Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My Evolve-D coil doesn't work on a VV/VW battery, each time the battery blink...Is the Evolve-d battery something special?

PPN,

zor

I've been wondering how much wax I'm losing to splatter on the sides of the cart. I did a quick little test and the results appear to bedismal and disappointing, what do you guys think?

1) weighed the freshly ISO cleaned ceramic donut coil and lid
bnUB5xj.jpg

2) adding 0.2g of milky way shatter
TYy0opd.jpg

3) Weighing em both, there is some imprecision with the scale

4IkF4Hu.jpg

izyWZ4b.jpg

4) vaped it until I found vapor production decreased significantly and taste was muted. Note the donut is essentially clean (all white) and the walls are coated in oil. The cap also has a bit of splatter all over it
rGyBgTy.jpg

The weight? Only down by ~0.05g! I don't expect 100% efficiency but 25% efficiency seems pretty low, no? I do get quite well medicated, and using far smaller doses appears to reduce splatter potential but I was at a concert last week and didn't want to keep loading the evolve plus cart if I could get away with a larger initial load.

I can clean the cart out in ISO and evaporate the reclaim to mix with coconut oil for THC caps, good god that shit is strong...so it's not wasted per se.

I don't pulse the power for very long, I do 2-3s on, 3s off, sometimes even 3s on isn't enough to generate much vapor, depending on concentrate form.

waxdab23

How are your draws - fast or slow?

If you're drawing fast on the donuts, try drawing deep and slow. I get almost zero splatter with the donut coils.

waxdab23,

Yocantech

Manufacturer
I've been wondering how much wax I'm losing to splatter on the sides of the cart. I did a quick little test and the results appear to bedismal and disappointing, what do you guys think?

1) weighed the freshly ISO cleaned ceramic donut coil and lid
bnUB5xj.jpg

2) adding 0.2g of milky way shatter
TYy0opd.jpg

3) Weighing em both, there is some imprecision with the scale

4IkF4Hu.jpg

izyWZ4b.jpg

4) vaped it until I found vapor production decreased significantly and taste was muted. Note the donut is essentially clean (all white) and the walls are coated in oil. The cap also has a bit of splatter all over it
rGyBgTy.jpg

The weight? Only down by ~0.05g! I don't expect 100% efficiency but 25% efficiency seems pretty low, no? I do get quite well medicated, and using far smaller doses appears to reduce splatter potential but I was at a concert last week and didn't want to keep loading the evolve plus cart if I could get away with a larger initial load.

I can clean the cart out in ISO and evaporate the reclaim to mix with coconut oil for THC caps, good god that shit is strong...so it's not wasted per se.

I don't pulse the power for very long, I do 2-3s on, 3s off, sometimes even 3s on isn't enough to generate much vapor, depending on concentrate form.

Hi Zor,the function of coils cap is prevent the thick oil from leacking out ,you can find that cap's internal design had a deep groove,the aim is together the splash oil,so your last image show there has some thick wax oil together, you just need use our Evolve PLus wax tool to dig out the splash wax, put them into coils and continue use so as not to waste WAX.

When you pulse the power ,please slow and let coils works well, have you tried evolve dual quartz coils? it works well? Look forward to your reply,thanks.

zor

@waxdab23 I have tried varied speeds and haven't observed a difference. If the airflow is blocked when the pen/wax is cool then it takes a certain amount of heat to liquefy the wax to the point of creating a path for the air intake, I think that might be a source of the splatter too.

@Yocantech Thanks for the suggestion but the wax that collects on the sides has very low viscosity and is extremely difficult to collect and reapply without my creating a mess of it. I also don't carry the tool around when I am out as I don't have a clean way to store it (the end that handles the wax remains sticky and smelly) and I don't wish to use one when I am out to begin with, I enjoy the stealthy aspect of this pen.

When I pulse I often start by pulsing too briefly as I get very little vapor output and minimal taste. I have not tried the dual quartz coils yet, however.

edit: one pic was missing from my previous post, to show the final weight:
4I6huaX.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@zor I have had the exact opposite experience. Every time I open the cap everything is all gone! I have used shatter and sticky wax on the dual ti core, and I make sure not to use big loads. When I do use a larger load, I like to pulse it before putting the cap on so I can see the concentrate settling into position. That way when I am out and about I am not fiddling with that issue for a while first.

So the obvious differences are you are using the disc and larger amounts. I would suggest using less at first. Anytime we pack enough to require the vaporizer to bubble through the concentrate, we have put too much in! If that's not the problem you may like the atomizer I am using better.

Another option (not really an option, since it requires another purchase!) is the Evolve plus, which has a larger bowl. I use that for when I need something to last the night or longer on one load and have been pleased so far. It also comes with a storage compartment below, which I have been using for shatter since I can handle it with my fingers.

weenstoned

I have had a lot of success with storing tiny balls of shatter in the base and keeping a toothpick in my wallet and using that to put a ball in. Probably under 0.1g maybe even under 0.05g. Basically just the size of a dab I would do then I get a couple of hits and it is exhausted. Load as you go isn't the most ideal situation, but I think it's the correct way if you're trying to get the most out of your concentrate in a vape pen. Loading a big amount is just going to give you way more hits of what has basically become reclaim.

Also recommend pulsing to set the concentrate as @stickstones mentioned above if I am doing a slightly larger amount.

zor

Yeah I think I'll just go the small dose route. I only have an Evolve Plus and part of the draw of the donut coil was, I thought, that it has a larger load capacity. I'll play around with varying the dose size some more, cheers guys!

zor,

zor

I'm not sure I follow, both bowl types which came with my Evolve Plus are the same size....

zor,

Justpassedu

I'm not sure I follow, both bowl types which came with my Evolve Plus are the same size....
He is talking about the original Evolve in wich this thread was created for. The old model is a non plus version. The new one Evolve Plus has a bigger bowl.

zor

Yes, I have an Evolve Plus, with a ceramic donut and a twin quartz coil. This is what I was trying to say.

I've tried the quartz and not only does it also splatter but it definitely tastes worse...a few very very quick pulses still make it taste kinda burnt.

I think I'll just keep trying with smaller amounts in the donut coil and see how I fare there. It's not all lost, I do make those potent cannacaps, after all!

zor,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Gotcha. I also think the coils taste a little harsh compared to other pens and attys. I still like them given the size of the hits and the price point. I'm interested to know if you get splatter using the coils and a small load.

stickstones,

StretchMarx

Being crushed by pop is soda pressing.
So the battery for my Evolve Plus isn't lighting up to indicate that it's heating and it doesn't look like the coils are regardless. The charge light does come on but even when plugged in the power button doesn't light. I've tried both coils and they both do it. My Nyx doesn't start it either. Any suggestions or is this going to be a warranty case?

Last edited:
StretchMarx,

StretchMarx

Weird. After leaving everything to soak (minus the battery) I started looking for answers. But after a half hour it seems to have started again. Going to monitor for now.

StretchMarx,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I found slower draws and not cloud chasing = less and less splatter. I've put a buttload of wax/shatter/crumble through my EvolvePlus/Evolve (both still on first coil) and have very little splatter of either cap top. I don't pack my coil full and keep in it a little ball when I load it. I hit the button for 2-3 secs then take a nice slow draw and enjoy life for the next 1-2 hours.

smutman,
Reactions: zikzak

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
finallyyyyyyy finished the thread lol looks like a solid product, just started a thread to pick a concentrate pen (was at page 5ish at the time) but after getting through the + is veryyyy tempting and very well might be what I go with

vapebuddy13,

Hoosier

finallyyyyyyy finished the thread lol looks like a solid product, just started a thread to pick a concentrate pen (was at page 5ish at the time) but after getting through the + is veryyyy tempting and very well might be what I go with

The plus is definitely a great value. The deluxe kit with 2 ceramic donuts is the edabs deal again today.

Hoosier,
Reactions: smutman

drew317

I've been buying my stuff fromm theoilshark.com. I think the plus is 27.95 plus 10% off with sozaog.

drew317,
Reactions: smutman

StretchMarx

While the battery started again now I've noticed that the usb port is warped such that I have hold the charge cable in my hand because there's nothing I can rest the battery on to charge it. I'm a little disappointed since it's harder to get these in Canada.

-e-

Nevermind. Now the battery won't charge at all again.

StretchMarx,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Wow, I missed this thread completely, sorry!

I have one and love the dual ceramic core! It's superior to anything else I've used so far.

Vicki,

StretchMarx

WrktdtG.jpg

Battery is basically useless now. I don't have any backup batteries until payday. =/

StretchMarx,
Top Bottom