HD Springer

I think it's cause it's taking longer for the material to get up to temp. Further down the load. Try heating the first 2 heat ups around the digger for the first half of the heat up. This has helped myself cook the whole load evenly. I don't hardly ever put the flame on the tip of the cap. Almost all my time is spent heating the digger then I bring the flame closer to the cap. Hope it helps a little.

Alexis

This definitely isn't a curing problem. I can reproduce it with over a dozen quality strains, and only on a Ti. The OG doesn't do this with the same material. I just can't figure why heat would be concentrated on the end so much?
Hi, I agree with @HD Springer. This issue is less likely to occur if you dont focus your heat too much on the tip. I am a super new vapcapper still learning the ropes.

I have actually been avoiding heating the tip altogether. I find it just brings on the click very early, before the load has reached a good temperature. So it will just be a slower extraction that way as well.

In contrast, as many report, focussing heating on the digger outer end is the way to get fadt extraction, thick vapor and very consistent results. The load is spent/extracted faster. I would like to use the vaporizer this way, but it is more aggravating to my sensitive lungs.

So I have been aiming the quad torch at the middle of the cap mostly, and just playing around with lighter distance. The quad torch flame is big though, so it heats a large section of the cap.
I get the material very dark brown at times, bit it is never green and brown, always even.

I am cautiously testing the diggerouter area now, but I stay away from the tip. To me it defeats the purpose of what Im trying to do by slowing the whole thing down.
I want to get medicated and have little physical energy, so large inhalations on demand suit me well.

The vapcap is something totally different I am trying. But I want quite fast extraction for a powerful effect.
Tonight I tried unground buds for the first time. I put a little bud, well under 0.1, into the Ti tip whole. I put some think different which had an organic fert I am allergic to, not too bad the allergy.
I heated at the diggerouter end first and focused on middle, never went towards the tip (I think Im sacred of it!), I had the carb restricted and tried @Squiby 's advice, to "mouth pull".

I think this is like stoking up a fire, sort of succking on it gently at first. The vapor was flowing thick right away first toke, but it still tasted very good and smooth. I always lose track, but the following cycles (all with one long slow draw) gave easy smooth, tasty and dense clouds.

It was probably the best I have got it to work yet. It seems smoother for sure. I followed it up with a white widow bud, which Im not so allergic to, and it was really good again.
When I tipped the loads out the whole bud was a perfect even brown right through.

Edit- here is a vaped white widow nug, a little browner than ideal but not charred at all. A very small bud gave great clouds, smooth and cool and tasty. More than I would expect grinding up more, I may be wrong.

Last edited:

natural farmer

This definitely isn't a curing problem. I can reproduce it with over a dozen quality strains, and only on a Ti. The OG doesn't do this with the same material. I just can't figure why heat would be concentrated on the end so much?

I get my most even heating (and very fast, 6-8 secs) with a single flame vapman torch at a 45 degree angle with the outer flame touching the cap at the middle or a little lower towards the digger outer and a direction of the flame from the digger to the tip. This way the flame hugs most of the length of the cap. And all these while spinning the VC slowly. I never had much luck with the triple torch, at least not as good of a luck as with the single. Triple always gave me bad results...

natural farmer

+1 with HD Springer, heating lower on the cap is the key to monstrous hits and even ABV.

Don't bother to heat after the click, just heat the cap lower to let the bowl soak more heat before reaching the tip's click temp :)
Lately i used to overheat rather than heating low and it worked even better I would say. You just need to get the hung of it.

@Alexis Mouthpulls FTW man!!! Thick, potent and smooth hits from the start!!!

Alexis

@Alexis Mouthpulls FTW man!!! Thick, potent and smooth hits from the start!!!

Well I just tried it out. Only at the very start with air restricted. I think it may get the temp of the herb up a bit before you inhale properly. I prefer longer hits and when the vapor seems to have reached its peak thickness, I open the air up more and continue inhaling for ages, feathering it a bit. It works real good right now, the hits with the unground bud are great.
Maybe the mouthpull idea (probably a misleading term) isnt necessary but something I am doing differently is producing much better results.

Whatever it is, I just need to figure it out, and keep doing it!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Sorry to barge in the convo. Power went out ... glad I have the zombie apocalypse vape.

What screen are you using @syrupy?

I replaced the stock screen with a 8mm titanium one, but I'm hoping to grab a few CCD ones soon.

Edit: By trying the heating technique by @HD Springer , and switching to a single torch as @natural farmer suggested, I'm getting better results. Funny because earlier in the thread I was touting the single torch over the triple torch, but changed that up around the time the problem started. My triple torch has the flame in a triangle pattern, which I would guess heats less evenly than one that has the three flames inline. But I agree that there's better control with a single flame.

