Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Green Kiwi

If you enjoy the cool vapor of the Mighty or Crafty, you should look into the French Touch Vaporizer CU. It is finned and made of SS. It heats up as it absorbs the hot vapors from the chamber so you do not. The best technique is to remove the CU periodically and pour water over or douse in water. Instant coolness and back to icy vapor. I own only the Crafty CU in SS, but looking at the design of both and considering the S&B chimney is interchangeable, I see no reason to use anything but the newer design with greater Surface Area on the Crafty.

Thinking of my next best choice in a vaporizer? Well, I simply cannot in a portable. Tell the honest truth, the V-Leaf GO would be next in line for me.
Then again, I do not have a POTV or Boundless or Fury anything (yet).
That is very interesting,when I loaned one for the Mighty(:love:), I did find the first 3 to 4 tokes very very tasty indeed.But after that it suddenly got harsh, and would make me Gough... the taste was gone by then to.the fit on theMighty was not impressive either, for the first time ever I heard her groan.....not what I want anyway.
Haven't thought about cooling with water though to be honest.

will borrow the unit one time more to experiment.:science::sherlock:.

King87

I've gone for the Crafty+!

I've seen a couple videos of the Crafty being used with various glass bubblers. I've never used one, are they worth it or just a bit of a novelty/gimmick? I've found the cooling unit to be fine without thinking it needs to be cooler. But do get a dry mouth, so assume a bubbler would help. But are there any other benefits-bigger clouds? Get you higher / make it more of a session?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
other benefits-bigger clouds? Get you higher
Well, maybe.
Bubbler lets you tolerate higher temps and bigger hits than you might normally.
That's not the only use-pattern. Some folks just like smoother hits at their usual vaping Temps.
So many ways to enjoy!
I currently like using a bubbler (a straight line type) without water. Nice flavor, nice cooling, and this setup I'm using gives a more open draw than through the c/u.

vapviking,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Papapuff

Can someone help me find the iPhone app for crafty? I fave my 3rd registered device so I deleted the app, now I can’t find it through the istore or S&B webpages to reinstall.

Papapuff,

Papapuff

I've gone for the Crafty+!

I've seen a couple videos of the Crafty being used with various glass bubblers. I've never used one, are they worth it or just a bit of a novelty/gimmick? I've found the cooling unit to be fine without thinking it needs to be cooler. But do get a dry mouth, so assume a bubbler would help. But are there any other benefits-bigger clouds? Get you higher / make it more of a session?
I leave my bubbler for home use and keep the sleek Crafty for on the move. I’ve had 6 Crafty and never run into over heating that I needed it.

Papapuff,
Reactions: BigJr48

jbm

Can someone help me find the iPhone app for crafty? I fave my 3rd registered device so I deleted the app, now I can’t find it through the istore or S&B webpages to reinstall.
Unfortunately Apple banned all vape-related apps some time ago. They didn’t delete the app from your phone if you already had it, as you saw, but you couldn’t reinstall it if you deleted it yourself. They are now allowing companies to apply to have their apps restored, but we don’t know if S&B have done so.

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
As mentioned before the app isn’t available any more.

Load the free app “Bluefy“ (web ble browser) and open:

Works well for crafty, but you need internet connection.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
They’re it is: Relegated to the annals of vape history! Apple insists on controlling YOU! Apple Store Good, distractions like weed bad, Buy more Apple products!

There is a company sells a small bong for $23 through Groupon, it is pretty good. If you have never used water, you owe it to yourself to invest and post about your experience please.

Kimosabe,

hardware

Hey there!
Planning on changing the battery on my crafty, been searching but haven’t found anything concrete among the 400 pages and was hoping to get some help from all of you smart folks regarding the choice of battery.
Planning on using Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh - 10A (3.7V Lithium Cell 18650) - Witch as far as to my knowledge should work flawlessly, am I right in my research? Only thing I could think of that could be an issue is the charging current.. but shouldn’t be an issue right? :huh:
Ps also planning on changing the battery on my mighty :wave:
Cheers

hardware,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey there!
Planning on changing the battery on my crafty, been searching but haven’t found anything concrete among the 400 pages and was hoping to get some help from all of you smart folks regarding the choice of battery.
Planning on using Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh - 10A (3.7V Lithium Cell 18650) - Witch as far as to my knowledge should work flawlessly, am I right in my research? Only thing I could think of that could be an issue is the charging current.. but shouldn’t be an issue right? :huh:
Ps also planning on changing the battery on my mighty :wave:
Cheers
Good resource here even if only for information

hardware

Thanks I read the thread before posting, but since he only installed an 18650PF and not the GE with 3500mah I wanted to check with you smart folks before pulling the trigger since the 18650ge the crafty+ came with as stock was only 3300mah

hardware,
Reactions: BigJr48

condition

If you enjoy the cool vapor of the Mighty or Crafty, you should look into the French Touch Vaporizer CU. It is finned and made of SS. It heats up as it absorbs the hot vapors from the chamber so you do not. The best technique is to remove the CU periodically and pour water over or douse in water. Instant coolness and back to icy vapor. I own only the Crafty CU in SS, but looking at the design of both and considering the S&B chimney is interchangeable, I see no reason to use anything but the newer design with greater Surface Area on the Crafty.

Thinking of my next best choice in a vaporizer? Well, I simply cannot in a portable. Tell the honest truth, the V-Leaf GO would be next in line for me.
Then again, I do not have a POTV or Boundless or Fury anything (yet).
I have bought the French Touch SS CU for crafty+.
I have to admit that the vapor is cooler than S&B CU, however I am afraid to overuse it as it is heavy and it gets so hot, so I am afraid it may damage the housing on the main unit, by the heaviness and the very high temp. I will follow your advice though to douse it in cool water.

