TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just pulled out my CL and original Ed’s bowls. Neither one of mine would work with a CL, sinks too deep into the bowl. The lip on the ones I have is for an injector to seat on. Not sure if @Ed's TnT newest iterations of the bowls have a secondary internal lip that would allow the CL to properly rest. That Defreez CL bowl will work for you, works perfectly for my UD Alpha as well.
Thanks for trying. It's good to know for sure.

bobothevaper

Well mine just arrived. Holy shitballs it’s pretty. I mean what the actual f@@k.

I have a question. I need to set it at three. But the first mark which looks like a circle is that like temp one or like zero/off?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Well mine just arrived. Holy shitballs it’s pretty. I mean what the actual f@@k.
Yeah, they're little pieces of art. The Kingswood must be stunning.
I have a question. I need to set it at three. But the first mark which looks like a circle is that like temp one or like zero/off?
There are only 10 marks for 10 different power levels. The first mark might look like a small zero since it's vertically very small but it isn't so just assume the first mark is power level 1. Excited for your maiden voyage!

bobothevaper

Yeah, they're little pieces of art. The Kingswood must be stunning.

There are only 10 marks for 10 different power levels. The first mark might look like a small zero since it's vertically very small but it isn't so just assume the first mark is power level 1. Excited for your maiden voyage!
Thanks. Alas it will have to wait a few days. Having issues with the power supply. Time to be brave.

bobothevaper,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks. Alas it will have to wait a few days. Having issues with the power supply. Time to be brave.
Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope it's not defective?

Silver lining is that perhaps your glass bowl(s) and/or pipes will be there when it's all ready. They provide the nicest experience imo.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This is what's recommended with the native stem as a "good guess" for initial vaping temp as all the heaters have some variation.
Ah, thanks. Probably a text communication issue. As you said it's not really useful to to compare numbers on the PWM, but I suppose you gotta start somewhere. My advice is always "start low, increase the heat as needed."

bobothevaper

Ah, thanks. Probably a text communication issue. As you said it's not really useful to to compare numbers on the PWM, but I suppose you gotta start somewhere. My advice is always "start low, increase the heat as needed."
Its just the manual says start at three so that’s what I had set it too. But I'll find out when the PSU comes. I took the liberty of ordering the glasspipe in matching kingwood since Chris had to send a new PSU anyway, so I'm all in :-)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Its just the manual says start at three so that’s what I had set it too. But I'll find out when the PSU comes. I took the liberty of ordering the glasspipe in matching kingwood since Chris had to send a new PSU anyway, so I'm all in :-)
Oh man, that will be sweet indeed. Matching Kingswood pipe with a magnetic base that's designed specifically with the CL in mind. Can't wait until it all comes together. 👌

bestvaping

You're really lucky to get all this from the start (despite the power problem, but Chris provides outstanding after-sales service, so you've come to the right way here), the glasspipe has been on my list for months now, but it's true that it's a bit expensive. I'll probably be ordering one soon, as well as a second temperature controller, as I use my CL very very often now and will need a second one to avoid carrying everything from the office to the bedroom :brow:

My guilty pleasure with the CL is the glass mouthpiece (I rarely use it as an injector), in fact I hardly ever use the original wooden mouthpieces any more since I tried the glass ones, they're so much healthier and easier to clean and they cool the steam much better (even without beads) and they're really solid, quite simply, I've become addicted to it, it's incredible. I highly recommend the glass MP (at least if you like to use your CL in standard mode, it changes lives!). I love my Grenadill sleeve (it's so smooth/slick), compared to Olive, it transmits far fewer wood aromas and odors into the air path, I'll probably try others too if I have enough money. I'm very happy with 420eng's work, it's so great :clap:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
My guilty pleasure with the CL is the glass mouthpiece (I rarely use it as an injector), in fact I hardly ever use the original wooden mouthpieces any more since I tried the glass ones, they're so much healthier and easier to clean and they cool the steam much better (even without beads) and they're really solid, quite simply, I've become addicted to it, it's incredible.
Ha! You sound like me except I'm addicted to the glass pipe with glass bowl 😆. Addicted really is the correct word. Since I got the Couchlog it's pretty much pushed everything out of the way at home.

You make a good case for (low temp?) hits with the glass mouthpiece though. Maybe this is a dumb question but does the glass extend all the way to the metal herb chamber, under the wood sleeve? It's not clear to me from the pictures.

Visiting the site again also makes me want another Couchlog in a different wood 🤦

bestvaping

You make a good case for (low temp?) hits with the glass mouthpiece though. Maybe this is a dumb question but does the glass extend all the way to the metal herb chamber, under the wood sleeve? It's not clear to me from the pictures.
Yes that's it, In fact, I always vaporize in position 3 with the mouthpiece, which is just perfect, and yes (and there's nothing stupid about that question - quite the contrary), the glass covers all the wood inside (and it's really sturdy, it's already fallen to the ground several times and never broken).

However, if you want to add glass beads (honestly, compared to the standard wood MP, I don't think it's worth the trouble), you'll need to insert the glass stem less, so you'll have wood in the air path, simply add a screen to the rim of the glass stem and add your beads as you would a standard MP.

On this model, if you add glass beads, the beads will hold the herb chamber in place, as there are no edge like on the wooden MP to block the herb chamber (this is normally blocked by the edge of the glass stem). To be honest, I've never tried the glass MP with beads, as it cools very well already and it's a pleasure to use like this.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yes that's it, In fact, I always vaporize in position 3 with the mouthpiece, which is just perfect, and yes (and there's nothing stupid about that question - quite the contrary), the glass covers all the wood inside (and it's really sturdy, it's already fallen to the ground several times and never broken).

