Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

blissfulyogi

Hi I just hopped out from the mighty thread, just want to ask you guys if you see any benefits in the terms of material / performance compared to old crafty, does it crack the same around the CU mount/ chamber? Thank you
I also compared my old used mighty to a new one I got in late 2019 and I can see clearly that its either oily or different plastic material, the new mighty seems to have matte finish

blissfulyogi,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Benson X

Just picked-up my first "Dry Herb" vape last night - I've been a classic "combustion smoker" for the last 20+ years. I've used tabletop box vapes in the past and always loved how clean and pure the experience was, but the convenience of smoking a bowl was ingrained in me for years.

I had been looking in to a Tera V3, Mighty, or Crafty/Crafty+. I found a (used) Crafty for sale locally and met up with the guy last night to pick it up. He sold it to me for $50 and said he rarely used it. The thing looked brand-new and after getting it connected to the app, I saw it only had 0:40 minutes of usage on it. Basically brand-new! I thoroughly cleaned and sterilized it and proceeded to get to vaping. I love it - I basically want to vape all day on it - but I don't think my employer would like that ;)

Also picked up some accessories for it (side kit direct from S&B and some good wear and tear parts from @Vape_Or_Die420 - thanks again Dan!), but I don't want to go crazy and start spending hundreds of $$$ on boutique specialty equipment. Just going to keep it simple and enjoy what I have.

I can't wait to get done with work and "chores" today so I can pack that thing with some heady good'ness tonight!

Benson X

Crafty+ is great. I love mine.
This is the (original) Crafty but it has been hitting like a champ, so far. Still dialing-in the best temp settings, best strains to vape and how fine to grind it. Pretty much fool-proof though - using the dosing caps keeps it super clean and even toasting all the way through.

Too late! Enjoy.
I need to keep my expenses down right now and I know how slippery the slope on Vape Mountain can be. There are tons of fancy accessories and tools out there that are calling to me, but I need to be strong. I'm pretty stoked that I was able to get into this setup for right around $100 (so far):

$50 for the Crafty
$30 for some extras/spare parts from @Vape_Or_Die420
$25 for a Side Kit + Dose Caps and Magazine from S&B

I will say that it's hard to find spares and accessories for this thing, right now. Seems like everyone is out of stock.

Nice score @Benson X, congrats!
Thanks man - I was skeptical of buying a (used) rig, especially at that price; like the saying goes: "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is" - but it was legit and practically brand-new and the guy I got it from was a older gentleman who was not sketchy at all...not a tweeker or shady dude at all.

ginolicious

Just picked-up my first "Dry Herb" vape last night - I've been a classic "combustion smoker" for the last 20+ years. I've used tabletop box vapes in the past and always loved how clean and pure the experience was, but the convenience of smoking a bowl was ingrained in me for years.

I had been looking in to a Tera V3, Mighty, or Crafty/Crafty+. I found a (used) Crafty for sale locally and met up with the guy last night to pick it up. He sold it to me for $50 and said he rarely used it. The thing looked brand-new and after getting it connected to the app, I saw it only had 0:40 minutes of usage on it. Basically brand-new! I thoroughly cleaned and sterilized it and proceeded to get to vaping. I love it - I basically want to vape all day on it - but I don't think my employer would like that ;)

Also picked up some accessories for it (side kit direct from S&B and some good wear and tear parts from @Vape_Or_Die420 - thanks again Dan!), but I don't want to go crazy and start spending hundreds of $$$ on boutique specialty equipment. Just going to keep it simple and enjoy what I have.

I can't wait to get done with work and "chores" today so I can pack that thing with some heady good'ness tonight!

That is one crazy deal. That’s only a handful of sessions that thing had. Congrats on the purchase bro!

Benson X

That is one crazy deal. That’s only a handful of sessions that thing had. Congrats on the purchase bro!
Thank you - I'm stoked on it! :D

I am partial to temp stepping (with most of my vapes)
On the Crafty, I like starting at 335F, then 365F, then 395F. YMMV

You got a great deal on your Crafty!
Thanks Jill! I will give that a shot. I started out pretty high (well, yes, but no pun intended ;)) between 380°F-395°F and it wasn't too harsh, but I did have some surprises that hit way harder than anticipated. Lotsa variables in play to dial it in, and every flower and grind is going to perform differently, I'm sure. I'll try some lower temps and ramp up from there and see how it goes.

I was also pretty ignorant to how much the temp can affect the medicinal/euphoric properties of the herb, so that's been very interesting to learn about.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Thanks man - I was skeptical of buying a (used) rig, especially at that price; like the saying goes: "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is" - but it was legit and practically brand-new and the guy I got it from was a older gentleman who was not sketchy at all...not a tweeker or shady dude at all.

A lot of times people buy stuff and not really into it. I know I've bought plenty of stuff I used a couple times and forgot about it till I decided to sell it, often at discounts to get rid of it.

Benson X

A lot of times people buy stuff and not really into it. I know I've bought plenty of stuff I used a couple times and forgot about it till I decided to sell it, often at discounts to get rid of it.
That was definitely the case here - the guy I got it from was super generous and honest.

I guess I was just prepared for the worst and trying not go get my hopes up. I also did quite a bit of research beforehand to make sure it was not potentially a counterfeit unit (like the fake 'Mightys' that are out there) but was relieved to learn the Crafty has not been faked (AFAIK).

Nano-Doser

Do any of you guys own a crafty plus and solo 2? I am just about to order a crafty plus as I'm tired of the dry harshness of my solo 2. I want to find out how much less irritating the vapour is from the crafty than the solo? Is it a significant difference or am I just not suited to vaping? When I smoked I had no issues with chest and throat irritation but the solo 2 and my dynavaps are recently becoming problematic for me. Does the vapour in the crafty cool down much more as it passes through the cooling unit? Any advice would be great. It's awkward as I obviously won't be able to return the crafty after using it if I find it is also harsh on my chest. Thanks in advance!

Nano-Doser,

DonMarteng

I have mixed feeling about my Crafty+ after 5 months of regular use. Owned all S&B vapes, except for the Hybrid and I gotta say I dont see a lot of improvement overall. The worst part about this vape is the battery, I average 3 uses which is just like the old Crafty I sold. Pumps out vapor like a beast for sure, just like the Mighty but the old Crafty is not far behind in my opinion. Would I buy it again? Nope.
With the resources and technology they have this upgrade to me is a joke, even though its still a very good vape.

@Nano-Doser If you want more cooling go for a Mighty, the MP cools way better compared to the Crafty. There is also the Plenty which does a fantastic job at cooling. But maybe you should rather look into water filtration/cooling to minimize the irritation? Low temps are also a beneficial factor and keeping your throat moist with some drinks while vaping. At the moment Im using my Vapman all day long with very little visible vapour and my lungs have never felt better ;)

Last edited:

Benson X

Just wanted to share a serendipitous surprise.

I had a spare hard-case that was not being used, so I wanted to see if it would fit my Crafty and some accessories. The case was originally used as packaging to ship a custom flashlight; it is pretty rigid and has a nice waterproof gasket and decent foam padding inside.

Extra bonus points that it is blaze orange and seems to perfectly match and fit the badass embossed 'Crafty' sticker that @Vape_Or_Die420 had included with the accessories I got from him.

ACtC-3fEkHxJrau6w6zc36KGeGbR6cW1IytBAzDb1DzVVQlOaN_cIxlIZ0r3-a6syNJvZgV2fZj8pqEVm8tLVaE8yJQZWPZvqle9MOahUkVRyBC7GyQBuCeWy9b1fAIN2cktBSXa0OsHUnY-nnNgvHZE3BQhFA=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3ejI41LqyubfcY9mWVghvuHW445Ykvpc3VoeOOSYSPgbsv0fyyazgrtyZg5MPCwM8ymoYGAeS8G6p9hEXXFfPY3G2k5gddPKCCNvhkWs7Z2fSQZ8nkRJSCCAQHcar77kEAKtOvaQVGcvfVrX9GUIHdiRw=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3foxPB4FaGbPd5W472I80YezeElgcLI7R4ej0wVsbN23xlS6cV50rRbk_euvu0PdM6S9DfdE0kOR5izjU14JnISFCZrXNVJ97xui-AjPEXXX-l6o-8Dg1wsksSXboM33iGYoKCUI1vw3Xk9lUCBD_Xn1w=w1250-h937-no

It does indeed hold all the spares and extras I have, but I don't think I will store the extra cooling units in there. I want to make sure I have space for some extra Dose Caps and magazine/loader (when I get them); there should be room (I hope).

It's the little things like this that make my day. I'm a simple kind of man. :D

shopdognyc

Interesting looking at the comments from 2014 and now. I own the Mighty first and it was time getting used to, appreciating the flavor. I have forever been someone who rolled his herbs. Schooled years later went to Pax 2, but I didn't appreciate not getting a lot of each pack.

A nice barista near work got me onto the Crafty and went and purchased the Mighty. Its been a lot of trial and error for me, and smoke at the highest temperature at night and sleep very well and relax. Its been interesting exploring this further and you can connect it to a pipe/rig. I have yet to find but definitely on the search.

The cost is high, but I've had nice experience with pricing from askweedipedia. I liked it so much, I purchased a Crafty+ to bring to work, configured it at lower temperature to just keep it easy during the day.

shopdognyc,

Kins

Interesting looking at the comments from 2014 and now. I own the Mighty first and it was time getting used to, appreciating the flavor. I have forever been someone who rolled his herbs. Schooled years later went to Pax 2, but I didn't appreciate not getting a lot of each pack.

A nice barista near work got me onto the Crafty and went and purchased the Mighty. Its been a lot of trial and error for me, and smoke at the highest temperature at night and sleep very well and relax. Its been interesting exploring this further and you can connect it to a pipe/rig. I have yet to find but definitely on the search.

The cost is high, but I've had nice experience with pricing from askweedipedia. I liked it so much, I purchased a Crafty+ to bring to work, configured it at lower temperature to just keep it easy during the day.

Askweedipedia is terrible. I guess you got lucky.

Kins,

shopdognyc

Askweedipedia is terrible. I guess you got lucky.

Thanks. I did some searching and read it was “legit.”
I found depending on how you went into the site, the prices varied full to discounted. My crafty and iq2 are from there with a significant discount.

Since I am still figuring this out, can you recommend any resources?

shopdognyc,

Kins

Thanks. I did some searching and read it was “legit.”
I found depending on how you went into the site, the prices varied full to discounted. My crafty and iq2 are from there with a significant discount.

Since I am still figuring this out, can you recommend any resources?

There are a lot of fake reviews regarding that company. If you give a 1 or 2 star review they will actually contact you and offer big discounts for changing a negative into a positive review.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

shopdognyc

There are a lot of fake reviews regarding that company. If you give a 1 or 2 star review they will actually contact you and offer big discounts for changing a negative into a positive review.

Thanks for that. Haven't had issues with my Crafty+ yet, and will have to watch up for when the Davinci IQ2 comes in.

Thankful for the feedback.

shopdognyc,

Kins

Thanks for that. Haven't had issues with my Crafty+ yet, and will have to watch up for when the Davinci IQ2 comes in.

Thankful for the feedback.

No worries about the crafty+ and Storz & Bickel. I have a Crafty+ I got somewhere else. Anyway the RMA experience was flawless with them. A little slow because of Covid but they gave me wonderful customer service, so if you ever have to ship it you need not have to worry.

Kins,
Top Bottom