Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

Arif_Ahmed

Th
Get Samsung 25R IMR cells or LG HE2 or LG HE4... *but* do not buy them on ebay nor amazon or you will very likely get fake ones that could transform your X-Max into a deadly hand grenade. You've been warned and I'm serious here.
Thanks bro.
But the problem is.. I am living in Bangladesh.
I have looked many stores but they have this kind of batteries but they are not high drain.
So its the only way to buy from online.Whether its amazon or ebay or may b you can suggest me some reliable website where i can buy.

Arif_Ahmed,
hey guys,
so my xmax v2 pro doesnt work anymore. I got some water into it when filling the bubbler mouthpiece.
It's fully charged and I can turn it on, but when i want to choose the temperature the device turns off (red light flashing). Is there anything I can do at this point to get it to work again?

badoomdida,

sChris

Account Closed
Mine does this when battery is low(anything less than a full charge) or the unit is very cold. I disconnect the battery, stick it in my inside jacket pocket and then try again after 10-15mins.. or try a full battery if I have one

sChris,
Reactions: KeroZen

Ruta

@badoomdida
I have not got mine wet but my unit has developed the same fault, red flashing light and then off, regardless of the battery status. The vendor said it was related to the USB circuitry and they stated that i should charge my batteries in an external charger, which i believed at first but now this fault can occur mid bowl so struggle to see it being linked to USB charging!!
What i have to do to overcome this is to unscrew the battery off, take the battery out and touch the empty casing across both the outer body of the heater unit and the sprung centre that touches the battery when in operation. Then i screw it all together again and i'm good to go, although it is becoming a pain now, especially mid bowl when walking the dog :) I can't explain why this works but it does for me, hope it does for you.

the battery is fully charged but it still doesn't work :(
its really strange, it worked for 2 bowls after the water got in (I let it dry inbetween)
and now it turns on, indicates full battery (white light) but then turns off when I want to choose the temperature. I guess I can throw it away?
@Ruta I tried your solution, sadly it doesn't help in my case

badoomdida,

Ruta

@badoomdida sorry to hear my method did not work for you, funny thing was, after i posted that, mine played up big time and no matter how many times i repeated my usual procedure it just would not work, think i am on borrowed time!!

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
The more I use the Xmax, the more I like it. I am surprised that this unit doesn't get more love. i would put it just under the solo or the ariser air in terms of taste. It is so easy to fill. Never needs cleaning. Has a replaceable battery. I only wish the mouthpieces stayed on better. Still, not a big deal.

I never need to stir it, but sometimes I have to repack. I found the right size stainless steel balls that fit in the unit and keep partial loads packed. After packing, drop in a ball and push a bit. Wow. Talk about clouds.
Give it a try. Remember, however, these are really hot little bits of steel and take a while to cool off.

Gardenerjeff

Guitarplayer87

Hey Guys,

I have had my X-Max V2 Pro for a while now and the screens in all three of my glass mouthpieces are just about done for. I have cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol many times but they are getting frayed around the edges. I was wanting to pick up some extras to have on hand so I do not have to deal with this problem again. Does anyone know the size of this screen that comes in the glass mouthpiece and where to get more? Also I would like to buy more of the smaller screen that is down inside the chamber and the little cleaning brush if you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thanks Guys

Guitarplayer87,

saw_gameover

Hey Guys,

I have had my X-Max V2 Pro for a while now and the screens in all three of my glass mouthpieces are just about done for. I have cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol many times but they are getting frayed around the edges. I was wanting to pick up some extras to have on hand so I do not have to deal with this problem again. Does anyone know the size of this screen that comes in the glass mouthpiece and where to get more? Also I would like to buy more of the smaller screen that is down inside the chamber and the little cleaning brush if you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thanks Guys

There we go - https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/storm-screen-pack.html - May be worth contacting them about the brush aswell, haven't dealt with them before but they're supposed to have great customer service.

jr_gong

Hey new guy here

I an undecided whether to purchase the X Max V2 or the STORM Vaporizer
Both apparently are based on same model, yet I am not sure which one is the "latest"/"most at this point.

Can anyone clarify the differences (if there are any) of the current generations?

jr_gong,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hey new guy here

I an undecided whether to purchase the X Max V2 or the STORM Vaporizer
Both apparently are based on same model, yet I am not sure which one is the "latest"/"most at this point.

Can anyone clarify the differences (if there are any) of the current generations?

I don't know the Storm but I do have 2 Xmax Pro V2's. It's a decent starter. You might want to check out the Focus. It's the luxury model......you'll have to decide if the few extra dollars are worth the luxury.

