Hippie

There are some affiliate codes throughout the thread which wil usually get you about 10% off or free shipping from Dynavap, and a kickback for whoever the code is registered to
A lot of the reviewers have their own affiliate code so you may want to check their site and support one of them or search through the thread to find one posted by a member you might want to support.

For example Bud VapeCritic's code Stayup gives you free shipping at the moment
as I say tho, there are a few others posted in the thread to choose from

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@stark1 - yep, that.

I've been giving the '19-M tip and cap a go for the last few days in my regular med-sessions. I married the tip up with a fresh shorter Quince stem and went for it. The stem is 3-1/3" long.

First of all, the clicker on the '19 is nearly simultaneous. Makes for a long wait for the IH to finally get there. Really like the '18 where I get nearly 4 seconds of forewarning. Keep one engaged rather than worrying they missed their click.

The '19 tip has a little less IH coupling than the '18 and therefore takes about another second to the click. With the '18 cap having a spacer, the '19 sits a little deeper in the IH. This makes for a good hot load on par with the '18. Draw resistance is very much like my modified '18.

There is a difference and I am not sure what it is. I am having a little harder time getting good dark ABV. It took a little extra effort to get there. Part of this is the harshness of the shorter stem. With a 4-1/4" stem, I can vacate the bowl with relative ease. With a 3-1/3" stem I get harshness in the throat. Being that heat drops off exponentially, this is not surprising. A 5" wooden stem is heaven for uninterrupted cooling. So stem length has a lot to do with vaping comfort from an VC in my book.

Given the choice, yes, my '18 VC with mods is everything a '19 is with a little more consistency in my view. I believe the semantics of the click is somewhat moot but worth noting, and improved draw resistance of the '19 is a real plus.

The harshness of the short stem is more pronounced in a sip&dip or continuous draw cap full. Taking straight forward draws at the click are not nearly as harsh on the throat where a cap represents 3 or 4 serious hits even with this shorter stem.

I'll be going back to my '18 long-stem VC but this was a good comparison to understand the differences of these two VC's and stem length.

Yes, I know, that's a '20 tip. It had its chance, and blew it.
20200801_130152.jpg

Last edited:

LabPong

Ha, yeah I probably do use "too much", gotta waste it to taste it. As far as seepage, there was none, I'm sure if I loaded the coil a few more times that might become an issue. The unit was freshly cleaned right before use, and the coil was removed and soaked in ISO immediately after that session. I appreciate the tips for conservation but that's not my style at all, stuff is too cheap for me to bother with saving every last bit, but I do remember those days and feel the infinite pain that comes from that situation haha

As for those metal pads.. how hard is it to remove those things after they been used? That would be my biggest concern as my dynavap is more for herb than oil.

Super easy, take poker and push out pad from bottom of tip. 📍

There's really no reason to make them cheaper, it's a different design with limited supply - I'm sure there's some demand for the original ones. We have some 2018's on our site. I had one of the glass ones George sent for test fitting when we started making stashes, didn't even have a lasered cap was a real early one, it's probably worth more right

Anybody interested in a bb9 stash? would be tall like 6"

:wave:

I do not understand why Dynavap never did this....even a simple 6' doob tube would of been nice. But a cool stash with room for my 7th floor poker......yea.....im down for 1 or 2 possibly!

Last edited:
LabPong,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It’s had its “chance”, and blew it?

Remember this? “Mod Scents”

Yes, we want to get back to that and IH! Never seen those before though.

Thanks for the spell-check there teach :whip:

...oh - serious question @stark1 - how are you not 'sensitive' to brass?

TommyDee,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
True, I meant the vape attached to it. These are simple coil heaters, right? Do they keep up if you did a on-demand draw once you've clicked the cap?

TommyDee,

thunderstealer1337

unlucky me my dynacraft stem cracked when taking the tip off 1st time to be cleaned :(

so vas hit me again

got me one of these from etsy guy NewEnglandWoodworking

and then got me one of these ss assssssssssasins from maker JoeKing
http://instagr.am/p/CDhPK2anonI/
cant wait to have a lightsaber looking spinning stem!

shopdognyc

Think I'm getting the hang of the Dynavap. The generous sharing of information puts some strategy into your head.

I thought I got it yesterday but combusted my herb the second hit going 2 seconds past the click. I've read respect the click, and go 1 or 2 seconds over. Haven't been able to get a single torch flame yet, and using a quad I have.

My new strategy burn little away from the tip, and go closer to the end the second and third time. Much better. Still learning. Already ordered a Dynatec and an Omnivap.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I thought I got it yesterday but combusted my herb the second hit going 2 seconds past the click. I've read respect the click, and go 1 or 2 seconds over. Haven't been able to get a single torch flame yet, and using a quad I have.
Don’t forget that “respect the click” goes both ways. I occasionally combust because I forget the cool down click hasn’t happened, start heating it again and then wonder why it’s taking so long for the heat up click. Usually I’ve had a few capfuls before that happens! :ko:

p.s. you’ll get there soon!

Last edited:

Sn00PiG

Hey guys, I’m new here, just registered to ask this question:
I was searching for Dynavap stems and I found one that I love the design of, but wasn’t able to find where can I actually get one.
I’ve attached a picture that I got from Pinterest, which pointed to this topic, bust still weren’t able to find an answer.
Anyone can help what stems are these and where can I get one?
ab5b9b61fe27d33b1659054a30569c79.jpg

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
The Dynacoil in my BB9 with Ti tip has become my favorite way to use concentrates. I’ve seen some bad reviews about the Dynacoil but I couldn’t disagree more.

Granted, I’m not a heavy concentrate user, maybe a gram or gram and a half a month vs 13-14 grams of flower a month.

I’ve never had a problem with drips and I did when I was testing the original prototype a couple of years ago: this is far superior.

And while the flavor isn’t quite as good as my Ditanium it’s as good or better than any of my other concentrate specific devices. And I think it’s way more efficient too. :2c::spliff:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Anyone else check out these Joe King Assassin stems?
assassin-titanium-anodized-with-tip-blue-gold.jpg
resize

They were just released and the stainless variants sold out fast, if anyone is interested I do believe they might have a few raw Ti left and full anodized left in stock...

They look pretty sweet, I cant wait to take delivery.

They fit both standard condensers and simrell intercoolers, and functions as both a 14 and 10mm WPA. The airflow is reportedly less restrictive than an Omni. Approximately the same size as a standard vapcap.

...available through creamcityvapes, or direct from Joe through IG.

I only have Omnivaps, so it looks like I need to get a standard condenser or an intercooler. I've never used an intercooler, what are the major differences? Will one be less restrictive than the other? Does one produce more vapor than the other?

Last edited:

Greenleaf88

Quite a microdoser you are.... NOT. I go though about a quarter OUNCE of flower a month. To consume a QP of flower a month through a vapcap would be really hard to do for one person, I would think.
Haha it ain't thru only a vacap there's a sticky brick volcano mighty thrown in there but vapcap all day with concentrates also.

Top Bottom