Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

I bought a new Crafty+ from Puffitup and I didn't like it at first but after I adjusted the temp in the app, I really like it. When I read all these complaints about battery, I ran a test. I charged it to 100%. I just finished my 7th bowl and on the 8th, it died.

I run the app the entire time (so I assume some battery is going to the bluetooth chip). I run it at 190c/374F and I don't use boost mode. My sessions are set to 120 seconds.

I am re-charging it now. I'll run the test again later. Overall, I like it. But, the unacceptably long warm up time (c'mon guys, 20 seconds is the standard, now) is a down side. I really like the super wide bowls S&B uses. It seems to work better than the narrow deep bowl many use.

I ordered some glass mouth pieces but puff closed before I could check out. Again, overall pretty happy but I really don't see the GIANT advantage over an Edge or CFX, both that cost one third as much.

EDIT: Changed 274F to 374F typo

Last edited:

RobbIt

I bought a new Crafty+ from Puffitup and I didn't like it at first but after I adjusted the temp in the app, I really like it. When I read all these complaints about battery, I ran a test. I charged it to 100%. I just finished my 7th bowl and on the 8th, it died.

I run the app the entire time (so I assume some battery is going to the bluetooth chip). I run it at 190c/274F and I don't use boost mode. My sessions are set to 120 seconds.

I am re-charging it now. I'll run the test again later. Overall, I like it. But, the unacceptably long warm up time (c'mon guys, 20 seconds is the standard, now) is a down side. I really like the super wide bowls S&B uses. It seems to work better than the narrow deep bowl many use.

I ordered some glass mouth pieces but puff closed before I could check out. Again, overall pretty happy but I really don't see the GIANT advantage over an Edge or CFX, both that cost one third as much.
Interesting.
I think a major reason for your 7 bowls/charge is because of the very low temp 274F you’re using. I don’t get vaporization at under 350F and generally run it at 370-400F. I prefer those delicious terpene hits (as I’m guessing you do), so I try to stay on the lowest effective temperature.
Storz is still the leader in my mind but just barely. The Arizer Solo II for examplr is an excellent device that can easily go toe to toe against the Crafty/Mighty. And at well under $200 (I paid $164), you can buy two instead of the Mighty.

RobbIt,
@RobbIt My bad, bud..... should have read 374F. Typo error. I corrected my original post.

Also, I put it on charge 1 hour and 20 minutes ago and the app shows about 30% charged. Seems slow.

Last edited:
Hackerman,
Reactions: RobbIt

HomerSchwag

I think the longer heat up time is due to the larger heating element compared to most portables. Heating this thing up in 20 seconds will almost certainly trash the battery even quicker. Advanced battery tech is one of the top things they should / hopefully be working on for the next gen device.

HomerSchwag,

RobbIt

@RobbIt My bad, bud..... should have read 374F. Typo error. I corrected my original post.

Also, I put it on charge 1 hour and 20 minutes ago and the app shows about 30% charged. Seems slow.
Pretty much everything revolving around the batteries needs some work at S&B. I keep thinking they have the engineering and manufacturing prowess to set yet another industry shattering standard, so I hope they don’t sit on their well deserved 20 year laurels.

RobbIt,
Reactions: dimmusp
Just finished charging. 3 hours almost on the nose. I'll try to keep track of how many I get out of this charge.

Doing #1 now and noticed 120 sec timed out before I was done. So, future sessions will be 150 seconds (or more if needed to adjust).