Just got a new strain Sour Apple Haze to do some in-depth testing. :)

Last edited:

VaporChase

d3fkszi.jpg

My goodness, if you ever want to get rid of the one on the right...haha wow. If/When I get more stuff, I'm going to take my time talking to Matt and make sure I get exactly what I'm looking for. Amazing pieces.

@phattpiggie made some magic, could not be happier with it.
IMG_20161013_085314.jpg

IMG_20161013_085145.jpg
IMG_20161013_085139.jpg
IMG_20161013_085126.jpg

Stunning. Looks really enjoyable.

Bad Ocelot

Man this thread moves fast!

How long does it take you other single torchers to get to the click? Takes me 12-15 seconds cold, less obviously for 2nd & 3rd cycles. Thought that seemed a bit long. I waver the torch in the middle of the cap while I twist, thinking this may have something to do with it. And I am going for slightly higher temps as I use my vc for hash almost exclusively.

Saw the video update from George today, stoked to pick up some of the new caps! I also like that something about his demeanor reminds me of Ron Swanson, ha. I mean that in the best possible way!

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

Busy week at Dynavap. Many changes in process. We're getting to know our LASER a bit better.
Check out the new cap.

IMG_20161013_094122173_zps1i8ig2qi.jpg

Finished the roof project,

And then there is this. A new suggestion for a logo. We weren't even looking for a new one or to change it.
And there it was.

IMG_20161014_221917757_zpszs9wzvcl_edit_1476502133005_zps6jqvzdjr.jpg

And the cap.

IMG_20161014_221855173_zpsueyiop3g_edit_1476502161110_zps1ny8i87i.jpg

Please analyze and share your thoughts.

Thank you,

George

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
The caps looks good. "Made in USA" is awesome, not many products can claim that anymore unfortunately. I'm not sold on the new logo design, its not clear enough imo. Unless its some kind of acronym. If I didn't know what dynavap was and looked at that, I wouldn't be able to spell it correctly. Not sure if what I said makes sense

jimfish4130

Greetings,

Busy week at Dynavap. Many changes in process. We're getting to know our LASER a bit better.
Check out the new cap.

IMG_20161013_094122173_zps1i8ig2qi.jpg

Finished the roof project,

And then there is this. A new suggestion for a logo. We weren't even looking for a new one or to change it.
And there it was.

IMG_20161014_221917757_zpszs9wzvcl_edit_1476502133005_zps6jqvzdjr.jpg

And the cap.

IMG_20161014_221855173_zpsueyiop3g_edit_1476502161110_zps1ny8i87i.jpg

Please analyze and share your thoughts.

Thank you,

George

That new cap looks great!

I think I prefer the current logo, easier on the eyes and I think the new one might clash with the soft edges, especially on the dynastashes

@VapCap you said a little ejuice can be used to lubricate o rings, could I use coconut oil? It's a bit difficult adjusting airflow with the Ti body on

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@VapCap
I prefer the old logo overall. I think it fits better with the brand. The new one is a bit too modern.

From a design standpoint I love the new logo. I would totally buy a shirt that had that on it. I just prefer the old logo for the VapCaps and Dynastashes, it fits better.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nice job! :tup:

I prefer the other one though, I like how some letters are hidden. Negative space can be a very powerful part of a design.

One of my favorite logos has a wonderful use of negative space and a hidden symbol. I never noticed it for years, until a friend pointed it out. Now I can't not see it.

I prefer the other one too, I'm just stoned.

But really, I think it's great, and so discreet. I don't like my vapes to say vapes, and it's super clean.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well I like the new logo @VapCap.

People don't like change, and people don't know what they like either.... it happens In marketing all the time... with new cars alot...

Im sure given 6 months the logo will grow on people....

kellya86,
Reactions: Squiby

PeteSeattle

The cap looks slick @VapCap and so is the logo ... although I agree about the negative verses positive space in the logo but just a slight tweak may help. If I notice there is a cap with a med logo and another with vape. I thinks that's pretty cool for customers to choose if possible. I'm thinking the digger is wider for heat retention if so it would be cool to see an example vs the current cap. Otherwise, looks great and congrats on the laser.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
The cap is really impressive, nicely engraved and the logo add a little touch! Their owners will be so lucky!
I see that your new photon tool is doing well! I'm sure you had already done dozen of tests :p
But what do you think of a double hexahelis cap? Spinning it would be mesmerizing :whoa:

As for the new logo, I like it if we stand to the design too, but I don't feel the Dynavap's Mojo in this one.
It feels too polished, too modern to intricate the beauty of the wood, the simplicity of the vapcap, and the love around him.

I feel the vapcap like some mflb came from the future: "All You need is a vapcap and love"
:rockon:

Top Bottom