However, if you want to add glass beads (honestly, compared to the standard wood MP, I don't think it's worth the trouble), you'll need to insert the glass stem less, so you'll have wood in the air path, simply add a screen to the rim of the glass stem and add your beads as you would a standard MP.

On this model, if you add glass beads, the beads will hold the herb chamber in place, as there are no edge like on the wooden MP to block the herb chamber (this is normally blocked by the edge of the glass stem). To be honest, I've never tried the glass MP with beads, as it cools very well already and it's a pleasure to use like this.
Thanks for this! Was always curious about the glass stem. I may have to pick this up with my next order 👍

bobothevaper

While I wait for a new PSU I've been deep diving on possible tray solutions. I want to have all the things on one tray and I want it to look nice.

After browsing for hours I've come to this solution.

The two little egg looking things on the tree will be for ground up weed and AVB respectively. The controller is mounted somewhere away from this tray and then there's space for the pipe, the wood stem and a scoop.

I'll obviously post it when everythings here and ready to go but for now I've provided a crude blueprint/visionboard.

All the best gang.

Razhumikin

While I wait for a new PSU I've been deep diving on possible tray solutions. I want to have all the things on one tray and I want it to look nice.

After browsing for hours I've come to this solution.

The two little egg looking things on the tree will be for ground up weed and AVB respectively. The controller is mounted somewhere away from this tray and then there's space for the pipe, the wood stem and a scoop.

I'll obviously post it when everythings here and ready to go but for now I've provided a crude blueprint/visionboard.

All the best gang.
I would personally recommend a metal tray to take advantage of the magnets.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I thought of that but I really like wood. I was just going to use the included magnetic stickers for the same function.
I get that. Looks really nice! You didn't add them to the picture but I'm guessing you'll have a DV or two on the tray for those smaller hits?

About the temp controller, since it's also magnetic you can even stick it on a wall nearby if there's metal around or use one of the stickers on a wall to really keep it out of the way. I've been looking into a longer barrel plug wire or maybe a nice long coiled/braided cable from the temp controller to the CL so movement is easy.

Btw, I ordered a wooden 14mm CL bowl from Ed's TNT along with that usb-c cable with integrated temp controller you posted to try on-the-go with a battery pack and see if I get better results than usb-a 5V only. I'll report back here.

TigoleBitties,

bobothevaper

I get that. Looks really nice! You didn't add them to the picture but I'm guessing you'll have a DV or two on the tray for those smaller hits?

About the temp controller, since it's also magnetic you can even stick it on a wall nearby if there's metal around or use one of the stickers on a wall to really keep it out of the way. I've been looking into a longer barrel plug wire or maybe a nice long coiled/braided cable from the temp controller to the CL so movement is easy.

Btw, I ordered a wooden 14mm CL bowl from Ed's TNT along with that usb-c cable with integrated temp controller you posted to try on-the-go with a battery pack and see if I get better results than usb-a 5V only. I'll report back here.
I actually ordered something like the eds one but with a display for voltage.

And i ordered the magnetic cable someone posted here earlier. Its braided.

bobothevaper,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I actually ordered something like the eds one but with a display for voltage.

And i ordered the magnetic cable someone posted here earlier. Its braided.
Oh, nice. Any chance you could re-post these links?

Let us know how they all work out... for science! :science:

TigoleBitties,

bobothevaper

Ok so my blessed wife was tired of me complaining about not being able to use the log because of a dead psu, so she found out that our baby monitor charger (no really) is running on 6V and she also went to the local car parts store and had them find the right adapter. Long story short my log is powered up and I’ve been running through some bowls.

Can I start by saying that this thing is amazing. I combusted the first time but I have learned to draw slower that I normally do and I get blasted from what I would use in a dynabowl. I can’t believe how strong the effects are from so little material.

I’ve used the 14mm glass bowl and the stock stem. I find the glass bowl having great taste but very open airflow so I’m leaning towards the stem more, as it is a bit tighter. I also tried with a dynabowl but with little succes. The weed gets toasted but I only got a tiny cloud from it.

Still early days but this is my first plugin and I love it dearly so far. The effects are just delightful. Thanks Chris 👏💪🏼

coolbreeze

Ok so my blessed wife was tired of me complaining about not being able to use the log because of a dead psu, so she found out that our baby monitor charger (no really) is running on 6V and she also went to the local car parts store and had them find the right adapter. Long story short my log is powered up and I’ve been running through some bowls.

Can I start by saying that this thing is amazing. I combusted the first time but I have learned to draw slower that I normally do and I get blasted from what I would use in a dynabowl. I can’t believe how strong the effects are from so little material.

I’ve used the 14mm glass bowl and the stock stem. I find the glass bowl having great taste but very open airflow so I’m leaning towards the stem more, as it is a bit tighter. I also tried with a dynabowl but with little succes. The weed gets toasted but I only got a tiny cloud from it.

Still early days but this is my first plugin and I love it dearly so far. The effects are just delightful. Thanks Chris 👏💪🏼
Better put a ring on dat! ; )

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Excellent news 👌. As you said, it's still early days but glad you're enjoying it.

If you like that little bit of resistance then maybe picking up the glass stem as @bestvaping suggested and using it natively would preserve the tastiness too? You could always trying tamping a little more to increase draw resistance as well.

I'm sure you'll get the dynavaps working. Did you use the metal chamber hack or freehand? Freehand is tougher.

PS - You're wife's a keeper!

Top Bottom