Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think"previous" Crafty warranty was always 2 yrs and when the + arrived they added a 3rd year if you registered the device. And, all S&B products are currently on sale, 20% off, on S&B site!
I just registered (or rather, initiated the registration process) a new Mighty and I'm waiting to see if the warranty is for 3 yrs or 2.

RobbIt

I think"previous" Crafty warranty was always 2 yrs and when the + arrived they added a 3rd year if you registered the device. And, all S&B products are currently on sale, 20% off, on S&B site!
I just registered (or rather, initiated the registration process) a new Mighty and I'm waiting to see if the warranty is for 3 yrs or 2.
You may be right. I thought the warranties were crafty (1) Mighty (2) volcano (3) and the registration added a year to crafty and mighty.

simplywonderful

You may be right. I thought the warranties were crafty (1) Mighty (2) volcano (3) and the registration added a year to crafty and mighty.
does that really count for mighty ? so 3 years warranty total? Im wondering if any of you purchased crafty and got crafty + as rma replacement.
any updates on that @vapviking
Thank you

Yeah unfortunately S&B vapes aged and can't compete the new similar price portables.
like which ones for example?

I have purchased one Crafty and one Mighty in the past three years. When the inevitable battery decline starts prematurely, I made SB warranty claims. I have received two Craftys and one Mighty through warranty. Storz has been good with this process but always been slow. You must pay return shipping and the warranty period doesn’t reset with your new warranty unit. As far as I can tell the replacement units are new.
when does your battery problems started ?

simplywonderful,

Haunts

So my Crafty only holds enough charge for one session, so I want to replace the battery, I'm guessing that buying the exact same battery would be best?
I've opened my Crafty to get the battery model (see image below), I'm pretty sure this one is the same battery, do you think that's right?

MVIMG-20210513-213752-1.jpg

Haunts,
Reactions: RobbIt

Vape_Or_Die420

So my Crafty only holds enough charge for one session, so I want to replace the battery, I'm guessing that buying the exact same battery would be best?
I've opened my Crafty to get the battery model (see image below), I'm pretty sure this one is the same battery, do you think that's right?

MVIMG-20210513-213752-1.jpg
Hit uo @JCat. I think he still sells the batteries pre soldered.

Haunts

From what I've read in his thread I believe his batteries are for the original crafty, where as this is one that came with 20% extra battery before the crafty+. I'm also in the UK and need to keep the costs down.

Pozman

I started vaping with a Truva Mini and loved it but only after I did a modification on the mouthpiece. Lifetime Warranty fit me perfectly until I tried to use it. Then I got a surprise they changed it to Truva Mini 2.0 and transformed it into garbage. I wound up with 2 brand new ones and gave them both away. So on topic I tried a few cheap models yuck gross garbage works intermittently etc... Finally I discovered the Crafty a bit pricey but I had a feeling it was going to work. I was correct the Crafty packed a hit that if not taken carefully would make you feel like you were gonna choke to death. I warn people hit it easy or pay the price. I was not impressed how-ever with battery life and length of time to full charge. They company says 45 min from dry. I say that's an outright lie. The last bar takes 45 min by itself total 2 hrs and 45 min from dry. So I learned with the Crafty best bet charge after every use, which in itself caused a new problem, I wore out the micro usb slot after a year. Good thing for a 2 yr. warranty. I was sent a replacement so to avoid this usb connection issue I use a magnetic end charging cable and I actually glued the end into the usb slot with a dab of high temp silicon, because they have the tendency to pull out of slot with cable when disconnecting. so with no wear and tear on the usb slot issue resolved. The Crafty has 1 problem that cannot be overcome... the charge adapter mistakenly plugging it in to a different charger can prove to be a disaster. Mine went straight into boost mode when powering on for months. So I tried letting battery die completely that fixed it for awhile but towards the end it flipped back to being in boost mode. So you have been warned only use the adapter that comes with the Crafty. Now for the Crafty + Not quite a twin but they look alike. The biggest difference is the charge adapter, it does not come with one. So no adapter issues you can use any as long as they micro usb so that's a plus. Inside the Crafty + there is a better battery that's a plus and a revamped heating coil that heats the chamber faster using half of the juice that's a plus. 2 fills for the juice used for 1 fill in the Crafty. Charge time is reduced by half as well but still quite a wait for a heavy user so for me the Crafty + is back on the charger after 2 fills. Suggestion for both...use the little canister that comes with both models. the metallic taste does diminish the better the herb the faster it does. Once gone all you can taste is the terpenes depending on temp used. Different herbs require different temps I normally run mine at 390. Fair warning not all herbs taste good when vaped and require higher temps.

King87

Hi guys, just dropping in to show some Crafty love.

I've now had mine for 5 years, and had no issues thus far. I was quite concerned at the time of purchasing as there were quite a few reviews saying that they brake etc.

Tips to longevity and general use (IMO);

Don't charge the crafty immediately after use
Dont let it get too hot over a long period
Dump the vaped bud straight away after your session and give a quick blow or clean
Dont vape and charge at the same time
Accept that it has a shit battery life (my model anyway) and work around it, ie always have full charge before first session, and if practical carry a small portable charger.

Great bit of kit and does the job well. I only manage 2 big sessions from a full charge though, but I''m used to it now. It's also fun letting mates etc have a go on it when they see it!
So...after 5 and a half happy years with the original crafty, the battery has finally packed in! Thanks Crafty... at the cost of around £2 per month, you've been great.

Now to find a new vape! Easy suggestion would be Crafty+ but I'm also tempted for a change...

How's the Boundless CFX?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So...after 5 and a half happy years with the original crafty, the battery has finally packed in! Thanks Crafty... at the cost of around £2 per month, you've been great.

Now to find a new vape! Easy suggestion would be Crafty+ but I'm also tempted for a change...

How's the Boundless CFX?
Wow! You definitely got your moneys’ worth!
How many hours did it last (if you have access to the app)?

You should start a new thread for suggestions for a new vape, you are sure to get plenty of suggestions!

RobbIt

How's the Boundless CFX?
Arizer Solo 2, Arizer Argo, Healthy Rips Rogue

RobbIt,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

How's the Boundless CFX?
You're going to get a huge variety of answers on that. (most of which will be off-topic, so a new thread would be the way to go...)
For the great service you've had from this device, inexpensively, I suggest ordering a + without delay. Or really splurge on Mighty. But go with what has been great for you, with a plan to expand your horizons (=vape collection) as you see something you'd like. It is a big world now, the vape lineup is huge, but Crafty is still held among the top of the lot.

Maybe supplement your old faithful with a decent convection vape? These are the ones really firing folks up these days (no pun intended, much), though I'm not gonna suggest a particular vape atm.

CANtalk

How's the Boundless CFX?
Congratulations.

Put a new battery in it... even if you want to move on, sell it on. You'll get money back in your pocket and it prevents needless (and inefficient) recycling.

Have a look at the Davinci IQ2. A friend picked one up that I got to try and I really liked it. I own a Crafty as well, and loved the size, quality and features of the IQ2. Fwiw, conduction heating was much better than I was led to believe from these and some other sites, etc.

:peace: :leaf:

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I have found the IQ2 to be a curious device. It is superbly manufactured with exquisite precision. Even the Miqro is impressive, IMHO. But nothing compares to the overpriced but incomparable S&B portables. Molded plastic parts and all - you tried the best so now you want to do the rest? Mark my words, you eventually have another Crafty+.

Surf Monkey

I have found the IQ2 to be a curious device. It is superbly manufactured with exquisite precision. Even the Miqro is impressive, IMHO. But nothing compares to the overpriced but incomparable S&B portables. Molded plastic parts and all - you tried the best so now you want to do the rest? Mark my words, you eventually have another Crafty+.

Tend to agree. I really love my IQ2, but it doesn’t totally measure up to the Mighty. It makes decent vapor, it has a reasonable amount of customization, the device has several nice innovations and impeccable build quality. But it can’t deliver the cool, flavorful clouds that the Mighty can. I love the IQ2 for on-the-go. The Mighty is my at home go-to device.

Surf Monkey,
Reactions: Kimosabe

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
If you had an old Crafty, do not, repeat do not think that a Boundless CFX will replace it. I have used both extensively. While CFX looks similar, the top piece goes directly from from the oven to the mouthpiece without any other cooling. The Crafty cooling top is one of the things that makes it special and that keeps it at the top of the vape list. Very few other vapes have as good cooling as the Crafty and Mighty.

To my surprise, my own Crafty is now four years old and still going decently. I got one of JCat's batteries more than a year ago, but the Crafty session number has not decreased any more over that time, so I haven't installed the new battery. Very impressive. Then again, though the Crafty gets used several times each week, I have lots of other devices that I use for concentrates, so it isn't being worked hard anymore.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
If you enjoy the cool vapor of the Mighty or Crafty, you should look into the French Touch Vaporizer CU. It is finned and made of SS. It heats up as it absorbs the hot vapors from the chamber so you do not. The best technique is to remove the CU periodically and pour water over or douse in water. Instant coolness and back to icy vapor. I own only the Crafty CU in SS, but looking at the design of both and considering the S&B chimney is interchangeable, I see no reason to use anything but the newer design with greater Surface Area on the Crafty.

Thinking of my next best choice in a vaporizer? Well, I simply cannot in a portable. Tell the honest truth, the V-Leaf GO would be next in line for me.
Then again, I do not have a POTV or Boundless or Fury anything (yet).

Kimosabe,
Top Bottom