Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

HomerSchwag

S&B website sells a specific charger for the Crafty\Crafty+. Here is the description:

“for CRAFTY+ & CRAFTY

Practical Charger: The USB Charger plug supports 2.4 A at 12 W. It is perfect for traveling abroad, for use at the office and at home thanks to the interchangeable plugs.”

Michel

I have a 2nd Crafty in used condition lying here and I wonder how I could clean and disinfect the housing. Any ideas? It's not old but dusty and dirty from the outside...

Michel,

blackstone

Edit. I answered something that was already answered.
I have a 2nd Crafty in used condition lying here and I wonder how I could clean and disinfect the housing. Any ideas? It's not old but dusty and dirty from the outside...
I would first use a dry brush such as painting brush, I often do this for dust in the fins, and maybe after with the same brush and rag slightly moist with iso.

Last edited:

Michel

Edit. I answered something that was already answered.

I would first use a dry brush such as painting brush, I often do this for dust in the fins, and maybe after with the same brush and rag slightly moist with iso.

Thank you, I meanwhile cleaned it with some mild disinfectant and a small towel, fin by fin. Took me some hours to make my hypochondriac ocd feel comfortable with a used vape I probably won’t even keep. But looks like new again!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I am getting back in the swing of things, first review video in a while, let me know where I can improve!

Thanks Buzz. Great review. I've had a Crafty for over three years and out of my dozen or so vapes, its the one I reach for the most. I'm an always dosing caps guy, and I've got four of the little blue and orange caddies, one loaded with sativas, one loaded with indicas, one loaded with concentrate sandwiches, and one for empties. If I have one suggestion for you, its slow down a bit. You've got a clear knowledgeable voice; you don't need to rush.

zzrvr

My Crafty is pretty old, however I replaced the battery which really helped, now the plastic is breaking away at the top. Is there anyway I could buy just the body?

zzrvr,

DrDurdle

hi guys,
i used an old Crafty some years ago.
after its battery gave up eventually, i got myself a Mighty.
that unit did me great but its getting its airpath closed, so i ordered a Crafty+ yesterday.
vapour is fantastic, absolutely great.

my first charge only lasted 48 minutes tho, i did track via app.
got kinda nervous.
second full recharge only lasted 38 minutes.

are those the actual numbers i have to adapt to?

DrDurdle,

JCat

Accessory Maker
hi guys,
that unit did me great but its getting its airpath closed, so i ordered a Crafty+ yesterday.

got kinda nervous.

Sounds about right. 4 bowls is what you get on a Crafty/Crafty+ average. (Can get up to 6, but in practice, 4 is a better #)

RobbIt

hi guys,

got kinda nervous.

I’ve had three Craftys and two Mightys. I love them, but all three developed significant battery decline at about 30-50 hours of use. I expected at least 200 hours before deterioration. I don’t think that’s unrealistic for devices that cost $250-350. I will wait for upgrades in the next Mighty to see if SB can figure this out.

Sounds about right. 4 bowls is what you get on a Crafty/Crafty+ average. (Can get up to 6, but in practice, 4 is a better #)
It starts as four bowls and quickly diminishes to two in my experience with three Craftys. I haven’t (and likely won’t) try a Crafty +.

RobbIt,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
It starts as four bowls and quickly diminishes to two in my experience with three Craftys. I haven’t (and likely won’t) try a Crafty +.
I haven’t had the same experience with my Crafty nor Mighty. Now the battery does eventually degrade as all Liion batteries do, and how fast this happens is dependant on usage and charging patterns in my experience (like all liion devices such as phones, cordless tools, etc)

the batteries can of course be changed as well once they deteriorate below an acceptable level.

JCat,
Reactions: RobbIt

RobbIt

I haven’t had the same experience with my Crafty nor Mighty. Now the battery does eventually degrade as all Liion batteries do, and how fast this happens is dependant on usage and charging patterns in my experience (like all liion devices such as phones, cordless tools, etc)

the batteries can of course be changed as well once they deteriorate below an acceptable level.
What’s your expectation for useful battery life (hours usage)? I realize the user variations create variability but I’m never over 390F yet battery declines after 30-50 hours. I’m glad you haven’t experienced this although this is a known problem for Storz for years now.

RobbIt,

JCat

Accessory Maker
What’s your expectation for useful battery life (hours usage)? I realize the user variations create variability but I’m never over 390F yet battery declines after 30-50 hours. I’m glad you haven’t experienced this although this is a known problem for Storz for years now.
You should get >200 hours, however, there are factors.

- If you have long sessions, this causes the battery temperature to be high during operation (although not excessive)
- If you frequently push the 4 bowls out of the device (ie. drain the batteries), this will have a negative impact for a couple reasons. One reason is that it just generally decreases liion battery life to fully discharge. (although I'm not sure what their cut-off is in this device). It also means that it will be drawing more current during use; as the battery's voltage drops, it requires more current (amps) to produce the same power (watts). Pushing a cell closer to its current limit will decrease its life.
- If you fully charge the device then store it unused frequently for long enough periods, this will also significantly decrease battery life.
- Operating or charging the cell in too cold or too hot weather also impacts it.
- And on and on.

Now all that being said, I don't think the Crafty's battery management is very good, so if the user doesn't take care to manage it themselves, you do likely get reduced battery life.

RobbIt

- If you have long sessions, this causes the battery temperature to be high during operation (although not excessive)
- If you frequently push the 4 bowls out of the device (ie. drain the batteries), this will have a negative impact for a couple reasons. One reason is that it just generally decreases liion battery life to fully discharge. (although I'm not sure what their cut-off is in this device). It also means that it will be drawing more current during use; as the battery's voltage drops, it requires more current (amps) to produce the same power (watts). Pushing a cell closer to its current limit will decrease its life.
- If you fully charge the device then store it unused frequently for long enough periods, this will also significantly decrease battery life.
- Operating or charging the cell in too cold or too hot weather also impacts it.
- And on and on.

Now all that being said, I don't think the Crafty's battery management is very good, so if the user doesn't take care to manage it themselves, you do likely get reduced battery life.
Thank you JCat. Makes good sense.

RobbIt,

DonMarteng

Just received my Simrell Adapter to fit a Vortex on my Crafty and its such a delight. It fits perfectly and the cooling is significant.
Really appreciate this new toy, if you already got a Vortex this is the way to go. They also work with regular VCs but I havent tried that yet since the Vortex is sooooo good :D

DonMarteng,
Reactions: RobbIt

Atomic11

- And on and on.

so do one or two bowls and then charge? is it bad to leave it on the charger?

Atomic11,

HomerSchwag

so do one or two bowls and then charge? is it bad to leave it on the charger?
I charge every 2 bowls most of the time. I keep my battery between 20-80% to maximize lifespan. Occasionally I drain & charge completely just to give the battery a reset. You don’t want to store the battery below 20% or above 80% for long periods of time, it will diminish the overall lifespan.

Top Bottom