budweis

Comfortably Numb
While face-melting hits on glass are still my favorite way how to use CL, recently I have enjoyed using DV on a half-bowl setting during the day. The flavor is a little bit subdued compared to the full-glass setup but still tasty. Also, being Czech, it made me chuckle to pair the German oak with the Czech bog oak sleeve :) Still happy with my purchase.
----
XlK9dgCl.jpg

nicanaca0

I have one and I like it a lot. One complaint, the Dfreez bowl is too narrow to use the golf tee. It's great for a one-hitter on a J-hook.
That’s unlucky I think, I have two from him and they both fit the golf tee. Maybe it’s your golf tee though 🤔

nicanaca0,

coolbreeze

Can someone explain why people use differebt bowl and why you would buy dfreez bowls? I have money to burn 😂
The regular herb chambers hold the heater very close to the load which requires lower temps and careful toking to avoid unevenness; the bigger bowl reduces the unevenness, allows for larger loads and higher temps; the Joda bowl allows for large and small adjustments in distance and load size, and handles single-hit loads better than the others. I'd recommend the joda bowl (and the glass bowl) as an almost necessary piece of the kit.

bobothevaper

The regular herb chambers hold the heater very close to the load which requires lower temps and careful toking to avoid unevenness; the bigger bowl reduces the unevenness, allows for larger loads and higher temps; the Joda bowl allows for large and small adjustments in distance and load size, and handles single-hit loads better than the others. I'd recommend the joda bowl (and the glass bowl) as an almost necessary piece of the kit.
Ok. Interesting. I just ordered it with the 14mm. Any links to a joda bowl?

bobothevaper,

coolbreeze

Ok. Interesting. I just ordered it with the 14mm. Any links to a joda bowl?
Here's what it is:

Gotta ask @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd to make you one!

Pcloudy

Anyone know if the 420Eng or Vgoodiez glass couchlog bowls work with the Underdog Alphadog?
I know the reverse is true. I think the underdog alpha glass bowl was awesome with the couch log due to the adjustable screen. I don’t think the alpha is powerful enough for the vgoodies bowl. I had to turn my couch log up a bit to use that bowl with it and I know my alpha never got near as hot as the couch log

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
My guy. Could you post your setup with the cheaper jhook.

Here's the link to my setup from a previous post.

And here they are put together. Please excuse that it needs a cleaning.

I just scoop enough flower to reach where the bowl starts to narrow, maybe 0.1g or so. Then add a nice "garnish" should you be so inclined (kief, hash, rosin, other concentrate) and just invert the naked Couchlog into the bowl - no stem required. The Couchlog head will make a nice seal with the 14mm injector bowl and then you just puff away.

Every heater is different but for this setup, I set the Couchlog to 4.5 on the dial. First hit is incredible. Pure glass airpath coupled with a very open draw and a lovely, powerful heat dump from the ceramic balls. I taste nothing but the flower itself. I love the flat glass mouthpiece and the hits aren't hot for me at all.

There's so much taste that often I salivate like crazy (a reaction I have to the terps sometimes) and I end up drooling like a cheap drunk leering at some cleavage. It's real attractive. 😆

Second hit can usually finish the bowl but sometimes a stir might lead to a cleanup draw. There's very little drop-off in taste for me. All hits are either flavorful or spent with weak flavor, never harsh (at least at my settings).

If anything makes me cough, which is rare, it's the blast of terps hitting the back of my throat. I sometimes have to moderate my draw because if I get too greedy with certain terpy strains, then I might cough but never because of the heat.

Last edited:

bobothevaper

Here's the link to my setup from a previous post.

And here they are put together. Please excuse that it needs a cleaning.

I just scoop enough flower to reach where the bowl starts to narrow, maybe 0.1g or so. Then add a nice "garnish" should you be so inclined (kief, hash, rosin, other concentrate) and just invert the naked Couchlog into the bowl - no stem required. The Couchlog head will make a nice seal with the 14mm injector bowl and then you just puff away.

Every heater is different but for this setup, I set the Couchlog to 4.5 on the dial. First hit is incredible. Pure glass airpath coupled with a very open draw and a lovely, powerful heat dump from the ceramic balls. I taste nothing but the flower itself. I love the flat glass mouthpiece and the hits aren't hot for me at all.

