Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
My TRWW stems arrived last Thursday, a day earlier than expected, and we've been giving them a workout. My wife's been reaching for the Tradesman and I've been going back and forth between it and the OG.

Initial thoughts - The Tradesman feels nice and solid, I love the simplicity. My Ti tip fits the glass perfectly. I like blocked or no carbs on my stems and I often hold it in my mouth handsfree while hitting it. With that in mind, I'd like to see the mouthpiece pinch be a bit bigger. The stem is fairly long and the pinch is pretty close to the end. It works well when I bite hold it with my teeth but it's a little short for a solid lip hold. We've only had it a few days and I'm sure I'll adapt.

Overall big thumbs up. Top quality glass, thanks @RogueGuy!

stems.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
That OG RWW stem is still my favorite, though the 2mmXL is pretty awesome too.

Broke out the EYCE silicone bubbler to use with the OG yesterday. That thing is seriously underrated. Nice smooth hits, carb, no chance of breakage. (Use without the glass bowl, vapcap sits right into the silicone downstem.

String, while I am not a big aficionado of Eyce products due to their
Inflated prices, I agree silicone can be fun. ;)

:zzz:G.bnbb”b

hinglemccringleberry

Experimenting with a whole nug AND fine grind in the same bowl at the same time. Loving the results. I feel like the ground bud acts like kindling for the nug and it just rips and you get big ass flavor and extraction.
If you line up your cap's digger outter with the air port before you heat, you'll always know where it is.
It's also the proper way to take photos of it.

someTooL

Experimenting with a whole nug AND fine grind in the same bowl at the same time. Loving the results. I feel like the ground bud acts like kindling for the nug and it just rips and you get big ass flavor and extraction.

Nice! That’s what I love and makes me keep coming back to this as my regular. So many different ways to use it and techniques to experiment with. But in the end, heat-hit-high :science:

LabPong

Aristocrat stem is very nice, especially with the addition of cooling beads, but it seems maybe you don’t like the airflow of a no-air port stem? It’s not gonna be more open than the glass Charlie, I wouldn’t think. (I have the sneaky Pete hula stem, similar to glass Charlie. Aristocrat is not more open than it.)

The Aristocrat is just a open glass tube with no carb or beads....but does have a slight indented shaped mp. It should be more open than the dimpled stems. Have you actually put beads in an Aristocrat stem? How did you keep them in place....or what size beads did you use?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

Funny.
This reminds me of a previous life I had in which I was in the Watch business. All watches had to be photographed at 10:10 to make sure the watch brand was visible. Drives me nuts to this day when I see a pic of a watch not set that way (although one watch vendor used 8:18 which also worked)

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
i bought this and now i regret purchasing it. yes, it worked well until it got clogged up. vape gets you high when the weed has been vaped but once it has been clogged up or not put back together correctlly, you will run in to problems. i have no idea what i was thinking in buying a butane vape.

it was good while it lasted but now i have to clean it up. otherwise, i am gonna grab a non butane version like the splinter version 2 perhaps.

there is too much work just to make this thing work.... i remember when the pax or the mighty were easy to use.

i just need a mod box + splinter for my needs.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Most vapes, especially dry flower vapes require some maintenance and need to be used with care. No matter what else we are dealing with vaping involves high temps and evaporating solids into a gas. There will be residue.
Even a Splinter and Mod box need maintenance, and 18650 batteries are little bombs that can very aggressively vent if not cared for properly. Watch the clip in my sig.
A VapCap is more of a manual vape that is less expensive to buy and requires a little more attention and effort to use. There is a trade off. Most in this thread think that effort is more than worthwhile. And many of us use many different vapes and rotate through them depending on what we want and how much effort we are willing to apply at any given moment.

juanavape

i bought this and now i regret purchasing it. yes, it worked well until it got clogged up. vape gets you high when the weed has been vaped but once it has been clogged up or not put back together correctly, you will run in to problems. i have no idea what i was thinking in buying a butane vape.

Strange, I blow through mine and give it a quick brushing after each use (10 or 20 second job). After a couple of weeks when the draw does start noticeably getting restricted I disassemble it, pop out the screen, clean it, inspect and clean if needed the inside tube, then reassemble it (in the reverse order that I took it apart). Not more than a few minutes of my time.

Maybe you're talking about the outside of the cap ? That does get discoloured over time but that's just proof that you are paying your dyna dues.

Maybe it's an Omni and the air adjuster is plugged ? I've never seen an Omni so can't really help you out there.

I'm yet to use any vaporizer that doesn't require some kind of cleaning/maintenance routine but I find my Dynavap products one of the simplest ever in this regard.

To each there own I guess.......

wm762

Most vapes, especially dry flower vapes require some maintenance and need to be used with care. No matter what else we are dealing with vaping involves high temps and evaporating solids into a gas. There will be residue.
Even a Splinter and Mod box need maintenance, and 18650 batteries are little bombs that can very aggressively vent if not cared for properly. Watch the clip in my sig.
A VapCap is more of a manual vape that is less expensive to buy and requires a little more attention and effort to use. There is a trade off. Most in this thread think that effort is more than worthwhile. And many of us use many different vapes and rotate through them depending on what we want and how much effort we are willing to apply at any given moment.
I agree. I don't like the trade off.

Good thing is that the VapCap is not too diffcult to maintain. you can pull off all of the parts. yes, in my case, i think my vape was clogged.

i think i have fixed the isssue.

Strange, I blow through mine and give it a quick brushing after each use (10 or 20 second job). After a couple of weeks when the draw does start noticeably getting restricted I disassemble it, pop out the screen, clean it, inspect and clean if needed the inside tube, then reassemble it (in the reverse order that I took it apart). Not more than a few minutes of my time.

Maybe you're talking about the outside of the cap ? That does get discoloured over time but that's just proof that you are paying your dyna dues.

Maybe it's an Omni and the air adjuster is plugged ? I've never seen an Omni so can't really help you out there.

I'm yet to use any vaporizer that doesn't require some kind of cleaning/maintenance routine but I find my Dynavap products one of the simplest ever in this regard.

To each there own I guess.......
yes, i forgot to pull off the screen. i can take off all of the parts. i already did so but this time i cleaned the acutual screen.

yeah, this device is not that bad but the room will smell like weed when you vape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

wm762

Pretty much all flower vapes will smell on exhale. But for a flower vape, VC is definitely on the less smelly range.
If you still want to stick it out get one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Buddy-0159-BLU-Personal-Filter/dp/B00478UIB2/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3LH7SUTSAUHIL&keywords=smoke+buddy&qid=1571157901&sprefix=Smoke,aps,153&sr=8-4

But, of course, the VC is not for everyone. Luckily there are many others that may make you happier!
Not a big deal. I can always smoke either out door or blow the smoke out the window.
I don't have to worry about the small stuff.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have gone into the next room at a gathering that was not Pot Friendly and taken a couple VC hits without alarming anyone. The smell is nothing like combustion (unless you accidentally combust) but it IS there for the knowledgeable. At that gathering neither of the 2 people there who I know were familiar with the smell of cannabis seemed to notice.

If you blow it and combust, however, you are busted. :o

StringTheorista

The Aristocrat is just a open glass tube with no carb or beads....but does have a slight indented shaped mp. It should be more open than the dimpled stems. Have you actually put beads in an Aristocrat stem? How did you keep them in place....or what size beads did you use?
Yes, I put 6mm beads in it. The narrowing of the tube at the mouthpiece end holds them in place.
The interior diameter of the aristocrat stem narrows from 8mm at the non-mouthpiece end to around 4mm inside the mouthpiece. I put a folded screen in the end of the dynavap tip, protruding slightly, to keep a bead from sticking into the end of the tip when it’s on a magnet.

LabPong

Yes, I put 6mm beads in it. The narrowing of the tube at the mouthpiece end holds them in place.
The interior diameter of the aristocrat stem narrows from 8mm at the non-mouthpiece end to around 4mm inside the mouthpiece. I put a folded screen in the end of the dynavap tip, protruding slightly, to keep a bead from sticking into the end of the tip when it’s on a magnet.

Thanks for your info....was wondering if you used the bigger beads from dab setups. It is hard to find 5 and 4mm balls. But I think it will probably be better with the larger 6mm ones for less restriction. I will try this sometime soon.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Pretty much all flower vapes will smell on exhale. But for a flower vape, VC is definitely on the less smelly range.
If you still want to stick it out get one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Buddy-0159-BLU-Personal-Filter/dp/B00478UIB2/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3LH7SUTSAUHIL&keywords=smoke+buddy&qid=1571157901&sprefix=Smoke,aps,153&sr=8-4

But, of course, the VC is not for everyone. Luckily there are many others that may make you happier!
so, is that smoke buddy a high tech version of the toiletpaper tube with cling free dryer sheets? The tube def worked but I hated the smell of the dryer sheets!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
so, is that smoke buddy a high tech version of the toiletpaper tube with cling free dryer sheets? The tube def worked but I hated the smell of the dryer sheets!
Exactly! Just a little better looking and lasts a lot longer!

Guessing they contain activated charcoal available at pet stores for fish tank filters
Yup, sure does.

They honestly work really well, I occasionally use the Junior version and it works extremely well and lasts a long time.
The only negative is that you can’t see your clouds :huh:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Exactly! Just a little better looking and lasts a lot longer!

Yup, sure does.

They honestly work really well, I occasionally use the Junior version and it works extremely well and lasts a long time.
The only negative is that you can’t see your clouds :huh:
activated charcoal sure has alot of uses. If I lived in a non compliant State, I would definatrly get one of these!

How small is the junior smoke buddy?

Top Bottom