• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes, get Samsung 25R or LG HE2 or HE4, they are safe bets. If you want more runtime consider Samsung 30Q or LG HG2.

The amp draw on this vape is pretty low.

iLoveVape25

I ended up doing some research... Here are the best batteries recommended by a popular user by the name of mooch, who does battery comparisons.

Sony VTC6, better than the Samsung 30Q or LG HG2 (a lot of fakes)

https://goo.gl/VYTFFx

also, he states that these batteries offer better endurance at low amperage than the others higher capacities because of lower inner resistance. I think the Xmax C2 Pro draws between 3A and 5A.

Best

iLoveVape25,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You omitted two important details: 1) the VTC6 is over-priced 2) it has more initial oomph but the cycle life is awful, they will lose capacity pretty fast according to the manufacturer own specs.

You don't need any oomph in the X-Max V2 Pro. It's a very low power heater, it's temperature controlled. The heater only draws N watts peak when operated at 100% PWM, it's not going to become more powerful just by using a stronger cell.

At best it will heat up quicker and be able to sustain its temperature better when the battery is drained, but don't expect it to become a Mighty or a Zion! :p

I stand by my 30Q recommendation, they are cheaper, run cooler and they are pink (yes that matters!)

iLoveVape25

Ok KeroZen, thank you for the input, will keep it in mind. Since I already ordered, I can't turn it back. Is it safe to use with the xmax ?

By the way, have you noticed that the xmax V2 pro is not sold anymore on aliexpress or dhgate ? Weird...

iLoveVape25,
Reactions: KeroZen

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hello all, I have the Xmax V2 pro, bought recently, and this battery cam with it :
Samsung ICR18650-26J M SDIEM TGT5

The problem is I don't know if it's official (I bought on aliexpress) and the thing is it doesn't last long. Max a couple of 2 min sessions. So a no go for a crowd.

Hard to find the volts/Amps specs of the unit to buy the BEST battery out there.

Here is a site I found : http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650Summary UK.html

but I don't know what to choose. Help appreciated !

best

You can't go wrong with the Samsung 18650 25R. They were the gold standard for a good long while and are still tops in their class. Got mine from Amazon. Check the reviews to make sure there isn't a large number of folks claiming counterfeit units.

The battery mentioned in the quoted post has good specs. Not sure why it's performing so badly. Maybe it's counterfeit. Could you contact the seller and request a new battery? Did the battery come with the Xmax pre-packaged or separate?

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I recently bought a Samsung INR18650-35E (for 6€) and I noticed heatup time is faster (exactly 30 secs for the lowest setting) and it gives me about 10 mins more fun.

Schroedinger,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Since I already ordered, I can't turn it back. Is it safe to use with the xmax ?

Yes no problem mate, it's just a bit overkill that's all. But you might be able to use that cell in another more powerful vape in the future, who knows? :)

EDIT: I'm not saying that there are no benefits though, as others mentioned you can improve heat up time and run-time by using something better than the stock cell. It's just that this vape won't use your cell full potential at all.

Pimpslapper

Edit @ilovevape-the Sony vtc5a, please read my post directly above yours.
That being said, I got more out of the stock battery than you are getting but the vtc5a batteries are straight up pimp

Pimpslapper,

iLoveVape25

The battery mentioned in the quoted post has good specs. Not sure why it's performing so badly. Maybe it's counterfeit. Could you contact the seller and request a new battery? Did the battery come with the Xmax pre-packaged or separate?

I bought it off aliexpress. Dunno if it's a fake one. I ordered a new one anyway, so that's that. :)

iLoveVape25

Thank you all for your replies, You are a helpful bunch. I agree that it's a great vape to use.

Here are some info on usage from my experience :

-When on the run and you know you are coming back quickly and you want to use it all by yourself. You load up the chamber and off you go. I use the plastic adapter, more stealthy
-When you are at home alone, same deal but use the glass adapter, better flavors.
-When you want to get really baked and high, then I use the bong with the glass adapter, fits perfectly.
this is the bong I use : http://imgur.com/UrzKk9S
-When you go to a club with friends, you know you will need more than one chamber, but who want to pack it there ? I load up these pods, I have six of those, and load them up quickly in the chamber when one is used up. I empty and clean the pods at home when I get back. These are the pods. http://imgur.com/jtIxqqG
-When friends are coming over, I do the same thing, load up the herb in the pods.

It's an all purpose vaporizer ! It's great !

Ruta

I have enjoyed this vape much similar to you @iLoveVape25 , i use the little capsule as a way of limiting my load, they are neat little things.
I shall have to upload the photos of one i have took apart, i was actually quite surprised how it wasn't as badly made as a way more expensive one i took apart.

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
@iLoveVape25- those pods...are they FlowerMate pods? And do you just drop the pod into the oven on the X-Max and it works well? If so, this is a game-changer for me with this vape. I already really like it, but this would be an amazing enhancement to its mobility for me...

iLoveVape25

Agree, please post a link to those pods!

@iLoveVape25- those pods...are they FlowerMate pods? And do you just drop the pod into the oven on the X-Max and it works well? If so, this is a game-changer for me with this vape. I already really like it, but this would be an amazing enhancement to its mobility for me...

Hey guys, I am glad I could have been of some help, bringing back to the community. This was exactly my goal, to make the xmax as versatile as possible. So I had to imagine a few stuff to get it going.

Yes the pods are the ones you find in flowermate products. The liquid pods and herb pods work. So you can even vape concentrates in the xmax !!!

http://flowermateusa.com/shop/parts-accessories/stainless-steel-pods/
http://flowermateusa.com/shop/parts-accessories/liquidwaxy-pod/

Here are the links.

They fit PERFECTLY inside the xmax, no need to mod anything. All the lids close well after putting the pods in.

The only thing you have to know, when you are clubbing or in the restaurant with friends, make sure you blow and cool the pod down before putting it inside your pocket. But it's winter in europe now, so temperature gets down quickly ! :) This is the stealthiest, easiest method I know off to have more than one bowl, in the park, with my wife. ;)

Also, there is a grinder that loads two pods and grind the herb right into it. This is the one :

http://flowermateusa.com/shop/parts-accessories/load-x-grinder-and-loader/

Enjoy.

Last edited:

iLoveVape25

I have enjoyed this vape much similar to you @iLoveVape25 , i use the little capsule as a way of limiting my load, they are neat little things.
I shall have to upload the photos of one i have took apart, i was actually quite surprised how it wasn't as badly made as a way more expensive one i took apart.

I would be glad to see the pics. Always interested. Also, maybe we can figure out the electric specs of the device to see how much it draws and what Amps it does it and the cutoff voltages so we can pick the best battery for it.

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
Indeed, thanks for the links...

One more question for ya iLoveVape25: is there more than one size for these? The first pic in the link shows what appears to be 2 different sized pods. There does not seem to be any purchase options for variable sizes however, so I am a bit confused.

Thanks again!

Silicon Advisor,

iLoveVape25

Indeed, thanks for the links...

One more question for ya iLoveVape25: is there more than one size for these? The first pic in the link shows what appears to be 2 different sized pods. There does not seem to be any purchase options for variable sizes however, so I am a bit confused.

Thanks again!

There is only one size pods, flower and concentrate are the same size. The pictures are misleading. there is only one manufacturer that does this I think, chinese I guess...

Pimpslapper

Unsure if the Panasonic will be enough. The manual of my unit says "2200mAh 10C" for the battery. 10 x 2.2 = 22A continuous. I think it's with a large safety as if I recall correctly the heater peak power output is rather low on this one, I forgot the figure but around 20W.

Anyways this is why we recommend using the Samsung 25R as it's rated 20A continuous, and it's a great battery. So great it's the benchmark against which most high discharge cells are compared. Alternatively you can use LG HE2, HE4, HG2 and Sony VTC5, VTC5-A and VTC6. I also like the Samsung 30Q personally.

In all cases double check the temperature of your cell after a session. If it's getting really hot it could be a sign that it's not up to the task (and potentially dangerous to use) Unfortunately it's compounded by the fact that the bottom of this vape will get hot during use whatever you do, as the entire body is used as a heatsink.

For the batteries questions this is informative

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned

Did you do a complete tear-down of the vape? I am very interested to see this.

Schroedinger,

Pimpslapper

Quick question for those who use wax in this vape... I may get a dab of rosin and qwiso soon:
Temp to vape each at? Max?
What to do with already vaped rosin /qwiso? Clean the wax chamber with iso and discard? Or can it be re-used like avb(without the iso ofc)?
Thanks!

Pimpslapper,

Pimpslapper

Hey guys, I am glad I could have been of some help, bringing back to the community. This was exactly my goal, to make the xmax as versatile as possible. So I had to imagine a few stuff to get it going.

Yes the pods are the ones you find in flowermate products. The liquid pods and herb pods work. So you can even vape concentrates in the xmax !!!

http://flowermateusa.com/shop/parts-accessories/stainless-steel-pods/
http://flowermateusa.com/shop/parts-accessories/liquidwaxy-pod/

Here are the links.

They fit PERFECTLY inside the xmax, no need to mod anything. All the lids close well after putting the pods in.

The only thing you have to know, when you are clubbing or in the restaurant with friends, make sure you blow and cool the pod down before putting it inside your pocket. But it's winter in europe now, so temperature gets down quickly ! :) This is the stealthiest, easiest method I know off to have more than one bowl, in the park, with my wife. ;)

Also, there is a grinder that loads two pods and grind the herb right into it. This is the one :

http://flowermateusa.com/shop/parts-accessories/load-x-grinder-and-loader/

Enjoy.

Just got my 4x flower mate pods, and I have to say, these are some very well machined little pods. The lids screw on with complete ease and they work a charm! They are smaller than the original chamber, but good for two people i would say.

Top Bottom