Haunts

Thanks I read the thread before posting, but since he only installed an 18650PF and not the GE with 3500mah I wanted to check with you smart folks before pulling the trigger since the 18650ge the crafty+ came with as stock was only 3300mah
How are you getting on with your battery replacement? I recently replaced mine but not with success, I have a feeling the firmware doesn't recognize new battery's in the newer crafty, mines not the + version but its the ones that came with 20% extra battery life.
I use an alternative app to the storz one called vapormeister and it gives a bit more detailed info particularly on the battery see below
jgLcVYC.jpg

As can be seen the battery charge capacity is now holding about half of the batteries design capacity, which is why I replaced it with the exact same battery that was factory fitted. I thought this would be best as to not cause any problems but upon fitting the new battery the app is still showing the same capacity as the old and is still only good for about 1 session. I tried resetting it by holding the power button for 10sec but that only resets, the user settings like temp, boost and led brightness etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mr. Induction

I just got my first S&B product, the crafty+. I normally dab most of the time , and for my few flower moments I have the Arizer Solo 2.

I just did 3 bowls in the crafty and i am already surprised by the good performance. The Arizer is really a good vape , with 2-3 flavor hits at the beginning but then drops rapidly down. The taste gets unpleasant quick and the heat of the stem make the tokes noticeable harsher and hotter .
There is a tiny bit of plastic taste at the beginning when new, but nothing to worry about, I am very sensitive to that and surprised that after 3 cycles everything works out just fine. The Mighty+ is just around the corner and by this good first impression of S&B, i will definitely pull the trigger on that one also.

cheers to everyone
Alex
Germany

NMmind

If you wish; you can with bluetooth set the timer I thought up to 8 min?mine is I have set to 3 minutes.
The Crafty + has a more open draw then the mighty due to its new heater design.
I like it more and hope to see this heather also in the Mighty+.:popcorn:.
I just received a replacement Crafty+. The app shows 300 seconds max time. I prefer 240 sec myself.

hardware

How are you getting on with your battery replacement? I recently replaced mine but not with success, I have a feeling the firmware doesn't recognize new battery's in the newer crafty, mines not the + version but its the ones that came with 20% extra battery life.
I use an alternative app to the storz one called vapormeister and it gives a bit more detailed info particularly on the battery see below
jgLcVYC.jpg

As can be seen the battery charge capacity is now holding about half of the batteries design capacity, which is why I replaced it with the exact same battery that was factory fitted. I thought this would be best as to not cause any problems but upon fitting the new battery the app is still showing the same capacity as the old and is still only good for about 1 session. I tried resetting it by holding the power button for 10sec but that only resets, the user settings like temp, boost and led brightness etc. Does anyone have any ideas?
Hey there,
Just got around to changing it. Just haven’t had the time before. The only things I’ve had time to test is power and charging. Will try to boot it up when it’s done charging to check the battery in the app and will try the vapormeister to get more detailed info. My thinking is that it should be possible to reset the crafty to a factory state somehow, so you can get the correct stats for the battery. Just haven’t figured out how yet, any of you possibly know how to reset the crafty to a factory state? Will report back when I checked the battery in the app.

So I’ve checked the app and all the stats
Operation time: 1046h
Discharge time: 172
Maximum charge capacity: 2794 mAh
Design charge capacity: 3300 mAh
Discharge cycles: 275
Charge cycles: 465

Installed battery: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh - 10A (3.7V Lithium Cell 18650)

I guess the maximum charge capacity is set for a little above 80% of the design charge capacity, which sucks now that I have a 3500 mAh battery in it.. will have to see if these settings can be changed. Any one done it?

Cheers

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Hey there,
Just got around to changing it. Just haven’t had the time before. The only things I’ve had time to test is power and charging. Will try to boot it up when it’s done charging to check the battery in the app and will try the vapormeister to get more detailed info. My thinking is that it should be possible to reset the crafty to a factory state somehow, so you can get the correct stats for the battery. Just haven’t figured out how yet, any of you possibly know how to reset the crafty to a factory state? Will report back when I checked the battery in the app

Hope this helps:

"reset your device by pressing the On-Off-Button for 10 seconds or via the CRAFTY Remote Control app"

This seems to work to reset the OG Crafty, not sure about new one

hardware

Hope this helps:

"reset your device by pressing the On-Off-Button for 10 seconds or via the CRAFTY Remote Control app"

This seems to work to reset the OG Crafty, not sure about new one

Thanks for the tip, but the soft reset doesn’t reset battery stats.. just tried :( Any tips on how to do a real hard reset or change the factory maximum charge capacity of the crafty would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
hardware,

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks for the tip, but the soft reset doesn’t reset battery stats.. just tried :( Any tips on how to do a real hard reset or change the factory maximum charge capacity of the crafty would be greatly appreciated.
@JCat is the expert about batteries for Crafty units, maybe it would be worth to send him a PM, let us know if you find a solution!

hardware

@JCat is the expert about batteries for Crafty units, maybe it would be worth to send him a PM, let us know if you find a solution!
Already shot him a dm with the question, hopefully he or someone has the necessary info. Guess I could try to reprogram it myself, but it’s been a while since I coded :brow::lol:

JCat

Accessory Maker
You could do it with a simple open source bluetooth LE app as well that allows reading/writing characteristics (assuming it lets you write this characteristic)

Here's the UUID's you need to actually know what you are looking at: https://github.com/J-Cat/crafty-control/blob/master/src/model/craftyUuids.ts

Not sure if that value is writable although I would guess it is ... (or the device itself updates it somehow? ... as everyone's seems to be different ...)

If you want, if you have the coding skills, my app is open source as well so you could tweak it to allow modification of various UUIDs/characteristics.

Top Bottom