What will be the fate of the vaporization after legalization?

skyline

When Cannabis is made legal by federal law in the U.S. (And I do believe it will happen sooner or later), what will become of the vaporizer market and vaporization in general? By that time, medical research on Cannabis will be much less restricted, and it will likely become much more widely known and scientifically accepted that vaporization is far healthier than smoking. Will vaping become the most popular method of consumption? Will Big Pharma try to capitalize? Discuss. :)

vapirtoo

Hey, we've fucked up every other natural resource, so we will find a way to fuck up
legalization too. :shrug: I do not know how, but it is inevitable.

vapirtoo,

max

Out to lunch
paraphenalia of all kinds and everywhere is illegal.
The premise is that once cannabis is legal, the hardware will be as well, and vaporizing is likely to become much more popular once the word gets around that it's a healthier method of ingestion.

I think vaping would get a boost, and the percentage of people using it would increase, but smoking is easier and cheaper, and should continue to be the popular method, especially among the younger set. As for the drug companies, all they can do is snythesize and hope for the best. You can't patent mother nature, and they have nothing to do with vape hardware. Big hardware companies would probably try to run smaller vape makers out of business by asking for standards and certifications that the small companies couldn't meet or afford.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
The premise is that once cannabis is legal, the hardware will be as well, and vaporizing is likely to become much more popular once the word gets around that it's a healthier method of ingestion.

only in a rational world ... but where is that?

Big hardware companies would probably try to run smaller vape makers out of business

That's my rationale for making my design open source

You can't patent mother nature

right, i can't but Dow can.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Its going to be interesting to watch big pharma try to "improve" upon the plant, like with Sativex etc. imo they will be able to make very pure extracts because of their technology and equipment, but will never "improve" upon mother nature.

I am sure once study opens up new medicines will be isolated. Novel blood pressure medications are already in study, and I must say mine has been perfect since I started vaping. But it is going to be interesting moving forward. I see a mixture of big pharma, and people like us working in their kitchens. I'm working on extracting hash with DMSO to make a trans-dermal delivery system right now. Our culture loves to innovate. If let loose I feel the creative force behind cannabis could drive a lot of creative/economic activity, in a very positive way. You can grow ideas in the garden of your mind :)

I dunno, wake an bake thoughts :peace:

t-dub,
Reactions: skyline

zymos

I used to be a regular, but stopped hanging out there cause all I did was get in political (and other) arguments. Which is totally my own fault.
Pretty cool place though, with many legendary breeders contributing, and lots of amazing growers.

zymos,
I used to be a regular, but stopped hanging out there cause all I did was get in political (and other) arguments. Which is totally my own fault.
Pretty cool place though, with many legendary breeders contributing, and lots of amazing growers.
I know! People have been very raunchy to each other recently it seems. I read ICMag for technique, but I don't like to post. I'm afraid I will be torn to shreds and am a sensitive sort.

singingcrow,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I agree. After reading there I will not register. In fact, this is the only social community I participate in at all.

t-dub,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
kinda strange ... read the page with 21 USC Section 863 (drug paraphernalia), and in the right column is an ad by GotVape for the PuffIt vaporizer. LOL!

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/21/13/I/D/863

So, is google ad provider reading my FC cookie? i guess i need to learn more about what is exposed/available to websites i visit. i can just see Facebook broadcasting this info --- that's their business model isn't it?

Hippie Dickie,

rayski

kinda strange ... read the page with 21 USC Section 863 (drug paraphernalia), and in the right column is an ad by GotVape for the PuffIt vaporizer. LOL!

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/21/13/I/D/863

So, is google ad provider reading my FC cookie? i guess i need to learn more about what is exposed/available to websites i visit. i can just see Facebook broadcasting this info --- that's their business model isn't it?
I thought google ad might be using my search history to select the ads. If I share my computer with others, they might learn more than I want them to know about my interests. I use DuckDuckGO at times.

rayski,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Google has a whole database of information collected about you from any service they own that you have used. They will even let you see it if you want too. They use this info to target ads. It's just the new age of marketing.

Facebook and all sorts of other services do this too; if your relationship status is set to single, you'll get Fling! ads and so on and so forth. If you want to get an idea of who gets information from you when your browsing, check out the Chrome addon Collusion. For example, I can see that FC lets Google Analytics, Gravatar and Squarespace have access to information of mine. Not that it's a problem or anything, it's just the way it is

CentiZen,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yeah, i avoid gmail, etc. the idea of the gfuckers reading my emails so they can target ads to my recipients is, well, just wrong. M$ forever!

Hippie Dickie,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
...but they do the exact same thing...

I agree it isn't ideal, but it's not like it's hurting us. It's just the only real way to make money online and these services need to monetize somehow.

CentiZen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Firefox with the Ghostery plugin cuts down on a lot of that crap. You'd be disgusted by the number of trackers on some sites.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i only use hotmail for my online personality. my business and real identity email goes through my domain directly to my inhouse Exchange Server, via SBS Standard 2011.

Hippie Dickie,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I think vaporizing will and should be encouraged over smoking. Its easier on our body, it is easier on the lungs of others around us as well.

Skeena,

weedemon

enthusiast
vapor is the future of "smoking" and it will be for that... I think that edibles and the like will be the ones pushed more heavily.

I'm not 100% on board with the idea that vaporization doesn't do anything harmful to me still. It's a risk i choose to accept.

when I blaze i still have a wheeze in the time where I am high. My friends all say I have a signature sound. because I clear my throat all the time. it's a double cough type thing i do.

personally, i much prefer the high from vapor over eaten though. much shorter lasting. more controllable. delicious :D to each their own though right?

I cant wait to get my hands on bottles of juiced weed plants. not to get high but for the health benefits! :)

Top Bottom