Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

VaporFreak

hey guys, would you highly recommend getting the dedicated glass piece or
is the rubber mouth piece acceptable?
Yes, it's better to buy a glas mouthpiece. In my opinion, the original rubber mouthpiece is not comfortable, it's getting hot during the session. The best solution for me is the glass bong adapter + D020 bubbler (with 14 to 18mm adapter).

sixtysix

I'm thinking about getting one of these as a gift... I see that Planetofthevapes has them for 63.96 on Black Friday. Are these a good option for someone who's never owned a vape before? I don't see any other vapes in this price range so I'm interested to know how these compare to similar priced units. Thanks is adv

sixtysix,

rozroz

I currnetly use it, after havind the Imag plus, which is similar.

I havent used better ones and got this one at very low cost from the UK (40$).
These are decent vape pens, with decent temp options.
But get one with an additional glass mouth piece and use only that. The original mouth piece is crap.

sixtysix

Awesome, the kit from POTV has the glass mouthpiece with it. I don't think he'll be using it more than a few times on the weekend so this should work perfect. Thanks

rozroz

can somebody help?
i use mostly the second temp (blue),
but not so sure whether the heat is correct..

asking because after 6 hits more or less, with very economical timing of heating and efficient use,
the herb already brown and dried.
just wanna make sure this is common with these conduction devices at 374F (blue)
or perhaps the temps in my case are all over the place?

thanks.

rozroz,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
That POTV deal for 63.85 with the grinder, tight vac storage and glass mouthpiece is a great deal. Gonna need an extra battery though.

@rozroz - 374 brown and dried sounds about right. As for 6 hits and whether that's all you should get - I'd need to know how much you put in the oven, some info on the herb itself and whether you tamped it down or not.

rozroz

- 374 brown and dried sounds about right. As for 6 hits and whether that's all you should get - I'd need to know how much you put in the oven, some info on the herb itself and whether you tamped it down or not.

Well for all i know,
I usually put around a third of a bowl..
Not too tight, not too grounded.
The herb? What info? Its semi dry.. what else?​

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is there still vapor after this 6 hits (even if the taste faded)?

Conduction vaporizers brownish the load faster, however it depends your bud, some turn brown faster than others...

rozroz

Is there still vapor after this 6 hits (even if the taste faded)?

Conduction vaporizers brownish the load faster, however it depends your bud, some turn brown faster than others...

There's hardly any vapor at the blue temp with a 1/3 bowl , but it gets the job done nevertheless. So i do two short sessions (each one at different times) with 3 hits each and quick turn off..

That's why i like to try a convection vape to see the difference in efficiency

Last edited:

His_Highness

@rozroz - 6 hits, as you've described, sounds about right given the information you provided.

I get why you do it that way....you end up cooking less herb when you're done and the oven is still heated when you only fill and use it like that.

'Seeing' vapor is not as important as 'feeling' vapor :rockon:.

I still prefer to fill 3/4 without tamping and going one rung higher in the heat/temp and I prefer the glass mouthpiece versus the one that came with the unit originally.

Last edited:
His_Highness,
Reactions: rozroz

rozroz

@rozroz - 6 hits, as you've described, sounds about right given the information you provided.

I get why you do it that way....you end up cooking less herb when you're done and the oven is still heated when you only fill and use it like that.

'Seeing' vapor is not as important as 'feeling' vapor :rockon:.

I still prefer to fill 3/4 without tamping and going one rung higher in the heat/temp and I prefer the glass mouthpiece versus the one that came with the unit originally.

it's just that i experiment in micro dosing so atm i feel great after one blue temp 3 hit session with a 1/3 bowl... if i'll do the same with a 3/4 bowl i feel this wastes more herb because of the conduction heat that cannot be "stopped". as said above, that's why i feel full convection is more up my ally.

rozroz

btw - a friend of mine bought this but i suddenly remember he only smoke hash..
i'm not sure it's any good for hash?
what's the best way? with that additional small metal capsule?
and is it the same regarding temps? what's the preferred temp for hash?
thanks.

His_Highness

btw - a friend of mine bought this but i suddenly remember he only smoke hash..
i'm not sure it's any good for hash?
what's the best way? with that additional small metal capsule?
and is it the same regarding temps? what's the preferred temp for hash?
thanks.

Sorry. No experience with hash to speak of.

His_Highness,

His_Highness

@rozroz - Do a search on 'hash' using the top right corner on this page and select only this thread when doing the search. There are mentions of successful use of hash between some folks including some suggestions from me on how it might be done. I completely forgot about those postings.

His_Highness,
Reactions: rozroz

Chocu1a

Picked up one of these during Black Friday from puffitup. Amazing vape pen. Mine came with the glass mouthpiece & man, does it make some clouds. Better than the Flowemate v5s, which I love.

nomadicsoul34

I own one of these...my first ever vaporiser . Ive had a good time with it but im just an occasional user.
Very simple to operate and does its job- much better when used with the dedicated bubbler from ebay.
However , ive started to have concerns about the air pathways etc so ive ordered a Vapcap and im in contact with the builder of homegrown logs..

nomadicsoul34,

Ruta

I have had one for the last year, definitely does the job, and what a price in comparison to some others. I use the glass mouthpiece at home and rubber one when out with the dog, for a bit of stealth :)
The only other vape i own is a Vapcap, and together i have every base covered, i will always recommend both, the Max for a nice long winded, chill with my coffee, and the Vapcap if i need a quick hit to go.
I got my Max for £40, how can anyone diss that, nice flavours on the low, nice, pretend i smoke again, clouds on the higher temps. I like to do a 5 min cycle on each temp, that's why sometimes i reach for the cap sometimes, because i've not always got 25 mins to spare :)
And you can switch batteries which is a godsend when out and about, camping, festies etc

RobotFart

Saw some people asking about hash, just filled up half the chamber with bud and then a third with good pollen hash and then topped it off with herb.

Put it on 428° and it was pumping out large clouds for 15 minutes or so. Works amazingly.

I think conduction helps with hash because it allows it to melt into the weed below.

Also bought mine for £40, really liking it but you do need the glass MP to get better results. Don't have a bubbler sadly.

Chocu1a

Does anyone know where replacement screens for the glass mouthpiece can be purchased? Can't seem to find any info online. My next bet is to try a hardware store.

Chocu1a,

Pimpslapper

Chocua, just soak it in isopropyl alcohol for a while and it is clean.
I have had this now for four months. I love it, it is everything I wanted in a vape. Stealthy, you can keep it in a small Mason jar if you take out the battery and
If you get an external charger, you can charge your batteries at work.
I bought 2xsony vtc5a 18650 batteries and they rock.
In fact they heat up as faster than my buddy's mighty.
One bowl, fully packed and lightly tamped gets four seasoned stoners very high on street weed (not legal where I live). Easy to clean and Stealthy, what more could you want for the price?
DEFINITELY recommend. With the battery upgrade and glass mouthpiece, this is a great kit that impresses all who use it (even my buddy with the mighty).

iLoveVape25

Hello all, I have the Xmax V2 pro, bought recently, and this battery cam with it :
Samsung ICR18650-26J M SDIEM TGT5

The problem is I don't know if it's official (I bought on aliexpress) and the thing is it doesn't last long. Max a couple of 2 min sessions. So a no go for a crowd.

Hard to find the volts/Amps specs of the unit to buy the BEST battery out there.

Here is a site I found : http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650Summary UK.html

but I don't know what to choose. Help appreciated !

best

Ruta

I think they should be lasting longer than that, i definitely get all 5 colours at 5 minutes at least, probably nearly a second go, i always put the unit on charge after a session (5x 5 minutes).
I use the batteries that came with it (Purple Samsung 29E), the ones left over from my faulty Inhalater (Green Samsung 30B), but find the Blue Samsung 25R give the best/longest performance.
I found buying batteries a bit of a mindfield and decided to purchase off a seller with good feedback, it's a crazy world of duff batteries out there!!
This forum topic may shed some light for you,

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/18650-battery-safety.18527/

I think it's worth persisting as it's been a good unit for me

Top Bottom