• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

PeteyS

Sweet, the reason why I ask is because im strictly reducing my consumption, so i don't have too much flower to "experiment" with.
Im thinking very low temp vaping in the early afternoons, and saving up that light avb for some higher temp evening sessions.

Dams8024

Hello, after browsing the forum, I did not find a concrete answer to my problem although some users mention it.
After replacing the battery, my crafty flashes blue 7 times and shows a full battery on the app. Is it a dead circuit board issue or something else?
Thanks

Dams8024,
Well, my Crafty woes probably stop here... I'm done with it.

Had the battery replaced and it's doing exactly the same thing as before - the bottom of the vape gets very hot... and it does work if I keep hammering the power button and it decides to stay on - but it now also drains the battery in about 5 minutes flat (a brand new battery) This is exactly what it did with the old battery - only that was so far gone I never noticed how quickly it was actually being drained.

So, I decide to bite the bullet and head over to the Storz & Bickel page to send it in for an official repair. Even with the switched battery and no warranty, I'd be happy to just pay for a repair - surely it can't be the $200 they're asking for a new one?

But no such luck - they only repair the Volcano and the Mighty - if you have a broken Crafty out of warranty? If it isn't just a battery swap - all you have now is just a very, very, expensive lump of plastic. There are simply no choices left.

It is a crying shame because, when it works - it's great.

It's just the working part I have a problem with - and the total lack of support if it's not within warranty.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, my Crafty woes probably stop here... I'm done with it.

Had the battery replaced and it's doing exactly the same thing as before - the bottom of the vape gets very hot... and it does work if I keep hammering the power button and it decides to stay on - but it now also drains the battery in about 5 minutes flat (a brand new battery) This is exactly what it did with the old battery - only that was so far gone I never noticed how quickly it was actually being drained.

So, I decide to bite the bullet and head over to the Storz & Bickel page to send it in for an official repair. Even with the switched battery and no warranty, I'd be happy to just pay for a repair - surely it can't be the $200 they're asking for a new one?

But no such luck - they only repair the Volcano and the Mighty - if you have a broken Crafty out of warranty? If it isn't just a battery swap - all you have now is just a very, very, expensive lump of plastic. There are simply no choices left.

It is a crying shame because, when it works - it's great.

It's just the working part I have a problem with - and the total lack of support if it's not within warranty.
Unfortunate for you.
There are very few vapes other than high end that get supported after warranty.
I think that follows with a lot of stuff these days, serviceability does not seem to be a thing anymore.

Dolce, il motivo per cui lo chiedo è perché sto rigorosamente riducendo il mio consumo, quindi non ho troppi fiori con cui "sperimentare".
Sto pensando di svapare a temperature molto basse nei primi pomeriggi e di risparmiare quella luce avb per alcune sessioni serali a temperature più elevate.
it is not suitable for you because it is run and you would lose the rest or almost, you need a convention product :2c:

what must be bad, then for how much it costs it is a real insult to those who work and the money cannot be found in the trees. instead of the medical device brand / certification they could invest their resources and energy in giving an after-sales service worthy of the price for which they charge their plastic products, I took 1 usb c with only 6 hours of use in exchange with another product (an ecgi atom Rta for eliquid of vapesistem Bika7) that I didn't use so I didn't bet much on it but regardless of everything, the after-sales assistance for a product still in production must be there! it is a duty to those who leave us just over 200 euros, I will never recommend products from this house ....

PeteyS

When my Crafty+ decides to bite the bullet, i don't think i will replace it with another.
I think its a great vape, but at 200$, and its sibling the mighty+at 300$, they just aren't worth it. These electronic devices aren't expected to last that long either. So its just another thing you ll need to replace along with your cell phone, probably every 3-5 years max. Just not worth it imo.

hello if you already have it try to use it on 180 ° c and then try it again in the evening at higher temperatures like 200/220 °, unfortunately in my opinion it loses a lot compared to a convention system but they are only my feelings based on my experience (not much ) and to my tolerance maybe you are happy with it, and since you already have a try or two I think you can do it without problems

Sidvicius,

BleuEyedGuy

I looked at both S&B portable options, the price, no easily swapped battery, and contruction, along with the "nothing" claim of being a "medical device" which as far as I can tell is basically to have health insurance cover the cost, kept me from purchasing, and the volcano was one of the first vaporizing experiences I had. I saw some new "blurb" suggesting another "portable hand held" option might be announced in the next few months, not interested, happy with the choice the kind & knowledgable members here pointed me towards, cheers!

When my Crafty+ decides to bite the bullet, i don't think i will replace it with another.
I think its a great vape, but at 200$, and its sibling the mighty+at 300$, they just aren't worth it. These electronic devices aren't expected to last that long either. So its just another thing you ll need to replace along with your cell phone, probably every 3-5 years max. Just not worth it imo.

I think 3-5 years is pretty generous. My Crafty gave me less than 2 years of life and a friend's Mighty also lasted around the same time before he noticed he had to keep it on charge most of the time.

PeteyS

Yeah, "Malonshakespeare" your probably right. These electronic do-dads are hit or miss with reliability.
Im hoping my crafty+ will last a long time, because im not going to purchase a new vape every couple years. Id rather go back smoking in the bong. (Its free)haha.
Joking aside, If it dies, ill probably pick up a 100$ vape. Maybe the potv "one", or x max v3.

PeteyS

On a side note, Has anyone tried the glass half and quarter bowl converters for the crafty/mighty. I think I saw it on SneakyPetes website, but haven't really heard much about them.
Im wondering if they would make the crafty a viable option for small loads.

Just want to correct myself in this thread -

Storz & Bickel do service/repair Crafty's out of warranty. Just need to register the device.

Repair bill?

Not cheap - $100+

Lesson learnt here?

Only buy vapes where you can change the battery yourself with some soldering skills - or, as I'm doing, stick with vapes with replaceable batteries straight out of the box from now on.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just want to correct myself in this thread -

Storz & Bickel do service/repair Crafty's out of warranty. Just need to register the device.

Repair bill?

Not cheap - $100+

Lesson learnt here?

Only buy vapes where you can change the battery yourself with some soldering skills - or, as I'm doing, stick with vapes with replaceable batteries straight out of the box from now on.
I think I take issue with this, as it is extremely rare that S&B have ever actually serviced a device, whether in warranty or not. Almost always replace.

Do you have first-hand experience with a repair that you paid $100+ for? Or were you simply quoted a price to 'service' your device?

I think they most likely charge you the hundred, get your device back and send you a new one, probably a + model. Customer service is actually good with S&B, btw, they do try to give a good experience. I've had 4 Crafty's and 2 Mighty's. You could also ask them how much they would want to send you a Mighty (or M+) instead. But it sounds as though you may be too frustrated to continue...

S&B practice has almost always been to swap for a replacement unit, new in box. We have on rare occasion heard of S&B saying "this is your original unit, we repaired it" but the owners have not been able to tell exactly what they got back other than a working unit.

S&B made commitment early on to NOT make batteries user-serviceable, this is a huge safety issue. I have seen a Lion battery vent, and it was a small one (750mah). I never want to have one of those 2600 mah 18650's go off. These ain't AAA's we're dealing with! (Disclosure, I do have vapes with swappable batteries, and some without, just stating why a lot of companies do this.)

I think I take issue with this, as it is extremely rare that S&B have ever actually serviced a device, whether in warranty or not. Almost always replace.

Do you have first-hand experience with a repair that you paid $100+ for? Or were you simply quoted a price to 'service' your device?

I think they most likely charge you the hundred, get your device back and send you a new one, probably a + model. Customer service is actually good with S&B, btw, they do try to give a good experience. I've had 4 Crafty's and 2 Mighty's. You could also ask them how much they would want to send you a Mighty (or M+) instead. But it sounds as though you may be too frustrated to continue...

S&B practice has almost always been to swap for a replacement unit, new in box. We have on rare occasion heard of S&B saying "this is your original unit, we repaired it" but the owners have not been able to tell exactly what they got back other than a working unit.

S&B made commitment early on to NOT make batteries user-serviceable, this is a huge safety issue. I have seen a Lion battery vent, and it was a small one (750mah). I never want to have one of those 2600 mah 18650's go off. These ain't AAA's we're dealing with! (Disclosure, I do have vapes with swappable batteries, and some without, just stating why a lot of companies do this.)
That is the current conundrum. I wasn't sure if it's a new one or simply a repair job on the old used unit - but if it's a new one then I am a little (and I do mean a little) tempted...

I haven't sent it off yet or paid for anything - just the quote for the 'repair'.

The more I think about it - thanks for posting that info! I probably will end up doing it :)

I think it's worth the price - I'd pay 100$ for a Crafty - but not much more than that. In fact, if they lowered the price to 110-120 then I think they'd clean up, battery issues aside. If they stepped down a gear I think they'd do a lot better. Drop the Mighty to $150 and they'd wipe out the clones (there would no reason for the Chinese to make them) Drop the Crafty to around $100 and it's an affordable vape that's better than most, if not all, of the competition in that price range. I think they'd make a killing.

I've seen inside the Crafty (and other vapes) and there's not much to them - none I'd say ever justify the crazy price tags. It seems more about prestige and image than anything else - as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
That is the current conundrum. I wasn't sure if it's a new one or simply a repair job on the old used unit - but if it's a new one then I am a little (and I do mean a little) tempted...

I haven't sent it off yet or paid for anything - just the quote for the 'repair'.

The more I think about it - thanks for posting that info! I probably will end up doing it :)
Keep us posted!

vapviking,
Hey everyone,

I got the Crafty (my first better vape) last year. Normally I load up a S&B Container with very fine herbs. And cycle through the three different temp modes resulting in ~10 minute sessions.

The vapor is more pretty thin on the lowest setting, but also doesn't irritate my throat (Not a daily user and non-smoker). But also the high doesn't hit me like I want to so I normally increase the temperature pretty quick (after 2-3 minutes). The higher temps of course are more unpleasant to hit. Especially when it's the first container of the day.

Many people around here play with different cooling devices/stems but I want to keep the Crafty portable (sometimes I like to vape while walking through the forest and I don't want to 'modify' the vape first). I searched for some better stems and found a titanium 'head' with titanium stem: https://www.french-touch-vaporizer....-crafty-stainless-steel-cooling-unit-ftv.html

(Sorry for posting Links as a new user. I hope it's okay. I don't have any connection with the website). Do these kind of units work or should I invest in a proper cooling stem (like a water cooler etc.) and simply revert back to the OG Unit when on the go?

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Hey everyone,

I got the Crafty (my first better vape) last year. Normally I load up a S&B Container with very fine herbs. And cycle through the three different temp modes resulting in ~10 minute sessions.

The vapor is more pretty thin on the lowest setting, but also doesn't irritate my throat (Not a daily user and non-smoker). But also the high doesn't hit me like I want to so I normally increase the temperature pretty quick (after 2-3 minutes). The higher temps of course are more unpleasant to hit. Especially when it's the first container of the day.

Many people around here play with different cooling devices/stems but I want to keep the Crafty portable (sometimes I like to vape while walking through the forest and I don't want to 'modify' the vape first). I searched for some better stems and found a titanium 'head' with titanium stem: https://www.french-touch-vaporizer....-crafty-stainless-steel-cooling-unit-ftv.html

(Sorry for posting Links as a new user. I hope it's okay. I don't have any connection with the website). Do these kind of units work or should I invest in a proper cooling stem (like a water cooler etc.) and simply revert back to the OG Unit when on the go?
I had the original French titanium cooling unit. Don't know if its changed. Its a nice piece of metal and definitely cools the vapor. But its heavy and makes the device top heavy. It also makes it very noticeably heavier, feeling like a brick in one's pocket. After being placed in the "Spare Parts" drawer and never coming out again, I tossed it.

At home I use my C+ with a rubber Delta3D water pipe adapter and my water pipes. When my throat and chest start to be bothered by all my vaping, I use a Mouthpeace filter. That filter is clunky but fits the C mouthpiece perfectly. It seems to help my smoker's lung(smoked cigs for 50 years before quitting 9 years ago and joints/pipes almost as long before quitting those for vaping 8 years ago ).

Had an OG Crafty, replaced under warrantee for free with 20% more battery model. Now have C+(and around a dozen other vapes) and it is my main outside the house vape. Why do I like Craftys so much?: It provides more cooling of the vapor than any other portable vape I have owned or tried.

Last edited:
for europe i would find here what i was looking for compatible glass mouthpieces, in case it served as information for others as well
then I didn't buy it because you are not using the Crafty + but I had found this I don't know if it can do for you or if it really works but similar systems that I have for example on the Dreamwood Glow RCV is really good for it (cooling the steam)

Sidvicius,

bongo777

hi! after three days of use, the new crafty+ stopped turning off by timer. changing the timer time in the app didn't help. rebooting to factory settings did not help. is there any solution to the problem other than returning the vaporizer under warranty?

ginolicious

You all gonna slap me. I’ve been around these boards long enough. But I’m gonna ask this anyways. Haha.

Lately I been smoking pre rolls from the dispensary. Amazing. I enjoy it. Insulated yet cold garage. As I have beers. But I want to get back into vaping. And have been. But I feel I need a new vape.

My firefly 2+ has been my daily. But she’s slowly going downhill after several years. And I use my Gfs v3 pro all the time. But that’s a cheaper convection. But good for quick few hits. But now I want a powerhouse session vape. I’m leaning towards crafty + or mighty +. I just don’t want to spend the extra money for the mighty +. Is the crafty + the exact same. Minus the extra battery and screen? Debating if it’s worth it for me to get the mighty + but feel saving a couple hundred dollars is better.

Top Bottom