noobvaperct

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I just bought an Armored Cap and was wondering if it’s better to use a torch or an IH? I have the Blazer Firefox Mini torch and a VHB IH that just fits the Armored Cap.

noobvaperct,

coolbreeze

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I just bought an Armored Cap and was wondering if it’s better to use a torch or an IH? I have the Blazer Firefox Mini torch and a VHB IH that just fits the Armored Cap.
I've only ever torched it, mostly with a PB207 or large Eagle. I think you might need to run the Firefox kinda low but it should be fine.

Cannabiker

I use the armored cap often on a ti tip with a simple glass WPA, and I always heat it with the YLL IH. I use it on the half-bowl setting, and it provides a milky single hit.

MrGreenspoon

I use the armored cap in combination with the helix tip and the Vortex heated with the YLL induction heater. About 4-5 reheats and very tasty hits.

noobvaperct

I've only ever torched it, mostly with a PB207 or large Eagle. I think you might need to run the Firefox kinda low but it should be fine.
When you torch it, do you aim at the Dynavap logo engraving? I’m asking because I believe as I understand it, the Armored Cap is supposed to deliver one massive hit, similar to the Anvil, and the bowl is spent.

coolbreeze

When you torch it, do you aim at the Dynavap logo engraving? I’m asking because I believe as I understand it, the Armored Cap is supposed to deliver one massive hit, similar to the Anvil, and the bowl is spent.
I've always treated it like a regular cap and spun while slow heating. The heat it holds is released over a longer period so it continues to heat where the regular cap runs out. I'm not sure it works quite as well as an fmj but it's pretty close--I use it more often probably. I like it for big bong hits.

noobvaperct

I've always treated it like a regular cap and spun while slow heating. The heat it holds is released over a longer period so it continues to heat where the regular cap runs out. I'm not sure it works quite as well as an fmj but it's pretty close--I use it more often probably. I like it for big bong hits.
Do you go past the click with your torch for that full bowl 1 hit extraction?

noobvaperct,

coolbreeze

Do you go past the click with your torch for that full bowl 1 hit extraction?
I always stop at the clicks. If you want a bigger hit, I'd turn down the torch to .5" and aim low on the cap, spin fast. You can also tilt your DV relative to the angle of the flame to slow the heat from crawling up to the cap, or you can lift the DV away from the flame .25" or so. Slowing the heating process leads to huge hits at the clicks, no overcount necessary.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
So, for the first time, I assembled the helix tip with an armoured cap, on a revolve 2 stem - and I can't believe how hot the stem gets. Appreciate this is not a Mad Heaters thread, but I'm genuinely taken aback at how much heat transfers from this tip/cap combination. Perhaps it's about my attachment to the slow heat rotation method of heating (similar to what I think @coolbreeze has described)

Has anyone else experience of this tip/combination getting things super warm? I'm thinking of swapping it across to the Vaphit X stem and running then it through water... What's your solution?

coolbreeze

So, for the first time, I assembled the helix tip with an armoured cap, on a revolve 2 stem - and I can't believe how hot the stem gets. Appreciate this is not a Mad Heaters thread, but I'm genuinely taken aback at how much heat transfers from this tip/cap combination. Perhaps it's about my attachment to the slow heat rotation method of heating (similar to what I think @coolbreeze has described)

Has anyone else experience of this tip/combination getting things super warm? I'm thinking of swapping it across to the Vaphit X stem and running then it through water... What's your solution?
I set up my 18 Omni with it and also thought it got super hot. I've mostly used it on wooden stems. The Hydra (or Nona) body with the '21 Omni condenser, a Helix and perforated cap are peak DV for me, perfect direct or through water.

Edit: the M7 is really great too. The heat retention makes it just pump out vapor. These new tips rock.

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

My Nona stem went through the wash, and dried slightly baggy in the process, alas. (And until this second it never occurred me to just buy a new wooden stem.) Anyway, I've just found an old glass wpa.

Peak Dynavap for me so far has been Nonavong tip on a Revolve 2 with a Quartz Cap from TRWW.

MrGreenspoon

Helix Tip with armored cap on a Simrell MVS ist one of my favorite setups. Heated with an induction heater not with a torch. Yes metal stems get hot in combination with the armoured cap. You are adding a lot of mass that saves heat and releases it slowly, so the stem gets hot.
Wooden stems are a good alternative or glass stems. If I use the helix and armored cap for example with my dynavap rocket stem the heat transfer is a lot less.

noobvaperct

This is quite shocking because I have the armored cap, the helix tip, and have been using the MVS as the stem, but was considering going with a Revolve Gen 2 stem, but not anymore. My MVS doesn’t get too hot to the touch whether I torch or use my IH, even going past the click.

I was looking to upgrade my stem but I’m not sure I even need to if this works just fine. I might upgrade the intercooler to the longer one, but that might be it…

Perfect_Speed4069

My MVS doesn’t get too hot to the touch whether I torch or use my IH, even going past the click
My "goodness me, I haven't held such a warm vape since the bad old days of the pax3" moment came after 3 or 4 heat cycles, back to back. And I'm almost certain the lack of a third o ring on the tip is partially to blame for the amount of heat transferred. I really should try with the Revolve glass sleeve too, just to see

The Revolve stems are an absolute delight btw, and I highly recommend either the 1st or 2nd Gen if you see one - 2nd hand, they seem to go for about 70 on eBay in the UK at least.

I've also amped up the thermal mass by putting a stainless steel riser beneath the screen on just-below-the-half-bowl setting (so the screen sits about 1mm beneath the air holes), which makes a 1 hit extraction of the half bowl much easier (and reduces the need for multiple heat ups).

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
My "goodness me, I haven't held such a warm vape since the bad old days of the pax3" moment came after 3 or 4 heat cycles, back to back. And I'm almost certain the lack of a third o ring on the tip is partially to blame for the amount of heat transferred. I really should try with the Revolve glass sleeve too, just to see

The Revolve stems are an absolute delight btw, and I highly recommend either the 1st or 2nd Gen if you see one - 2nd hand, they seem to go for about 70 on eBay in the UK at least.

I've also amped up the thermal mass by putting a stainless steel riser beneath the screen on just-below-the-half-bowl setting (so the screen sits about 1mm beneath the air holes), which makes a 1 hit extraction of the half bowl much easier (and reduces the need for multiple heat ups).
I also like the Sneaky Pete half bowl converter for added thermal mass and one hit extract consistency. Plus, let's me tamp a little more densely without knocking the screen out of the half bowl position.

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Perfect_Speed4069

Last edited:
Perfect_Speed4069,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Just had to get on page 2500 of the DV thread with something ...

Dyna-Vap-2019-M-Teaser-600px-2-zpsderufkuv.gif

coolbreeze

something BIG...
dynavap-big.png
I'm gonna need a bigger box...

Edit: Sloppily-de-contrasted spoiler version.

Couple things I can see: that weird Omnivong thing there hasn't got a chance against my mighty dollar; the Vong has a new shoulder/bowl unipiece, it looks like; the two unibodies look to have different fin configs (and I'm not sure what's at the end of the tall one; I'm guessing all the fans and sensors and diodes and so forth.) The last one looks like the DA3. ; )

Last edited:

ezpz

Howzit everyone. Just wanted to share my current favorite DV setup. A DLC Ti tip from madheaters, AC from DV, Hookahhead spiral stem from vgoodiez, and a MP from TRWW.
Excellent cooling, less restricted than using a condenser, easier to clean, and just looks sweet.
I just got a squatlock from @Hookahhead_MD, so why not merge the two.
Although the TRWW MP wasn’t designed for a 14mm connection, it surprisingly makes a good seal.
So here’s my one heat extraction using the wand, waiting 6 blinks after 2nd click.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I'm gonna need a bigger box...

Edit: Sloppily-de-contrasted spoiler version.

Couple things I can see: that weird Omnivong thing there hasn't got a chance against my mighty dollar; the Vong has a new shoulder/bowl unipiece, it looks like; the two unibodies look to have different fin configs (and I'm not sure what's at the end of the tall one; I'm guessing all the fans and sensors and diodes and so forth.) The last one looks like the DA3. ; )
Ooh neat, was hoping for a dyna tempest but a dyna accumulator seems fun! Wonder how the function will differ and if the new tips will maintain backwards compatibility or if they’ll need a new set of caps to go with? Unibodies seem neat too, but lately haven’t been enjoying my helix as much so might not be worth for me unless they really amp up the convection.

Octavia,
Reactions: coolbreeze
Top Bottom