• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

JCat

Accessory Maker
^Thanks for the link. Looks like the info I'm after will be in there.
Yes you can just transfer the other wires. That is a temperature sensor for the battery.

If it powers up and doesn’t heat up (likely the lights flash with an error code?) then doesn’t sound like the battery but maybe more likely the thermal fuse (a $1 component)

If it powers on, and then just shortly after powers down, then that sounds like a really dead battery.

Good luck and hope you get it fixed! There’s some great info in this thread earlier on in regards to the thermal fuse.

JCat

Accessory Maker
That sounds like my problem as I recall. Thanks for the tips, will be awesome to have my crafty working again.
If your looking to desolder the wiring harness from this pack and solder onto new batteries with tabs I would recommend NKON as a source for said batteries.

Edit:

high all :cool:hope I'm in the right place , I'm new here and looking for help/advice :hmm: my crafty has stopped working and my volcano is no good as a portable .
so it was 2 years old (a warranty replacement for the old one that died at 250 odd hours) 338hrs use and couldn't do a heat up without being plugged in and even then it took forever so I replaced the battery with a sony vtc6 and it worked awesomely for about an hour on boost when the lights started flashing red/yellow so I changed the thermal fuse and charged it up , it was again on top form and working on boost for about an hours use when the battery died , now when I plug it in to charge it vibrates the lights flash green,red,blue and then there's no charge light . the phone still connects with the app via Bluetooth but only shows one bar on the battery scale. ive taken the battery out it was at 3.0 volts and charged it in a wall charger to 4.20v then put it back in but it still shows only one bar of power and the app says the battery is low and to charge it. Ive even gone to the effort of trying another new battery (30Q) incase the vtc6 had some kind of issue but its still the same :shrug: has anyone any idea what to do ? I'm guessing its a pcb issue but am lost at this point . I'm thinking about sending it to a pcb repair place to see if they can fix it ? ? ?

thanks in advance :)
Might want to just leave it with battery unplugged for a day and then reinstall.

When I was first testing different batteries in and out to try different brands in packs I made, I had some strange behaviour as far as power readings. Mine was that it thought it was charged when it wasn’t. So charging it in external charger resolved it.

I’m assuming you’ve tried different USB cables and chargers? Sounds like your PCB’a charging circuit is having trouble if you have.

Also to reset indicator, might want to try to hold down power button when battery is out. (This might discharge everything and get it to reset? Something is holding onto the memory making the Crafty “think” the battery still has the same charge even when you’ve charged it externally (similar to the behaviour I got when swapping batteries with different charges)

Last edited:

crownroyaldaddy

Im strongly considering a crafty/mighty to compliment my new volcano as my portable.

It seems a lot of people are having issues and needing repairs on s&b portables which is the main thing scaring me.

Do any of you crafty owners ever wish you got the mighty?

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Do any of you crafty owners ever wish you got the mighty?
I am a Crafty owner who wishes she had a Mighty instead.
The battery life is really bad, and while there are some relatively easy ways to change out the battery, I am not comfortable going near any wiring.

The App is fine, you can get along with setting up the two temps you can access on Crafty, and never opening the app again. I do like that you can track your hours of usage. But I’d rather have the temp control on the vape and change temp on the fly (or on the vape, so to speak).

However, if this was my most portable vape, which it was at one point, I would stick with the Crafty. I own more discreet vapes now so I rarely take the Crafty out of the house anymore. The Mighty would be too big as an out-of-the-house vape for me.

crownroyaldaddy

Thanks for the feedback!

I currently have a pax3 but am not happy with the vapor it produces and how often it needs to be cleaned so im looking for something else. And will likely try to sell the pax.

I rarely vape on the go. This would likely be my vape to take on the back deck for the most part. Then again for those rare times i did want to move around that small size of the crafty would be nice....

crownroyaldaddy,
Reactions: JCat

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for the feedback!

I currently have a pax3 but am not happy with the vapor it produces and how often it needs to be cleaned so im looking for something else. And will likely try to sell the pax.

I rarely vape on the go. This would likely be my vape to take on the back deck for the most part. Then again for those rare times i did want to move around that small size of the crafty would be nice....
Mighty is a much more robust unit. I had 4 Crafty's go in for RMA service and finally upgraded to a Mighty for the difference in retail price (that deal seems to only be offered if Crafty breaks down). The Mighty has lasted for years, trouble-free. The consensus seems to be if you will use it frequently or hard (like high temps), the Mighty is the better choice.
Crafty will produce great vapor but for me it was a longevity issue. After getting the first Crafty I almost never took the Pax out of the drawer.

Haunts

I'm new to the Crafty and im feeling a little underwhelmed by it, i think my problem is some how connected though. Firstly there is a really annoying whistle when i take a draw, i'm not taking heavy hits, even if i take the very slowest of draws it creates this whistle. Ive tried it with the dosing capsule and with out but still the whistle is there. Also my other is issue is my hits are very whispy and nothing like what i've seen on review videos but i'm thinking its some how connected to the whistle. Has anyone else experienced this or any ideas on what i can try?

Haunts,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm new to the Crafty and im feeling a little underwhelmed by it, i think my problem is some how connected though. Firstly there is a really annoying whistle when i take a draw, i'm not taking heavy hits, even if i take the very slowest of draws it creates this whistle. Ive tried it with the dosing capsule and with out but still the whistle is there. Also my other is issue is my hits are very whispy and nothing like what i've seen on review videos but i'm thinking its some how connected to the whistle. Has anyone else experienced this or any ideas on what i can try?
Though there are several possibilities, here's something you can try easily. The c/u may have a leak, which would dilute the vapor and maybe cause a whistle.

