• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

waxdab23

knew I forgot something... its the standard yocan battery so no control/clue in regards to wattage etc

Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight. You're right, there's no control over wattage on the Evolve battery. So, just make sure you are doing very short pulses (1-3 seconds on the quartz and 5-7 on the donut).

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Tried the dual coil last night... felt like a stronger hit and got more clouds imo but taste was def not as good. Not really bad or anything but had a little bit of an off taste which I think a few people have mentioned.
OK, the black stuff is probable residual from the concentrate. As long as the coil is displaying the right resistance and firing, you should be fine.
343m7p1.jpg

343m7p1.jpg

nq70k3.jpg

nq70k3.jpg

so this is after letting it soak for awhile and trying to rub the black off so I'm pretty sure it isnt just residue. This one done for?

vapebuddy13,

zor

The black smudges are fine, I wouldn't sweat it. My coil has black spots on occasion and if I can't wipe em off with a qtip I notice they go away on their own with use.

Hoosier

That is something I have wanted to try but won't all your concentrate leak out once you hit the button while inverted ? I am almost sure it will .

Yea, it does. That said, whenever I have a coil that is getting gunky and is ready to be cleaned, I do the same thing. Just pop it into my rig like this and fire away. Huge, huge rips this way!

Justpassedu

Yea, it does. That said, whenever I have a coil that is getting gunky and is ready to be cleaned, I do the same thing. Just pop it into my rig like this and fire away. Huge, huge rips this way!
I gotta give it a try my quartz coils were getting gunked up so I threw them in a zip lock with some iso the other day . Left it over night and they seem to still work. Thinking of trying a ceramic coil next , any take on them ?

Hoosier

I gotta give it a try my quartz coils were getting gunked up so I threw them in a zip lock with some iso the other day . Left it over night and they seem to still work. Thinking of trying a ceramic coil next , any take on them ?

I pretty much only use the CDs at this point

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
hmm have been avoiding using glass to avoid dealing with cleaning up but that makes sense to try and clear up the bottom... I'll have to give it a try.

as for the donuts, when I first got my evolve plus I swapped it right away to the donut and was delic, eventually swapped to the dual coil and imo the first hit from the donut easily beat out the dual coil

vapebuddy13,

Justpassedu

I have a glass adapter that positions the pen upright.
Either way it works.

SHATTER is $50 for 4 grams in a legal state. (it will get even cheaper)
$60 a gram by me , live resin $75 a gram , cant wait until my state is legal. I have a drop town a could prob use with it to make it upright , i'll give it a try although I been enjoying my Evo allot lately with some concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
$60 a gram by me , live resin $75 a gram , cant wait until my state is legal. I have a drop town a could prob use with it to make it upright , i'll give it a try although I been enjoying my Evo allot lately with some concentrates.
I feel like a bullshitter.
(Really I'm not.)

However I take a few hits upright before I invert it.

The goal is to become medicated!

I do it both ways. (medicating)

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
omg 50 for 4g? i wish, I can get some ok stuff for $40 a gram or some real nice for $65ish... so jealous. Since I got my Evolve+ I've been going through it a bit quicker since its more convenient on the go.

vapebuddy13,
Reactions: killick

Jah-S

Hi y'all. I'm new here. I picked up a Yocan Evolve Plus recently. Gotta say I like it a lot so far, but only with the ceramic donuts; when I first fired up the QDC atomizer I picked up a distinct metallic / solder smell and have been afraid to use them. Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone dissected the QDCs to see how they're constructed inside? One more question: would the Yocan's battery properly power an Alpha Centauri dual coil from w9? I know the Alpha Centauri uses sub-ohm coils (0.6-0.8Ω) - which I believe is the same as the Yocan ceramic donut. I have access to a brand new KISS Alpha Globe via trade that I'd like to pair with the Yocan's battery if they'd work well together. Cheers!

Jah-S,

Jah-S

One more question: would the Yocan's battery properly power an Alpha Centauri dual coil from w9? I know the Alpha Centauri uses sub-ohm coils (0.6-0.8Ω) - which I believe is the same as the Yocan ceramic donut. I have access to a brand new KISS Alpha Globe via trade that I'd like to pair with the Yocan's battery if they'd work well together. Cheers!

I'm going to go ahead and answer this question myself; I decided to try it and it works great. I'm pretty impressed with the Evolve Plus' battery, and the ceramic donuts are nice, but this UP Tech atomizer is better, and the two pair perfectly (and look nice)! NOW I wonder if the UP Tech ceramic donuts will work in there...

rA7pd4r.jpg

arrr

Where do you guys live getting wax for so cheap. I pat $60 a gram for ok bho.

arrr,

Jah-S

Where do you guys live getting wax for so cheap. I pat $60 a gram for ok bho.
Yeah, I'm up in Western WA and I got a gram of really good live resin for $60. I'm new to this shit but I've never seen prices much better than that.

Jah-S,

tepictoton

Any idea where to get this in Europe?

Have mailed yocan tech several times asking for quotes, never heard back.

tepictoton,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I bought a Yocan Evolve with the dual quartz coils, plus a 5-pak of ceramic-nuts-of-dough-coils. I have not yet tried the ceramic nuts: but I only got it in the mail today. So far, so very nice.

EDIT:
=====

So, I did a donut. Yeah, I'm living Large. You are right, Sir @weenstoned . Very, very flavorful.

Double EDIT:
==========
the QDC can deliver much fatter rips.

I'll keep that in mind when I want to blow my lungs away....

Last edited:
Top Bottom