• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Squiby

Iv seen a couple of posts with people saying their vapcap is cracked, to whichelp piece are people referring to????
And how is it caused/prevented????

The OG Vapcap is glass and therefore fragile. If you drop it or treat it roughly, it will likely break.

There were a few early Ti Woody stems that cracked along the grain. I believe that George immediately replaced them. Since then George has added a metal crown or collar to the tip end of the stems and bodies and has a second cap listed as an option for those who either like the looks of the double cap or want the added protection. As well the oring placement was changed to reduce heat transfer from the tip to the stem.

One poster, @VAPEHUNTER, even sacrificed his woody for science.

Here is the link to his story....

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-192#post-982382

I find the draw with the carb open results in practically no vapour and with it closed its far to of a restrictive draw.

There are endless techniques to getting the best of the Vapcap. The beauty of it is that you can customize your technique to your preferences.

I'm not a cloud chased, so I don't care if I get them or not... I get high anyway.

Having said that I learned a technique from @natural farmer here on the forum. I use it and do typically get larger clouds and others have commented that they like it as well.

There are 2 elements to consider; heating the bowl and toking.

I like to heat the bowl around the bottom half of the cap (between the N and the V) for the first cycle. You can sometimes push it another second or two past the click depending on your herb. Some strains take the extra second and some don't. You will have to experiment on the timing with your weed.

For the second and third heating cycle, I move the flame to the top half of the cap (between the D and the N).

I do not toke this like a joint - sucking and breathing into your lungs at the same time. Rather, I cover the carb hole and mouth pull the vapour, like smoking a cigarette and then either open the carb and breath the vapour in or open your mouth and breath in fresh air with your vapour.

That's it. The other variables are the herb and the flame; the number of flames and how high your flame is adjusted. You will have to experiment to fine tune those couple of aspects.

Good luck...practice makes perfect and you get to get high doing it!

Last edited:

Baron23

I find the draw with the carb open results in practically no vapour and with it closed its far to of a restrictive draw.

Yes, but there are states in between these two extremes....like feathering the carb hole or closing it but with a very light pressure so some air is drawn in through the carb.

This is an analog device....need to leave that binary thinking behind :brow:

sixstringsmash

Hey guys I figured I'd ask the community here a question since I know George has been really backed up with orders lately. I'm thinking of shooting him an email to check on the status of my order but I don't want to appear rude since I know he's backed up and all. I made an order for a burly on June 10th and then made an addition to the order on June 17th to add a matching dynastash to the order. It's been about a month and a half since I made the initial order and I'm wondering if this is a normal wait time or if I should shoot George an email?

StormG94

Forever a student
I think on average people are waiting two months or so. I waited about three months for my order from putting it in the system, to it arriving at my door, and like you, had a TiWoody and Dynastash. However, I don't know what kind of turnaround the burlies have. I would probably go with another month, month and a half.

StormG94

Forever a student
@sixstringsmash No problem, it probably wouldn't hurt to check with George either, I did the same when I was impatient with my order. Either the man himself or, like in my case, his assistant Matt will get back with you. Despite being slammed, these guys really do provide stellar service, and I'm sure they are more than happy to alleviate any concerns :clap:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Lots of great suggestions on heating. I like the idea of heating the bottom of the cap at first and then heating the top. Of course, if you have too much in there, you'll need to give it a good stir. After the second hit, I like to tap the herb into my palm. I give it a mashing with the Ti tip against my palm and then suck it back into the bowl.

For my Vong, I like to hold down on the carb hole at first and build a nice column of milk cloud, then feather the carb to get it moving.

I have also taken to pre-heating in the beginning of the session when I remember. I heat to click with the chamber empty, then add herb and heat to click. Otherwise I need to heat several seconds beyond the click on the first go-round.

u bwade wunner

Finally worked my first TI unit.I wanted to make a unit with similar proportions to an ecig,so I would feel comfortable using it in a bar smoking area etc..This, like the glassy before it uses a standard SS condenser & screen with a much smaller air inlet to play with the internal pressure of the VC a little better and also to eliminate carbing during usage. The drip tip I'm using has been bored to accept the condenser tube.one oring is used to separate the condenser and TI body.

2lvnvwj.jpg

It uses one of Georges first prototype TI tips,but I have a newer TI tip coming soon..hopefully it comes with the new lazer cut screen.I also just ordered a Wenge xl dynastash to store her in. weeeennnnngggggeeee:D:haw:

Took me a while to transition from the glassy S to the TI tip units.After using the glassy S,The TI doesn't seem to be quite as tasty,but it's early days though and I am picking up some fresh outdoor later for testing over the weekend.Overall the TI feels more convienient and there are no worries of breakage.

I'm Currently only using the TI with the SSV as a heavy hitter to back up things.The Vapcap is very much a touchy-feely vape and I keep reaching for it.

