ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
It depends on your definition of carburetor.
Technically a carburetor mixes air and fuel together so the way George describes using it is exactly a carb.
With old stoner bong lingo a carb is simply used to clear the bong.
So use it one way and it's a carb, use it differently and it's an airport.
A rose by any other name.
Perfect, Moses - exactly correct. Only air passing *thru* the tip can clear the tip - and the air port allows air directly into the vapor stream, not thru the tip.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That's Air Port... Not AirPort - George and the DV team LOL

Mouth Port
Tip Port
Air Port
Port of course being short for portal or station by function.

My biggest peeve in this society is people inventing new names for old definitions.
Us Boomers are set in our ways -and- our words. It's a fucking carb!

LabPong

Hence dynavap group made a video complete with Cad graphics showing you guys how this is not to be labeled as a carb and it's a airport.

It's clear, you guys should hit wpa with air holes and not, the terps imo don't get so baked and you get more flavorful terps when I feather the airports

Your saying wpa's should be use with or without AP/C? Sorry, not sure what you mean there with your wording.....

But with my almost 40 years of medicating and my crucial need for pain relieve.......my carbs are permanently blocked off for wpa use....and also for concentrate pad in the BB9/Ti setup.

I use my vapcaps for quick hits and fast relief.......and I have arizers and a few others for terp slurping when I want them.
It's a hole

Im an "air-hole" I guess........boomers gonna boom! 🧙‍♂️

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Here I was thinking carb ment, California Air Resources Board. I had to look it up.....😉

Definition of carburetor

: a mechanical apparatus for premixing vaporized fuel and air in proper proportions and supplying the mixture to an internal combustion engine.

I'm gunna start referring to my lungs, as my internal combustion engine. 🤪

Air port
Carb
Air intake
Duct hole
Conduit opening
Scuttle (if you consider you DV to be a vessel)
Bore (no medication)
Port hole (pre medication)
Portal (post medication)
Air-breathing missile (excessive medication)

I love these air intake centered philosophical discussions. 😘

But seriously...... why do I find the vapor harsher with the air port open? It should be cooler right? 🥶

ZZREAPER

Dynavap 2020 M Review +Tips & Tricks

Ok, so I am fairly new to the dry herb vaping game. Not the vaping game though. I have been using a vaporizer for the better part of the last 8 years or so. Other vapes that are in my collection currently are the CFC 2.0 by Boundless Vapes, the Runt by Sticky Brick Labs, and the Ditanium desktop unit. All, except the CFC 2.0 are pretty heavy hitters. I’m not going to lie, when I first used the M after reading review after review and watching video after video, I was ..... not entirely impressed. But, something in the back of my head told me to keep trying, and perfecting the technique. After about a week of use I now realize my first perception of this tiny mind altering device is exceptional. I can micro dose, I can rip through a bowl in two heat cycles. It’s great.

Use

I am going to skip all the way to packing, heating, and enjoying.

The Pack- I use a Santa Cruz Shredder for my grinding needs. It works, and works well and is consistent with all my vapes. I have the DynaStash so I load that, I don’t pack it in, just load until it’s full enough. (For those who are scratching their heads, about 1/4 from the top of the stash) When I’m ready to load I let the weight of the M do the work and twist until the bowl is packed.

The Burn- The 3 flame torch sent with my unit works great for heating up the M. I did try a single flame torch with, flavorful but not what I’m looking for. Go for the 3 flame. When heating I go back and forth in a slow steady twist. DO NOT STOP TWISTING WHEN HEATING. Wait for the “Click” and off you go. Get the cap down in the flames, I use 2 to the base of the cap, and 1 closer to the tip.

The Draw- Between proper heating and the art of the draw you can get pretty large flavorful clouds from this device. What do I do that works for me you ask. I get the carb holes lined up between my thumb and fore finger and draw for about 3 to 5 seconds. It may be a little warm. The pull should be similar to pulling on a straw if not a little lighter during the 3 to 5 seconds. After that initial draw becomes the fun part. I like to call it the DynaTwist. I rock that thing back and forth pulling from one carb hole then the other until I can’t pull anymore, or I get back to the “Click”. After that repeat. I usually can get 2-3 good draws per full size bowl using this method.

