710 coils

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm normally running the box at 380. Rarely turn it up past 420.
What does that work out to for floor temp though when you measure with an IR gun or thermocouple probe?

- Every coil is different, with a possible delta of >75deg between any 2 coils
- depending how good the contact is, the thickness of banger, if you use inserts, etc, will also all affect the actual floor temperature that you are vaping off of
- then there is overall temp of your banger (sides etc) and the thermal mass + intake air temp and volume, all which effect things

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I started at 520, and got chaz starting...cleaned, went down to 480 and has a lot less, might go down a little more tonight when it's time...will pass on what I observe. BTW this was with crumble wax.

710Coils

Manufacturer
Here is what you should follow to find your ideal temp

You will start out at 420 and do small dabs while doing this or you will get crushed =P

If its wispy: Turn temp up 10 or more degrees depending on how wispy it was and try again. Do this until it produces the expected vapor without throat irritation

If its hot: Lower temp 10 or more degrees depending on how hot it is and continue to do this till you notice the throat irritation go away and flavor to start coming out. When you are close you will do smaller temp adjustments till it is where you like it.

Once the above is found you will adjust as needed

Diamonds like more heat
Rosin likes less heat
Sauce can go either way

Lastly. Do not try to finish the whole dab. Depending on what you are dabbing. the stuff that will irritate your throat is what is left after a few good pulls. I like to think of it as an apple. You would not want to eat the apple core and this is your apple core =)

Hope the above helps

Shane

strech

What does that work out to for floor temp though when you measure with an IR gun or thermocouple probe?

- Every coil is different, with a possible delta of >75deg between any 2 coils
- depending how good the contact is, the thickness of banger, if you use inserts, etc, will also all affect the actual floor temperature that you are vaping off of
- then there is overall temp of your banger (sides etc) and the thermal mass + intake air temp and volume, all which effect things
I have no idea. My temp gun stopped working correctly a few months back and have not replaced it yet.

I notice no real difference between the 2 coils I have or the assortment of bangers. I'm sure there can be differences I just have not experienced it.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Reporting back...started at 420 (heh), was still a little to warm. Went down to 400 and I think I'm good there; no blackness at the bottom at all, still good, thick, and very flavorful vapor...I have the 25mm deep dish axial and deep dish opaque banger for reference.

Would be nice to maybe start a google sheet and record temps with which coil and banger combos so new users, like me, can dial in super quick and have data to give them various flavor and cloud profiles per temperature setting on the control box (and which control box as well). Wish I had more time.

@710Coils gave a very good starting point above...again Shane comes through with great service...and btw, I wish you carried more stuff, lol. Could be a one stop shop for all of FC'rs vaping needs! Still, can't give you enough praise Shane.

biohacker

I wish you carried more stuff, lol. Could be a one stop shop for all of FC'rs vaping needs!

I've been nagging Shane for dab rigs for a while now! Imagine an awesome FC Designed/710coils Dab Rig that we all had input on!

This actually nearly came to fruition years ago for a flower vape bong with cooperation from PlanetVape but it never materialized.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@710Coils hey Shane, are you going to get any other colors of the GlobMob Triple Silicone Carb Cap holder anytime soon? I see three colors in stock, but not the purple and teal/blue

CrazyDiamond,
Reactions: 710Coils

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Can you get the double stand instead of the triple?

I would want the double silicone carb cap stand, black plastic, purple silicone
and
I would like the double banger stand, black plastic, purple silicone.

However, I may want the quad banger stand and triple cap stand depending upon the answer to this question....
Can the round bottom bangers be used in the deep dish axial coil?

CrazyDiamond,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@CrazyDiamond The round bottom bangers will not work in the axial coils since they have a round bottom and need a flat bottom for the coil =)

Send me whatever colors you want in a direct message and I will get them ordered today

Shane

710Coils

Manufacturer
@CrazyDiamond it would. But you would want to make sure to position it so the coil is touching the banger on the bottom and not be too close to where it starts to curve inward

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I happily tried the standard versions Coil/banger and as I am going to get another coil/banger wonder if I should go for the deep dish version? I cannot really imagine what it adds more. I think I read it gets less dirty? Do you need to dab grams a day to see the difference?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I happily tried the standard versions Coil/banger and as I am going to get another coil/banger wonder if I should go for the deep dish version? I cannot really imagine what it adds more. I think I read it gets less dirty? Do you need to dab grams a day to see the difference?
The extra depth is great if you run inserts (and pearls), especially thick bottomed ones like opaques... otherwise, even the excellent Pi ball cap (highly recommended and well worth the money, btw, for sure!) is kinda close to the bottom and hits the pearl if not careful when using some reg bangers.

Having one of each on hand makes sense if you're at all into having options and tweaking/experimenting like me... as well as swapping out bangers quickly when still hot.

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Since I got my deep dish set up, I don't really use my standard sized coil/banger a whole lot. The extra height is nice for inserts like posted above and If I'm not running inserts I typically have a pearl or two in the mix. I think I am able to use a bit of a lower temp with the extra wraps on the coil as well.

The only real drawback I've ran into is that my spinner cap won't sling pearls around like it will in my standard banger, I prefer a ball cap anyways though.

I wouldn't say it's like mind blowing differences but unless your hung up on having everything match I would get the deep dish as the pros outweigh any small cons.

710Coils

Manufacturer
They are having issues making them in a single piece. If they cannot pull it off, I will table them till I can find a solid solution 😉

the 7/10 sale will kick off next Thursday at 7:10pm pst and run till Sunday at midnight.

everything will be 20% off and I have a full restock of standard 25mm coils landing today 🤩
I also have a ton of new colored caps landing today, so the shop should have lots of gear ready for the sale 😎👊

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
They are having issues making them in a single piece.
I wonder if this is going to be an inherent issue with hybrid bottom bangers?
As was my suspicion when my "competitors" (quoted cuz they aren't in my eyes, @710Coils all the way!!) hybrid bb looked very much the same as yours were described... which really only begs the question....:
3F2262F2-031C-4423-A796-DA17B1E8C4A4.jpeg
(My $.50 yard sale iso glass)

is it cuz it's boro? or they don't have this equipment and are only considering a different (cheaper) method? Or something along those lines....

great news about the sale!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom