Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

kushkush

happy camper....
Does anyone here have the small mouthpiece-like bubbler ($14) that you can buy to go with the Xmax v2 Pro? If so, does it work well to cool the vape at all? And...if you accidently get water in the Xmax...is this fatal or will it work again when it dries out?

Last edited:
kushkush,

Heliroll

Does anyone here have the small mouthpiece-like bubbler ($14) that you can buy to go with the Xmax v2 Pro? If so, does it work well to cool the vape at all? And...if you accidently get water in the Xmax...is this fatal or will it work again when it dries out?
It is ok but I am in the process of buying a larger piece using the 14mm adapter. I've gotten water in the vaporizer with no ill effects... yet. YMMV

krillle3

I just bought myself one of these vaporizers as its temperature was supposed to be adequate to combust hash. However I seem to be getting some really low THC halt from it, has anyone else used this vaporizer for hash? And if so, any special tricks to getting it better? Thanks in advance!

krillle3,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@krillle3 - The trick with these type of conduction vapes is allowing the oven to conduct heat to the herb/hash before taking a hit. I don't know what type of hash we're talking about but I would crumble it to the point where it wouldn't get past the filters/screens to expose more herb area to the heat source and allow the oven a couple minutes to make the hash warm/hot.

Unfortunately you don't get much convection heat in these cigar pens so a good bit of the herb itself has to get heated by being in close proximity to the oven and with only a 5 minute cycle you may have to restart.

His_Highness,

krillle3

Thanks for the fast response.
I'd think it's just standard hash so nothing special really. So you're saying that I should crumble it into small pieces with say a grinder?
Oh so even if the pen says that the temperature is alright, it gets hotter if it stays in longer? So If i keep it on for say 10 minutes, that ought to be alright?
The hash does turn into ash though, but the effect is minimal compared to other methods of smoking.

krillle3,

His_Highness

@krillle3 - IMO the Xmax really isn't the right vape for hash but .......if you were vaping it in one chunk that's not going to work well. If it's dry enough you could crumble it in a grinder but I would test a few crumbled pieces done by hand first. Maybe fill only a quarter of the oven with BB gun sized pieces.

The amount of time to let it all get heat soaked is going to be tricky but I'd say 10 minutes is way too long before hitting it. Probably would cook the hash some before the first hit if you waited that long. Maybe try waiting 2 minutes past the point where it reaches temp and adjust from there.

His_Highness,

krillle3

Aye I've noticed, i read somewhere that the temperature was high enough for hash, but doesnt seem to be the only thing that matters.
What do you mean by adjust? Lower temp? I'm going for the highest temperature at the moment.

krillle3,

His_Highness

Not talking about the temp. When I mentioned adjust I meant .... once the temp is reached wait 2 minutes before taking the first hit and wait at least 30 seconds between hits. If it's not producing by the third attempted hit...on the next bowl wait 2.5 minutes before the first hit and maybe adjust the time up between hits too. Sorry..but this is going to be trial and error. I generally wait 1 minute after the temp is reached with herb so I'm guessing that the hash will need more of a heat soak.

Keep in mind that not seeing vapor doesn't mean it isn't getting the job done. Are you feeling it? I don't chase clouds...I chase the buzz and without having hash to test with I'm flying blind with just my knowledge of herb and the device.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Heliroll

krillle3

Thanks for your great explanations :)
Will try to do as you say. Probably should've researched a bit more before buying this one. But well, some day i might find some herb instead hehe.

That's the problem, I wasn't feeling it, and I put quite an amount in it too, I sure did feel the taste though, and the "burn" in the throat, but not really any big high as from other smoking alternatives. I'm quite new altogether to the cannabis scene so..

krillle3

So I tried it some more yesterday and it seems that when done in a grinder, and not being so fast on taking a new zip from it made it work quite great. Thanks for your tips :-)

Now to the cleaning, can I somehow remove the filter which is in the pen (combustion chamber?) If so, how?

Mine should arrive today.I just have a few questions that maybe you can help me with.

1. What grind and pack have you found to work best?

2. Where can I buy replacement screens in the US?

3. Can I replace the battery with any 18650 battery or is there a specific type that I need to buy?

4. Is a burn off necessary with this vape?

Thank you.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
1. Fine grind for clouds and coarse grind for taste, works well without any sort of grind too.
2. PIU
3. Any 18650 can work but a samsung 25R is better
4. yes but only one and try to rinse your mouthpiece in coconut milk or in iso+reclaim to take off the smell.

Enjoy!

1. Fine grind for clouds and coarse grind for taste, works well without any sort of grind too.
2. PIU
4. yes but only one and try to rinse your mouthpiece in coconut milk or in iso+reclaim to take off the smell.

Enjoy!

Sweet!! Just what I needed to know!

Ineedmedicine,

Enjoy!

It's charging as we speak. I have a Panasonic 18650 from an e-cig that I've had sitting around for awhile. I believe it's 3400 MaH. Will this be ok to use with the X-max?

What makes the Samsung battery superior? Thanks!

Ineedmedicine,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Unsure if the Panasonic will be enough. The manual of my unit says "2200mAh 10C" for the battery. 10 x 2.2 = 22A continuous. I think it's with a large safety as if I recall correctly the heater peak power output is rather low on this one, I forgot the figure but around 20W.

Anyways this is why we recommend using the Samsung 25R as it's rated 20A continuous, and it's a great battery. So great it's the benchmark against which most high discharge cells are compared. Alternatively you can use LG HE2, HE4, HG2 and Sony VTC5, VTC5-A and VTC6. I also like the Samsung 30Q personally.

In all cases double check the temperature of your cell after a session. If it's getting really hot it could be a sign that it's not up to the task (and potentially dangerous to use) Unfortunately it's compounded by the fact that the bottom of this vape will get hot during use whatever you do, as the entire body is used as a heatsink.

Wow!! So Samsung it is! Thanks for the informative post.

I was able to try it out for the first time and wow! Super impressed! Did one burn off at highest temp then a mostly full bowl at 392. It browned evenly and the effects were nice! So easy.

This is my first session vape and I'm super pumped. Can't beat it for $59 from PUI. Bought it Friday mid day. Shipped same day and got here today with Priority mail. So far a win and great experience.

VaporFreak

Hello guys, I'm enjoying my Xmax for over a year now and still works great! I'm using it mostly with glass bubbler D020... I tried the Vital vape too, but Xmax is better :) I want to ask if anyone knows some information about successor of Xmax? Can we expect some evolution of this great vaporizer?

VaporFreak,

zamal

Hi everyone, i just finished reading the whole thread, very informative, many thanks for that, and i think i'm going to buy an XMax Pro V2. I started with the Storm thread but reading there are almost no difference between the two except the price tag, i'm looking towards the XMax. I already own a few vapes but i was especially looking something to upgrade the Pinnacle Pro in my collection. I need a very stealthy vape that looks like an ecig to bring with me when i'm going out to concert venues or stadiums. My Pinnacle has been doing that just fine, but i wouldn't't mind getting better vapor quantity or quality.

Now the main reason of my message concerns the actual purchase. I've found the XMax on Alibaba, the seller is Topgreen, the factory that's making it if i'm not mistaken, so everything looks right, it is just the price: 32$. It seems so... low that i'm suspicious. Can somebody please tell me either if it is really the right place to buy or advise me maybe some other place ?

This is the link i'm talking about: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-in-1-electronic-vaporizers-dry_60542414714.html

zamal,

Meach

Thats a factory direct price after freight charges it's probably gonna run close to 50-60 and depending on the carrier can take up to a month to show up at your doorstep. ..for around $70-$80 you can find a reputable US vendor and have it in a few days

Meach,

zamal

I live in Europe but i see the general idea. I'll maybe try to find a seller in Europe for this price range. Thanks for the advice

zamal,

rozroz

I think the Storm is more advanced and you will get better customer service. Check also the Herbstick Eco for a cheaper but equally good alternative. Then the FlowerMate VT1 which isn't bad but a bit of an underdog. People also enjoyed the iMag+ but I haven't tested it.

Then if you go higher in range, there's the Focus as @His_Highness said, and the Arizer Air. That's about it for "pen style" vapes with a single battery cell.

If you want something of comparable power and capacity but in a different form factor, consider the FlowerMate 5 Mini, FM5 Mini-Pro and the Goboof Alfa. And of course the Pax 2. They are all similar ceramic oven conduction vaporizers.

hey man ;)
also checking out the Herbastick Eco..
some sell it at a 30 bucks.
still not sure about the quality and sellers though.

rozroz,

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
It looks legit. I got mine from PIU and it looks exactly like the packaging and product that I received. Hope that helps.

Silicon Advisor,
Reactions: rozroz

rozroz

hey guys, would you highly recommend getting the dedicated glass piece or
is the rubber mouth piece acceptable?

rozroz,
Top Bottom