• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

StretchMarx

Being crushed by pop is soda pressing.
I am currently speaking with someone from Yocan about this though they're a sales rep and not after-service. Still I putting my faith in them coming through. I'll pm Yocan on here as well.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I haven't heard from Yocan in a few days and I'm trying to get in touch with them as well.

smutman,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
just got my Evolve + in the mail! at work though so got it charging so it is ready to go when I get home :science:

can someone elaborate on how this charges? When I plug it in the mini light next to it lights up red but goes away after a little... is it fully charged when light goes away? or is it supposed to turn green or something?

Last edited:
vapebuddy13,
Reactions: smutman

waxdab23

just got my Evolve + in the mail! at work though so got it charging so it is ready to go when I get home :science:

can someone elaborate on how this charges? When I plug it in the mini light next to it lights up red but goes away after a little... is it fully charged when light goes away? or is it supposed to turn green or something?

It goes away. I believe you are fully charged.

StretchMarx

Red light means charging, no light means charged. Also if the power button flashes immediately when you press it then you also need to charge it.

StretchMarx,
Reactions: killick

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
So finally took my first hit.... wow. I only vape with my Haze V3 which has done an amazing job with both flowers and concentrates, always tasting good... but this hit was fantastic, so tasty... if this keeps up like this I will be very happy with it

zor

The jury has decided and the verdict is in, slow pulls and smaller dabs appear to be the best for reducing reclaim and mess inside the cart. Thanks guys!

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how to make loading new material as easy and clean as possible when out and about. Having a long metal tool like the one provided is excellent but I need a clean way to store it and which doesn't smell. I can detect any residual oils very easily and suspect anyone else can smell em too. The little silicon nub in the storage compartment is nice but itnisntoo small and my fingers inevitably get sticky. Making smaller balls to load sorta works but often infind then run into each other and homogenize like the T-1000 terminator :0

zor,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
The jury has decided and the verdict is in, slow pulls and smaller dabs appear to be the best for reducing reclaim and mess inside the cart. Thanks guys!

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how to make loading new material as easy and clean as possible when out and about. Having a long metal tool like the one provided is excellent but I need a clean way to store it and which doesn't smell. I can detect any residual oils very easily and suspect anyone else can smell em too. The little silicon nub in the storage compartment is nice but itnisntoo small and my fingers inevitably get sticky. Making smaller balls to load sorta works but often infind then run into each other and homogenize like the T-1000 terminator :0
if you get some small balls rolled up and place them in the bottom you could carry a mini toothpick holder that can carry 5-10 and just use it and throw it out. might work

vapebuddy13,
Reactions: zor

StretchMarx

I just received my new Evolve Plus and I'm charging the batter as we speak. Now I have some backup attys if need come to it though my first atty (DCQ) is still trucking along. Yocantech has been very professional and I will be recommending Yocan to my friends.

StretchMarx

One thing I noticed on my new Evolve Plus is that Yocan ribbed the exterior of the base so it's much easier to unscrew it from the mouth piece which my older one didn't have. A huge improvement since trying to separate the two before was a bit of a pain.

StretchMarx,
Reactions: smutman

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
One thing I noticed on my new Evolve Plus is that Yocan ribbed the exterior of the base so it's much easier to unscrew it from the mouth piece which my older one didn't have. A huge improvement since trying to separate the two before was a bit of a pain.
yeah it is nice though it can still end up getting on pretty tight making it hard to take apart (currently experiencing such a sad event)

vapebuddy13,

StretchMarx

Yeah I agree but it is much better. Maybe their next version could have a thicker base so it's easier to grip. I've found heating up the unit a bit sometimes does it when reclaim builds up in the threads.

StretchMarx,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
doesn't look like there was any sort of build up, ended up having to use like pliers to hold the end down good enough

vapebuddy13,

zor

Take a qtip or cotton ball, dip in 99% ISO (or whatever the highest % available) and wipe it around the threads on both pieces. Gooey wax always fucks up my threads, both on the storage container and the atomizers.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
what's the best way to make sure the atty (both dual coil & donut) lasts as long as possible, and whats the best way to go about cleaning them? I've had mine for prob a week n 1/2 and pretty sure I burt the donut(got some dark/blackish mark on part of it)

vapebuddy13,

waxdab23

what's the best way to make sure the atty (both dual coil & donut) lasts as long as possible, and whats the best way to go about cleaning them? I've had mine for prob a week n 1/2 and pretty sure I burt the donut(got some dark/blackish mark on part of it)

Stay within the recommended wattage. In fact, on the dual Quartz I never go over the minimum 15W, pulsing for only 1-3 seconds. And I've heard some people use the donut at even lower wattage.

I've gotten the black residue on the donut and I think that's from us reloading too soon. Try to make sure your first load is almost done before loading the next.

To clean, just drop in a ziploc bag with 91%-99% ISO and submerge this bag in almost boiling water. Repeat with clean ISO until the ISO remains clean in the baggie. Let the ISO evaporate and then to a couple dry burns to get rid of any remaining residue.

waxdab23,
Reactions: macbill

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I like to clean many devices and accessories the same way. Alcohol vapor remains zipped up (it condenses quickly), and it literally "boils" in alcohol. Cleans fast.

macbill,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Stay within the recommended wattage. In fact, on the dual Quartz I never go over the minimum 15W, pulsing for only 1-3 seconds. And I've heard some people use the donut at even lower wattage.

I've gotten the black residue on the donut and I think that's from us reloading too soon. Try to make sure your first load is almost done before loading the next.

To clean, just drop in a ziploc bag with 91%-99% ISO and submerge this bag in almost boiling water. Repeat with clean ISO until the ISO remains clean in the baggie. Let the ISO evaporate and then to a couple dry burns to get rid of any remaining residue.
well I generally do try to get the most out of what's in there until it starts tasting off, but there always seems to have some remain in the very middle or in the crease of the outside of the donut. I was trying to make sure it was totally gone yesterday (holding/pulsing the button while blowing through the air holes) and imo the black mark got slightly bigger?

okay, I was thinking about dropping the atty in iso but didnt know if you could since im a noob at all this so I'll do that and see how it looks. in the mean time gunna try the dual coil out

vapebuddy13,

waxdab23

well I generally do try to get the most out of what's in there until it starts tasting off, but there always seems to have some remain in the very middle or in the crease of the outside of the donut. I was trying to make sure it was totally gone yesterday (holding/pulsing the button while blowing through the air holes) and imo the black mark got slightly bigger?

okay, I was thinking about dropping the atty in iso but didnt know if you could since im a noob at all this so I'll do that and see how it looks. in the mean time gunna try the dual coil out

OK, the black stuff is probable residual from the concentrate. As long as the coil is displaying the right resistance and firing, you should be fine.

waxdab23,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
OK, the black stuff is probable residual from the concentrate. As long as the coil is displaying the right resistance and firing, you should be fine.
knew I forgot something... its the standard yocan battery so no control/clue in regards to wattage etc

vapebuddy13,
Top Bottom