Hey there,
So I’ve checked the app and all the stats
Operation time: 1046h
Discharge time: 172
Maximum charge capacity: 2794 mAh
Design charge capacity: 3300 mAh
Discharge cycles: 275
Charge cycles: 465

Installed battery: Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh - 10A (3.7V Lithium Cell 18650)
Did you check the stats of your battery with vapormeister before you did the battery replacement, particularly the maximum charge capacity? Before replacing mine it had 1658mah and then once I replaced it it still says 1658mah and this is where I think my issue is, it doesn't seem to recognise the new battery.

Haunts,
Reactions: BigJr48

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Love my Crafty. Had a bluetooth problem and was replaced by S-B quickly and for free after a year with the 20% more version Had the current one for three years. Its become my primary outdoor recreational vape, so has been out in -0F windy and snowy xc skiing, in my windshirt pocket biking on roads and dusty trails, in the cool mist hiking and getting knocked around. But lately its been getting the red/blue flashing temp light, but its not cold or hot and now won't do anything but that flashing. Won't turn on and won't charge, just flashes when the button is pressed or the charging cable attached. Way out of warranty.

So today I ordered a Crafty +. I'm up in northern Newfoundland at my place there but I had brought the JCat replacement battery that I'd ordered last year with me. I'd procrastinated replacing the down to three sessions battery, in part because I'm not that handy with small precise stuff. But I watched JCat's video and earlier this eve, and to my amazement, after a bit of nudging and gentle prying, it all went together. I turned it on briefly before charging the new battery and it started heating up!, which it had been refusing to do. And now its charging, apparently normally. The Crafty 20% more has the temp sensor taped to the battery, so perhaps that was the problem. But it works. I'm doubly amazed and delighted. We'll see how it goes. I would be almost joyous to cancel my Crafty + order as its comes to over $300US with tax and shipping at the lowest price I can find here in Canada. I love the old guy.

PS: Fully charged in 15 or so minutes. Just did a dosing cap with a lovely sativa--the apparently award-winning Ritual Green Lemon Haze, grown here in the Atlantic Provinces. Ye auld Crafty (20% More!) seems fine, even happy, as if a piece of electronics had bit of heart. I've been an atheist since I was a kid, but this could make me a believer!

PPS: #1 Reason for loving my Crafty: The longish cooling air path, essential to my 73 year old ex-cig and j smoker lungs, 50 years of each. I use water pieces 100% at home. #2 Dosing caps, they make outdoor reloading in the wild places I adore and try to hang out in a cinch. I have three little five cap carriers; one for sativas, one for indicas and one for used. In four years, this vape has only seen loose leaf once or twice; its 99.9% pre-loaded by me dosing caps. So convenient and clean and smell controlable. #3 It hits just so reliably and with high extraction.

Last edited:

johnrecon12

Love my Crafty. Had a bluetooth problem and was replaced by S-B quickly and for free after a year with the 20% version Had the current one for three years. Its become my primary outdoor recreational vape, so has been out in -0F windy and snowy xc skiing, in my windshirt pocket biking on roads and dusty trails, in the cool mist hiking and getting knocked around. But lately its been getting the red/blue flashing temp light, but its not cold or hot and now won't do anything but that flashing. Won't turn on and won't charge, just flashes when the button is pressed or the charging cable attached. Way out of warranty.

So today I ordered a Crafty +. I'm up in northern Newfoundland at my place there but I had brought the JCat replacement battery that I'd ordered last year with me. I'd procrastinated replacing the down to three sessions battery, in part because I'm not that handy with small precise stuff. But I watched JCat's video and earlier this eve, and to my amazement, after a bit of nudging and gentle prying, it all went together. I turned it on briefly before charging the new battery and it started heating up!, which it had been refusing to do. And now its charging, apparently normally. The Crafty 20% more has the temp sensor taped to the battery, so perhaps that was the problem. But it works. I'm doubly amazed and delighted. We'll see how it goes. I would be almost joyous to cancel my Crafty + order as its comes to over $300US with tax and shipping at the lowest price I can find here in Canada. I love the old guy.

