Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
So I did but a dynafriend adviced me to keep the airport opened because this way I can make the cap cools faster (first hit highest temp , airport opened, then half opened in the next 2 hits of the bowl)
But I guess if i want the full experience - high temps - it's better to leave the airport closed?
thanks
Lots of ways to enjoy DV, that's the beauty. Try it out different ways and see what you like. I prefer blocked (or no carbs) on my DV's.

StringTheorista

How is that possible? the air convection has nothing to do with it actually?
My understanding is that the air that enters through the airport pulls vapor from below the CCD, while with airport blocked, all air is coming under the cap. More air under the ca and through the load means it cools faster. There’s a cool video from a few years back where Geprge explains how the airport works, and why it’s not a carb

GoldenBud

Thanks alot. forgot about his great videos. the M is a beast with a closed airport, no doubt.
I got his point - the air isn't gonna cool the tip because how it builds. it give you more options this way.

EDIT: ok I find it much smarter to leave the airport opened in the first hit, and mostly closed in the second and the third hit. thanks guys for the help.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@GoldenBud - your buddy is correct if you do this;

XL condenser in a standard stem.
20200529_224614.jpg

This forces air through the cooling fin region.
If you mate it with a Ti tip instead of a stainless tip, the air port would not function as well because it will act like an Omni set at half or so.

Lego-Vapes

GoldenBud

If you mate it with a Ti tip instead of a stainless tip, the air port would not function as well because it will act like an Omni set at half or so.
You made me think about something, the simrell stem, how the airport works there? as a regular carb?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: jds

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thanks alot. forgot about his great videos. the M is a beast with a closed airport, no doubt.
I got his point - the air isn't gonna cool the tip because how it builds. it give you more options this way.

EDIT: ok I find it much smarter to leave the airport opened in the first hit, and mostly closed in the second and the third hit. thanks guys for the help.

I'm the opposite of that. I mostly or completely close the airport for at least the first hit to get it going. Then I start to open it up a little more on the second hit, and then fully open and feathering for subsequent hits.

That's if I'm using an M or other Dynavap with an airport. Most of the stems I use at home don't have an airport.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
If I'm hitting it straight aka native, I love to close the airport on my 19M and do a slow mouthpull :brow: heat and repeat.......heat and repeat. Smoother experience for me. I like it mouthpull style.👹

Through water I prefer the 20M, do a pre heat then heat it real hot like 💪 put it on my piece, leave the airport wide open and suck on that bad boy as hard as you can.....i mean real hard....have i said hard enough times yet? :cool:
Free flowing with a massive rip or two, hot and hard people......hot and hard. 👌

I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it.....MOVE IT. :whip:

Tranquil

I have a Karmavap (19M) on the way thanks to the inestimable @Jill NYC. Since the Tinymight I ordered last month still hasn't shipped, the Dyna will end up being my very first vape. I'm really excited about it. I ordered a little storage tube for it, and the "launch pad" magnetic stand.

I've watched a ton of videos and read so many posts about different techniques and tips. Can't wait to find my groove and finally be able to say "fuck cumbustion." :rockon:

GoldenBud

I have a Karmavap (19M) on the way thanks to the inestimable @Jill NYC. Since the Tinymight I ordered last month still hasn't shipped, the Dyna will end up being my very first vape. I'm really excited about it. I ordered a little storage tube for it, and the "launch pad" magnetic stand.

I've watched a ton of videos and read so many posts about different techniques and tips. Can't wait to find my groove and finally be able to say "fuck cumbustion." :rockon:
it's a totally beast, don't go the highest temp on your first try ! :wave:
I recommend you to get an Aomai lighter if you can find one

Tranquil

it's a totally beast, don't go the highest temp on your first try ! :wave:
I recommend you to get an Aomai lighter if you can find one
Thank you for your advice. I think I have a great starter lighter on the way along with the Karmavap. I have some premium butane ready to go to fill 'er up! I may look into pricier lighters down the road, but for now I think I'm good to go.

I'll take it slow. I've read that heating toward the tip will give cooler, tastier hits, so I'll begin there and maybe do a mouth pull for a follow up hit. I almost never take more than two hits in a sesh, so I don't think I'll be getting my vapor too hot.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
If I'm hitting it straight aka native, I love to close the airport on my 19M and do a slow mouthpull :brow: heat and repeat.......heat and repeat. Smoother experience for me. I like it mouthpull style.👹

Through water I prefer the 20M, do a pre heat then heat it real hot like 💪 put it on my piece, leave the airport wide open and suck on that bad boy as hard as you can.....i mean real hard....have i said hard enough times yet? :cool:
Free flowing with a massive rip or two, hot and hard people......hot and hard. 👌

I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it.....MOVE IT. :whip:
You got an XL condenser? Put that in the '20 and hit that hard as you are doing. It'll be thicker even with the '20 SS tip. Not omni like but adding the express hard draw -will- make a difference. You might be able to relax that HARD draw by 15-20%
...and if nothing else, it keeps the tip's bore cleaner.

Hey @Tranquil - Welcome to your new obsession! :tup: VapCaps sometimes take a bit of wrangling but they do relent eventually.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I think I have a great starter lighter on the way along with the Karmavap.
If you're going to get a triple torch, I wouldn't recommend it. that's why:
I believe that the most people won't watch many reviews before they get the device. that's why it would be easier for THEM, to control the device.
not you. you watched many reviews, and you can benefit the control of 1 single torch, more accurate, more real experience, IMHO.

The triple torch is meant to be used by the average noob, not the one who watched and learned before.

**If you're gonna get a single torch, my message is canceled.

LabPong

lol this makes me laugh a bit. I never really watched this vid closely in the past.

George makes the reason why he labels the hole as a "Airport". He states that it has more function than a carb then just letting air in to clear the chamber.

For me...it is the exact same thing with a fancy word....but it also has other effects of use which is a bonus and very cool. But it is what it is.....it is the exact same action no matter what you label it.....it lets in outside air! So call it what you want and do not get carb shamed! lol :borg:

BOOM ..... MECHANICAL SCIENCE .....lol

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@LabPong – To me there's a major difference. A carb on for example a bong will simply clear the air channel when being opened, while the airport on a DV, even when fully open, will still let vapor being drawn from the chamber. You can use a DV while leaving the airport open all the time.

I don't think it's just fancy naming, I think George tries to make us aware of the different options. I was pretty surprised when I had my first session without shutting the airport at all.

Siebter,
Reactions: Planck

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
It depends on your definition of carburetor.
Technically a carburetor mixes air and fuel together so the way George describes using it is exactly a carb.
With old stoner bong lingo a carb is simply used to clear the bong.
So use it one way and it's a carb, use it differently and it's an airport.
A rose by any other name.

GoldenBud

It depends on your definition of carburetor.
Technically a carburetor mixes air and fuel together so the way George describes using it is exactly a carb.
With old stoner bong lingo a carb is simply used to clear the bong.
So use it one way and it's a carb, use it differently and it's an airport.
A rose by any other name.
Agreed.
It can be referred as a "Carb" if the other side of the conversation understands that it's a carb which gets the air away from the inhaler, not to him, like a regular carb. and then the air can be mixed with the vapor, not "clearing" it exactly.

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: Siebter

thunderstealer1337

Hence dynavap group made a video complete with Cad graphics showing you guys how this is not to be labeled as a carb and it's a airport.

It's clear, you guys should hit wpa with air holes and not, the terps imo don't get so baked and you get more flavorful terps when I feather the airports

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Hence dynavap group made a video complete with Cad graphics showing you guys how this is not to be labeled as a carb and it's a airport.

It's clear, you guys should hit wpa with air holes and not, the terps imo don't get so baked and you get more flavorful terps when I feather the airports
yea I also like to leave it opened when I don't have any bubbler around...better taste too... even on the highest temp....

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom