Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
My two year old and out of warranty Crafty is having a problem that I don't see in the manual or Support on the S-B website. More and more often when I hit the button to start it, it just blinks rapidly alternating red and blue. If I have the app with me, it tells me: Temperature too low Warm the battery. Which is absurd, as it in the eighties around here. If I plug it into the power sometimes it will fix itself, same if I hold the button while its flashing red and blue. Probably a temp sensor or connection. Anything I can do? Too bad too, cause I'm waiting for a replacement battery to cross the border. But the old battery is weak, but definitely not dead, so not the issue.

Polarbearboy,

shopdognyc

My two year old and out of warranty Crafty is having a problem that I don't see in the manual or Support on the S-B website. More and more often when I hit the button to start it, it just blinks rapidly alternating red and blue. If I have the app with me, it tells me: Temperature too low Warm the battery. Which is absurd, as it in the eighties around here. If I plug it into the power sometimes it will fix itself, same if I hold the button while its flashing red and blue. Probably a temp sensor or connection. Anything I can do? Too bad too, cause I'm waiting for a replacement battery to cross the border. But the old battery is weak, but definitely not dead, so not the issue.
Did at least try writing to them?

shopdognyc,

Kins

Turn crafty on, then start the app on your phone, connect to your

to reset it you,
switch on the vaporizer.
Press the on/off switch for 10 seconds. The reset is acknowledged by the following running lights: red/green/blue/red/green/blue/red green blue and simultaneous vibration

That should do the trick. Or you can reset it via the settings section in the web app or phone app. At least it might be a temp fix.

cheeseholidays

Does anyone have a reliable way to get in touch with S&B?

I’ve been trying to get a RMA going for over a month, but I’m getting nowhere. I get that everything is upended by COVID, but this is a bit much IMO.

Kins

I’ve been trying to get a RMA going for over a month, but I’m getting nowhere. I get that everything is upended by COVID, but this is a bit much IMO.

DId you register your vape at their website? It should be easier once you do that. My RMA with them went very smoothly and yes it was slow, but not bad at all compared to other companies.

Kins,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

I have been having difficulty reaching them as well. I finally just submitted an RMA request (by register my Crafty in their site)
They approved it after a few days, and I sent my Crafty back to them but still haven’t reached a human being even though I email/ leave a message several times a week.
Last week they closed out the RMA, no idea if they fixed my Crafty or what... very frustrating.

I get that hours and labor are limited due to Covid, but they are big enough that they should be able to email back and/or answer calls remotely - even if to just say they are running behind, etc.

I am hoping that it will magically reappear on my doorstep repaired and ready for action, but I’m not holding my breath.

cheeseholidays

DId you register your vape at their website? It should be easier once you do that. My RMA with them went very smoothly and yes it was slow, but not bad at all compared to other companies.

Yep, it’s registered. Created the rma mid July, and it’s been pending since. The weird thing is I got a response super quickly that it was out of warranty but I could pay to swap for a new one or Mighty (expected, and yes please). But I haven’t gotten a thing since. Tried emails, voicemails, and DMing them on social. I got a response on social, but it was just the German branch telling me they’ll forward the message along.

I’m not even sure if the rma is pending their approval or pending me sending the old device. Like should I have sent the old Crafty in?

cheeseholidays,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yep, it’s registered. Created the rma mid July, and it’s been pending since. The weird thing is I got a response super quickly that it was out of warranty but I could pay to swap for a new one or Mighty (expected, and yes please). But I haven’t gotten a thing since. Tried emails, voicemails, and DMing them on social. I got a response on social, but it was just the German branch telling me they’ll forward the message along.

I’m not even sure if the rma is pending their approval or pending me sending the old device. Like should I have sent the old Crafty in?
Did they give you an RMA #? If so, you should definitely just send it back (says the person who has no idea where her Crafty is at this moment... maybe don’t listen to me :) )

Kins

So what does it say in your account then?

Kins,

cheeseholidays

So what does it say in your account then?

The device status is registered and the RMA status is pending. The email I received after submitting it indicated that I would be contacted once it was reviewed, so I had been under the assumption that I was waiting for them to review the request before I sent it in.

cheeseholidays,

Kins

The device status is registered and the RMA status is pending. The email I received after submitting it indicated that I would be contacted once it was reviewed, so I had been under the assumption that I was waiting for them to review the request before I sent it in.

I guess they are just slow. Mine didn't take that long at all it was smooth sailing. If you already have an RMA number I'd think you should be able to ship it back. However once my RMA was approved it said "approved" and I was able to print out the pre-paid label directly from the site. You should be able to look at notes they made on your RMA right from your account at the storz and bikel website. I think the approval took the longest time. I just didn't worry about it to much and I purchased a volcano hybrid so I'd have something to use in the mean time.

Kins,

cheeseholidays

I guess they are just slow. Mine didn't take that long at all it was smooth sailing. If you already have an RMA number I'd think you should be able to ship it back. However once my RMA was approved it said "approved" and I was able to print out the pre-paid label directly from the site. You should be able to look at notes they made on your RMA right from your account at the storz and bikel website.

All the notes are on the RMA are mine except for the initial “hey your device is out of warranty, but you can pay for a replacement, let us know if you’re interested”.

cheeseholidays,

shopdognyc

Would be interesting to see what kind of statistics on the number of people with RMA's now, since the pandemic. Weed prices have soared, and probably more devices with issues due to persistent use.

shopdognyc,

Kins

All the notes are on the RMA are mine except for the initial “hey your device is out of warranty, but you can pay for a replacement, let us know if you’re interested”.

I'd just ship it in if I were you. However it sounds as if they can't do anything for you since it's out of warranty. If you let them know you wanted to purchase a replacement, what did they say to that?. Maybe they offer some kind of discount to previous owners or something?. Otherwise I wouldn't know why they would want it back....

cheeseholidays

I'd just ship it in if I were you. However it sounds as if they can't do anything for you since it's out of warranty. If you let them know you wanted to purchase a replacement, what did they say to that?. Maybe they offer some kind of discount to previous owners or something?. Otherwise I wouldn't know why they would want it back....

I didn’t even ask initially, they offered “a CRAFTY+ for $179.00 USD or alternatively a MIGHTY for $249.00 USD with a new warranty period.”

Maybe because it was only a few months out of warranty?

I responded to that with my interest and have heard nothing since. I assume they want the old device as “trade”.

I’m very appreciative of the offer and, now please... take my money.

Kins

I didn’t even ask initially, they offered “a CRAFTY+ for $179.00 USD or alternatively a MIGHTY for $249.00 USD with a new warranty period.”

Maybe because it was only a few months out of warranty?

I responded to that with my interest and have heard nothing since. I assume they want the old device as “trade”.

I’m very appreciative of the offer and, now please... take my money.

I'd get that Mighty!. Good deal on that. I'd just wait on them or send them a new reply....Or maybe ship it back and just sit back and see what happens. Just make sure you write the RMA number on the box or check to see if there is one on the label already if you got a label from them. Otherwise just write it on the box with a magic marker.

Kins,

cheeseholidays

I'd get that Mighty!. Good deal on that. I'd just wait on them or send them a new reply....Or maybe ship it back and just sit back and see what happens. Just make sure you write the RMA number on the box or check to see if there is one on the label already if you got a label from them. Otherwise just write it on the box with a magic marker.

I’m leaning towards just sending it in with a note to be honest. I’m not using the device at this point.

cheeseholidays,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@cheeseholidays - Excellent call! I signed up on Fed Ex (already have USPS and UPS) and sure enough.... there is a package arriving on Monday from S & B!

I guess they fixed it?
Mine was out of warranty as well (2015). I was expecting them to offer me the same deal as you when they received it. I followed up with them through the RMA system, email, and voicemail when I saw it was delivered to them. I never heard a word except automated email responses (in German) and one that said RMA was closed.

I will report back on Monday.

Edit:
However once my RMA was approved it said "approved" and I was able to print out the pre-paid label directly from the site.
I paid for shipping... either they didn’t offer, or I didn’t notice it was available.

Last edited:

cheeseholidays

@cheeseholidays - Excellent call! I signed up on Fed Ex (already have USPS and UPS) and sure enough.... there is a package arriving on Monday from S & B!

I guess they fixed it?
Mine was out of warranty as well (2015). I was expecting them to offer me the same deal as you when they received it. I followed up with them through the RMA system, email, and voicemail when I saw it was delivered to them. I never heard a word except automated email responses (in German) and one that said RMA was closed.

I will report back on Monday.

Edit:

I paid for shipping... either they didn’t offer, or I didn’t notice it was available.

That gives me some hope! Cleaned, packed, and ready to go! 🤞

cheeseholidays,

Kins

Heating up my crafty+ now. It gives better flavor than my volcano hybrid at low temps.

Kins,
Top Bottom