Take the c/u off of Crafty. Cover its' screen hole with a thumb and try to draw through the mouthpiece. It should not let you draw and you should feel some suction on your thumb. If not, then air is entering the c/u somewhere that it should not. If this is the case and Crafty is new, just let S&B know and they'll likely send you a new c/u.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
The Whistle is likely caused by an air leak. Check all the seals for proper seating.

Little Bill,

Haunts

Though there are several possibilities, here's something you can try easily. The c/u may have a leak, which would dilute the vapor and maybe cause a whistle.

Take the c/u off of Crafty. Cover its' screen hole with a thumb and try to draw through the mouthpiece. It should not let you draw and you should feel some suction on your thumb. If not, then air is entering the c/u somewhere that it should not. If this is the case and Crafty is new, just let S&B know and they'll likely send you a new c/u.

So I've just tried this and there's no leak, it's fully sealed. I tried taking a draw whilst it's cold and there's no whistle. I've also changed the oring from around the oven but the whistle is still there when it's heated up.

Haunts,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So I've just tried this and there's no leak, it's fully sealed. I tried taking a draw whilst it's cold and there's no whistle. I've also changed the oring from around the oven but the whistle is still there when it's heated up.
There was a member who complained of a whistling Mighty, but it was only a faint whistle and S&B told him it was normal. If yours is as bothersome as it sounds, and the piece is still pretty new, you should lodge a complaint with them and see how it goes. They are very good in the c/s dept.

JCat

Accessory Maker
How much are you putting in? 0.2-0.25g or so? Fluffy grind but fully packed chamber and tamped down? (or overfull capsule tamped down with .15-.2g in it?)

Could be just too much air if there is not enough material in it ...

JCat,
Reactions: mixchu69

Haunts

How much are you putting in? 0.2-0.25g or so? Fluffy grind but fully packed chamber and tamped down? (or overfull capsule tamped down with .15-.2g in it?)

Could be just too much air if there is not enough material in it ...

Full capsule and then lightly tamped down. I'm pretty sure the whistle is actually coming from the air intake at he bottom of the vape but i cant see anyway to get to it other than taking the vape apart.

Haunts,

Danksta

Is it possible to use a ceramic disc with this unit? I don't see them offered by S&B but I know others make them. My friend recently got one of these and I think he could improve his experience and not use SS pads.

Danksta,

fuby

Im enjoying 0.07gr more than the big amounts is smoked before vaping. i am looking for a suggestion because im starting to look at other vapes.

The problem is as follows, i prefer to use capsules to keep my mighty clean(er) but, when i use the capsules with <0.08 the herb is not packed and gets mostly sucked out of the capsule while inhaling. this leaves a mess and inconstant boiling of the cannabinoids i prefer.

I ordered the liquids pads for the capsules hoping it will fill the capsule up roughly by half just like the normal liquid pad does. Sadly the capsule pads are really just for liquids and fills up the whole capsule.

So long story short. Any suggestions and how to consume <0.08 ground herb with he mighty? (proffered with a capsule)

Edit: This was ment for the Mighty. Can a mod move this post please?

Last edited:
fuby,

Hammahead

The problem is as follows, i prefer to use capsules to keep my mighty clean(er) but, when i use the capsules with <0.08 the herb is not packed and gets mostly sucked out of the capsule while inhaling

I would recommend to maybe grind the material a little less. Also you might try to use the concentrate capsules with the little pad made of steel wool to reduce the volume of the capsule and pack it tight even with small amounts.

fr3q

Hello guys.
I’m new crafty owner.
i just want to ask you some things because i am new to vaporation.
With a full fill how many draws can you take and see smoke (vapor) i can see only with 4 draws.Then nothing only taste.
Is this how crafty works?When i have to stop to take draws?Because after those 4 draws that i’m seeing the smoke i think that it is useless to continue.
About the battery i can i finish 3 sessions and i have the crafty with the 20% more battery.

fr3q,

ktmstick

I make these to have options on load size.

20170703_190656_zpsmgqea3qr.jpg
20170308_123657_zpsx4uxiikp.jpg

My smallest one takes 0.05, the half size one takes about 0.1-0.12 depending on grind and how packed it is. I save a full capsule for special occasions.

Im enjoying 0.07gr more than the big amounts is smoked before vaping. i am looking for a suggestion because im starting to look at other vapes.

The problem is as follows, i prefer to use capsules to keep my mighty clean(er) but, when i use the capsules with <0.08 the herb is not packed and gets mostly sucked out of the capsule while inhaling. this leaves a mess and inconstant boiling of the cannabinoids i prefer.

I ordered the liquids pads for the capsules hoping it will fill the capsule up roughly by half just like the normal liquid pad does. Sadly the capsule pads are really just for liquids and fills up the whole capsule.

So long story short. Any suggestions and how to consume <0.08 ground herb with he mighty? (proffered with a capsule)

Edit: This was ment for the Mighty. Can a mod move this post please?

Hammahead

Hm, the liquid capsules I got abt. 2 years ago were a little less than half empty with the steel wool pads. Anyway, just take the steel wool cushion and cut it in half with a small but sharp pair of scissors. Worked perfectly for me with the larger pad that is meant to be put in the chamber.

Or mix it with ABV maybe? Or some organic cotton?

Last edited:
Top Bottom