Rinse and Repeat

I have a habit of cleaning the ever living hell out of everything I use. Screens are a big part of airflow. Just like the filter on your furnace, you need to change your screens. On all your prices. NOW! Now that that’s out of the way. I throw in my spare screen about every three days after daily use. Give the used screen a little scrub a dub dub with some iso and your ready to change in the future. Changing the filter on the M is relatively easy, if you are easy. Don’t rush it, it’s a small screen. Push it in with a tool nice and gently and you off to the races once again.

If you made it this far thanks for reading. I hope you get something out of this that will help you enjoy your device. Any questions, message me. I’d be glad to shoot the breeze.

Have a great day everyone

🔥🔥🤘🏻 ZZ REAPER

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Dynavap 2020 M Review +Tips & Tricks

Ok, so I am fairly new to the dry herb vaping game. Not the vaping game though. I have been using a vaporizer for the better part of the last 8 years or so. Other vapes that are in my collection currently are the CFC 2.0 by Boundless Vapes, the Runt by Sticky Brick Labs, and the Ditanium desktop unit. All, except the CFC 2.0 are pretty heavy hitters. I’m not going to lie, when I first used the M after reading review after review and watching video after video, I was ..... not entirely impressed. But, something in the back of my head told me to keep trying, and perfecting the technique. After about a week of use I now realize my first perception of this tiny mind altering device is exceptional. I can micro dose, I can rip through a bowl in two heat cycles. It’s great.

Use

I am going to skip all the way to packing, heating, and enjoying.

The Pack- I use a Santa Cruz Shredder for my grinding needs. It works, and works well and is consistent with all my vapes. I have the DynaStash so I load that, I don’t pack it in, just load until it’s full enough. (For those who are scratching their heads, about 1/4 from the top of the stash) When I’m ready to load I let the weight of the M do the work and twist until the bowl is packed.

The Burn- The 3 flame torch sent with my unit works great for heating up the M. I did try a single flame torch with, flavorful but not what I’m looking for. Go for the 3 flame. When heating I go back and forth in a slow steady twist. DO NOT STOP TWISTING WHEN HEATING. Wait for the “Click” and off you go. Get the cap down in the flames, I use 2 to the base of the cap, and 1 closer to the tip.

The Draw- Between proper heating and the art of the draw you can get pretty large flavorful clouds from this device. What do I do that works for me you ask. I get the carb holes lined up between my thumb and fore finger and draw for about 3 to 5 seconds. It may be a little warm. The pull should be similar to pulling on a straw if not a little lighter during the 3 to 5 seconds. After that initial draw becomes the fun part. I like to call it the DynaTwist. I rock that thing back and forth pulling from one carb hole then the other until I can’t pull anymore, or I get back to the “Click”. After that repeat. I usually can get 2-3 good draws per full size bowl using this method.

Rinse and Repeat

I have a habit of cleaning the ever living hell out of everything I use. Screens are a big part of airflow. Just like the filter on your furnace, you need to change your screens. On all your prices. NOW! Now that that’s out of the way. I throw in my spare screen about every three days after daily use. Give the used screen a little scrub a dub dub with some iso and your ready to change in the future. Changing the filter on the M is relatively easy, if you are easy. Don’t rush it, it’s a small screen. Push it in with a tool nice and gently and you off to the races once again.

If you made it this far thanks for reading. I hope you get something out of this that will help you enjoy your device. Any questions, message me. I’d be glad to shoot the breeze.

Have a great day everyone

🔥🔥🤘🏻 ZZ REAPER

Welcome @ZZREAPER. You're certainly not the first person that needed to keep using a DV in order to realize that you like it. I spent the better part of 2+ years going back and forth with it. It wasn't until I paired the device with an induction heater that I realized how much I enjoyed it. Your technique may change over time, even if just to explore new ways.

Also, using the mouthpull method with a vapcap stem is the closest I'm gonna come to the ritual of smoking a joint again. For many years I used most of my vapes through water and disliked dry stems. That joint-like ritual changed me (for now) to a dry stem vaper. My throat much prefers a bubbler, but over time I have gotten used to the drier vapor. It's not just the heat of a hit that iritates, it's also the lack of humidity.

Whatever you do, don't get drawn into the recent conversation about holes. It is the Devil's playground. :evil:
"and the Devil will drag you under, by the sharp lapel of your checkered coat" - Stubby Kaye

thunderstealer1337

Your saying wpa's should be use with or without AP/C? Sorry, not sure what you mean there with your wording.....

But with my almost 40 years of medicating and my crucial need for pain relieve.......my carbs are permanently blocked off for wpa use....and also for concentrate pad in the BB9/Ti setup.

I use my vapcaps for quick hits and fast relief.......and I have arizers and a few others for terp slurping when I want them.

Im an "air-hole" I guess........boomers gonna boom! 🧙‍♂️

I am saying to give the oem design a try, using dynacaps through wpa or without wpa, open or closing the air port.

I have 3 dedicated waterwands, they are by far the easiest way to milk the bong, but you lack flavor when doing it this way - it is super clear when you back to back with waterwand and stems with airports.

Give it a try, you may think the way you use the tool is the most efficient/effective way, however that is NOT the intent of the design as informed through the video.

To aide in my discovery (vape has more flavor when using airport vs not using), I am in the process of changing out waterwands to wpa stems with airports just like these 2:

lightsaber stem
OlD4ath.jpg

VoXDmO5.jpg

aiT2TtM.jpg

this is a simrell intercooler that freely spins in the stem when drawing!
tlOIQ93.jpg

4Y9volJ.jpg

the assassin is being ran via a carb right now with just a simrell intercooler, I can put in a dynavap condenser but please note this will make the carb hole become a airport per Dynavaps designs.

SFvsIlj.jpg

jZvtbbW.jpg

zjzPoIT.jpg

this is NOT a carb hole since it has a dynavap condenser in it making it a airport :)

shopdognyc

Just got the Omnivap. It heats faster for me and I get bigger clouds early on.

Someone called the M a Honda I think, the Omnivap a Lexus, and the Simrell a Lamboghini.

How is the experience more? What about with a BB9?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Omni is a beast of its own. I have no problem with metered air which is what makes the Omni special. Vortex is a means to a longer air path.

I'm all for a normally-closed air port. No need to find it but when you need it, you'll have found it while drawing. Use it just to clear the stem or modulate yourself with a button press. This is the next cool air port I can envision.

GoldenBud

Someone called the M a Honda I think, the Omnivap a Lexus, and the Simrell a Lamboghini.
The Vortex has more surface area than the XL Condenser for the air to mix with the vapor so, on paper, the vapor from the simrell should be cooler to the inhaler.
Need to see some tests but also the Omni is a beast - I've tried it, totally pumps vapor like a desktop device
Never tried the Simrell but it seems like it cools the vapor to the next level.
the air is an inorganic gas when the vapor is an organic gas, so the vortex helps them mix together.

Last edited:

shopdognyc

I got the Dynavap bug. Started with the 2020 M. Just got in the Omnivap, regular size. May have to get an XL at some point. BB9 on route and a Omnivong just why not to try.

Decided to swap out the condenser with an XL to add a mouthpiece. Since I have a standard condenser I’m wondering what to do.

Anyone Frankenstein their spare parts and make another one? Thinking of a Omnivong Stem, but not sure if I want a SS too or Titanium.

shopdognyc,

StringTheorista

I may not be sophisticated enough to differentiate the vapor from my simrell shortie and my omni xl. They both produce large amounts of fluffy vapor.

I agree with whoever said one’s technique will change over time. A year ago I had all my airports blocked and used mouth to lung technique. These days it’s airports open, long slow draw. Then I’ll go through a phase of using just “carb-less” glass stems. I think part of why this device has such a devoted following is that you can do so many different things with it, from personalizing with artisan stems and stashes, to microdosing, to lung-busting hits, through water, dry, varying heating approaches It’s simple to use, and then down the rabbit-hole you go. Keeps it fresh.

PS I have found an approach for my alpine IH that has, finally, led to good results. I still want that dynavap cup IH that was teased 2 years ago, though, the one with the storage compartments inside...

