Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I need more time with this but I think @Zillacon is right on with both how nice it is and that it takes some fiddling. It addresses a longstanding need for folks who like to use dry glass to cool their vapor without flavor loss: it's usually dry, sometimes uncomfortably so. The Humi's a great option, but getting it into the vapor path without too much rigamarole is my current challenge. I've ordered one of these adapters which should simplify things a bit:
14MM%20GLASS%20CARB%20CLOUD%20BUDDY%20ADAPTER-0001.jpg
I have one of those Cloud Buddy's from OGB. It's great.

Might have to order a Humi....

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hey All,

A question about running the CL off a powerbank. I've successfully run the CL with my 5V USB-A powerbank that can supply up to 3A but I just can't seem to get a hot enough temp when used with the VGoodiez glass injector (fixed screen).

I'm thinking of using a USB-C powerbank that could provide more power by raising the voltage above 5V. I remember reading the CL can handle close to 12V but I'm thinking of using 9V using one of these solutions:

link1
link2

If I keep the voltage at 9V I shouldn't damage anything? Any thoughts from someone in the know?

TigoleBitties,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Did you finish the power bank project?
I did get it working to my liking actually but in the end I had to go back to a 5V USB-A cable which guarantees no more than 2.4-3A current draw so 12-15W max. I had to set the temp controller to the max (10) just to get the heat I wanted (comparable to 4.5 on the dial with the wall power supply).

I tried the USB-C cable limited to 9V but I have no control over the current draw when connected to USB-C and the CL got way too hot too fast even with CL temp controller on the lowest setting. My powerbank is capable of 45W from USB-C and this is way over the 12W max the CL wants and the cable/CL combination does not seem restrict the incoming power from USB-C enough.

I only tried USB-C bc I got super frustrated trying cheap Amazon/Aliexpress step-up 5V->9V or 5V->12V USB-A cables that never work as advertised. 🤷‍♂️

bobothevaper

I did get it working to my liking actually but in the end I had to go back to a 5V USB-A cable which guarantees no more than 2.4-3A current draw so 12-15W max. I had to set the temp controller to the max (10) just to get the heat I wanted (comparable to 4.5 on the dial with the wall power supply).

I tried the USB-C cable limited to 9V but I have no control over the current draw when connected to USB-C and the CL got way too hot too fast even with CL temp controller on the lowest setting. My powerbank is capable of 45W from USB-C and this is way over the 12W max the CL wants and the cable/CL combination does not seem restrict the incoming power from USB-C enough.

I only tried USB-C bc I got super frustrated trying cheap Amazon/Aliexpress step-up 5V->9V or 5V->12V USB-A cables that never work as advertised. 🤷‍♂️
Sounds pretty complicated. Do you or anyone know if this would work?

bobothevaper,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Sounds pretty complicated. Do you or anyone know if this would work?

Looks like that should work (as my USB-C cable should have as well) but I'm guessing in my case the USB-C cable I tried wasn't actually PD (Power Delivery specification) compliant though it claimed to be.

If both a cable and power supply/bank are PD compliant, then they should both negotiate the proper voltage & current settings. In my case, I know my powerbank is PD compatible and the cable was supposed to be. Not sure what happened.

bobothevaper

Yup.

The glass pipe is my favorite way to use the CL. I'm not sure it gets any better than this.

Right now, it is the best tasting and most enjoyable vaping experience I have ever had.
Which stem/bowl do you prefer sith the pipe? Im so close to buying a kit.

bobothevaper,

bobothevaper

Well, chances are DHL will get it to you sooner than it would me! ; )
It’s cool baby. I don’t mind the wait. The hard part was deciding. I’ve been dancing around this intensely for the last seven days. Like it started to interfere with my daily life adding stress. I have like 10 notedocs with pros and cons and pricing and all that jazz. I’m just relieved this part is over. I’ll happily wait as long as Chris promises to send it as fast as humanly possible and DHL doesn’t mess it up 😂😎🥴 hopefully by friday.

coolbreeze

It’s cool baby. I don’t mind the wait. The hard part was deciding. I’ve been dancing around this intensely for the last seven days. Like it started to interfere with my daily life adding stress. I have like 10 notedocs with pros and cons and pricing and all that jazz. I’m just relieved this part is over. I’ll happily wait as long as Chris promises to send it as fast as humanly possible and DHL doesn’t mess it up 😂😎🥴 hopefully by friday.
Righton, righton! It can't get there fast enough unless it's there already.

coolbreeze,

bobothevaper

Righton, righton! It can't get there fast enough unless it's there already.
Yeah. Nah. It’s cool. I have other stuff to play with. Now i need to find a cool looking metal tray (brass work?) and some wooden containers for grinded weed and for the avb. Maybe finally buy that scoop tamper thing with the big handles everyone likes to fflash.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The dance is over. Just ordered a Kingwood Couchlog with beeds, extra chamber and orings for that Dynavap conversion and a 14mm glass bowl and extra screens. 🎉🇩🇰
Congrats! Hope you really enjoy it.

Btw, good call on getting the extra chamber and o-rings however I recently learned that a lot of people hit the CL with their dynavaps "freehand". Just hold the tip against the CL tip gently and pull away. Haven't tried it myself yet but it seems even more liberating!

coolbreeze

Btw, good call on getting the extra chamber and o-rings however I recently learned that a lot of people hit the CL with their dynavaps "freehand". Just hold the tip against the CL tip gently and pull away. Haven't tried it myself yet but it seems even more liberating!
I was doing it that way myself and it does work, but the chamber really makes it much easier to mate it up and seal it. It's definitely worth trying though whether or not you do the mod.

bobothevaper

Great tip. I’ll remember that.

But my initial plan was to pair the chamber with a simrell stem for smaller loads when i feel like it and use that chamber as a dedicated one. I’ll try both configs.

I almost bought the pipe but I felt the total creeping up with that extra 135 eur so maybe later. I don’t mind paying that much for a pipe its just I don’t know if I can like it so its too much for a chancer for now. I normally have issues with dry vaping and weak lungs from smoking for 20 years.

If its not enough cooling I’d hate myself for not just getting a cool water piece.

I wish there was someone next to me who had one to try first 😂

Because it looks super slick.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Great tip. I’ll remember that.

But my initial plan was to pair the chamber with a simrell stem for smaller loads when i feel like it and use that chamber as a dedicated one. I’ll try both configs.
Yeah, even though you can try freehand it's nice to have a dedicated chamber for DVs. I use the glass injector bowl so often that luckily I can mostly dedicate the metal bowl for DVs. It's really liberating to just draw as long as you want and not bother with any click. Want to drain the thing in one hit? No problem. And that convection heavy signature! So different that typical DV signature.
I almost bought the pipe but I felt the total creeping up with that extra 135 eur so maybe later. I don’t mind paying that much for a pipe its just I don’t know if I can like it so its too much for a chancer for now. I normally have issues with dry vaping and weak lungs from smoking for 20 years.

If its not enough cooling I’d hate myself for not just getting a cool water piece.

I wish there was someone next to me who had one to try first 😂

Because it looks super slick.
Yeah that pipe looks so nice but it's pricy. Which is exactly why I cheaped out and got the chinese glass version I mentioned earlier for like 10$ 😂. I figured it was throw-away money to try it but that little dimpled pipe gets the job done for me!

Perfect amount of cooling that preserves so much taste. It's amazing what a 90 degree bend along with spiky dimples will do for cooling. I have a water piece and I prefer this. It surprised me.

Edit: I just remembered Chris sells the "humi" now, you should check it out. It's a little humidifier that you can add to your dry pieces to make it easier on your throat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom