bestvaping

14mm. If the joint is deep enough it works like the wood stem.
My wooden mouthpiece only fits a few millimeter in my 14mm glass, will the glass mouthpiece be different? Will it fit perfectly? or should I buy another glass part?

bestvaping,

Pcloudy

My wooden mouthpiece only fits a few millimeter in my 14mm glass, will the glass mouthpiece be different? Will it fit perfectly? or should I buy another glass part?
You can just take the metal part out of the mp and plop it right in the 14 mm glass. I would try that before buying anything else as it works pretty well in my experience

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The glass-lined mouthpiece has a typical glass joint so it should be fine. Although my wood stems go in farther than you describe. Maybe they have changed recently?

Rather than buy a glass lined MP, I would recommend buying the bowl. It's the best way to use the CL on glass in my opinion.

And as Pcloudy points out, the metal herb chamber can be put in a 14mm joint. It also works great in some of my 18mm bowls with an o-ring. Ed's TNT old injector bowl and I think the SB bowl work with that trick.

And of course there are other makes of 14mm bowls now:

EarthworldTim

I got one of the glass lined stems and I haven't used it since I first got the log. The glass bowl is all I use now for ease and flavor. I don't dislike the stems per se but I wasn't motivated enough to use them a ton and really get a handle on packing the metal chamber, which I feel is the main reason I don't use them often.

I did add glass beads to the standard wood stem and also discovered they dirtied very quickly so I abandoned that method. The standard stem is fun to use sometimes for small dosage and temp rips though.

At the end of the day it's almost always the glass bowl on a water piece or j hook. The log has almost completely taken over for home use and in the last few months I've only taken another desktop vape out once.

coolbreeze

The glass-lined mouthpiece has a typical glass joint so it should be fine. Although my wood stems go in farther than you describe. Maybe they have changed recently?

Rather than buy a glass lined MP, I would recommend buying the bowl. It's the best way to use the CL on glass in my opinion.
Totally agree. The glass mouthpiece is nice for quick low-temp loads but the bowl adds distance which in this case evens out the roast some, has a wider load/temp range, and keeps the flavor nicer. Also work great as a ZX party bowl.

At the end of the day it's almost always the glass bowl on a water piece or j hook.
Same. The stems are great but the bowl is the best.
The log has almost completely taken over for home use and in the last few months I've only taken another desktop vape out once.
Mine could easily take over--it's almost always on and warm. All the convenience of a log and the power of a ball injector.

bestvaping

You can just take the metal part out of the mp and plop it right in the 14 mm glass. I would try that before buying anything else as it works pretty well in my experience
yes, it's work, but I don't like this configuration, because:
  1. this forces me to remove the heat protection sleeves because otherwise it doesn't work with my glass (it's flat and too far away otherwise, the contact does not work as it should)
  2. no stirring possible, otherwise the screen and all the contents of the chamber could empty into the glass (I think this problem will be solved in the next revision?)

agiz.png

The glass-lined mouthpiece has a typical glass joint so it should be fine
ok thanks i think i'll get one to try.

Although my wood stems go in farther than you describe. Maybe they have changed recently?
No idea, it doesn't work properly here, I don't use this configuration with my glass because the MP doesn't hold properly once inserted.

Actually, my configuration is a wooden mouthpiece (without pad, ball or glass) with the PWM set to 3, and I love it! so easy!

I did add glass beads to the standard wood stem and also discovered they dirtied very quickly so I abandoned that method.
Same.

The stems are great but the bowl is the best.
Perfect in that case I'll take both :brow:

bestvaping,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
  1. this forces me to remove the heat protection sleeves because otherwise it doesn't work with my glass (it's flat and too far away otherwise, the contact does not work as it should)
  2. no stirring possible, otherwise the screen and all the contents of the chamber could empty into the glass (I think this problem will be solved in the next revision?)

1. I actually bought a second metal bowl just so I don’t have to remove it from the stem, BUT either way I slip it directly into a 19/14 glass reducer and it fits perfectly and gives me the distance I need without removing the sleeve.

bh1piq1u_1.jpg

2. I ditched the flat screen early on and make my own basket screens that friction fit the sides of the metal bowl.

Pcloudy

Also of note is the vgoodies injector bowl. It is much cheaper if you are in the us. I know of a glass maker that was making special bowls for the zx and I’ve been trying to get them to make me one but no luck yet.

Pcloudy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Also of note is the vgoodies injector bowl. It is much cheaper if you are in the us. I know of a glass maker that was making special bowls for the zx and I’ve been trying to get them to make me one but no luck yet.
Is it SSC? I think he's pretty loaded up with work now. I have an order out from him for some bowls and dry catch that I'm patiently waiting on. 😀

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It is. Those 14mm bowls he made for the zx look like they would be perfect for the couch log. I have to crank mine up to like 8 to get good results with the vg one
Wow that's so high. I mean I know they are all tuned differently. But I have heard that the VG bowl doesn't have a great seal. I don't have one though.

Pcloudy

Wow that's so high. I mean I know they are all tuned differently. But I have heard that the VG bowl doesn't have a great seal. I don't have one though.
I only tried it a couple times because I dont like to play with my settings to much on it but Ill have to take it back out. Its definitely not the best seal though.

I have to turn my unit up to 8+ with the official glass bowl. It’s pretty tough for me to get a darker roast. I’d definitely like to get a 14mm glass bowl that allows the injector to get closer to the herb. The PHASE3 one looked like it could work well.

magtoons

agiz.png

ok thanks i think i'll get one to try.

No idea, it doesn't work properly here, I don't use this configuration with my glass because the MP doesn't hold properly once inserted.

Actually, my configuration is a wooden mouthpiece (without pad, ball or glass) with the PWM set to 3, and I love it! so easy!

Same.

Perfect in that case I'll take both :brow:inyMight screens

1. I actually bought a second metal bowl just so I don’t have to remove it from the stem, BUT either way I slip it directly into a 19/14 glass reducer and it fits perfectly and gives me the distance I need without removing the sleeve.

bh1piq1u_1.jpg

2. I ditched the flat screen early on and make my own basket screens that friction fit the sides of the metal bowl.

TRWW TinyMight basket screens work great as an option and drop right in.

RedZep

So reading through here, I feel I would end up preferring the glass injection bowl also. Using CL as an injection vape.

This revelation makes me ask the question "why choose couch log over other 14mm injection vapes?"

I feel I would prefer handling CL more compared to conventional ball vape designs, but since I don't have one it's all theoretical. I'm curious if any of you have other things worth mentioning after prolonged use?

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@RedZep the CL is a mainstay on my desk.

I have a couple vapes, and this one just kicks ass at what it does with a form factor that follows.

You want to hit a microdose, sure thing. Wanna rail a huge bowl, CLs got you. The craftsmanship is very beautiful, with tight tolerances. I had to replace the female port and I know of one other instance of this happening, so in terms of reliability I would say it's solid as a rock.

It's just a darn tootin good vape 🤠

Last edited:

coolbreeze

So reading through here, I feel I would end up preferring the glass injection bowl also. Using CL as an injection vape.

This revelation makes me ask the question "why choose couch log over other 14mm injection vapes?"

I feel I would prefer handling CL more compared to conventional ball vape designs, but since I don't have one it's all theoretical. I'm curious if any of you have other things worth mentioning after prolonged use?
I mostly go injector style with the bowl, but direct with the mouthpiece for quick convection hits is also excellent and something much clumsier to do with a ballvape. I tend to use a fairly narrow temp band but some folks use most of the dial so I think that speaks to its range, as well. Safer around cats and kids, more anonymous looking, AND you can even use it as a wall vape!

bestvaping

why choose couch log over other 14mm injection vapes?
I think this is the case for every vaporizer, some people simply prefer the use of a coil and water filter. I mainly use the MP set to 3 with PWM and still manage to get 4-5 puffs (and a good cloud). I use the loading funnel for occasional stirring without getting it all over the place, a stamp and off you go again. Energy consumption is also lower, set to 3 on a power meter, it shows me a consumption of 6W. In comparison, a 20mm coil generally provides 100W of power so it's perfect for leaving it plugged in all day. Better safety too, as our friend coolbreeze points out above. I also love the ritual with the MP, it's perfect for working in front of a computer without having to worry about a water filter. It's therefore versatile, making it an excellent and powerful vaporizer.

ezpz

I have to turn my unit up to 8+ with the official glass bowl. It’s pretty tough for me to get a darker roast. I’d definitely like to get a 14mm glass bowl that allows the injector to get closer to the herb. The PHASE3 one looked like it could work well.

Possible solution?
An adapter, a cup screen and some steady hands. Temp dial set to a smidge below 4.5.

condition

Possible solution?
An adapter, a cup screen and some steady hands. Temp dial set to a smidge below 4.5.

Great video, as always. What cup screen, like Tinymight's or the cup screen of the Couchlog metal chamber?
I use the provided screen for the injector, temp 6 to 7 and get very dark roast through bubbler. But the herb is farther from the heater than your method.

ezpz

Great video, as always. What cup screen, like Tinymight's or the cup screen of the Couchlog metal chamber?
I use the provided screen for the injector, temp 6 to 7 and get very dark roast through bubbler. But the herb is farther from the heater than your method.
Thanks. The cup screen I’m using is the same for my TM, but I had to flatten it a little. You can do the same with the injector bowl if you like. I just like to have the herb close to the heater, so I can keep the temp at 4.5.

rvarick

Possible solution?

I recently cobbled together something similar. My solution was a 19/14 adapter (from Grav). For the screens, I used a couple standard basket screens. For one, I trimmed the rim off and then stuck the rimless basket down into the joint. For other basket screen, I put it in the bottom (as they're normally used), to hold the internal screen in place. I also tried to flatten both a bit so they'd sit more even with each other. Examples shown below:

Top Bottom