There's so much taste that often I salivate like crazy (a reaction I have to the terps sometimes) and I end up drooling like a cheap drunk leering at some cleavage. It's real attractive. 😆

Second hit can usually finish the bowl but sometimes a stir might lead to a cleanup draw. There's very little drop-off in taste for me. All hits are either flavorful or spent with weak flavor, never harsh (at least at my settings).

If anything makes me cough, which is rare, it's the blast of terps hitting the back of my throat. I sometimes have to moderate my draw because if I get too greedy with certain terpy strains, then I might cough but never because of the heat.
Thats cool. And is there enough space for the log? Looks tighter than a j. Its more like a u.

bobothevaper,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hey All,

Has anyone tried Ed's wooden injector bowl with the CL? Don't think I saw it in this thread. Any thoughts on fit and performance?

Link

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,

Texus

Hey All,

Has anyone tried Ed's wooden injector bowl with the CL? Don't think I saw it in this thread. Any thoughts on fit and performance?

Link
Based on the compatibile products listed, this looks like it is a 18mm female bowl, not the 14 mm female that CL needs. The 14mm and 18mm options listed are for the MALE side.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Based on the compatibile products listed, this looks like it is a 18mm female bowl, not the 14 mm female that CL needs. The 14mm and 18mm options listed are for the MALE side.
Ok, that confirms my suspicions then. I noticed they only mentioned the male side so I was wondering what that meant for female side. I'm not familiar with the compatible products they listed. Thanks.

TigoleBitties,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Ok, that confirms my suspicions then. I noticed they only mentioned the male side so I was wondering what that meant for female side. I'm not familiar with the compatible products they listed. Thanks.
I impulse bought Ed’s first offerings of these bowls in both sizes. I was looking for something to work primarily with my Neo and then my CL. I quickly found some glass bowls that worked better for my Neo, and bought two Dfreez bowls for my CL. I’ll pull out my Ed’s later and check the fit, I think there’s a lip for the CL to rest on. But I have the original bowls, Ed has made improvements since.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I impulse bought Ed’s first offerings of these bowls in both sizes. I was looking for something to work primarily with my Neo and then my CL. I quickly found some glass bowls that worked better for my Neo, and bought two Dfreez bowls for my CL.
Not to derail this thread but what bowls are your favorite for the Neo? I've always found the Crystal Bowl to be too deep. Maybe my white Neo is underpowered? Don't like using max settings for good results.

Can you list the Dfreez bowls you like?
I’ll pull out my Ed’s later and check the fit, I think there’s a lip for the CL to rest on. But I have the original bowls, Ed has made improvements since.
Much appreciated.

TigoleBitties,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Not to derail this thread but what bowls are your favorite for the Neo? I've always found the Crystal Bowl to be too deep. Maybe my white Neo is underpowered? Don't like using max settings for good results.

Can you list the Dfreez bowls you like?

Much appreciated.
DM’ing you on the Neo. Dfreez makes a dedicated CL bowl, sometimes in stock but you can always request a custom CL bowl.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
DM’ing you on the Neo. Dfreez makes a dedicated CL bowl, sometimes in stock but you can always request a custom CL bowl.
Just grabbed a Cocobolo wood bowl from there, thanks!

Edit:

So I was sitting around lamenting the fact that I have this nice looking budder but I avoid using it as I don't have a proper hot knife yet and it's a struggle to scoop out the right amount. I pulled the trigger on a Crossing Hot Knife but won't be here for a while.

I always keep a spare DV cap on my workbench to use as a pick tool or handy scoop. Just on a hunch, I balanced the cap with the scoop part resting right over the CL heater and the other end on the wood sleeve. I left it there to heat up while I loaded a flower bowl in my glass injector.

After that, I was able to use the DV cap as a heated scoop tool as it sank nicely into the budder and I was able to dump some on top of the flower. Maybe I just got lucky with the heat and consistency but felt like a nice little hack so thought I'd share 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Just pulled out my CL and original Ed’s bowls. Neither one of mine would work with a CL, sinks too deep into the bowl. The lip on the ones I have is for an injector to seat on. Not sure if @Ed's TnT newest iterations of the bowls have a secondary internal lip that would allow the CL to properly rest. That Defreez CL bowl will work for you, works perfectly for my UD Alpha as well.

Top Bottom