What will be the fate of the vaporization after legalization?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
do you notice any difference in the wheeze between using the Cloud or the Solo or Vapolution?

Hippie Dickie,

weedemon

enthusiast
always there no matter what i use. and concentrates make it even more noticeable.
weaker hits seem to be the way to minimize it

ugobo

I beleive that vaporization is the future. I'm not only talking about weed here but all the other herbs and plants that your health could benefit. Like one poster pointed out,it will be as common as anything else in the house...

ugobo,
Reactions: TriiKLe

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
IMO if they legalize selling, will be all screwed. Big companies immediately will try to monopolize the sales. Buy huge lands and subsidize farmers and kill the trade. Like everything else, this is a multibillion dollars black market that is going to turn totally legal just like that, and big companies loose a chunk of it, no way, they are not stupids, they see legal $$$$ in something it was black before.
Then we have global legalization, and what will happen, of course the rest of the world will produce cheaper weed than the US, and here we come, old faithful US to make war on poor countries around the world that will try to imitate US and import to them, why not?? but not good for old US politics, we don't like them, we war them, we FAIR TRADE them bullshit.
So, legalizing selling don't makes any sense to me.
IMO the best it can be done, legalize consumption and your own growing at home, and fuck big companies.
Do you want Monsanto and Nestle and Phillip Morris to sell you legal weed???
We should really think about it...
Say NO to legal selling, say YES to legal growing at home :peace:

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: TriiKLe

Qbit

cannabanana
Eh, as long as you're allowed to grow, I'm not bothered by the prospect of commercial weed. If you don't want the big companies selling you herb, don't buy from them. But I suspect there'll also be plenty of boutique growers, like small wineries today.

darkrom

Great Scott!
IMO if they legalize selling, will be all screwed. Big companies immediately will try to monopolize the sales. Buy huge lands and subsidize farmers and kill the trade. Like everything else, this is a multibillion dollars black market that is going to turn totally legal just like that, and big companies loose a chunk of it, no way, they are not stupids, they see legal $$$$ in something it was black before.
Then we have global legalization, and what will happen, of course the rest of the world will produce cheaper weed than the US, and here we come, old faithful US to make war on poor countries around the world that will try to imitate US and import to them, why not?? but not good for old US politics, we don't like them, we war them, we FAIR TRADE them bullshit.
IMO the best it can be done, legalize consumption and your own growing at home, and fuck big companies.

I'll be completely honest with you I'd be thrilled to be able to go to the store and buy Nestle weed! :mmmm:

I do understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure that really applies to cannabis. Sure there would be cheapo mexican weed everywhere, but at the same time you can still grow your own just the same. Just like a supermarket VS local farm stands etc, we can have both. Why not make the billions of dollars? Nestle won't be growing in my back yard. I could grow my own exactly how I want, and others can buy their corporate weed. Why not allow both options and allow the big companies to make billions for the economy, which in turn would certainly work quite well with politicians when it comes to keeping it legal. Its harder to outlaw a billion dollar industry than a backyard hobby.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'll be completely honest with you I'd be thrilled to be able to go to the store and buy Nestle weed! :mmmm:

I do understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure that really applies to cannabis. Sure there would be cheapo mexican weed everywhere, but at the same time you can still grow your own just the same. Just like a supermarket VS local farm stands etc, we can have both. Why not make the billions of dollars? Nestle won't be growing in my back yard. I could grow my own exactly how I want, and others can buy their corporate weed. Why not allow both options and allow the big companies to make billions for the economy, which in turn would certainly work quite well with politicians when it comes to keeping it legal. Its harder to outlaw a billion dollar industry than a backyard hobby.

One word for you: Monsanto.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
if i may ... Monsanto is agressive about patenting the genetics of plants, being sure the pollen cross pollinates non genetically engineered plants, say in nearby fields, then even more agressively suing the unsuspecting farmer for illegally using their patented genes.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I wondered about this issue and Monsanto also. If theres money to be made on a crop, I bet they'll be on it.

Steele Concept,

2clicker

Observer
believe me Monsanto is working on it. they are based out of st louis and ive been to a couple of facilities. ive spoken with quite a few people who have worked in the building and have been in the green houses. they are indeed growing cannabis... what for i can only speculate.

in the future i hope to see that grocers and places selling genetically engineered foods will be forced to actually tell the customer that what they are buying has been genetically altered. as of now there is no such regulation and people are buying and eating it and they dont even know. its fucking crazy really.

the truth is scary.

2clicker,
Reactions: darkrom

Trilldo

I haven't read the thread, and I'm new here, so I don't know who's on what side of what, but, for one thing, I think the whole medical marijuana thing is going to keep it illegal for all but the sick to use. But! If it were actually legalized, I'd keep vaping. Since I quit smoking cigs, I can't stand the taste or smell of burning plant material. Plus, it's a cleaner high for my head, and gets rid of chemo nausea way better than smoking did.

Trilldo,

astro traveller

I have a feeling that were this to happen they will be able to isolate some of the medicinal aspects of the plant and package it up in a nice pill or something. Claiming it provides all the relief that smoking does but in a less harmful way, and without the 'side effects'.

With perhaps a few pharmaceutical products like that I highly doubt anyone would be advised to vape, smoke or eat 'pure' herb. They would sooner sign you up to a product that has been through numerous trials and is deemed safe.

astro traveller,
I still don't understand this question. Why would the "fate of the vaporization" be any different "after legalization"?

kingofnull,

darkrom

Great Scott!
They would sooner sign you up to a product that has been through numerous trials and is deemed safe.

Like the billions upon billions of combusted bowls out there that were deemed safe? Talk about trails...cannabis has been used safely as long as history records for the most part!

darkrom,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I haven't read the thread,

welcome to the forum! any chance you'll read the magic flight launch box thread? :lol:

darkrom...if you watch Food, Inc. you'll see all you want to know about Monsanto.

I also hope the economic benfits of legalization will spur the movement. I'm afraid the newly reached energy reserves in the US will take care of that issue first.

OF

I'm not sure we really have to guess about this, we have a couple of excellent models that point to the way it would probably evolve.

Consider the MMJ market in California. We have HUGE choices here. Not a day goes by when someone in a 'less tolerant' state doesn't express envy. Capitalism makes that happen.

Likewise, consider the Dutch and seeds/strains. If the legal roadblocks are removed, the profit motive takes over and good stuff happens. It's true Budwiser, Coors and a few others 'own' the beer market....but you really can't tell that by looking into a modern liquor store can you? Hundreds of options in larger ones, dozens in almost any one. As long as home and micro brewing remain legal I think that's the way it will be. As we demanded more choice in beer (and were willing to pay for that), up sprouted the upstart small breweries to make that happen.

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm not sure we really have to guess about this, we have a couple of excellent models that point to the way it would probably evolve.

Consider the MMJ market in California. We have HUGE choices here. Not a day goes by when someone in a 'less tolerant' state doesn't express envy. Capitalism makes that happen.

Likewise, consider the Dutch and seeds/strains. If the legal roadblocks are removed, the profit motive takes over and good stuff happens. It's true Budwiser, Coors and a few others 'own' the beer market....but you really can't tell that by looking into a modern liquor store can you? Hundreds of options in larger ones, dozens in almost any one. As long as home and micro brewing remain legal I think that's the way it will be. As we demanded more choice in beer (and were willing to pay for that), up sprouted the upstart small breweries to make that happen.

OF

I for one look forward to the option of affordable backyard enthusiast grows, along with the "patron of cannabis".

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
As a medical patient who just had his only dispensary closed by the state or county (it wasn't the feds which surprised me), and all of his friends thrown in jail for the holiday weekend (they were in full compliance with state law btw, this is backlash from LEO and government since we dare to have legalization votes coming up in the fall) I have to say that right now I am pretty disappointed in my state government and LEO.

So MY vaporizer is not seeing much action right now, I am extremely ill on top of all this as well, and am quite unhappy about the whole thing. I have done my part and stayed within the law, the state has now broken that "contract".

As long as MJ is illegal we will continue to see government and LEO abuses such as this imo.
Kannabosm Shop Busted

"Shimmin says he’s taken pains to ensure that Kannabosm is compliant with Oregon’s medical marijuana statutes. “I consult and have on retainer attorneys that have gone through my model and have told me that it’s completely, 100 percent legal” according to Oregon law, he says. The actions of the narcotics team “are completely against the voters.”"

"As EW went to press, Shimmin says neither he nor Mullins have been formally charged, but Shimmin says that he was arrested for possession, delivery, manufacturing, tampering with evidence and money laundering. Sgt. Carrie Carver of the Lane County Sheriff’s Office says the lack of charges could be due to a number of factors, including a lack of evidence, not enough prosecutors to continue the case or investigators waiting to gather more information before filing."

My bet is they will NEVER be charged and that this is just LEO and government harassment, funded by the poor taxpayer.

t-dub,

Trilldo

If they legalize it, for reals, it will be the same as tomatoes, and I grow my own tomatoes, so. If people don't want to bother to grow their own, then, yes, corps will make big bucks off of it. I also make my own beer sometimes. It's about a quarter a gallon. That's what I was saying about medical marijuana. The way it is now, only a few places/people are allowed to grow/sell it legally, and they are getting rich. Saw an interview Bill O'Reilly (I know, I know, but you should watch it) did with a couple of guys who've made millions at a clinic. They straight up said they do NOT want it legalized. They had some hogwash to say about why, but the bottom line is that they don't want people cutting in on their $. It is ALWAYS about $. The reason it's illegal is about $. /soapbox

Trilldo,

Trilldo

welcome to the forum! any chance you'll read the magic flight launch box thread? :lol:

darkrom...if you watch Food, Inc. you'll see all you want to know about Monsanto.

I also hope the economic benfits of legalization will spur the movement. I'm afraid the newly reached energy reserves in the US will take care of that issue first.

Thanks! :) I think there may be several threads about the mflb, but I started reading the main one, I guess, but it starts back in 09, and not really trying to read -that- much. I gots mines and it works fine. :) A friend of mine made me want a Pax, though. And, to bring this post back to be relevant to the OP, I think that'd be the future of vaping if weed were legalized: lots more advancement in vape tech for herbs. From what I understand, even the way we vape now, we are still getting some burning, so we're not totally getting rid of carbon monoxide and whatever else from burning plant material, so I need to become interested in oils, maybe. I'm new to everything vape, so I have a lot to learn.

And that's another thing that legalization would do: make vaping more accessible than papers and bowls to burn it in. But, actually, after starting to vape myself, I wonder why more of us don't, due to the stealth aspect of it (at least with the mflb). I sure am kicking myself for not vaping all these years. Been smoking herb and cigs for 35 yrs until about 2 months ago. Quit smoking cigs, and suddenly my weed tasted like something out of the dumpster.

Trilldo,

Jimmyweaese

When Cannabis is made legal by federal law in the U.S. (And I do believe it will happen sooner or later), what will become of the vaporizer market and vaporization in general? By that time, medical research on Cannabis will be much less restricted, and it will likely become much more widely known and scientifically accepted that vaporization is far healthier than smoking. Will vaping become the most popular method of consumption? Will Big Pharma try to capitalize? Discuss. :)
Sales will sky rocket what with more smokers looking at a healhier way to go ,its bound to go up.

Jimmyweaese,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
it will take an act of congress with (hopefully) an individual mandate to buy a vaporizer.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom