14mm-Cocobolo-P1330384.jpg

www.dynavap.com/product/ti-vong-s/

Although, did you notice that the website is faster than before, and that the Vapcap and their counterparts are now "VapCap aromatherapy devices"?
Preparing the future! :borg:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
After an evening of completely unscientific testing I think I'm starting to get the hang of this vape :p
Hao4HwB.jpg

I've found a coarse grind works better than a fine grind.
I've combusted once seeing how far I can heat beyond the click (which necessitated a quick cleaning with some kitchen towel and a few drops of ISO).
After initially getting fairly weak clouds, I've closed off the airflow and I'm now managing to finish bowls in 2 heat cycles.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Man, this thread moves so fast i have pretty much accepted that i may never catch up (i am only 5 pages behind again, but pause for a day....) so i will go ahead and post this tip and hope no one else has posted it in the last few pages. If so, Apologies.

So, i have discovered that mflb silicon tubing is the perfect size for the vapcap. It fits over the condenser and inside the wooden body, thus you can add tubing for extra length or to attach to a water pipe like so.

If you lose any gaskets you can cut a bit of silicone off as a replacement. As you can see, almost exactly the same size.

Or just a different colour for more variety (did anyone say modular?), here is a picture of one installed in my blackwood ti.

Squiby

Well, @invertedisdead if you're anything like us, you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE the Vapcap. It's not empty hype that you are reading..... it really is the an incredible vape.

Once you fall in love with the simplicity, genius engineering, flawless performance, unobtrusive size, and too few parts to ever fail, its unparalleled beauty hits you. That's when the VAS (Vapcap Aquisition Syndrome) kicks in and all the modular possibilities comes flooding to the forefront. It doesn't matter which one you pick because soon enough you will come back to check out a new body or stem, straight or GonG, a new condenser or mouthpiece, a shorter or longer look.

The Vapcap is LEGO for stoners.

Out chilling with my Ti Copper Stoned XLS

gzoCyiH.jpg

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
While I await a Leopard Wood Dynastash ER, this is my EDC. This rocks! I have everything I need in a hard glasses case.
* VapCap in protective storage tube
* Trusty triple torch
* Contact Lens case containing 2 different strains. A pre-ground Indica and pre-ground Sativa

Fits in a belt pouch (fannie pack), perfect for hiking, with room to spare and all contents protected from bumps and falls. Even fits in a top, jacket, or back pocket.

i71d19i.jpg

6RxMldN.jpg

CanadianBakin

I've had a Volcano for years, and still love it, but I've also been using my OmniVap every day.

I started looking for a portable vape in the spring. I wanted something to take camping, or whatever. I looked at the battery-powered choices, but decided that a week's worth of batteries would quickly add up to a lot of extra weight.

I found out about the VapCap by DynaVap and it sounded like what I was looking for. I knew I'd end up breaking the glass one, so had pretty much talked myself into a Woody. I was reading through this thread and got to the part where the first Woodies started getting out to people. Some of them had a problem with the wood cracking (since resolved), but that was all it took to nudge me over to the Omni. In for a penny, in for a pound. An electric one would end up costing that much or more anyway, with a bunch of batteries, and I'd have to worry about keeping it dry.

I pre-ordered in mid-April and got it in late June. I did a few dry runs, as recommended, then loaded it up with some herb. First click and I got mostly flavour, no clouds. Second cycle and... Fuck! Combustion! On my first load! I got excited and forgot to wait for the cool-down click before heating. Loaded it up again and combusted on the 2nd cycle again because I forgot the cool-down click again. Obviously too high for this, I cleaned it and set it aside for a while.

When I got back to it again, I had much better luck and was able to pay attention and wait for the cool-down click. Once I had a routine that worked, I started exploring the possibilities. With the quad lighter, I found I was alternating between "am I getting anything?" and "Fuck! Combustion!". I have some 3-jet Hong Jing lighters I picked up on ebay, and prefer them to the quad. I've also tried some 2-jet lighters and they work well, but the ones I bought don't have fuel windows, so I don't use them. I've replaced the ceramic screen with a Ti one from ebay for durability and improved airflow. I've tried both ground herb vs just stuffing a bud in and both methods work well. I usually have herb already ground for the volcano, so I'll use that most of the time. Packing the chamber tightly reduces airflow, so I just pack it loosely.

For a long time, I was getting mostly flavour the first cycle, massive clouds in the second, and burnt popcorn in the third. I couldn't understand how people were getting vapour on the first hit. Whenever I heated near the digger-outer end of the cap, I'd get combustion. My current technique is to heat the digger-outer end for a bit, then move to the middle for a bit and finally to the clicker end until it clicks. On the second cycle, I spend less time at the digger-outer end and more time in the middle. Third cycle is even less digger-outer and more middle. I hold a little bit away from the blue flame and I don't go past the click. This gives me tasty clouds on the first cycle, and the second and third cycles seem smoother as well, and I haven't combusted, either.

One of the many great things about the VapCap is how well it does concentrates. A tiny bit of bud in the bottom then fill it with kief works great. I don't have any of the hemp fiber, but I've been using unbleached cotton for reclaim. I take a small wad, dip it in ISO and push it through the condensor with a bamboo skewer. Set it aside for 2-3 days for the ISO to evaporate. I get about 8-10 cycles off that and if that doesn't get you really high then nothing will. Like, really high. Really, really. High.

I already have a Volcano, so I bought the Omni strictly for use away from home or off-grid. I've gone camping with it a few times and used it out on the water and it works excellent for that - couldn't be happier. I never thought I'd be using it every day at home, but that's what's happened.

The Volcano is great, but it does take time to warm up. I find myself using the Omni for a quick load or two when I wouldn't have waited for the Volcano. I think this makes a VapCap the perfect complement to a Volcano. One time I had a race. I turned on the Volcano, put some herb in the chamber and got the bag organized etc. Then I took out my Omni and vaped a load in it while I waited for the Volcano to warm up. Still waiting, so I did another load. Then the Volcano was ready, so I did a bag. I won the race! So then I did a victory load (just kidding).

One load is a nice pick-me-up. Two loads is usually enough. Three loads is oh hell yeah, but I've found there's a risk of trying to fill it with the cap still on. If that happens, you may not need the 3rd load.

Joaon

Hi everyone :ninja:

Okay, so a few weeks after I finally bought the crafty; I discovered this thread, and the Vapcap
What a great philosophy behind this simple & pure object
Congratulations @VapCap :clap: :bowdown:

As you can guess, I pulled the trigger (once again..). VAS strikes back, hopefully for the last time :myday:
Now waiting for a beautiful Ti VonG S 14mm Burl & a Dynastash Wenge :luv:

Does someone has managed to separate ABV from herb in the Dynastash?
Is there a way to have three holes in it, instead of one for the garage, and a large one for stash @VapCap ?

Actually minding to return & refund the Crafty, and take that money to convert my standard Herborizer to an XL adjustable temp.. :shrug:

Vapcap seems so much to be the ultimate Take-Out vap, am I wrong?

Well ..

Have a good day! :peace:

Aannnd ...

Ninja !

:ninja:

Last edited:

jimfish4130

I don't have any of the hemp fiber, but I've been using unbleached cotton for reclaim. I take a small wad, dip it in ISO and push it through the condensor with a bamboo skewer. Set it aside for 2-3 days for the ISO to evaporate. I get about 8-10 cycles off that and if that doesn't get you really high then nothing will. Like, really high. Really, really. High.

I don't know if the cotton would break apart easily but you can push hemp fibre through the condenser without iso so you don't have to wait. I'm trying to let my omni gunk up as much as possible, starting at full restriction and backing off when I can't pull anymore

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Alexis

Hi everyone :ninja:

Okay, so a few weeks after I finally bought the crafty; I discovered this thread, and the Vapcap
What a great philosophy behind this simple & pure object
Congratulations @VapCap :clap: :bowdown:

As you can guess, I pulled the trigger (once again..). VAS strikes back, hopefully for the last time :myday:
Now waiting for a beautiful Ti VonG S 14mm Burl & a Dynastash Wenge :luv:

Is there a way to have three holes in it, instead of one for the garage, and a large one for stash @VapCap ?