Thanks to the many diyers and designers on here pushing this design forward and to the great ringmaster himself.I'm always amazed but never surprised how far ahead George jumps with this design every time he updates.Hoping more and more diy units using the cap start to surface.its a rewarding design to work on for little effort.

Getting much better results with a new lightweight,adjustable 3 jet Jobon torch.

A good torch makes all the difference and I found that more so with the TI tip.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Well I have to admit it. I got totally fucking blazed last night with the VC & I am feeling extremely foggy this morning. I feel sorry for those who underestimate the power of the Ti side. I know it well yet I still fell victim yet again.

3 hours later....

I had my first combustion issue in quite some time today. That meant a thorough cleaning & boy was mine filthy. Ten minutes with some cotton buds & acetone & it was spotless again. Best part is I purchased a pack of really cheap cotton buds & they are useless for cleaning your ears but fit perfectly inside the condenser. Dip both ends & push it through, repeat 4 or 5 times & a spotless condenser unit.

It was a bit surprising to see just how dirty it was under the clip & screen. Having Iso/acetone cleaned it a few times without removing the screen it was really bad at the edges. Not enough to affect performance but it was surprising nonetheless. Now it is spotless once again & being put back to work.

One cool thing I noticed is the screen had slightly deformed through heat to be a slight UFO shape. This was due to 100's of heat cycles & I very firmly pushed it in originally using a dowel. FWIW both Underdog sized dowel are perfect for the Ti. The nylon size one for pushing out the screen & the standard size one for pushing it back in :tup:.

Now to kick back & watch the mighty fighting Hawks unleash hell :clap::goon:. One cap per quarter & I am set :D

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I want to post more on my recent experience with customer support.

I got a new OmniVap recently from puffitup.com. I had taken it apart 3-4 times. At first I was just checking out how it works. Then I cleaned it twice. The second time I left it disassembled while I was at work. When I got home I couldn't get the mouthpiece in.

Upon closer inspection there was a tiny micro tear in the top o-ring of the mouthpiece/condenser section. It was barely even visible, but the area around it was raised up slightly. Just enough to make it very difficult to assemble.

I managed to get it back together, just barely, and it worked fine. However, I discovered the adjustable airflow wasn't working right. It was stuck at max restriction, which wasn't a big deal because that's how I'd been using it since I got it.

I contacted @VapCap and got a prompt response. George assured me he would send my replacement o-rings right away. He showed genuine concern which means a lot to me. He also offered some helpful advice for the meantime.

It turns out the OmniVap has semi-redundant o-rings that you can use as a spare in a pinch. I don't know if this has been discussed in the 200+ pages yet, but all of the omni o-rings are interchangeable and there are a few that aren't truly necessary to function. You can use the middle o-ring from the titanium tip or one of the mouthpiece o-rings as a spare if needed.

I was able to get the adjustable airflow working again right away, without having new o-rings. That was a great bonus!

When I disassembled my omni to swap o-rings I expected the defective o-ring to be all torn up but it surprisingly looked like it did before I previously put it back together. Just that tiny micro tear, barely noticeable. I don't know how it changed the adjustable airflow, but it did.

I still can't figure out the magic of the adjustable airflow. I've watched the video and seen the diagram, but I don't know how it "screws" in as there is no inclined plane. Pure sorcery in my opinion!

I don't care about a defective o-ring, these things happen. What's important is the response to your problems. And @VapCap responded promptly and admirably!

Between the customer service and the product itself I couldn't be more pleased with Dynavap.

Last edited:

HomeFree

I managed to drop my OG vapcap from chest height onto asphalt while I was outside loading it up. I can't believe it did not break or crack. It must have fallen just right on the mouthpiece or something.

I stretched out a quarter oz through it in the past 9 weeks and used it only. Having just a little pull during the day really helps me to concentrate. Then I finish the load off when I get home and then before bed I can do 2 or 3 more loads. It depends on how late I can stay up. :D I am really happy with it. I finally had to buy another can of butane but it lasted almost 3 months @ $4.50 a can so I can't really complain.

Jaydubya710

https://imgur.com/O66x894
So this just happened. Had the OG for only a week. Decided to clean it this morning. While reinserting the CCD (from the mouthpiece), one side caught the lip while the other was just hair below the lip. So I tapped the side that wasn't to the lip lightly with a wood dowel 3 times. On the third tap the CCD popped off the lip and flipped sideways in the chamber and this nice crack appeared. Pretty dissappointed honestly, I mean I knew it was fragile but man that took so very little force to crack it. Ohh well I guess at least I've got a spare cap for my woody. Really glad i bought a woody before an OG because this would easily turn me off of spending the extra for a woody.

jimfish4130

I managed to drop my OG vapcap from chest height onto asphalt while I was outside loading it up. I can't believe it did not break or crack. It must have fallen just right on the mouthpiece or something.

My first og body has a crack like @Jaydubya710's. I was at a stone circle on summer solstice and it fell out my mouth, glanced off the rock I was sitting on and hit the floor.

Being around a fire in the dark and on shrooms at the time, it looked and sounded like it had smashed into tiny pieces. My heart sank.

Luckily for me not only did my vapcap not smash and I could carry on using it, but on sober inspection the crack didn't seem to have got any bigger. I'm sure it did but not that I could notice

HikaruEyre

I want to post more on my recent experience with customer support.

I got a new OmniVap recently from puffitup.com. I had taken it apart 3-4 times. At first I was just checking out how it works. Then I cleaned it twice. The second time I left it disassembled while I was at work. When I got home I couldn't get the mouthpiece in.

Upon closer inspection there was a tiny micro tear in the top o-ring of the mouthpiece/condenser section. It was barely even visible, but the area around it was raised up slightly. Just enough to make it very difficult to assemble.

I managed to get it back together, just barely, and it worked fine. However, I discovered the adjustable airflow wasn't working right. It was stuck at max restriction, which wasn't a big deal because that's how I'd been using it since I got it.

I contacted @VapCap and got a prompt response. George assured me he would send my replacement o-rings right away. He showed genuine concern which means a lot to me. He also offered some helpful advice for the meantime.

It turns out the OmniVap has semi-redundant o-rings that you can use as a spare in a pinch. I don't know if this has been discussed in the 200+ pages yet, but all of the omni o-rings are interchangeable and there are a few that aren't truly necessary to function. You can use the middle o-ring from the titanium tip or one of the mouthpiece o-rings as a spare if needed.

I was able to get the adjustable airflow working again right away, without having new o-rings. That was a great bonus!

When I disassembled my omni to swap o-rings I expected the defective o-ring to be all torn up but it surprisingly looked like it did before I previously put it back together. Just that tiny micro tear, barely noticeable. I don't know how it changed the adjustable airflow, but it did.

I still can't figure out the magic of the adjustable airflow. I've watched the video and seen the diagram, but I don't know how it "screws" in as there is no inclined plane. Pure sorcery in my opinion!

I don't care about a defective o-ring, these things happen. What's important is the response to your problems. And @VapCap responded promptly and admirably!

Between the customer service and the product itself I couldn't be more pleased with Dynavap.

It helps to put some spit on the O-rings before putting it back together.

Dynalowrider

For all you new VapCappers out there. I have found that a Stasher with a magnet, or a magnet from VapCap is a handy way to use the VapCap.
I have a small mint-tin that I place the magnet on top of. I put some coins in to give it weight. the tin helps sink the heat out of the cap, and amplifies the cool-click. The ty-tip is still warm, so you are saving some heat in the tip. Reheat the cap.
After draw place it on the magnet. When it cool-clicks, repeat.
If the Omni stops adjusting, clean out the tip. The condenser should move freely in the ty-tip. Inside the tip, between the screen and the shoulder where the o-rings go, is a space that gets gunked up, it keeps the condenser from moving into place. Let's call this the screen chamber. This could be said about all the ty-tips
The condenser is 5mm o.d. It should slip into the o-ring end of the ty-tip, all the way to the screen. If done gently it can be used to push out the screen and keeper.
Everyone on here knows I belong to the "IDKS Society" (I don't know shit), so take this with a grain of salt. Do it like you want to. Have fun with it. Doc

I forgot spit on the o-rings.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It helps to put some spit on the O-rings before putting it back together.

If the Omni stops adjusting, clean out the tip. The condenser should move freely in the ty-tip. Inside the tip, between the screen and the shoulder where the o-rings go, is a space that gets gunked up, it keeps the condenser from moving into place. Let's call this the screen chamber. This could be said about all the ty-tips
The condenser is 5mm o.d. It should slip into the o-ring end of the ty-tip, all the way to the screen. If done gently it can be used to push out the screen and keeper.
Everyone on here knows I belong to the "IDKS Society" (I don't know shit), so take this with a grain of salt. Do it like you want to. Have fun with it. Doc

I forgot spit on the o-rings.
Thanks for the tips guys! I did use spit on the o-rings, but it did not help with the torn one. And my omni was sparkling clean when I was having trouble with the adjustable airflow. Once I popped on the middle o-ring from the Ti tip I was back in business right away!

I will make sure to keep an eye on that area of the tip and to keep it clean.

arrr

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@arrr you need to be getting magnets with a very strong 'pull' on them. I am sure I got some 10mm diameter 4mm thick ones with 1.9kg pull and have had to double and triple them up. It sounds a lot but the cap is not the most magnetic of things.

phattpiggie,
Reactions: lookhigh

Dynalowrider

I got one from George off the VapCap site.
The tin is a small tin mints came in. I have used Altoids tins.
The whole idea is to reset the Cap alittle faster. It doesn't affect the tip much if you reheat right away. Play with it, that's the fun part. Doc

Dynalowrider,
Top Bottom