His_Highness,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I think the Storm is more advanced and you will get better customer service. Check also the Herbstick Eco for a cheaper but equally good alternative. Then the FlowerMate VT1 which isn't bad but a bit of an underdog. People also enjoyed the iMag+ but I haven't tested it.

Then if you go higher in range, there's the Focus as @His_Highness said, and the Arizer Air. That's about it for "pen style" vapes with a single battery cell.

If you want something of comparable power and capacity but in a different form factor, consider the FlowerMate 5 Mini, FM5 Mini-Pro and the Goboof Alfa. And of course the Pax 2. They are all similar ceramic oven conduction vaporizers.

jr_gong

Stealth is a must for my particular case as well as a 100$ max. budget.
The Focus looks interesting as well, yet it's not compatible with oils, so at this point X-max v2 is my choice :)

jr_gong,

bounce5

Would the Xmax V2 Pro with a Water Tool give a similar or better hit than an Arizer Air (without a water tool)? I'm considering getting a Pinnacle Water Tool knockoff off of Dhgate and the glass adapter mouthpiece for the Xmax V2 Pro? Is this a good idea? Has anyonbe tried this combination? And are those Pinnacle Water Tools safe to use (do they leak?) Any thoughts and/or help are appreciated.

His_Highness

Would the Xmax V2 Pro with a Water Tool give a similar or better hit than an Arizer Air (without a water tool)? I'm considering getting a Pinnacle Water Tool knockoff off of Dhgate and the glass adapter mouthpiece for the Xmax V2 Pro? Is this a good idea? Has anyonbe tried this combination? And are those Pinnacle Water Tools safe to use (do they leak?) Any thoughts and/or help are appreciated.

I can't speak to the Arizer Air or the Pinnacle Water Tools....but I have used the Xmax V2 Pro with my cheapie D020-D bubbler and 14mm Gong. Both the old and new mouthpiece have silicone as the base that is large enough to fit right in the bubbler and makes good contact. The older mouthpiece that is all silicone also fits with my gong. The newer mouthpiece sits in my gong but is glass on glass and the connection is not as clean. It all works well if I use the combo at max temp and slightly below with a moderate to slow draw. Does cause me to go through more product than usual though.

His_Highness,
Reactions: bounce5

sChris

Account Closed
I use my glass mouthpiece with a d020-d, it just slips inside the 18mm joint and seals on the silicone. For a 14mm joint I pull out the glass bit and just use the silicone which is a near perfect fit.

On maximum temperature it hits really hard, two big hits is enough for me usually then I come back for 2-3 more later on.

I have not tried any other vape yet so no comparisons.

Arif_Ahmed

Anyone having trouble for over heat ??
I set the temp 356.. But it seems getting more heat ..
Its been occurring from few days ago ..
can anyone explain pls ??

Arif_Ahmed,

His_Highness

Anyone having trouble for over heat ??
I set the temp 356.. But it seems getting more heat ..
Its been occurring from few days ago ..
can anyone explain pls ??

I've got 2 and I've never seen this happen. Any chance you're blocking the air intake holes or the oven air holes themselves? Does it need to be cleaned to keep the air flowing and the heat down? What makes you think it's getting more heat than it should? Is it com-busting?

His_Highness,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I recently sold an xmax2 here in the classifieds that was a month old and 5 uses.
Anyhow, the purchaser is saying that the blue light constantly flashes during usage. Has anyone know what this means?

TIA

Slow Draw McGraw,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes, this vape leds are solid while heating and are blinking while the unit reached the desired t° (blue means 374°F I think), I think X-Vape updated this for the latest unit(now it's inverted: blinks while heating and solid while the unit reached the desired setting)...or maybe it's only for the latest Storm...

PPN,

bounce5

The blue light flickers while heating and continues to flicker and dims irregularly after reaching temp. All the other lights flicker during heating and are solid (no flickering issue) after they reach temp. I will post a video.

bounce5,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
This sound like a cold or damaged solder on one of the LED legs, creating a bad contact. If your device heats and keeps temperature properly, I wouldn't worry too much.

A little nudge on the LED could fix it or break it even more, do it at your own risk. Otherwise earlier in the thread someone dismantled his device. I don't recall if it was non destructive or not though. But with a fine tip soldering iron, fixing the LED should be a trivial job.

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
I just picked an X-MAX Pro v2 and I have a question about batteries for this device.

It came with a Samsung ICR18650 which has a flat top. However, I have a few AW IMR18650s that have a "nipple" or slightly raised bump on the tops laying. Does anyone know if it is ok/safe to use them in this.

Thanks!!

Silicon Advisor,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
No safety problem using button-tops, but you won't be able to screw the "can" fully (at least on mine) So it's more a cosmetic problem than anything else.

Glad to hear they now ship with better batteries. Mine came with a rather crappy one.

Top Bottom