ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Tried my M on a Grav bubbler. Really enjoyed it, and dry. Was able to pull a significantly more using that. My Omni didn't quite fit the 10mm hole, but could kind of hold it in place.
I when to the LIQUOR BARN on BEACH BLVD in the city I reside & bought wine-0-vac sealers & to my surprise they work with a VAP CAP (“M” or OMNI).
However some of the SMOKE SHOP’S have glass reducer bushing’s that work.
I have 18mm on most of my WP.
I need some for my 14mm?

Mr.Sifter

shopdognyc

The 2020 M has a nice taper and works well. The Omnivap just goes in so much. Which it could hold the whole mouthpiece portion.

I just got the BB9. The tip seems a bit wobbly. Is this just how it sits?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: ataxian

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Folks have talked about IH's causing caps to form an indentation or dimple. Maybe it's just for IH's that are activated by depressing the vapcap? I didn't think much of it until I looked today, and sure enough...

Have people seen this affect the functioning of a cap?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Folks have talked about IH's causing caps to form an indentation or dimple. Maybe it's just for IH's that are activated by depressing the vapcap? I didn't think much of it until I looked today, and sure enough...

Using a Fluxer Deluxe, I have not noticed any indentations on my caps, I’m pressing down on a flat glass cap, that covers the switch. However, I believe the downward pressure does effect how the clicks behave. To avoid combustion, I pull as soon as I hear or feel any click, as the 2nd click if there is one, I may not feel or hear. Add to that, every cap being slightly different click wise, and it’s an adventure.

Alexis

Hey guys. Real quicikie to say- I used my Omnivap tonight.

Most days in fact, since 2016.

So quick, easy, effective and efficient.

A mixture of this year's early pulled Bluedream automatic and auto Cinderella Jack.

Lovely anyhow.

Hope everybody here is well. Great work vapcap.!

Edit- I forgot to say before- huge big love going out to the whole crowd here. This thread has burst with positivity and optimisim, since it's conception.

A measure of how many great people participate here. It is always remarkably uplifting to me personally to visit and engage here with you all, however briefly.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor

I know Dynatec is very proud of their soft-actuating switch and they should be. The Alpine 2020 switch is annoyingly tough but there is a thick pad.
I have dents in my '18 cap from darting to the ground a few times. Works like a swiss watch.
Give me a remote fire button option anytime.

Alexis

I know Dynatec is very proud of their soft-actuating switch and they should be. The Alpine 2020 switch is annoyingly tough but there is a thick pad.
I have dents in my '18 cap from darting to the ground a few times. Works like a swiss watch.
Give me a remote fire button option anytime.
I have an OG Pipes jarhead IH. However I never really got on with it because I why I found it impossible to get an even extraction without overcooking the top of the load before the bottom was very under extracted and taste was suffering far before clouds dropped off heavily.

It could have just been my unit itself but I gave up on it entirely years ago for the torch method where I can get consistent and even extraction once dialled down.

So I just wanted to ask you if you don't mind are you aware of any significant improvements in this model you speak of of with regards to even extraction and more consistent results without having to go past the click to the point of combustion or otherwise risk worthlessly wispy hits.

I found that line to draw quite difficult myself and I frequently combusted with my induction heater.

I just wondered if the official Dynavap models, like the one you mention are a significant improvement in these regards?

Alexis,

shopdognyc

BB9 and Titanium Tip Fit

Just got my BB9, with a titanium tip. I was expecting a really snug fit but doesn’t seem too great. Doesn’t fall out without a nudge.

Is this what to expect from this combo?

I swapped out my stainless steel, and the fit doesn’t seem as solid on my M 2020.

Have people swapped out with thicker rings?

shopdognyc,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Alexis

I suspect you would like the performance of the Apollo better because it is noted to be slower by a few seconds. There are also 2S battery version portables that will be a lot tamer than the JarHead. Although I must say, if you put a JarHead up for sale, I don't know how it would last long.

I use to 'stir' mid-bowl. I haven't had to do that lately. I also haven't had combustion events. I attribute this to tuning the IH. When it clicks it is perfect, in other words. I use a 7-8 second heat-up cycle and it is very well done. And I immediately go for a 3-count dip at least twice... all for the same draw. At the end I assess by removing the cap and inspecting the bake. On de-bowling, there is some difference but not enough to fret over. It'll spice up the ABV. I do this with a '18 tip and cap, by far the hottest coupling option. I warn about the '20 VC and IH only to say check with others.

I tune the IH 2 ways - 1, time to proper temp [not just a click] is voltage and coil related. Apollo should slow the bake for you. The coil position is 2. Not easily adjustable but this is how to time the clicker with the right bake. Fluxer has this figured out so the user can adjust. You can adjust the Caldron and the PSM. The MagHeater has an adjustment lever built in. Apollo hasn't weighed in on this option as yet.

And stay tuned. Within a month Dynatec is announcing 2 new models. This is getting exciting because Fluxer to is talking a new release.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have really been digging my new Assassin stem! Will have a lot more to post in the coming days...

I have not yet tried all the configurations, but as an Omni user for YEARS, for the first time I am asking- have there been any advances/changes to the condenser over the years? I know there have been many versions of the cap/tip, but no-one ever seems to discuss condenser design.

I dug up my OG, first generation glassy Ti VapCap and am using its condenser. Later tonight, I am going to go sans condenser to turn the airport into a carb. Cheers!

StringTheorista

BB9 and Titanium Tip Fit

Just got my BB9, with a titanium tip. I was expecting a really snug fit but doesn’t seem too great. Doesn’t fall out without a nudge.

I swapped out my stainless steel, and the fit doesn’t seem as solid on my M 2020.

A simple trick to fine tune fit in glass stems, since they can vary slightly, is to remove the grey o-rings from the tip, wind a little bit of cotton thread (not nylon, it will melt) In the grooves, and then reinstall the o-rings on top of the thread. You can get it to the exact level of snugness you prefer this way

thunderstealer1337

Don't you guys get more charring on your loads? When inserting them into the ih cap down first using gravity and pressure on vapcap to engage activation switch?

This is main reason I hit it attached to wpa and upside down, and why I like the external button on the vhb ih.

My strains all act a lil differently, and you know how some kinda expand when heated up, even packing to 90% fill line some expand and charred touching the cap - super common on my caldron.

thunderstealer1337,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hello Ataxian. Good to see you.

the new 2020 M version has a 10mm taper.
Previous M Models need a fat mouthpiece or a but of silicone tube to work with 14mm ;)

If you are not in a hurry, DHGate offers a complete set of step-down glass adapters.
18 to 14, and 14 to 10.

Decent advice?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There is always a little char that drops on the cap's clicker @thunderstealer1337 . That is why a harsh clicker at the bottom of the coil should be frowned upon. The remote on the VHB is and always was a welcome addition. I use one on FlatPack out of preference. Often, pulling a cap when you taste that char can avoid a combustion event while reaping a gnarly dense little cloud of the good stuff.

LabPong

BB9 and Titanium Tip Fit

I have one that fits not as tight as the others I have. I replaced the orings on the tip I use with the looser fitting one....it did get halfway better and is very usable now.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
My Sunday morning review.
I got my vape spittoon from @Delta3DStudios a few weeks ago. This thing rocks. Simple design, easy to use, clean and contained. When your bowl is finished just remove your cap, stick your tip in the hole and blow. I pack my bowls pretty full and it's like a little popgun when the ABV plug shoots out but it works well with loose packs, too. Very cool. Plus blowing the hot ABV out seems to keep the tips cleaner than digging it out. Highly recommended.

blinds.jpg

Alexis

@Alexis

I suspect you would like the performance of the Apollo better because it is noted to be slower by a few seconds. There are also 2S battery version portables that will be a lot tamer than the JarHead. Although I must say, if you put a JarHead up for sale, I don't know how it would last long.

I use to 'stir' mid-bowl. I haven't had to do that lately. I also haven't had combustion events. I attribute this to tuning the IH. When it clicks it is perfect, in other words. I use a 7-8 second heat-up cycle and it is very well done. And I immediately go for a 3-count dip at least twice... all for the same draw. At the end I assess by removing the cap and inspecting the bake. On de-bowling, there is some difference but not enough to fret over. It'll spice up the ABV. I do this with a '18 tip and cap, by far the hottest coupling option. I warn about the '20 VC and IH only to say check with others.

I tune the IH 2 ways - 1, time to proper temp [not just a click] is voltage and coil related. Apollo should slow the bake for you. The coil position is 2. Not easily adjustable but this is how to time the clicker with the right bake. Fluxer has this figured out so the user can adjust. You can adjust the Caldron and the PSM. The MagHeater has an adjustment lever built in. Apollo hasn't weighed in on this option as yet.

And stay tuned. Within a month Dynatec is announcing 2 new models. This is getting exciting because Fluxer to is talking a new release.
Hey thanks very much for your reply and detailed insight. Much apppreciated. The basic flaw with the Jarhead in particular, and maybe other models I wouldn't know- it heats the tip of the cap only, or at least primarily.

Which means that whenever I was using the Jarhead, it was essential to always go past the click. I hate getting almost invisible hits after a click.

With my torches, preferring single flame lately, I can pretty much guarantee every hit is more or less equal, and just right in terms of size, density without being too harsh or hot for my sensitive allergy prone lungs.

I NEVER combust with a torch. Not for a couple years now, except maybe one event when music was loud, doh! :doh:.

But with the IH, stopping at or just shortly after the click, never gave me a satisfying, and always very unpredictable hit.

2.5 seconds past click would be almost right, but a fraction over led to frequent combustion. Or underwhelming, wispy vapor.

I could never consitently draw that line right. I had to really concentrate, with anxiety about the timing.

My judgement would decline as effects increased, hence more combustion, which often was the result of overcompensatiing after one or two unsatisfactory hits.

I always found my top charred, and green nearer the bottom.

Pipes told me to adjust the depth of the coil in the glass. Indeed, lower down takes longer to click, and supposedly heats further down the cap, less focussed on the tip.

Howevere I still never got it right. I felt I was missing out on what the vapcap gives me. And the taste was less pleasant.

And yes sure, I have no doubt many people would snap my hand off for it. I barely used it, stored clean since 2016, I only plan to sell it but have been so unwell for recent years only daily essentials have been on the cards.

I would only want about £50 plus shipping for the unit, much cheaper than the current, newer high tech alternatives. I do hope to find an appreciative new onwer for it sooner or later.

In the meantime, one day at a time, simple survival is the name of the game.

@TommyDee thanks again mate for your thorough reply, hioe you are well.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
We are well, thank you @Alexis . I very much take your statement to heart with regard to not having the IH tuned for one's needs. Right now, that is the difference between my tuned DIY IH and the Alpine 2020. The A'20 also needs tuning and the maker is making concessions similar to what was suggested for the JarHead. Let's see what Dynatec comes up with. If they've been paying attention, maybe they've tackled this challenge.

Of course, as you've mastered the torch, any IH will have an uphill battle to meet your satisfaction. Good on you! It is time the IH worked for us instead of the other way around. :D

All the best to you and yours.

Top Bottom