TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Hi ,I’ve heard before but couldn’t find them then again on troy and jerry last night ,
the Armoured cap?
dont know if ive got the right name but can’t find anything like it any where ,
any body seen it used it ,?
if got 2 anvils but don’t really trust it’s materials ,a gut feeling I guess ,
anyway be good if dynavaps got this out ,and just me that cant find it ,
thanks guys
G

Dynavap has not released a production model armored cap yet. They have been teased though and these might be the ones you have seen. :peace:

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: Green Kiwi
Thanks for that ,I wondered why I couldn’t find them ,
look forward to seeing what their like if they do ,it was troy and jerry had them but spoke like
they were out ,mind you we would know I guess from dynavap if something new was coming
feel safer something from dynavap,anvil founders copper core in it I have 316ss ,my users edition 416ss but know one over there seems bothered
more bothered about torch flames and how hard it hits ,too be young again and not give fuck,lol
not an expert on steal but older and medical user ,just know it’s a cheaper SS ,still use them but trust simmrell and dynavap not to kill me lol,

anyway thanks for the reply ,
G

My_50p_worth

look forward to seeing what their like if they do ,it was troy and jerry had them but spoke like
they were out ,mind you we would know I guess from dynavap if something new was coming
feel safer something from dynavap,anvil founders copper core in it I have 316ss ,my users edition 416ss but know one over there seems bothered
more bothered about torch flames and how hard it hits ,too be young again and not give fuck,lol
not an expert on steal but older and medical user ,just know it’s a cheaper SS ,still use them but trust simmrell and dynavap not to kill me lol,

anyway thanks for the reply ,
G
They’re valid concerns man I totally agree, and I also own an anvil. Something I’ve always been frustrated about with the anvil is the inability of a significant chunk of the community to be critical of it.

I’d love to see some studies or experiments done to finally put all of this to bed. Copper is such a great material for vapes in terms of thermal properties, so it’d be awesome if it was declared safe to use.

That Anvil thread can be a weirdly hostile place on both sides sometimes - without pushing the “be nice” rule too far some of the commenters on there are evidence that maybe it does give off metal fumes :rofl:

Anyway I think the armoured cap is being rethought? George mentioned something about it and discomfort with the copper content in his AMA. I imagine we will get a steel version, but I do remember a silver version also prototyped

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
What differences would this “armoured” cap produce, I dunno if it would be worth it over a standard cap to be honest.

Demonic chronic,

checkyourlibido

They’re valid concerns man I totally agree, and I also own an anvil. Something I’ve always been frustrated about with the anvil is the inability of a significant chunk of the community to be critical of it.

I’d love to see some studies or experiments done to finally put all of this to bed. Copper is such a great material for vapes in terms of thermal properties, so it’d be awesome if it was declared safe to use.

That Anvil thread can be a weirdly hostile place on both sides sometimes - without pushing the “be nice” rule too far some of the commenters on there are evidence that maybe it does give off metal fumes :rofl:

Anyway I think the armoured cap is being rethought? George mentioned something about it and discomfort with the copper content in his AMA. I imagine we will get a steel version, but I do remember a silver version also prototyped
I think the founder's edition buyers were all treated so exceptionally well, that they may have some bias. Which speaks volumes about the good customer service coming out of such a small shop. But I honestly don't trust them because of that, lol.

And the copper is something I don't care for as I may use IH in the future, and I just don't want to deal with the copper. Also, I'm just happiest with materials I have always used glass, stainless steel, and a bit of titanium.

I'd be down for a cheaper stainless version. I do like bigger bowls. Which brings me back to Dynavap, not comparing it to the Anvil, but I really just want a bigger bowl. Maybe even a massive bowl that's never been seen before in any portable, lol

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Green Kiwi

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++

Not sure where your getting your info from, but I posted the following three pages back.

"The SS 316 wire wrap you are using is indeed a healthy choice so close to the air flow intake. For those that are considering using this material for use with a IH, SS 316 lacks magnetic properties, and would be a poor choice. This is the reason why Vestratto switched from using medical grade (MG) SS 316 to SS 416 in the outer shell of the oven in the newer User Edition of the Anvil. This switch to SS 416 was done precisely for it's magnetic properties, so going forward it would be compatible with their more powerful IH currently in development. All components in the Anvil's air path are (MG) SS 316 with the exception of one (MG) TI reclaim spiral.
Question: What SS is the DV cap made of? :\"​
If your concerned about metal used, it's the DV magnetic cap that should be in question.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++

Don't claim to have any expertise, but everything I read states SS 304 is an austenitic (non-magneticI) SS. A few years back checked all our SS pots and pans to see which ones were magnetic or not after reading SS 304 10/8 wasn't. Gave away all the ones that were and purchased SS 304 replacements with magnet in hand to verify.

Noticed my '18' and '19' caps are noticeably more magnetic than the '20' or '21' caps are.

Found another way to heat my DV's that doesn't involve a cap.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Something has definitely changed in the cap material. They may be 304 SS now but some past caps were very interactive with the induction field where today's caps aren't.

Someone asked if the tip interacted with the IH. Turns out it interacts about as much as the weaker caps do.

