coolbreeze

I’ve got a 19m never use it now but I could never part with it, will always be part of the family, it’s what got me into Dynavaps so I must of liked it:rofl:
Same here. I skipped the '20s but tried the '21 cuz it came in a kit and had the half bowl and 10mm taper and I hoped it corrected the flaws of the '20. I think it did pretty well on all counts. I love my VerdiuM and use it all the time. Still like the 19's though, just less convenient in certain ways.

I wish I had some idea about the nature of OP's trouble with it. I'm kind of fascinated to know the cause.

My_50p_worth

I agree with this. The 19 is loved because it rips hard. This can certainly be a desirable attribute, however, the 19M is a bit of a one trick pony. I keep one around and occasionally use it, but it is typically not my go-to
In what way do you consider it a one trick pony? It can absolutely roast material fast but I find it also does flavour and session style hits just as well as any other SS tip.

The beauty of any DV setup is that it is the exact opposite of a one trick pony, with a torch and solid technique any tip can do what you want it to.

Specifically, I find I can do everything the same with a 19 and 21. The 19 if anything is a little more nimble due to the lower mass. All the 21m as a whole seems to have over it is the half bowl option and the 10mm fitment.

I pulled the '21M out the other day to use for a while. I've been going all VonG and Xmax v3 lately and the '21M is just completely out-classed in every way by the '19 M. The stem of the 21 is the only usable part, but the tip is just garbage IMO. Right now I only have an Apollo II and it just can't give the 21 the heat it needs to function properly and in my experience, it's not much better with a torch.

They should have stopped at the '19 M.

It’s the cap. All the tips are is just a hunk of stainless steel with different machining each year - and will extract similarly provided technique is modified to account for the +/- of mass from tip to tip and the choice of cap

Those captives seem to want a different heatup style compared to a regular cap, try backing the flame right off and really extending that heatup. The Ti tips seem to get on with captive caps a bit more than the SS tips do, possibly related to the lower temp click

As for the Apollo, a lot of guys have success heating for only a few seconds at a time - the pulsing method I believe it is called. The thing gets way too hot too fast otherwise

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
with @HyDrOpOnIc1987 's blessing and in the name of science of course :science: I tried his 21 and it does not rip as hard as my 19:uhoh: takes 2 heating cycles to still not 100% match what I can get from my 19 in one hit:o with either the captive cap it came with or my 19 cap!!!!!! using same technique with both and timing that is combustion line for my 19. I always thought I had a hot cap but really it's the tip?????

I very much agree with this
For me it's easier to get big rips with the 19M than with the 21M. It's easier to get tastier hits with the 21M than the 19M.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

I'm just excited to be getting my feet wet and joining the Dynaverse lol :) don't need it to be the hardest hitting Dyna, just need it to get me high so it will show me that vaping is more efficient than smoking. My Air 2, which is my first vape and i bought it at the beginning of the month, didnt work for me at all. Takes too long to catch a buzz that by the time i start to feel it, its already wearing off :(

The '21 dyna should fix that! The fact that it can vape a bowl in 2 runs is MUCH better than my Air2 already. Takes me 2 15 min heating sessions to get the same from the air. Im excited to see what a real dry herb vape can do for me. Not that the air isnt real, i just view it as more of a toy for ppl just getting into marijuana. Thank you so much @Bad Dog for buying it and sending me the care package with the bubbler and everything needed to get going. Its VERY much appreciated. Looking forward to telling you my experiences with it :)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
requires technique adaptions to work around.
seems a little silly to have to heat so far past the click, I was going 1-2 second for my 19 that's combustion line heating low. and even for my titanium that is a pretty intense hit, same heating. one hitters aren't my norm anymore but sometimes its nice to be nostalgic so I like having that horsepower. these days I like a few hits and I've never had trouble getting my 19 to hit as soft os I want:shrug:

jabba

There’s your issue man. 21m is a lil heavier and the cap clicks a little earlier, requires technique adaptions to work around. 2020m even more so, that is one big bertha at something like 6.3 grams :rofl:
I agree with both of your posts. My 'one trick pony' comment applies more to those who have yet to (or do not care to) understand the subtle nuances of each tip, cap, or stem combo and the nuances of heating methods. Generally speaking for most casual users I still think that the 2019M 'trick' is its heavy-hitter persona. It rips.

You and I read vape forums and are fixated on the nuances among devices and methods. Most 'normal' vappers are just packing, heating, and expecting a predetermined result. One could expect....given typical methods and heat application....that a 2019M would hit harder/faster and with fewer total cycles required for full vaporization.

I sincerely wish that I were the type of person that didn't deep dive into all the subtle nuances lol.

coolbreeze

I already roll that way @coolbreeze and I only heat with the wispy flame coming off the intense bright flame, never the intense flame directly;)
I usually stay just beyond or just touching the outer flame. Caught myself pushing it a couple weeks ago heating about an inner flame length outside the the outer flame (inner flame about .5", so about 1.5" away from the torch). Things got a little roasty but the hits were epic.

Vape Cloud City

I hope the 21m isn't to bad??? maybe its no 19 but is it at least pretty good? have you tried it with a different cap? I just bought one for a new forum member, hoping it does a better job for him than his air which isn't getting the job done.

little afternoon delight, cheers DynaVap thread
I used a 2019 for almost 2 years straight so the 21 has taken me a while to get used to, but even using it by itself for a few months there's zero redeeming qualities about it except the stem design to me unfortunately. That's just my opinion, I also am not a person who tastes much flavor out of weed (or anything, really) so I don't get the small, subtle nuances that a lot of people talk about.

I would bet that you will have a perfectly fine experience with the 21 and if not, there's other stuff to try. :)

It’s the cap. All the tips are is just a hunk of stainless steel with different machining each year - and will extract similarly provided technique is modified to account for the +/- of mass from tip to tip and the choice of cap

Those captives seem to want a different heatup style compared to a regular cap, try backing the flame right off and really extending that heatup. The Ti tips seem to get on with captive caps a bit more than the SS tips do, possibly related to the lower temp click

As for the Apollo, a lot of guys have success heating for only a few seconds at a time - the pulsing method I believe it is called. The thing gets way too hot too fast otherwise
Thank you for the advice and I've tried a couple different caps...the old standard cap from my 2019 and a captive cap that I use on my VonG that works well and no matter what I just don't get good hits from the 21. Not just massive rips either, normal hits are weak and wispy on the 21 or they're so hot it almost tastes charred. There is no in-between on mine and it's the only Dynavap of 4 I own that perform so poorly.

I used to do the pulsing method but really didn't notice much difference doing that, at least not enough to warrant doing it each time. Again I posted above that I don't get subtle flavors and all the "taste" people speak of with any device, even with food I don't pick out flavors like most people do which could be causing some of my issues.

With the 21, if I use it I will do a full heat cycle in the Apollo II without pulling on it to get some initial heat but it doesn't seem like that does much to help. My whole experience with the 21 aside from the stem has just been really really bad.

I want to like it but I don't think I'll ever get there with the 21. I pulled it back out last week to try again after a few months of not using it and the first hit just made me realize why I packed it up for good last time. If this was my first Dynavap I don't know if I would have ever purchased another product from them, so thankfully I didn't have that experience but I'll absolutely never buy another M. (unless they re-release the 2019)

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

I used a 2019 for almost 2 years straight so the 21 has taken me a while to get used to, but even using it by itself for a few months there's zero redeeming qualities about it except the stem design to me unfortunately. That's just my opinion, I also am not a person who tastes much flavor out of weed (or anything, really) so I don't get the small, subtle nuances that a lot of people talk about.

I would bet that you will have a perfectly fine experience with the 21 and if not, there's other stuff to try. :)

Thank you for the advice and I've tried a couple different caps...the old standard cap from my 2019 and a captive cap that I use on my VonG that works well and no matter what I just don't get good hits from the 21. Not just massive rips either, normal hits are weak and wispy on the 21 or they're so hot it almost tastes charred. There is no in-between on mine and it's the only Dynavap of 4 I own that perform so poorly.

I used to do the pulsing method but really didn't notice much difference doing that, at least not enough to warrant doing it each time. Again I posted above that I don't get subtle flavors and all the "taste" people speak of with any device, even with food I don't pick out flavors like most people do and never have.

With the 21, if I use it I will do a full heat cycle in the Apollo II without pulling on it to get some initial heat but it doesn't seem like that does much to help. My whole experience with the 21 aside from the stem has just been really really bad.

I want to like it but I don't think I'll ever get there with the 21. I pulled it back out last week to try again after a few months of not using it and the first hit just made me realize why I packed it up for good last time. If this was my first Dynavap I don't know if I would have ever purchased another product from them, so thankfully I didn't have that experience but I'll absolutely never buy another M. (unless they re-release the 2019)
Hey, the reason he's worried is because he bought a '21 DV for me to try. My Air 2 isnt powerful enough for me and he had a similar experience with dry herb vaping as well, so he offered to grab me one to see if that works. He has a '19 DV and has been telling me how hard hitting it is so he was a little worried after trying it last night and found that it indeed doesnt hit as hard as his '19, but because I'm a noob, i figured i wont even notice as i never tried the '19 to begin with. Tbh, if i can get the high i need, idc about the rest atm. And as for buying other stuff, that will inevitably come soon enough im sure lmao thanks for giving us more info and another side to look at :)

Also, if for whatever reason it doesnt hold up to what i need it to, @Bad Dog offered to switch my SS tip for a Ti tip via mail. So if it performs almost right, but not quite there, we'll do a swap. I'm incredibly thankful to have stumbled onto this place. Awesome people, amazing knowledge. Cant go wrong here at all! Tyvm everyone for not just calling me a noob and laughing like they do on reddit. Its a mighty fine breath of fresh air!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Hey, the reason he's worried is because he bought a '21 DV for me to try. My Air 2 isnt powerful enough for me and he had a similar experience with dry herb vaping as well, so he offered to grab me one to see if that works. He has a '19 DV and has been telling me how hard hitting it is so he was a little worried after trying it last night and found that it indeed doesnt hit as hard as his '19, but because I'm a noob, i figured i wont even notice as i never tried the '19 to begin with. Tbh, if i can get the high i need, idc about the rest atm. And as for buying other stuff, that will inevitably come soon enough im sure lmao thanks for giving us more info and another side to look at :)

Also, if for whatever reason it doesnt hold up to what i need it to, @Bad Dog offered to switch my SS tip for a Ti tip via mail. So if it performs almost right, but not quite there, we'll do a swap. I'm incredibly thankful to have stumbled onto this place. Awesome people, amazing knowledge. Cant go wrong here at all! Tyvm everyone for not just calling me a noob and laughing like they do on reddit. Its a mighty fine breath of fresh air!
Well, I don't care what anyone says, I think he's a very Good Dog.

Vape Cloud City

If I have learned anything about these it's that there are some pretty universal characteristics that carry across the user base for the most part, but everyone still has their individual experience with them. I think you will do just fine with it, it works just not how I would like it to work but I'm just nit-picking because I've gone so far down the rabbit hole I have nothing else left to talk about haha.

That's such a cool thing @Bad Dog is doing and I really commend them for it, if I can help with anything please let me know.

HyDrOpOnIc1987

If I have learned anything about these it's that there are some pretty universal characteristics that carry across the user base for the most part, but everyone still has their individual experience with them. I think you will do just fine with it, it works just not how I would like it to work but I'm just nit-picking because I've gone so far down the rabbit hole I have nothing else left to talk about haha.

That's such a cool thing @Bad Dog is doing and I really commend them for it, if I can help with anything please let me know.
Thanks! I agree, amazing thing he's doing for me. And thank you for offering advice. Thats exactly the behaviour i was talking about. This place is special, and I'm proud to have stumbled on it. Hoping that down the line i can do something similar for someone else. A pay it forward kinda thing lol

Im sure i'll get to the point where i have many DV items and will be discussing how they work, what my tips and tricks are, etc. :)

Looking forward to taking the time to get to know the device. Down the line, i'll try and find a '19 DV, but for now the AzuriuM '21 should do the trick just fine. I hope so, anyways lol

Is it possible for anyone to just not ever get high from vaping? I cant see that being a thing but figured i would ask. Sorry its not on topic for the thread, just figured it applied to my situation and since ill be using a DV, i figured i would ask other DV users if they ever stumbled accross anyone who just couldnt catch a buzz no matter what they did.

And to Coolbreeze, I agree! Even if he doesn't like it lol :p

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, I have a lot of different tips and caps that I received with various VCs from DV or that were bought separately for third party stems or as replacements. It has become difficult to tell which is which in many circumstances (other than those that are unique or are somehow labeled). Somehow that isn't really a problem for me. A hit or 2 on the stem, cap, tip combo I have just assembled will usually give away what technique that combo requires and I may carry on. I'm sure that ability has improved over time so it may be easier for me than a VC noob, but you WILL get it after a while. Or at least most will...

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Im sure i'll get the hang of heating it and the ritual down. Thats the least of my concerns. And from everything i see, very few people complain that its not enough for them, at least from what ive read on both reddit and here.

Happy 420 everyone! Just realized its legit 420 today lol forgot all about it

GoldenBud

Im sure i'll get the hang of heating it and the ritual down. Thats the least of my concerns. And from everything i see, very few people complain that its not enough for them, at least from what ive read on both reddit and here.

Happy 420 everyone! Just realized its legit 420 today lol forgot all about it
get a Ti tip I'd recommend. the click comes faster, the taste is slightly better, and the dirt outside the tip gets less polymerized. much enjoyable I'd say ;)

HyDrOpOnIc1987

get a Ti tip I'd recommend. the click comes faster, the taste is slightly better, and the dirt outside the tip gets less polymerized. much enjoyable I'd say ;)
I'm trying the SS tip first, but if it doesn't do the trick @badsaid that we can exchange the tips. He has a Ti tip and offered it to me right away after discovering that the '21 doesnt hit as hard as his '19. Eventually, if i like it, i'll start to accumulate tips and stems and caps and such lol and if i like it, its time to save for a IH lol but thats getting ahead of myself :)

Top Bottom