Hackerman,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm going to comment that my estimates of 4 bowls are based on an OG Crafty, not Crafty+. (and the OG Crafty takes ~1:30-1:40 to get to temp so a lot of your battery life is likely used up just getting it to temp :) )

condition

Just received my Simrell Adapter to fit a Vortex on my Crafty and its such a delight. It fits perfectly and the cooling is significant.
Really appreciate this new toy, if you already got a Vortex this is the way to go. They also work with regular VCs but I havent tried that yet since the Vortex is sooooo good :D
I got my FTV cooler, a stainless steel unit made by some French guys and some gold plated capsules.
- The vapor has an improved taste and its cooler. The engineering also looks neat and fits very well to the main unit. It also opens/closes better than original cooler. I also previously owned the glass mouthpiece from amazon, but the SS one feels better at start.
- Now to the bad, it is very heavy and gets very hot, more than the original, so I am afraid of damage to the housing caused by higher weight/temp, so I don't use it all the time and I never leave the SS CU attached on the main unit. Oddly the gold plated capsule doesn't fit properly to the SS cooling unit, so you have to place it with the cap down facing MU. It has more volume than the original but it is fun to use.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just finished charging. 3 hours almost on the nose. I'll try to keep track of how many I get out of this charge.

Doing #1 now and noticed 120 sec timed out before I was done. So, future sessions will be 150 seconds (or more if needed to adjust).
The number of bowls can vary quire a bit with use pattern. When wife and I share and pass (Mighty), the "session" lasts a lot longer than 2-1/2 minutes, and that's using a capsule. Other users can rip a few big pulls and be done in 3 or 4 draws and be within your timeframe. Also a variable will be the bud itself.

Your charge time sounds long. Are you using a good usb power adapter, or a port on computer?

I am using a 1 AMP charger. I put it on the charger this morning about 9 and it's almost Noon and it's not done yet. This is a different charger than yesterday. I use mostly 1 AMP chargers and have a couple 2 AMP.

Yeah, personal variables are everything. I fill mine very full. Every breath I take is a hit. No wait in between. (I smoked cigarettes like that for 30 years). I zoom through a bowl pretty fast (usually). Temp is also going to make a difference ( I assume).

Still, I am pretty happy so far. Albeit, I only paid $135 for it. I don't think it's so much better than the $100 vapes that I would have ever bought one for the retail price (or even close).

Hackerman,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

justvapeit420

I'm thinking about buying a crafty+

What is the warranty policy if the battery starts to go bad? I see s+b says their warranty doesn't cover the battery? However, people on this thread seem to be getting their batteries replaced under warranty? I'm in Canada too if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

justvapeit420,

RobbIt

I'm thinking about buying a crafty+

What is the warranty policy if the battery starts to go bad? I see s+b says their warranty doesn't cover the battery? However, people on this thread seem to be getting their batteries replaced under warranty? I'm in Canada too if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!
I have purchased one Crafty and one Mighty in the past three years. When the inevitable battery decline starts prematurely, I made SB warranty claims. I have received two Craftys and one Mighty through warranty. Storz has been good with this process but always been slow. You must pay return shipping and the warranty period doesn’t reset with your new warranty unit. As far as I can tell the replacement units are new.

Last edited:

PedgePat

My crafty plus is arriving today however I have been doing research on best practice before the first use. From what I can gather a 3-4 cycle burn off is best however I read that soaking the cooling unit in iso alcohol is also advised?

Can anyone confirm whether I should be soaking the cooling unit before the first use?

PedgePat,

HomerSchwag

My Crafty+ needed about 5-6 burn offs. Strong metallic smell from the heater. Mighty needed nothing, good out of the box. I would fire it up empty with no cooling unit & give the oven a good whiff. If you smell anything give it several heat & cool down cycles until you smell nothing.

HomerSchwag,

justcametomind

can somebody please explainto me why crafty+ is cheaper then crafty?
184€ to 208€
thx
No reason at all other than promoting sales.
vapocity.de lowered its price to 183.5€ as I was looking vapospy to see where your deal was (vaporizer.shopping?).
I've never bought anything though them though, but if I had to get as session vape, a 2019 Mighty (+20% battery) seems even a better deal to me, priced at 228€.
Or even better, I'd wait until the Mighty+ launch: Crafty+ 160€ and old Mighty 199€?

Last edited:
Top Bottom