OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Does anybody have both the 2018 and the 2019 5-fin ti tips, and can tell me the difference between the two? Which one has 3 adjust-a-bowl settings?

OGablogian,

Shorner

The DV sub Reddit despises them! If I remember right, DV were also trying to give them away.

The ignition system is finicky when on dual flame mode as it only sparks the first jet and uses that to spark the second. Also heard reports of them turning into flamethrowers.

This one here has been great for me, replaceable flint ignition too so it should theoretically be a life long torch if you use quality butane. Hands free operating is also possible as it stays on when sparked until you close the lid. Nice fuel tank too, I’ll usually get a good day out of it with a bowl every hour or two

EDIT: just seen you want it for anvil use too, it’s good but not able to RTL.. my bad I should read better :rofl:
I have one of those lighters in the amazon link it's been good for me too.

My_50p_worth

Does anybody have both the 2018 and the 2019 5-fin ti tips, and can tell me the difference between the two? Which one has 3 adjust-a-bowl settings?
Both do! Well kind of.. halfway through the 2019 run they changed to 2 settings. All 18’s have 3, some 19’s have 3.

I’ve had the 18 and 19, the difference isn’t that pronounced. The 19 has deeper grooves = slightly more airflow = slightly more convection = slightly better taste. Really isn’t particularly noticeable though, and certainly not worth seeking out one over the other. I’d be just as happy with both, extraction performance is identical

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynavap/comments/oapuj9
Here’s a photo for reference and 18-20 Ti tip ID.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Apparently for the 21 tips they decided that the spiral path of the vapor wasn't effective enough to worry about and rely instead on the ability of the vapor to find it's own way over the narrower horizontal grooves. One might think that would reduce airflow but I don't really find that to be the case. Does anyone else think differently?

My_50p_worth

Apparently for the 21 tips they decided that the spiral path of the vapor wasn't effective enough to worry about and rely instead on the ability of the vapor to find it's own way over the narrower horizontal grooves. One might think that would reduce airflow but I don't really find that to be the case. Does anyone else think differently?
I feel more like it was an attempt to lock users into the captive cap in order to get correct airflow, but I’m also a little cynical of most things George does these days.

But yes, with a captive cap I find the airflow to be just fine. Although I wish my vape didn’t now sound like a baby rattle

Edit: should also add, in the recent Reddit AMA George by his own admission says the new tips are aesthetics first, so maybe that’s at play too

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The DV sub Reddit despises them! If I remember right, DV were also trying to give them away.

The ignition system is finicky when on dual flame mode as it only sparks the first jet and uses that to spark the second. Also heard reports of them turning into flamethrowers.

This one here has been great for me, replaceable flint ignition too so it should theoretically be a life long torch if you use quality butane. Hands free operating is also possible as it stays on when sparked until you close the lid. Nice fuel tank too, I’ll usually get a good day out of it with a bowl every hour or two

EDIT: just seen you want it for anvil use too, it’s good but not able to RTL.. my bad I should read better :rofl:

Thanks for the detailed reply and suggestions. People seem to swear at them or swear by them. Maybe there is a more reliable V2 in the works.
Plenty of other less expensive dual flame choices available. Search on.

GoldenBud

I feel more like it was an attempt to lock users into the captive cap in order to get correct airflow, but I’m also a little cynical of most things George does these days.
if airflow is what you're looking for, try using regular screens, not ccd. im waiting for these screens (check reviews) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HLDCQF0

meanwhile i'm using just regular screens folded as my screen, still much better airflow than ccd. Captive or not, now I really like the dyna's airflow....tried both caps, I don't feel the difference for now (using ti tip)

jbm

Thanks for the detailed reply and suggestions. People seem to swear at them or swear by them. Maybe there is a more reliable V2 in the works.
Plenty of other less expensive dual flame choices available. Search on.
I bought one pre-magnet, when they first came out. It never worked reliably. DV sent me a replacement, which never worked reliably either.

My_50p_worth

if airflow is what you're looking for, try using regular screens, not ccd. im waiting for these screens (check reviews) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HLDCQF0

meanwhile i'm using just regular screens folded as my screen, still much better airflow than ccd. Captive or not, now I really like the dyna's airflow....tried both caps, I don't feel the difference for now (using ti tip)
Yeah man they’re awesome, big fan of those for airflow. I find they get clogged noticeably faster though

I bought one pre-magnet, when they first came out. It never worked reliably. DV sent me a replacement, which never worked reliably either.
That famous DV quality control!

