BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Got my Karmavap yesterday, and decided to have a small sesh last night to try it out for the first time. The "bowl" portion was probably about half-filled with finely ground bud.

Of course, because I bragged about watching so many videos and reading so many posts, I just had to make a rookie mistake. When heating the cap, I mistook the first, softer click as the click, and stopped heating prematurely. I did that a few times in a row, wondering why I wasn't seeing much vapor. It wasn't until I happened to hear two distinct clicks while it was cooling down that it, well, clicked in my brain that I was supposed to hear two during the heating phase as well. I remembered one video mentioning a double click.

Sure enough, I tried two more hits in a row with the double click, and the second one gave me some good vapor. By that time, the tiny little bowl that I had packed was a very dull brown. I'll have to try again tonight.

For the record, I'd describe the sounds as a click -> snap! :sherlock:

@Tranquil every cap is different. I have owned several caps and only 1 or 2 does a double click on the heat up. Most I own have a single click on the heat up and a double on the cool down. Sometimes you can have a cap with a double click so close together that it sounds like a single click. There are all sorts of combinations.

I have one cap that does a third cool down click like 30-40 sec after the second (and scares the bejesus out of you).

I gave one to my father that has only one click either way. I figured it would be the easiest one for him to learn on (and he loves it).

You get to know your caps.

Last edited:

Tranquil

@Tranquil every cap is different. I have owned several caps and only 1 or 2 does a double click on the heat up. Most I own, have a single click on the heat up and a double on the cool down. Sometimes you can have a cap with a double click so close together that it sounds like a single click. There are all sorts of combinations.

I have one cap that does a third cool down click like 30-40 sec after the second (and scares the bejesus out of you).

I gave one to my father that has only one click either way. I figured it would be the easiest one for him to learn on (and he loves it).

You get to know your caps.
That's actually fascinating, and really good to know. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be extra careful not to assume that I "know the trick" now. I expect I still have a bit of experimentation and mental note-taking ahead of me before I figure out what leads to consistent results.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

That's actually fascinating, and really good to know. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be extra careful not to assume that I "know the trick" now. I expect I still have a bit of experimentation and mental note-taking ahead of me before I figure out what leads to consistent results.

The best thing about experimenting with vape equipment are the side effects. ;)

This topic had me focus this evening on my daily driver cap which sits on a 19M tip (The same type that @TommyDee will soon call his favorite over the 18M).

I thought it had a single heat up click, but in fact it has a double click so close together you wouldn't notice it unless you really paid attention.

GoldenBud

Using the M with a big ass brulee torch is a greeeaaaaat extraction if the sweet spot is found!

GoldenBud,

thunderstealer1337

Super excited for this Assassin stem to land on Friday... hate the waiting game!
how are you getting yours so late? they sold out within hours of launch and were shipped out within 24 hrs by creamcity vapes (mine was)

did you get a fancy $250 annodized one?

the hype is real, a spinning simrell intercooler is literally forcing the vapor into my bong, its absolutely insane!

the whoooshing sound is so intoxicating!!!!!!!!! its like a turbo spooling up :clap::rockon::):lol::brow:

Also its like my 6th bowl and its not stuck yet, maybe it always spinning it keep it less resiny??

here is vid of it spinning
h ttps://imgur.com/MmxY1ZM

dunno why fc is stripping the video, earlier it was showing now its just a line, the h ttps is seperated for now combine them an you will get the vid

Last edited:

GoldenBud

the hype is real, a spinning simrell intercooler is literally forcing the vapor into my bong, its absolutely insane!
It's insane and not insane in the same time. because if it's insane, then also the narrowing of the Acetone's/IPA's bottles are insane too. the flux becomes smaller in this case, the surface area is smaller, so in the Simrell stem the opposite occurs: bigger surface area > better convection, the flux (it's like the speed but the AREA is also calculated for this term) is better.

It's not insane because it's so simple idea but the application looks so damn neat in every photo or video I had ever seen.
My only question is; when the SS version, the low priced, will be out? I wouldn't think Ti is much better than SS for it's purposes. Vortex is the way to go imo, even with Stainless version. the flux should be much better, much turbolent flow.
I still wait for the day that SS vortex will be offered. the way is much important than the material (between these two) in that matter, imho.

GoldenBud,

BabyFacedFinster

how are you getting yours so late? they sold out within hours of launch and were shipped out within 24 hrs by creamcity vapes (mine was)

the whoooshing sound is so intoxicating!!!!!!!!! its like a turbo spooling up :clap::rockon::):lol::brow:

Also its like my 6th bowl and its not stuck yet, maybe it always spinning it keep it less resiny??

dunno why fc is stripping the video, earlier it was showing now its just a line, the h ttps is seperated for now combine them an you will get the vid

When I first saw the assassin, I thought it looked like a piece of plumbing and didn't like the shortness of the stem. But I didn't realize that with a simrell intercooler the damn thing is turbo charged.

Now I want a SS version also.

I wonder how Austin feels about his intercooler functioning even better in someone else's stem. :o

thunderstealer1337

If the internal simrell is larger then why does the intercooler get jammed in and stuck? This one has a smooth 7mm bore to allow it to freespin.

Without looking at either I would say the assassin has bigger chamber since the intercooler freely spins vs locked/jammed in no???

thunderstealer1337,

thunderstealer1337

It's super weird, try again without logging into your account. This happened on the 4th of July sale, I could not get freedom or all the other well used codes to work for me while everyone else kept posting up that they worked. I eventually didn't buy anything since it kept playing games on me, like code worked and showed the discount but next page went back to full price. It was super frustrating and I just gave up

thunderstealer1337,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

So excited to hear your thoughts!! Makes me even more stoked!

I did not order until late Thursday and it shipped the following day. When I ordered, there were a few 250 kits left, but I just got the raw Ti stem.
I cannot wait!

... I only hate I have to order a full Simrell just to get my hands on an intercooler.

FlyingLow,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
So excited to hear your thoughts!! Makes me even more stoked!

I did not order until late Thursday and it shipped the following day. When I ordered, there were a few 250 kits left, but I just got the raw Ti stem.
I cannot wait!

... I only hate I have to order a full Simrell just to get my hands on an intercooler.

$19.97 for just the intercooler, if I recall the same one is used in both the long & short Vortex stem, but double check, as this one linked doesn’t say, that’s another reason I think he only makes one size.

Unfortunately, as of this writing, it is currently OUT OF STOCK, maybe inquire on ETA. Good luck!

GoldenBud

Now I want a SS version also.
I really want to send him a message saying my suggestion haha because the timing is also good - people have less money to invest in vapes, it's time for the SS intercooler!
that would be the future of the "Honda Civic" of the family. SimreTii is still the Lambo
:science:
@RustyOldNail yeah it looks like that, it will be nice to have something like that for the M sizing
Not sure if ti/ss matters in this case of this part

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

I bought the intercooler for less then $15 from potv and it shipped here in like 2 days.

Do realize the stem needs to be vertical so the intercooler sits on its shoulders from gravity evenly and the intake air will spin the intercooler, any other way you hold the stem the intercooler drags against the body and the chance of getting it to spin is lil to none unless you got some insane vacuum lungs.

I am actually surprised how easy I can get it to spin - not hard to figure out I just have to hold the airport in like 3/4 covered, and after 2 days of use it is still spinning! I was expecting it to be like bb9 blueballs stuck on 3rd bowl and eventually gets so stuck no matter what cleanign you do they are frozen in the stem.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Sure enough, I tried two more hits in a row with the double click, and the second one gave me some good vapor. By that time, the tiny little bowl that I had packed was a very dull brown. I'll have to try again tonight.

Ignore the color of your ABV. That will fool you.
The herb in your bowl is good till it stops producing vapor.

almost there

View attachment 1839

Now that I've accepted the '19 tip and cap into the rotation, the combo needed a bit longer stem. This 4" soft taper slender piece should do the trick for the longer -sustained- draws.

I don't know what it is about this wood, it just washes out in pictures when using sunlight.
looking good, that extra length adds quite a bit of class:tup:

thunderstealer1337

Rumors are rolling around that cvaps are gone indefinitely, if this is true they prolly just went up in value, I've seen ppl pay $25-35 for a Cvap it's insane! I should prolly break down my omnixl bundle and remove the Cvap meow

thunderstealer1337,

thunderstealer1337

yea or tell the vendors to increase the qc/spot check

or even increase their sample sizes so they can figure out exactly when the bits on the machine get dull, this is a very simple run chart

if anything the quality should be improving yearly or even quarterly via vendor audits, what amazes me was the debris left over on 2020m, then they told their vendors about it and they started to ship sparkly clean, yet made no mention to the vendor to do the same process on the omnis which is like 2x+ the cost lol

or yea they were just too stoned to cc the other vendors when they wrote the 2020m email lol

thunderstealer1337,
  • Haha
Reactions: TommyDee

GoldenBud

is there a way to make a DIY cooling stem with the fat mouthpiece? maybe some beads? bigger than 3mm probably, 3mm blocks the hole.. I've just tried.. wonder if the ELEV8 beads (bigger ones) will make it better

StringTheorista

is there a way to make a DIY cooling stem with the fat mouthpiece? maybe some beads? bigger than 3mm probably, 3mm blocks the hole.. I've just tried.. wonder if the ELEV8 beads (bigger ones) will make it better
Yes. I’ve done it with a glass “taster”. Put the tip in the crimped end, fill with 6mm glass balls, then cap with the fat mouthpiece.

Top Bottom