BTW, 304 and 316 stainless steel react 'mildly' to a magnet. To test screws, I tie them to a string and see if the magnet mildly deflects the string or if it sucks right up to a magnet. Ti doesn't move at all.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, is it the clickers that are actually more magnetic and allow the cap to be pulled off with a magnet? The strong magnet on the Reload can pull off a pretty tight cap, even with a captive dent...

cybrguy,

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Hey guys new to the dynavap scene I have a 2020M with a 2019 tip stainless steel I love it but man does it take forever to heat up

I have a 2021 Vong TI coming today

I'm looking at caps and just wondering what is the general feeling of the perforated caps? Any noticeable upgrade or more of a eye candy thing??

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: whatitdew

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Slight increase in airflow, maybe. Mostly looks. Otoh, a low-temp cap pairs very nicely with the Ti tips. I consider it an upgrade for consistency and flavor.
I use ti all the time and when I’m not vaping thru water (out and about), I use my omnis with low temp caps. So a plus 1 for the low temp cap from me:tup:

PutOneInTheAir

Slight increase in airflow, maybe. Mostly looks. Otoh, a low-temp cap pairs very nicely with the Ti tips. I consider it an upgrade for consistency and flavor.
That's a good point because I'm sick and tired of waiting out in public for a real long time to heat up my cap looking like a.....
I'm curious if you ordered the Vong by itself or in one of the packages? I'm thinking about picking one up
Honestly I bought this stem with a 20-20 tip on exchange for $35 then I picked up the 2021 TI tip brand new on the 420 sales $40 so I'm sitting about $75 for a slightly used stem and new tip
I use ti all the time and when I’m not vaping thru water (out and about), I use my omnis with low temp caps. So a plus 1 for the low temp cap from me:tup:
All right you guys are definitely getting those gears turning and instead of the perforated I might have to go low temp I've never used the TI tip I'm actually waiting for it to come in any hour in the mail

coolbreeze

I might have to go low temp I've never used the TI tip
It's a great tip that most people feel produces the best flavor. However, it's easy to heat it unevenly, producing darker herbs along the bowl walls with vapor that tastes carbony. The low-temp cap consistently stops the roast before that point preserving the best flavor, and the abv comes out a uniform deep brown. I think it also seems to produce a more consistent (and consistently substantial) volume of vapor from first to last hit, as well as slightly more hits per bowl.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

It's a great tip that most people feel produces the best flavor. However, it's easy to heat it unevenly, producing darker herbs along the bowl walls with vapor that tastes carbony. The low-temp cap consistently stops the roast before that point and the abv comes out a uniform deep brown, with no adverse affect on the flavor. I think it also seems to produce a more consistent volume of vapor from first to last hit, as well as slightly more hits per bowl.
I usually try to extract as fast as I can but obviously always willing to make sacrifices for quality vapor. I'm going to have to get one of these a try I wonder what the temperature difference would be between the perforated and the low temp The way I understand it both of them are said to hit sooner on the clicks compared to the captive

PutOneInTheAir,

coolbreeze

I usually try to extract as fast as I can but obviously always willing to make sacrifices for quality vapor. I'm going to have to get one of these a try I wonder what the temperature difference would be between the perforated and the low temp The way I understand it both of them are said to hit sooner on the clicks compared to the captive
I think the perf cap, if it really does heat faster, may do so from having slightly less mass but I'm not sure that I've noticed mine heating faster, to be honest. It may slightly increase airflow, though. It really performs much more like a standard captive cap than a low-temp does.

Now, all this being said, you should be able to get the results you want--even with a standard captive cap--as you get used to the less massive tip. The low-temp cap performs the most differently among the caps, and it's really the consistency that sets it apart. This leads to the other effects (even roasting, great flavor). You can accomplish this without the LT cap, but it makes it simple and reliable to do so.

I haven't purposely taken the low-temp beyond the click, but you should be able to blow past the click and heat to a standard temp or a hotter temp for whatever results you want, as you get to know the cap and tip. Either should happen quicker than it would with a Stainless tip.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

I think the perf cap, if it really does heat faster, may do so from having slightly less mass but I'm not sure that I've noticed mine heating faster, to be honest. It may slightly increase airflow, though. It really performs much more like a standard captive cap than a low-temp does.

Now, all this being said, you should be able to get the results you want--even with a standard captive cap--as you get used to the less massive tip. The low-temp cap performs the most differently among the caps, and it's really the consistency that sets it apart. This leads to the other effects (even roasting, great flavor). You can accomplish this without the LT cap, but it makes it simple and reliable to do so.

I haven't purposely taken the low-temp beyond the click, but you should be able to blow past the click and heat to a standard temp or a hotter temp for whatever results you want, as you get to know the cap and tip. Either should happen quicker than it would with a Stainless tip.
I have been now starting out heating towards the tip getting all the terps then as it progresses heating lower on the cap seems to work pretty good and extracts better and gets me higher kind of like temp stepping

PutOneInTheAir,

coolbreeze

I have been now starting out heating towards the tip getting all the terps then as it progresses heating lower on the cap seems to work pretty good and extracts better and gets me higher kind of like temp stepping
This is the way!

I bet you'll enjoy it whichever route you take, and if you run into issues or feel curious the other option's still there!

coolbreeze,
Top Bottom