Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

waxdab23

$20 for 2 coils shipped kinda sucks.

I do need those though as well as for the Nyx...slim pickings.

waxdab23,

Hoosier

$20 for 2 coils shipped kinda sucks.

I do need those though as well as for the Nyx...slim pickings.

Yeah, I didn't do 2. 5 for $32 with shipping is what I just bought with the discount code edabs10. I actually bought 5 for the NYX too. Damn, I guess I have gone all in on Yocan. Ha!

Hoosier,

waxdab23

Yeah, I didn't do 2. 5 for $32 with shipping is what I just bought with the discount code edabs10. I actually bought 5 for the NYX too. Damn, I guess I have gone all in on Yocan. Ha!

Hmm...where do you see the 5 packs? I just searched "Yocan" on the edabs site and all I could find are 2 packs. I need them for the Evolve Plus and the Nyx.

waxdab23,

zikzak

EDD is running the special

'Buy 2 two-packs, get 1 coil free. ' So if you order up two 2-pks for 14.95 a pk, you're at $29.90 for 5 ceramic donut atty's in essence.

Plus tax (if you reside in the same state of IN) and shipping

I knew I should have waited on 'pre-ordering' off ebay, but the last week or so..I've not been using my evolve plus and strictly sticking to my rig/Dnail/pukinbeagle quartz nail setup as I'm enjoying watching the crumble bubble off at a yummy 660F.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Hmm...where do you see the 5 packs? I just searched "Yocan" on the edabs site and all I could find are 2 packs. I need them for the Evolve Plus and the Nyx.

It's in the product description.

They do a buy two 2-pack get 1 coil free promo. Just add 2 2-packs and they will send you a pack of 5

Hoosier,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

Awesome, thanks guys. Just ordered two 2-packs of each (Nyx & Plus). So, 10 ceramic coils total for $56.97, including shipping.

waxdab23,

StretchMarx

Being crushed by pop is soda pressing.
My Evolve Plus should be arriving either today or tomorrow. Looking forward to testing it out. I have the NYX coming next week.

StretchMarx,
Reactions: ataxian

Jonny Dabs

Anyone notice using the dual quartz that only one coil heating up red? I know don't want it to be red and burning wax, but shouldn't both of them glow when firing? 2 different units same issue. Getting the ceramic soon. Just curious as if to anyone else is noticing this

Jonny Dabs,

Jonny Dabs

Both coils on mine glow.

Yea, I talked to @Yocantech last night. He recommended cleaning them. Going to give that a shot when I get home from work. Going to be getting the ceramic coils soon. But interested to see how the cleaning method described a few posts back works, I've never thought of cleaning them before.

Jonny Dabs,

waxdab23

Anyone notice using the dual quartz that only one coil heating up red? I know don't want it to be red and burning wax, but shouldn't both of them glow when firing? 2 different units same issue. Getting the ceramic soon. Just curious as if to anyone else is noticing this

Yes, I noticed the same issue last night. Doubt it needs a cleaning though - has only taken in half a gram, maybe less.

waxdab23,

zor

Oof, trying to load some very sticky wax was like playing a game of operation. Very messy, all my shit got stuck to the sides...here's a PSA, freeze or at least cool down any pull and snap, it makes loading much, much easier :)

StretchMarx

So this is going to be my first vaping experience and I'm using this pen. I know you need to pulse the button but is there a technique for it? How long should I hold for a pulse?

StretchMarx,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Maybe you can use pulsing to get smaller hits with the QDC but you don't need that with the ceramic.

Personnaly I get 3-6s hits with the QDC and 5-10s with the donut.

PPN,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
So any chance we can buy just the Plus atomizer? The new battery is cool, but I have tons of em and don't need the secret stash, so...

I assume the ceramic donuts don't work on the Evolve "classic"?

GuyLeDuche,

Hoosier

waxdab23

waxdab23,

zor

Have pics of their donut atomizer been revealed ?

I'm also curious to see this, I'd love a cross section or disassembly of this or any ceramic disc/donut atomizer.

edit: my googlefu is still passable, found this vid
which is a bit enlightening!

zor,
Reactions: Hoosier

StretchMarx

Took my first vape. Definitely tastes a lot different. Interested in trying the Nyx once it gets here.

weenstoned

Ordered 5 ceramic coils from Yocan and they initially sent me coils for the original evolve. Kinda my fault as I didn't realize I had linked to an ebay listing for those coils, but I did state I wanted coils for the plus. So Yocan reshipped the plus coils and also threw in an Nyx. Don't have a mod currently so I don't have much use for it but it seems nice.

Initial taste on the ceramic coils are much improved over the QDC. Definitely recommend doing business with Yocan direct.

Top Bottom