@endof3d Jobon do a lovely zippo style dual flame torch, it’s basically a working duality without the single flame option. Wouldn’t surprise me if the duality was inspired by it

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Looking for a reliable pants pocket carry lighter for the DV and Anvil. Considering the DV Duality which has been out in the wild for a while now. Does anyone have experience with this lighter who could offer an opinion as to it’s build quality and reliability? Thanks.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-12-at-9-25-56-AM.png
I have two and they both don’t work reliably which means I can count on them so I don’t use them. My favorite most used is a zippo with a single flame insert. Its classy AF too.

Looking for a reliable pants pocket carry lighter for the DV and Anvil.
(7£)

Widely adjustable single flame, not exactly durable but has HUGE capacity, cheap price and safety lock for keeping lit while heating/safe pocketing. Piezo not flint so will die at some point though. The QC is ofc garbage -cheers bezos- so treat it like a GPU or HDD: stress test it early and send for a replacement if it's got any problems.

As a carry-around I think a budget option that you aren't fussed about losing or breaking is a plus but for some people its quasi-disposable nature (i.e. no flint) is a negative so YMMV.

I don't have any premium lighters but can do as good a quick-click or low-slow as Wand IH, even better for low and slow than my chef brulee big boy torch thingy. Admittedly bit more knack with butane than IH though.

Also can confirm a zippo with jet flame is classy AF. Aesthetics is quintessential with this one: since u will mostly just be looking at it; once you have done 9-10 caps it's outta gas.

Edit:if ur a yank, there's similar ones on walmart and ebay. "Big single jet flame lighter" in the search bar will get you close.

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
(7£)

Widely adjustable single flame, not exactly durable but has HUGE capacity, cheap price and safety lock for keeping lit while heating/safe pocketing. Piezo not flint so will die at some point though. The QC is ofc garbage -cheers bezos- so treat it like a GPU or HDD: stress test it early and send for a replacement if it's got any problems.

As a carry-around I think a budget option that you aren't fussed about losing or breaking is a plus but for some people its quasi-disposable nature (i.e. no flint) is a negative so YMMV.

I don't have any premium lighters but can do as good a quick-click or low-slow as Wand IH, even better for low and slow than my chef brulee big boy torch thingy. Admittedly bit more knack with butane than IH though.

Also can confirm a zippo with jet flame is classy AF. Aesthetics is quintessential with this one: since u will mostly just be looking at it; once you have done 9-10 caps it's outta gas.

Edit:if ur a yank, there's similar ones on walmart and ebay. "Big single jet flame lighter" in the search bar will get you close.

Welcome to the FC forum @TigerTakesTastyTokes . Thanks for the suggestions and info!

GoldenBud

some people just need a torch from time to time and they are stingy, they don't want to spend much money on a torch so there's that.. super cheap torch.. I suggest you to find the good "Honest" brand torches most of them are great. using premium refined butane will extend their function life..

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Both do! Well kind of.. halfway through the 2019 run they changed to 2 settings. All 18’s have 3, some 19’s have 3.

I’ve had the 18 and 19, the difference isn’t that pronounced. The 19 has deeper grooves = slightly more airflow = slightly more convection = slightly better taste. Really isn’t particularly noticeable though, and certainly not worth seeking out one over the other. I’d be just as happy with both, extraction performance is identical

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynavap/comments/oapuj9
Here’s a photo for reference and 18-20 Ti tip ID.
Thanks for posting this. Interesting that the VONG and OMNI tips are shorter. Took me a double take to catch that.

@endof3d safe nice to meet ya and
@GoldenBud i like salty food just as much as sweet so nice to meetya too :tup:.

Ngl woulda left it no clapback but my google fu is only showing honest lighter models that have a frankly PUNY capacity compared to the Prof one i posted so what makes them better? Some of them don't even have a safety? And 4 out of the 5 models i saw all looked like they do a well titchy flame compared to that one too? (Not including brulee/blazer sized ones which aint exactly pocket carry)

I mean i understand if your saying something premium like the duality but honestly...sigh 'ad too...still looks like they are outclassed in capacity, weight, flame, price. Have to be fair they do look better built no doubt, the similar mini jetflame model that PROF does look like a worse build quality to the Honest ones fo sho - prof ones cheaper tho. None of them have flint so they all disposables basically anyway right?

Trust as long as you weed out any dud ones with amazon returns those boys are beast, can do easy a few days or more without filling it, daily driving 1-2grams in 10-20 caps, 2-hitting to a coffee avb, better tasting than even my big boy blazer type and most type of IH apart from the Wand. Had three over 2 years and last one's coincided with wand so is still lasting. At the under 10$ price range what more can you ask for than 50-100$+ IH beating performance?

TigerTakesTastyTokes,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Hippie

These are my fav lighters for the Vapcap
(and my fav thread for talking about lighters for the Vapcap :) )

.d

So I got my Revolve on the start of this week, been intensively testing it these few days and am pretty happy with the purchase so far. (got a factory second for a nice price and even got gifts with the order!)
Anyway, I gotta talk about the reclaim mesh filter thingy and I wanna know others experience with it.

So - in my experience it clogs up after about 15 full bowls to the point that the draw restriction is too great to use the device. At first I was like - this is horrible, I'm not gonna use it.
Then I checked the madheaters site and saw a tip to put the mesh filters in the empty bowl and take a hit.
I did that thinking that seems reasonable, i can vape all that oil stuck.
And damn - i had the thickest milkiest hit from a dynavap ever! and the reclaim was practically gone (little black ash like particles that can be blown and scraped away easily - and its clean!) from one hit...
as i see it I got a dab-like hit while cleaning my mesh filter at the same time?
I did this 3 times now and it smacks so hard I sweat on my forehead! (in a good way)
So I'm keeping this mesh inside for now - it limits my airflow a bit and "steals" a bit , but returns it back like a rock to the head

Anybody else got the same experience?

My_50p_worth

Thanks for posting this. Interesting that the VONG and OMNI tips are shorter. Took me a double take to catch that.
The 19-20 SS transition also apparently did this so it must’ve been a conscious decision across the board.

Another point of interest - I have just taken receipt of an interesting 5 fin Ti tip.

It has a 2020 spiral pattern, but a 3 position bowl from ‘18-early ‘19, and it doesn’t have the year engraved on it - which they started doing from 2019 onwards

How odd

Last edited:

Ganjora

the bowl size on the '21M is also smaller than before.
the cap hangs like a skirt over the tip.
also the digger outer now hits the bottom of the bowl while the bottom edge of the cap is miles away from the tip.
on my '19M the cap bounces in and out of the tip cut outs as you spin the tip with the digger outer inside cleaning.
not complaining, just noticing.
am totally satisfied with the '21M - heat the bottom millimeter of the cap (south of the captive indents), and go 5 seconds past the click for a complete clearing in 1 hit.
thought the 'contoured design for easy gripping' was bullshit, but actually this is the most comfortable dynavap in my collection to spin...

coolbreeze

I miss the days when we all just got high... Never thinking to argue with each other about the best way to do so. Simpler times
Oh, the arguments over the proper use of the one-hitter bowl....

Looking for a reliable pants pocket carry lighter for the DV and Anvil. Considering the DV Duality which has been out in the wild for a while now. Does anyone have experience with this lighter who could offer an opinion as to it’s build quality and reliability? Thanks.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-12-at-9-25-56-AM.png
You can get it dirt cheap with a black m, right now. It's not a great lighter, but I use it outside and it's not too bad. Just watched a vid somewhere where the toker used one in double mode for his anvil and it seemed to work fine.

My_50p_worth

What on earth was George thinking with his latest attempt at marketing?!

“harass people online for us and we’ll give you a voucher that’s only valid for a week”

If you’re looking for ideas it’s not like you’ve got an entire thread and subreddit filled with feedback on what your customers actually want, because trust me it ain’t this

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Used to go out and about with my purple heart dynstash xl for my omni but it didn’t hold much bud and certainly wasn’t smell proof, anyways got a jyarz for ground bud on the go and thought well why not get a slimstash, takes up less room in the pocket, so here’s mine in padauk, left the wife pick the wood:brow:
839-EAEEE-6-D78-4-D8-B-955-E-3171481-B7-ED2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi ,I’ve heard before but couldn’t find them then again on troy and jerry last night ,
the Armoured cap?
dont know if ive got the right name but can’t find anything like it any where ,
any body seen it used it ,?
if got 2 anvils but don’t really trust it’s materials ,a gut feeling I guess ,
anyway be good if dynavaps got this out ,and just me that cant find it ,
thanks guys
G

Top Bottom