Actually minding to return & refund the Crafty, and take that money to convert my standard Herborizer to an XL adjustable temp.. :shrug:

Well ..

Have a good day! :peace:

Aannnd ...

Ninja !

:ninja:
I also have a herborizer, it is the xl one.
I am still getting used to the omnivap and liking it more and more. It is much harder work than the herborizer in a way, the herborizer is a bit too easy really. Just, inhale, whenever, however!

But however the vapcap fits into ones routine, I think many will still appreciate having a more effortless heavy hitting device as an option. I see clearly now that vaporizing is so much better if you have more options for chop and change.

As I am liking the vapcap more, I am actually not wanting to use my herborizer. I prefer the vapor from the vapcap. And I think the buzz also, although I am currently trying to draw the line between avoiding too high temps and sensitive lung irritation, and not quite getting the approriate effect and with it taking many heat cycles with smaller hits.

But despite a number of challenges for me personally using the vapcaps, I see the vapor as much nicer than the herborizer, cleaner in a way. Not the tastiest vapor from the vapcap, but never exactly unpleasant either.

Anyway, as you say you are considering returning the crafty to upgrade your injector to xl:

If I didnt have a herborizer already, and wanted an additional fast and heavy hitter to complement the vapcap, then I would be much more excited about the sticky bricks line up.
It looks like they hit teally easily and well, and have options for water as well.

Not trying to sell the brick in this thread, but I think I would enjoy it so much more than my herborizer, as a compliment to the omnivap.

Last edited:

Squiby

Yes, there are options for the Dynavap Stash. The original Dynastash has one herb compartment.

The DynastashER includes a concentrate container and the herb compartment.

DynaStash ER

The DynastashER2 has 2 concentrate containers and a herb compartment.

IMG_20160602_164639626_zpslfa1g5rl.jpg

I have a DynastashER and plan on getting a DynastadhER2 so I can keep 2 strains in the concentrate containers and use the herb compartment for ABV.

Contact George/Matt through their contact page on their website to discuss either switching to one of the above models, or the longer XL stashes or to request a custom stash.

http://www.dynavap.com/contact/

d3fkszi.jpg

MJQZ3HV.jpg

It is not only the ultimate Take-Out vap, it is the the ultimate vap. Full stop.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
@Squiby those pics are beautiful, and really helpful to visualize what the various configurations look like. Is the last one the "double garage" version?

nickdanger,
Reactions: DDave

Squiby

@Squiby those pics are beautiful, and really helpful to visualize what the various configurations look like. Is the last one the "double garage" version?
Yes. The last pic is of a custom made Bocote Dynastash XL with 2 magnets and 2 garages for 2 Ti Woody XLS Vapcaps plus tool and compartment. No herb compartment. This custom piece was made for @vapen00b.

Alexis

Latest abv:

I was actually holding the cap closer to the inner flame after the first few cycles. The second cycle produced strong vapor, but I felt some irritation. I am trying to avoid that, while achieving the largest and most full spectrum hits I can.
Purely because of my sensitivities though. I want maximum medication, with minimal irritation.
When the load comes out really dark brown, it is too irritating to my lungs. I havent done any controlled experiementing wih lihter distance yet. But I put it much more in the flame, but kept to the tip/middle, and the abv came out like this and the effect is really good.

With these devices, there is so much more potential than usual, for your experience and effects to vary wildly depending exactly on how you use them.

The buzz from every vaporizer is different, and the vapcap has its own high range of variablity. And I think it has to do with more than just temperature difference, which many otner vapes offer. Like the area heated as well, and the various processes involved here.

This aspect I guess may be true for butane vapes in general.

So I am really liking the vapcap, but it is really bothering my chest though. I know I am supposed to have this vaporizer, so Im just exploring all possibilities for variation etc.
It can take me a good while to figure out exactly how something new is affecting me, so I can see what I can change etc.

Morty

@Alexis The Vapcap fucks up my chest as well when extracting to a very dark brown. It's one of the reasons I prefer to use it through water. Much smoother this way for me. I agree there are so many variables using it from where your heating the cap to what distance the flame is from the cap to what material your using & how it's being broken up (if at all).

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Alexis my friend @Ruta dropped in earlier this week and it was a first chance for me to have a proper go on the Blackwood square I made and gave him to test for me, it was my first vape of the day and probably first VC in a couple of days.

I ran a 'normal', for me, bowl. Heat applied to the whole cap in my modded triple and it was 'mental'.
The carb is a custom size and the vapor was thick as and just kept coming thru the 3 heat cycles I ran, I sat dumbfounded and was sure I had combust.
I tipped the spent load out and it was 'coffee' brown. It sat me down for a while.
The next bowl was more sedate, 5 or 6 six heat cycles with the majority of the heat on the cap end. Nice flavor and lite vapor production and a lot less 'stoney' than the previous.

Keep 'exploring' and you will find the technique that's rite for you.

Squiby

So I am really liking the vapcap, but it is really bothering my chest though.

I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.

Take a few inches of degummed hemp fiber.
p7vVxSX.jpg

Moisten one end and wind it like you are preparing to thread a needle. Place it between your thumb and index finger and wind it round and round between your two fingers to create a flat round filter.
l70Hzpn.jpg

Stuff this into the bottom of your bowl. This filter will effectively remove any tiny particles that may otherwise get through your screen and into your lungs. It also keeps your condenser surprisingly clean and clear of debris.

The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

This technique, for me, gets me where I want to be with no lung irritation. It is the smoothest, coolest vapor I have ever experienced in a vape. Because of this and all the other inherent characteristics of this ingenious device, my VAS is now only focused on Dynavap parts and accessories.

I have zero desire to try out any other vape. The Vapcap checks all my boxes and then some.

If you experience lung irritation, try this technique.
bofc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexis

I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.

Take a few inches of degummed hemp fiber.
p7vVxSX.jpg

Moisten one end and wind it like you are preparing to thread a needle. Place it between your thumb and index finger and wind it round and round between your two fingers to create a flat round filter.
l70Hzpn.jpg

Stuff this into the bottom of your bowl. This filter will effectively remove any tiny particles that may otherwise get through your screen and into your lungs. It also keeps your condenser surprisingly clean and clear of debris.

The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

This technique, for me, gets me where I want to be with no lung irritation. It is the smoothest, coolest vapor I have ever experienced in a vape. Because of this and all the other inherent characteristics of this ingenious device, my VAS is now only focused on Dynavap parts and accessories.

I have zero desire to try out any other vape. The Vapcap checks all my boxes and then some.

If you experience lung irritation, try this technique.
Thank you so much Squiby for some really helpful and appropriate advice. I do have some hemp fiber I will defifnitely try that.
What I keep thinking is how much reclaim builds up so quickly with vapcaps. I havent witnessed this with any of my other vaporizers. I cant help but think that this aspect of the vapor is the problem.

If the hemp fiber filters this substance and is evidenced by the condenser tube staying cleaner for lomger, then its a great idea.

Using the vapcap is so enjoyable though, not so much the routine for me, but the effects, that I have been stretching out my usage and not so on top of managing symptoms, trying to catch up later which is much harder. So this is a point as well as the actual vapor.

Thanks for great tips Squiby, I cant wait to "roll one"!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've had a Volcano for years, and still love it, but I've also been using my OmniVap every day.

I started looking for a portable vape in the spring. I wanted something to take camping, or whatever. I looked at the battery-powered choices, but decided that a week's worth of batteries would quickly add up to a lot of extra weight.

I found out about the VapCap by DynaVap and it sounded like what I was looking for. I knew I'd end up breaking the glass one, so had pretty much talked myself into a Woody. I was reading through this thread and got to the part where the first Woodies started getting out to people. Some of them had a problem with the wood cracking (since resolved), but that was all it took to nudge me over to the Omni. In for a penny, in for a pound. An electric one would end up costing that much or more anyway, with a bunch of batteries, and I'd have to worry about keeping it dry.

I pre-ordered in mid-April and got it in late June. I did a few dry runs, as recommended, then loaded it up with some herb. First click and I got mostly flavour, no clouds. Second cycle and... Fuck! Combustion! On my first load! I got excited and forgot to wait for the cool-down click before heating. Loaded it up again and combusted on the 2nd cycle again because I forgot the cool-down click again. Obviously too high for this, I cleaned it and set it aside for a while.

When I got back to it again, I had much better luck and was able to pay attention and wait for the cool-down click. Once I had a routine that worked, I started exploring the possibilities. With the quad lighter, I found I was alternating between "am I getting anything?" and "Fuck! Combustion!". I have some 3-jet Hong Jing lighters I picked up on ebay, and prefer them to the quad. I've also tried some 2-jet lighters and they work well, but the ones I bought don't have fuel windows, so I don't use them. I've replaced the ceramic screen with a Ti one from ebay for durability and improved airflow. I've tried both ground herb vs just stuffing a bud in and both methods work well. I usually have herb already ground for the volcano, so I'll use that most of the time. Packing the chamber tightly reduces airflow, so I just pack it loosely.

For a long time, I was getting mostly flavour the first cycle, massive clouds in the second, and burnt popcorn in the third. I couldn't understand how people were getting vapour on the first hit. Whenever I heated near the digger-outer end of the cap, I'd get combustion. My current technique is to heat the digger-outer end for a bit, then move to the middle for a bit and finally to the clicker end until it clicks. On the second cycle, I spend less time at the digger-outer end and more time in the middle. Third cycle is even less digger-outer and more middle. I hold a little bit away from the blue flame and I don't go past the click. This gives me tasty clouds on the first cycle, and the second and third cycles seem smoother as well, and I haven't combusted, either.

One of the many great things about the VapCap is how well it does concentrates. A tiny bit of bud in the bottom then fill it with kief works great. I don't have any of the hemp fiber, but I've been using unbleached cotton for reclaim. I take a small wad, dip it in ISO and push it through the condensor with a bamboo skewer. Set it aside for 2-3 days for the ISO to evaporate. I get about 8-10 cycles off that and if that doesn't get you really high then nothing will. Like, really high. Really, really. High.

I already have a Volcano, so I bought the Omni strictly for use away from home or off-grid. I've gone camping with it a few times and used it out on the water and it works excellent for that - couldn't be happier. I never thought I'd be using it every day at home, but that's what's happened.

The Volcano is great, but it does take time to warm up. I find myself using the Omni for a quick load or two when I wouldn't have waited for the Volcano. I think this makes a VapCap the perfect complement to a Volcano. One time I had a race. I turned on the Volcano, put some herb in the chamber and got the bag organized etc. Then I took out my Omni and vaped a load in it while I waited for the Volcano to warm up. Still waiting, so I did another load. Then the Volcano was ready, so I did a bag. I won the race! So then I did a victory load (just kidding).

One load is a nice pick-me-up. Two loads is usually enough. Three loads is oh hell yeah, but I've found there's a risk of trying to fill it with the cap still on. If that happens, you may not need the 3rd load.

Love your detailed reply, can you compare the usage and efficiency? For example, from what I gather the bowl is rather small on the Vapcap; would 1 or 2 of those size loads even be enough fill a bag? Are you usually content with one bag?

The Volcano is not the most scant and resourceful vaporizer, which is why the VapCap intrigues me. The Volcano doesn't do concentrates well, so it sounds like the VapCap is worth it just for that. To be completely honest, I'm sort of interested in cutting back, in the best way possible.

Squiby

What I keep thinking is how much reclaim builds up so quickly with vapcaps. I havent witnessed this with any of my other vaporizers. I cant help but think that this aspect of the vapor is the problem.
If the hemp fiber filters this substance and is evidenced by the condenser tube staying cleaner for lomger, then its a great idea.

I haven't experienced excessive build up at all, even before I started using a hemp filter. I found my buildup to be quite a bit less than that produced by both my Vapman and Lotus. I wonder what is causing the difference between your excessive buildup and my minimal buildup?

I tend to heat my cap less than what I've seen others describe. My ABV is uniformly a light to medium toast color; lighter than the pics you've posted. I also microdose every few hours throughout the day and evening. So, tiny nugs are vaped rather than full bowls. I guess another variance would be the characteristics of the strain we are vaping?

Anyone have some theories or insight to offer?

Top Bottom