• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Hi there!
With the normal vvps you could damage the wood of the log and you could burn yourself.
Both is not good for making a CE certificate.
Thats why i have a 6V Power Supply. Its basically the limiting factor for a safe handling.

The PWM goes from 40-100%. By cutting out the 0-40% im making the adjustment on the scale easier.

This Log also works with the said vvps. Its just not as safe.

I dont know if the cheap controller will have a comeback. Maybe were going for a Log only way, so you can use your available Power supply.

On the issues with the Power Supply.
I will long time test every Power Supply from now on, to get rid of this unnecessary problems.

Here is a custom rosewood unit.
Nature is beautiful.
Wish you all a beautiful day Chris

Razhumikin

That certainly isn't encouraging. And I'd be curious about why a custom PWM design decision was made compared to the VVPS used in most logs, Collylands, Herborizer etc.

If a power supply in a wood matching the Log itself isn't coming anytime soon, hopefully we can see the return of the cheaper power supply option. BTW, prettiest power supply I've seen for a vape has to be the one that Epic makes for their e-Nano. What a beauty (with matching wood/wood trim of your choice).
I personally hate the way the Enano power supply looks, i think the Couchlog pwm is waaaaay more beautiful (and efficient and safe, given its 6 volts for the cl vs. 110 volts for the enano). If you really care about matching wood, just get an oak couchlog. The black forest oak is a stunning wood.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
The power supply of the CL has a magnet on the bottom....a freaking magnet! Not too keen on the look of it? Attach some metal to the underside of your table. Honestly debating so heavily on the esthetic of something when the vape has proven to be super effective is nitpicking at this point. I get preferences but...it has a magnet?

Below I attached a photo of the CL Stand of the future. Why yes, that is a mason jar lid taped to a table.

shizoman

I personally hate the way the Enano power supply looks, i think the Couchlog pwm is waaaaay more beautiful (and efficient and safe, given its 6 volts for the cl vs. 110 volts for the enano). If you really care about matching wood, just get an oak couchlog. The black forest oak is a stunning wood.
Hi, and thanks for sharing your impressions. Want to understand better difference between CouchLog and IH or GTR devices from toasty-top. Can you please share your thoughts on them in comparison? If I understand correctly you own both. Trying to make a decision for a desktop log and it is not so easy with such a wide range of options.

shizoman,

Razhumikin

Hi, and thanks for sharing your impressions. Want to understand better difference between CouchLog and IH or GTR devices from toasty-top. Can you please share your thoughts on them in comparison? If I understand correctly you own both. Trying to make a decision for a desktop log and it is not so easy with such a wide range of options.
Comparing devices isnt really appropriate for this thread, please see my post in the "Which Log??" thread:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/which-log.52606/post-1653678

shizoman

Texus

We have been over this on the thread already. I am not interested in oak. Not sure what isn't clear about that from my posts.
Honestly debating so heavily on the esthetic of something when the vape has proven to be super effective is nitpicking at this point.

Hey, you do you. But if I am paying $400+ USD for an artisanal vape then I am expecting a certain level of polish. Over $400 is nitpick territory. That matching E-nano XL PSU I do love the look of, and that's spoiled me.

But if the Couchlog can use a VVPS then I could pair it with my REFC ATM unit that would give me even more precise temp/voltage control. Or that could tide me over until matching wood PSUs are an option. And give folks a more affordable price point. I mean with the more basic PSU the CL price dropped to 300 Euros IIRC.

Or I can just be patient. Do have other logs and baller vapes.

Last edited:
Texus,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think you might have included extra quotes in your post by mistake.

We have been over this on the thread already. I am not interested in oak. Not sure what isn't clear about that from my posts.
Seems fair for folks to keep suggesting it if you keep complaining about the PWM that you've never used.

I personally never have problems doing back to back bowls. At the highest temps it can drop take a couple of minutes, but those bowls often put me on my ass for a bit anyway. 😄

Texus

I think you might have included extra quotes in your post by mistake.

Seems fair for folks to keep suggesting it if you keep complaining about the PWM that you've never used.

I personally never have problems doing back to back bowls. At the highest temps it can drop take a couple of minutes, but those bowls often put me on my ass for a bit anyway. 😄
Now fixed. But yeah, I am not skilled with multiquote on the phone...

