Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

Yocantech

Manufacturer
Have pics of their donut atomizer been revealed ?
Hi @AVENTUS ,thanks for you follow our ceramic coils,you can purchase here:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Yocan-Evolve-Plus-Ceramic-Donut-Coils-Kits-5-pcs-/262381194906
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yocan-Evolve-Wax-Pen-Ceramic-Coils-Kits-5-pcs-/262363535094

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DPA1DPC
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DVY3GCU

Our new ceramic atomizer will be released soon, its images will be posted in the near future.

Goodfella

I haven't even used the dual coils on the plus, started with the donut from day 1 and haven't l

The classic has its own donuts: http://edabsdirect.com/collections/...ducts/yocan-evolve-ceramic-donut-coils-2-pack
Thanks for posting this - I was tempted to just buy the new one but only for those ceramic donuts. This pen is really a great value compared to most of what is out there. Until something else comes out it sure seems that ceramic donut is the way to go for flavor!

Goodfella,
Reactions: ataxian

zor

I do wish there was some kind of battery indicator. I had to recharge for the first time last night but my usage has been all over the place....I'll try to get a better sense of how long it lasts on this next charge!

....ah, who am I kidding, I'm not disciplined enough.

AVENTUS

So where is the incoming airflow into the chamber coming from ?

Under the donut ? On the sides of it ? Above it ? If so, How far above it vertically in mm ? Also how many total airflow holes ?

AVENTUS,

StretchMarx

Being crushed by pop is soda pressing.
Are the donuts or economical of the dual quartz? I'm thinking on picking up a box with my pay.

StretchMarx,

StretchMarx

Being crushed by pop is soda pressing.
Wow. Don't post immediately after waking up from a nap. Sorry about that. What I meant to say was are the donuts more economical with regards to wax use over the dual quartz?

StretchMarx,

waxdab23

Wow. Don't post immediately after waking up from a nap. Sorry about that. What I meant to say was are the donuts more economical with regards to wax use over the dual quartz?

Oh, haha. I would assume so, yes, but I haven't received my donuts yet, so maybe someone else will chime in.

waxdab23,

zor

I haven't tried the dual quartz but I've found that the ceramic disc appears to fully vape everything while single coil Ti on ceramic (KISS cart from W9tech) would often have a lot of residual oil collected at the bottom. The wax I put in vanishes and the effects are pretty damn profound...that said, there is definite oil condensation/collection on the upper walls of ceramic donut atomizer and I can't see under the disc so some residue might remain there. I'd love to try comparing the weight of the atomizer before loading, after loading, after a few pulls, and when it's "done" to see what the weight fluctuations are but I don't think my scale is sensitive enough to determine the centigram differences accurately enough :(

zor,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yocan sent me an Evolve Plus 2 weeks ago and it's an amazing powerfull pen.

I got the ceramic donut atty too but I prefer the QDC attys cause the thicker hits they offer although the donut works very well!

Taste is well enough but i think the V-One 2.0 quartz dual coil taste a bit better imho....

Battery last long and the silicone storage on the bottom is a nice idea.

Nothing else to say, definitly a nice pen I can recommand to everybody

Here a pic of the Evolve Plus near of its main competitor the V-One 2.0 (with the metal mp the V-One is a bit smaller):
g867Wjg.jpg

Hoosier

Yocan sent me an Evolve Plus 2 weeks ago and it's an amazing powerfull pen.

I got the ceramic donut atty too but I prefer the QDC attys cause the thicker hits they offer although the donut works very well!

Taste is well enough but i think the V-One 2.0 quartz dual coil taste a bit better imho....

Battery last long and the silicone storage on the bottom is a nice idea.

Nothing else to say, definitly a nice pen I can recommand to everybody

Here a pic of the Evolve Plus near of its main competitor the V-One 2.0 (with the metal mp the V-One is a bit smaller):
g867Wjg.jpg

Main competitor? I haven't been able to find the 2.0 for less than $125 usd.

Hoosier,
Reactions: PPN

waxdab23

So I've been using the Ceramic donut coils on the Evolve Plus and the Nyx for the past few days, and it actually seems that the quartz coils conserve more oil. The same sized dab that is good for 3-4 hits on the quartz, is only good for about 1-2 hits on the donut.

waxdab23,
Reactions: smutman

weenstoned

I don't really see the donuts as wasting. I put in a dabs worth and get basically the same amount of vapor as I would get from a dab. Though I generally have to split it into 2-3 hits due to lack of water cooling

weenstoned,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I forgot to mention I got an Evolove-D ....first I thought it was a piece of shit but I was pleasantly surprised, this little vape offer true convection hits using a dual pancake rod with ceramic base !

Design is very similar to the Snoopy Dog dry herb pen (very bad vape!) but works a lot better.

I use a Dabstorm glass mp with a screen as a bowl, it fits a 14mm joint perfectly and helps to get some distance between the coil and flowers. I can see load to be roasted, taste is nice and clouds are decent (I like to keep some moisture in my flowers but i think with a very dry and fine grounded product you can get fat hits). It need to stir between hits. I use it mainly with water filtration, like a portable log vape.

I don't like to use it how it is designed (with the metal mp/bowl) cause you need an extra screen to prevent small bit fall on the heater and combust, the constant stirring need a lot of screw and unscrew and the top screen will clog quickly. But it's perfect at home with a bubbler.

The battery doesn't offer a very long autonomy, works well for the 2-3 first bowls and decline quickly. I'll try it with a bigger battery soon....

I will post a pic.

I can't believe this sort of pen might work so well!

PPN,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
So I've been using the Ceramic donut coils on the Evolve Plus and the Nyx for the past few days, and it actually seems that the quartz coils conserve more oil. The same sized dab that is good for 3-4 hits on the quartz, is only good for about 1-2 hits on the donut.

Kinda funny, I was noticing the opposite lol. For me all coil types taste like garbage after 1-2 hits, anything left over I had to power through the "cooked" taste to finish it off or risk the dreaded black goop build up. It seems to me like with the disk I get decent flavor all the way through the load, maybe 4-5 good hits (not too huge as I don't like choking out in public ;) ).

I was wondering though what wattage people are using with the OG evolve with ceramic disks? I was using about 15 with the coils, but it's a new mod (my 1st) so IDK exactly how to use it best. It's a 40w TC unit, but when I go to TC mode it defaults to 40w and I wasn't sure if that's too much wattage/low ohms?

Also are people burning it clean before reloads? I don't like letting the disk get too dirty but also don't want to fry anything lol....

GuyLeDuche,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I stay between 15-25W when using a mod and I get the best taste more towards 15. To me, anything over 25 your wasting medicine. I also pack my EvolvePlus/Evolve/NYX with up to .5(depends on which I'm using that week) and each last me roughly a week. Mine all have sorta self cleaned themselves. The donut really burns everything while the quartz rods burn 95-98%. So far so good with all of them and I'm still on the first coil for all of them.

Goodfella

I got my ceramic donuts for my 1st gen Evolve. Really happy with it - the right amount of wattage for nice tasty hits. I was going to buy the new model until i saw that ceramic donuts were available for this pen. The only downside is no USB charging but I am really content with this pen - probably the best value of anything I have bought so far. I am using mostly this and a Divine Tribe with an Eleaf 40w TC. I'd highly recommend this to anyone.

waxdab23

For you who are using the ceramic donuts...

Is it normal for the donut to turn black after a few uses or should it stay white? Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

waxdab23,

waxdab23

Thank you.

I think I just wasn't burning everything off. I kept hitting instead of reloading and it's back to white.

I guess these ceramic coils are more efficient than I initially thought. I was just being impatient in reloading.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you.

I think I just wasn't burning everything off. I kept hitting instead of reloading and it's back to white.

I guess these ceramic coils are more efficient than I initially thought. I was just being impatient in reloading.
Me too, first I was digging more the dual quartz coil but now I enjoy the Ceramic donut, it requires longer and slower draws to get thick hits but, yes, it is definitly better for the taste!

drew317

After a few days of using the ceramic donut for the plus, I must say, it is an awesome addition. The vapor doesn't get that burnt taste after multiple draws. Also, I like how it vaporizes everything unlike the dual coil. Definitely will be using these full time.

drew317,
Reactions: smutman
Top Bottom