Tranquil

Got my Karmavap yesterday, and decided to have a small sesh last night to try it out for the first time. The "bowl" portion was probably about half-filled with finely ground bud.

Of course, because I bragged about watching so many videos and reading so many posts, I just had to make a rookie mistake. When heating the cap, I mistook the first, softer click as the click, and stopped heating prematurely. I did that a few times in a row, wondering why I wasn't seeing much vapor. It wasn't until I happened to hear two distinct clicks while it was cooling down that it, well, clicked in my brain that I was supposed to hear two during the heating phase as well. I remembered one video mentioning a double click.

Sure enough, I tried two more hits in a row with the double click, and the second one gave me some good vapor. By that time, the tiny little bowl that I had packed was a very dull brown. I'll have to try again tonight.

For the record, I'd describe the sounds as a click -> snap! :sherlock:

shopdognyc

Got my Karmavap yesterday, and decided to have a small sesh last night to try it out for the first time. The "bowl" portion was probably about half-filled with finely ground bud.

Of course, because I bragged about watching so many videos and reading so many posts, I just had to make a rookie mistake. When heating the cap, I mistook the first, softer click as the click, and stopped heating prematurely. I did that a few times in a row, wondering why I wasn't seeing much vapor. It wasn't until I happened to hear two distinct clicks while it was cooling down that it, well, clicked in my brain that I was supposed to hear two during the heating phase as well. I remembered one video mentioning a double click.

Sure enough, I tried two more hits in a row with the double click, and the second one gave me some good vapor. By that time, the tiny little bowl that I had packed was a very dull brown. I'll have to try again tonight.

For the record, I'd describe the sounds as a click -> snap! :sherlock:

I've noticed that second click may not come out right away. My Omnivap I did a couple cycles with nothing in. Initially was just one click, then later did get the second click afterwards. Not sure if that is intentional or something specific to me.

StringTheorista

Whats the approach? I just got an Apollo 2, and have a Caldron en route from Pipes.
I think it’s gonna be different from the Apollo. I understand the Apollo heats slowly, and I kind of wish I’d gotten it instead. I got the alpine inexpensively to see whether I like IH, but it’s really not quite ready for prime time. I lucked out, personally, in that mine was not broken when it arrived. Reddit is full of stories from folks with different experience. I would not recommend anyone pay full price for an alpine.

The Alpine is fast, like 5 seconds to click. So for first heat-up, I pulse in and out (longer time out than in, to allow heat to soak) until the click, which stretches it closer to 12-15 seconds. Subsequent heat-ups I just hold it down until click. This technique might work with the cauldron, which I hear is also a fast heater. This is my technique with a ti tip. Might have to tweak it for a steel tip

shopdognyc

I think it’s gonna be different from the Apollo. I understand the Apollo heats slowly, and I kind of wish I’d gotten it instead. I got the alpine inexpensively to see whether I like IH, but it’s really not quite ready for prime time. I lucked out, personally, in that mine was not broken when it arrived. Reddit is full of stories from folks with different experience. I would not recommend anyone pay full price for an alpine.

The Alpine is fast, like 5 seconds to click. So for first heat-up, I pulse in and out (longer time out than in, to allow heat to soak) until the click, which stretches it closer to 12-15 seconds. Subsequent heat-ups I just hold it down until click. This technique might work with the cauldron, which I hear is also a fast heater. This is my technique with a ti tip. Might have to tweak it for a steel tip

I'll have to experiment with that. The first heat does take some time. Fairly new with the Apollo 2, I caught myself trying to heat again right after my first pull. First pull with an Omnivap gives nice clouds. First pull with a 2020 M light clouds.

Subsequent attempts the clicks come much faster. I get so much clouds with the Omnivap I have to stop. Very eager to get the bubbler.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
20200811_112255.jpg

Now that I've accepted the '19 tip and cap into the rotation, the combo needed a bit longer stem. This 4" soft taper slender piece should do the trick for the longer -sustained- draws.

I don't know what it is about this wood, it just washes out in pictures when using sunlight.

Top Bottom