PS: Fully charged in 15 or so minutes. Just did a doing cap with a lovely sativa--the apparently award-winning Ritual Green Lemon Haze, grown here in the Atlantic Provinces. Ye auld Crafty (20% More!) seems fine, even happy, as if a piece of electronics had bit of heart. I've been an atheist since I was a kid, but this could make me a believer!
How awesome, the ingenuity of other ENT's wins the day again. Hopefully it lasts you another 100 hours or more.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
After I wrote the above, I tried one more hit and suddenly the blue light was flashing at top speed and in the app it showed the battery completely empty, that's after two mini sessions when it showed as fully charged in the app, putting it in the boost mode at the end of the second. So it went from a quick fully charged to complete discharge in those two brief sessions. It made me think I was delusional to think I'd fixed it. So I put it on the charger and finished running it up to full this morning. Took two hours of charging, not a near instant fully charge as per last eve. Now I've run it without a cap or weed, but as I typically use it with each filled cap: Two modest 375F sessions and then a boost mode session at 410F. I've now run it through three of these cycles--nine mini sessions--and its still showing three bars. I've put it back on the charger and it seems to be charging just fine. And not one moment of flashing red/blue lights. I'm going to charge it again and run it a time or two again: If it works, I'm going to cancel my Crafty + order. And having been resurrected, I will sing the praises of S-B and the apostle St. JCat!

PS: Not sure whether it was the new battery or something else that got the temp sensor to work correctly. Maybe there was corrosion on the contact or something, as I did have to unplug it to get the old battery out and then plugged it back in. Just guessing.

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Seems to be working like almost new. Not even a moment of flashing red/blue. Charges fine and is holding the charge well enough for at least 9 mini sessions, probably more. I usually use concentrates in the evening with bangers or oil vapes, but just to check, I stuck with the Crafty and did three dosing caps, each with two mini-session and then a final boost-mode mini. I have great flower--Ritual Lemon Haze--and got surprisingly rocked, as good as from diamonds and live resin. The place I ordered the new Crafty + allowed me to cancel my order. I'm one happy camper.

Again, not sure if it was the new battery, plugging battery temp sensor out and then back in, or something else, but more important than the new battery, the false temp too high/temp too low flashing has completely stopped.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
POTV is now selling the older model Crafty+ for $199. The updated model hit the market today.
Wait a minute! There's a Crafty + +?

PS: Just went to the POTV site and its the "2021" model. Appears that there are two upgrades from the C +: USB charging and ceramic coated bowl, like they just released on the upgraded Mighty.

Last edited:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
So I’m beating up on the new Crafty+C. Nice little beast. However, the S&B web app and Android app wont let me pair the new device due to “BLE issues”. Is this a known issue? I got frustrated and may go without app control but the light show isn’t the stealthiest when I’m out sneaking a toke.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Did you get a C + or the newest 2021 C +? Just curious.

When my original ogCrafty after 11 months of use stopped connecting to the app via bluetooth, I contacted S-B and they had me send it in and sent me the newest 20% more version. If I were you, I'd contact S-B.

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

cilantro

Did you get a C + or the newest 2021 C +? Just curious.

When my original ogCrafty after 11 months of use stopped connecting to the app via bluetooth, I contacted S-B and they had me send it in and sent me the newest 20% more version. If I were you, I'd contact S-B.
I got the newest C+ directly from S&B. After some digging around, I found the suggestion to use Bluefy for iOS as a web browser to connect. This is the only solution that finally worked. The paid WebBLE app that S&B suggests does not work for my new Crafty C+. I am definitely an S&B fan but this app headache doesn’t seem very on brand for such a premium priced device.

b0

Cloudy...
I got the newest C+ directly from S&B. After some digging around, I found the suggestion to use Bluefy for iOS as a web browser to connect. This is the only solution that finally worked. The paid WebBLE app that S&B suggests does not work for my new Crafty C+. I am definitely an S&B fan but this app headache doesn’t seem very on brand for such a premium priced device.
Don't blame S&B problems on them, this is Apple's wrongdoing. We have no issues using Android.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Crafty+ Update!

Really this is total BS. I finally decided to buy a Crafty+ and now less than 2 years they are coming out with a Crafty+ update (faster charging, USB-c, and ceramic bowl).

I feel that this is a total F**k you to those of us who bought the original Crafty+; if this was the intention then Storz and Bickel should have done these upgrades for the original Crafty+. This is a total low blow. I will think twice about supporting this company in the future.

Now the old Crafty+ is going for $199 vs $279 for the updated version.

Storz & Bickel - thanks for screwing me over.

Tiny88,
  • Sad

cilantro

Don't blame S&B problems on them, this is Apple's wrongdoing. We have no issues using Android.
Not really trying to place blame on S&B. I’ve owned most of the lineup and love them (except for Plenty which Jurgen called an “okay” vape lol)
I have both Android and iOS and as a data point, both needed a workaround. I’m just happy that the Bluefy browser works for me.
Anecdotally, my new Crafty+C is pumping out clouds so quickly compared to my OG Mighty (20% version). Pretty happy and optimistic for solid daily driving while out.

ludwig

It has been a while since I finally bought a vaporizer. I had my Mighty Serviced 2x and Herbalizer 1x since 2014/2015. Mighty battery ended up fried and S&B wouldn't replace it so I ended up selling it to a friend and the friend used it mostly as a pass through before he stopped using it.

I have been using Herbalizer for a good while now usually with a glass piece. Growing tired of the level of maintenance/handling of the Herbalizer itself. Was heavily considering Vapexhale Evo, Tafee or Hopper IO and I missed the Crafty+ update I heard about the Mighty+ and it didn't appeal to me.

Crafty++ though honestly seems to be Mighty Jr in some form. Seems promising so far that this version of Crafty now has resolved the gripes of it in the past with battery life/charging issues.

Looking forward to a simple device to be able to use anywhere I go and around the house essentially.

Hoping it can hold up to 5-6 bowls which would be near 75% of my OG Mighty at 8 bowls which would be acceptable for me before recharging.

Got a discount code so jumped on the Crafty++. Been a while since I'm eagerly waiting for the tracking number!

Will see if this can retire Herbalizer.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

BLE-and-location-services.jpg

Seantagon

My 3rd crafty died on me a few months ago. Pretty tempted to pick up the 2020+ for $199. Still seems pricey considering the still poor battery and not being changable. Also a pain to clean, but I will have 4 coolers if I get another one lol. picked up the boundless cfv then returned it as it was a horrible vape by comparison! I do miss my crafty though 🤔

Seantagon,

MGG

Crafty+ Update!

Really this is total BS. I finally decided to buy a Crafty+ and now less than 2 years they are coming out with a Crafty+ update (faster charging, USB-c, and ceramic bowl).

I feel that this is a total F**k you to those of us who bought the original Crafty+; if this was the intention then Storz and Bickel should have done these upgrades for the original Crafty+. This is a total low blow. I will think twice about supporting this company in the future.

Lmao what the heck are you talking about.
'How dare Storz n Bickel update their products after a couple years!!' wut?
Yeah they should do what they did with the Volcano and wait like 10 years to update it. I bet the 'fans' will love that >.> (sarcasm) XD.

Alternatively they could have just updated ONLY the Mighty and Crafty fans would have been like 'wtf wheres our update??'

Storz N Bickel have released a number of refreshes on the Crafty+
You can now get the original Crafty's cheaper.

How is this screwing over any customers lmao?
I get that you're salty because you bought it recently but if you were following Storz n Bickel they have been hinting at this for months and a refresh was long overdue. Actually over 10 months ago to be exact.

Also none of this means your Crafty+ is suddenly shit.
The original crafty+ is still a great unit. The charging difference is only about 25minutes anyways.
If your Crafty ends up breaking under warranty I wont be surprised if they replace it with the new one.

Choices

Crafty+ Update!

Would you give them $80 and your Crafty+ in exchange for the new one? Just curious if you think it is worth the money to update....

Choices,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Lmao what the heck are you talking about.
'How dare Storz n Bickel update their products after a couple years!!' wut?
Yeah they should do what they did with the Volcano and wait like 10 years to update it. I bet the 'fans' will love that >.> (sarcasm) XD.

Alternatively they could have just updated ONLY the Mighty and Crafty fans would have been like 'wtf wheres our update??'

Storz N Bickel have released a number of refreshes on the Crafty+
You can now get the original Crafty's cheaper.

How is this screwing over any customers lmao?
I get that you're salty because you bought it recently but if you were following Storz n Bickel they have been hinting at this for months and a refresh was long overdue. Actually over 10 months ago to be exact.

Also none of this means your Crafty+ is suddenly shit.
The original crafty+ is still a great unit. The charging difference is only about 25minutes anyways.
If your Crafty ends up breaking under warranty I wont be surprised if they replace it with the new one.
Yes, it is within every company's prerogative to do whatever they want to their product line - however, I feel the move from the Crafty to Crafty+ and then to upgrade within 2 years to the ++ was extremely short-sighted in product development and planning. What was the point of launching the Crafty+ if the company planned to have significant upgrades thereafter?

I guess shame on me for not following their news - but really this is just not cool. Yes, does the Crafty+ rock - yeah it does, but to me, it is the principle of preserving the value of your vape and have it depreciate overnight is very unpleasant.

Tiny88,
Top Bottom