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@Texus hey man all good, if you want to pitch a sub-par product on a thread where it's unrelated is fine. Sure nit-pick all you want, but as you were saying...this has been stated before in this thread to great extent and is basically rehashing and nitpicking a topic that has a solution. Don't like the power supply then move it out of the way! Don't want to pay the price....move along. Roles reversed and I feel the same about the puck and it's hideous! What can you do about the it...nothing. the CL actually has a function (magnets) to move it. If you would like to continue to compare power supplies I suggest making a new thread. 🤙

Texus

@Texus hey man all good, if you want to pitch a sub-par product on a thread where it's unrelated is fine. Sure nit-pick all you want, but as you were saying...this has been stated before in this thread to great extent and is basically rehashing and nitpicking a topic that has a solution. Don't like the power supply then move it out of the way! Don't want to pay the price....move along. Roles reversed and I feel the same about the puck and it's hideous! What can you do about the it...nothing. the CL actually has a function (magnets) to move it. If you would like to continue to compare power supplies I suggest making a new thread. 🤙

I don't know what your deal is, but I am not pitching any other product here. Nano PSU was just given as an example of a more appealing PSU for some customers like me since the wood is matching. And it was the Couchlog dude who had mentioned cheaper PSUs and now the potential option to get one without the PWM PSU. Both of which would be great from my POV.

Hopefully this is valuable feedback that will help sell more Couchlogs in the long run. And I think that is part of the FC appeal for manufacturers.

Apologies if folks feel my comments are too repetitive.

But I'm done. Enjoy your devices.

Texus,
Reactions: Zillacon

olysh pops

Hi there!
With the normal vvps you could damage the wood of the log and you could burn yourself.
Both is not good for making a CE certificate.
Thats why i have a 6V Power Supply. Its basically the limiting factor for a safe handling.

The PWM goes from 40-100%. By cutting out the 0-40% im making the adjustment on the scale easier.

This Log also works with the said vvps. Its just not as safe.

I dont know if the cheap controller will have a comeback. Maybe were going for a Log only way, so you can use your available Power supply.

On the issues with the Power Supply.
I will long time test every Power Supply from now on, to get rid of this unnecessary problems.

Here is a custom rosewood unit.
Nature is beautiful.
Wish you all a beautiful day Chris
The CouchLog unit and the two stems look tiny in the hand and precious, personally I love it.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Apologies if folks feel my comments are too repetitive.
I didn't feel like you were too repetitive, just that it was ironic that you objected to your repeated complaint receiving the same solution.🙂

I love my CL and the PWM (not matching!), but I don't mind folks picking nits. Although typically I put more stock in the opinion of folks who have spent a long while with the device.

PossumMD

Ordered my unit last night. Somehow forgot an extra stem, how quick are they at replying to contact form requests? I always get a bit nervy when I don't get a "you have submitted your question" confirmation...

PossumMD,

olysh pops

I also did not receive a confirmation when I sent the email but the response was quick, maybe 24 hours in my case.
You must have received an order confirmation though.

olysh pops,

PossumMD

I also did not receive a confirmation when I sent the email but the response was quick, maybe 24 hours in my case.
You must have received an order confirmation though.
Yeah, got the confirmation of the order. I wish to alter it though, and I (think) i have submitted a form via the website but haven't gotten confirmation of that.

PossumMD,

olysh pops

The ordered CouchLog is made of oak wood, I find it beautiful and I like the idea of using local wood.

It says that the oak comes precisely from the Black Forest, located in the south of Germany. On Wikipedia, the ancient name of this forest is Abnoba, which is the name of a Celtic deity of wildlife. I like this story too.

:)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Portable Couch Log: all you need is an ancient steel rolling tray!
IMG-1127.jpg

PS: Liberty for all!

Razhumikin

If you pay attention, can you share the temperature(s)/quantity(s) used for a "very very good work" ;) with the live rosin ?
It varies by unit. On my oak one it works well at a 6, on my granadill one it works well at 3.8. The way i like to consume it is by twaxing, so i put some live rosin on top of a flower bowl then vape it all in one giant hit. Its pretty fuckin great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom