coolbreeze

thanks. i was trying to to reply with the same, then went back and read the post i was replying to, and noticed they already had, farther down in the post. For some reason i couldn't delete my post, so i just deleted the text to not look dumber than I already look.
I wasn't sure if you were asking or answering. ; )

coolbreeze,

bosscib

my only use scenario would be to pass around like a J. Wonder how much a tip/cap will be? I could see it on a custom pipe like my m7, for sharing a bowl, but $229 for 1 more dyna stick isn't gonna happen.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

bosscib,

the_hexx

Team Hash
A local shop stocks what looks like an older version of the perforated cap:

I think that the newer ones look better, but other than do they function the same?

coolbreeze

I think that the newer ones look better, but other than do they function the same?
I wonder what they mean by 'available by back order'?

If you can actually get one I'd try it out. Maybe it's as good or maybe not quite but at least better with the Helix that a std cap, for airflow.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: the_hexx

Petetbay

Not the same as the present ones. They were more artwork than any performance difference, I have a couple and they work the same as a captive cap, if there’s any difference it’s negligible.

coolbreeze

My favorite for awhile has been a cocobolo Vong with an M tip in a small rig, but lately I've used a Helix and perforated cap. I've been using the M7XL with a wooden aftermarket stem direct a lot lately. Really digging these recent tips.

coolbreeze,

jbm

What is everyone's favorite setup?

I used to be exclusively Omnis for years, but found I much prefer the Assassin Stem from JoeKing for its increased airflow and minimal restriction.
I’ve been enjoying a a stock Vong run dry in a biao.t sake bottle. Was vaping a Jack/Remedy mix in the afternoon and then various Kushes including some Hindu Kush from Ocean Grown Trees in the evening.

Rodney

Just seen this on a new site I found with lots of cheap dynavape stems and accessories

is it any good or a gimmick?

coolbreeze

Just seen this on a new site I found with lots of cheap dynavape stems and accessories

is it any good or a gimmick?
I've only used the copper one but it definitely works! I think they work a little better even than the Armored Cap. You would probably want to dedicate a captive cap to it--it's hard to get on and off and it's better to just leave it. It's got to be a captive cap, too, because the ring forces the cap to a round shape and the indents are all that's holding it on.

I would expect the silver one to work well, too. I think he made it for people who don't want copper. In any case, the copper one really works and for the price it's a significant difference.

budski

cantre member
I use the silver Vaphit shorty on the perf cap w/1/3 of the pref exposed> works a treat for adjusting airflow especially on vented bowls like helix or my drilled B or M7.

Rodney

I really like this idea with the "10mm, 14mm & 18mm Fitment" I mean my only one little bubbler atm is 14mm but this would be really handy for any future different sized bubblers I may buy.

I see a lot of bubbler that have 14mm and 18mm versions and always the 18mm version is sold out so I might go for one of them soon and as said this will come in handy.

Please do say about any similar and better alternatives to this as this is the first one I found with this.

Rodney,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
20240620-184920.jpg

coolbreeze

I really like this idea with the "10mm, 14mm & 18mm Fitment" I mean my only one little bubbler atm is 14mm but this would be really handy for any future different sized bubblers I may buy.

I see a lot of bubbler that have 14mm and 18mm versions and always the 18mm version is sold out so I might go for one of them soon and as said this will come in handy.

Please do say about any similar and better alternatives to this as this is the first one I found with this.
I'd say go for it. I can't see the price but if you find something better along the way this would make a fine backup. Only real potential issue is quality, really. If it fits your joints and DV tip well it should be pretty handy.

coolbreeze

Very interested in the hyperdyn for later in the year, maybe even next year, but it looks like they’re limiting supply to only 419 units? ‘Founder edition’.. what is that about?
I think the 419 got numbered caps. It looks like it's generally available June 27, presumably for the foreseeable future. George talked like it represented a new, 'permanent' category. He also said you could buy it by part in 2-3 months.

Petetbay

Very interested in the hyperdyn for later in the year, maybe even next year, but it looks like they’re limiting supply to only 419 units? ‘Founder edition’.. what is that about?
I just want the tip and cap, very curious that the cap is Ti and how fast it cools. Founders edition is #’d 1st run with a XL stash, hopefully the price will be better when available normally and I hope I don’t need to wait 3 months for the tip and cap.

GnarlyVandal

I just want the tip and cap, very curious that the cap is Ti and how fast it cools. Founders edition is #’d 1st run with a XL stash, hopefully the price will be better when available normally and I hope I don’t need to wait 3 months for the tip and cap.
I might do something similar, have an og VonG with the wood stem which I like quite a lot. But having a bowl with 2.5x the size may quickly replace the ti tip and armoured cap. If it takes more than 2-3 heat ups though I may give it a pass. I can fully extract the .1g bowl nicely with one heat up, so I’m hoping for something similar with the Hyperdyn

GnarlyVandal,

coolbreeze

how fast it cools
George told Sneaky Pete that it would hold heat a little longer than the M7 and that the flavor would be better. He didn't really address the cool-down directly, other than to say that both heat-up and cool-down would be a few seconds longer. I don't really expect something hugely different, more just pushing further in certain areas, like an extension of the bigger M+ hits and the longer M7 hits. Pete also took down (most of?) a bowl in one heating and seemed to really feel it.

budski

cantre member
the wider flatter caps have me interested, no more debowling and reloading loose herb will make the dyna more go friendly,

budski,

coolbreeze

w00t!
IMG-8368.jpg

Got me so ripped I reviewed it here for some reason. Cheers!

EDIT*: I had to try another stem with it--works like a charm, no excessive heat in the stem, tip & cap seem almost in balance with the stem.
IMG-8388.jpg

*I timed out of my other post but wanted to try/mention other stems.

Edit: The HyperNona:
IMG-8395.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom