Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum everyone. :D

And Egzoset; way to go!!! Congratulations on one year of happy vaping. :clap:

momofthegoons,

Egzoset

Banned
Thanks Momo!

A year ago i couldn't have got a clue what my future as a vaporist was going to be like... It's funny how things evolve sometimes! Well, i haven't been vaping everyday but i'm not complaining given the circumstances. My wish is that every single ex-smoker out there can have the same satisfaction and beyond. In any case, to try it is to adopt it!!!

:peace:

Egzoset,

HuskerMath

I'm 25, recently engaged, and working at my university as a TA (basically a professor, but at much lower pay) and attending the same university working towards my Ph.D. in mathematics. I'm working on set theory... basically, the theoretical stuff that, at the end of the day, doesn't matter all too much. But I've always loved the theoretical aspect! I grew up in Miami (11 years), Las Vegas (9 years), and Lincoln (4 years). What else... oh, I'm pretty big into body modification - I have about 35 hours of tattooing under my belt. My legs are basically covered, and I'm working on my torso as we speak, but my arms and neck are off limits (professionally, I need to hide all my ink).

HuskerMath,

PMDTX

Hello everyone!
I'm not so much into cannabis these days, although I have many many fond memories (smiling) and I therefore respect anyone who chooses to use it in a recreational and- especially -medical mindset.
I'll be happy to share tobacco blends in another thread, if anyone is interested.
I've been on pipe tobacco vaping since roughly the first of the year. In that time, I've very nearly stopped smoking completely. Down from buying two to three cartons a month, to buying roughly two packs a week. Smoking has begun to TRULY lose it's appeal, and isn't as satisfying a nic fix as a vape.
I know what you're thinking. "Wow, he's alarmingly handsome." I get that a lot; it's a burden my wife bears every time I remember to remind her. But anyway, after THAT, you think to yourself, "What machines does he drive, to achieve this 2 to 5 cigarette/day habit? And, disturbingly... Is he a Cannibal?"
You all are kind to honor me by allowing my membership in this respectable forum with such a happy name, therefore...
My secrets are your secrets, and they follow:
My wife got me an Iolite 2.0 after much research. That led me to this forum, which led me to buy a couple to three more of the cheapie desk-top models like VP-102s (one is the wooden kind with the drawer -- it's my favorite once I got the fire out, got it apart, and made some minor modifications).
With these manner of vaporizers, I am not restricted to a liquid stuff that might run out at my fave store, leading me to go rushing all over town (like when I run out of Vector). I buy a blend that I can have made for me at a local place (in our Mall). Two ounces is around twenty five bucks and it lasts me ... well I'm still on the first oz and I bought them the first week of January.
So seriously, thanks for letting me in, and I read all I can whenever I can on this forum. Time isn't my best friend but when I scam up some to spare, I'm here picking ya'lls brains haha
Good to meetcha
---DTX

PMDTX,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Here at home, besides a half dozen Ecigs I created... my wife has vaped tobacco from the MFLB, Iolite, NO2.
It works.
My wife is now a non smoker, that vapes no-nic juice once in a while for flavor.

Vitolo,

CHEI

Medical Cannabis Inspector
I first tried cannabis at age 12. Im 22. I was successful in high school and went off to sdsu where I continued experimentation with psilocybin mushrooms. I developed a spinal spasm from driving long distances and not knowing how to exercise properly (cheap ass honda). My week of finals first semester I was locked in a psychiatric hospital due to intervening in my education by my family (they'd say it just was me). I missed my finals. After that I became a sex addict with my high school girlfriend and lost all grasp on education. At the same time I experienced psychosis from cannabis from a medical dispensary.

I began medical consumption at 18; I failed a grow operation at my off campus location and had to move back home where I lived in a half sized room next to my parents for a few years.
Many many hospitalizations preceeded and 3 rehabs two of which were actually legitimate. I was the guy to go for green or trip at many times. I haven't best at keeping up with school or holding down a job and this has been holding me back.

I discovered hip hop music and turntables and this became the focus and joy of my life. My last hospitalization occured last year before christmas because I cursed out my dad. I was watching scarface on repeat and got agitated due to the fact I haven't had any sex since my high school girl friend.

Now I am just trying to live and relax but its been rough arguing with my dad again. He took my car keys because I wouldn't send him a daily email telling him what I do. I said it was an invasion of privacy and I just feel trapped. I just wanted to get a book and chill out and read this sunday and goto the gym. Now I'm stuck at home where he has been accusing me of hiding and staying around here too much to begin with.

FC is a great source of support. I thought I'd share a bit about myself and see if I get any response. I like to read others responses as well so WHAT UP FC!

I don't have many real friends these days but despite my past I am a very nice and chill dude who just likes to live healthy and I'm really into music and now vaping :).

If anybody read this I hope you can take a piece with you and just learn something or get something beneficial from it.

CHEI,

PMDTX

Vitolo said:
Here at home, besides a half dozen Ecigs I created... my wife has vaped tobacco from the MFLB, Iolite, NO2.
It works.
My wife is now a non smoker, that vapes no-nic juice once in a while for flavor.

Thanks for the input!! I'm interested in both of those other models you mentioned and I definitely know where to look first before going out to buy. Thanks again man it's encouraging to read that your Mrs. was able to quit smoking this way. I'm trying not to get impatient/guilty/anything bad, just trying to relax and let my smoking drop off by itself. Is that what your Mrs. did, or did she set a date?
---DTX

PMDTX,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm trying not to get impatient/guilty/anything bad, just trying to relax and let my smoking drop off by itself. Is that what your Mrs. did, or did she set a date?

I don't know how Vito's wife quit, but I find putting dates on my goals can defeat the deal. Back when I quit smoking (long, long time ago before ecigs), I pretty much quit cold turkey. I would allow myself one cig a day. My favorite time was right before bed. My rule was that if I missed out on that time frame, I couldn't make up for it later or the next day. It took a while, but I woke up one day and realized I hadn't had a cig in a week. History from there. Now, while this approach isn't for everyone, it worked real well for me to not put a deadline on my quitting. It just sort of happened on it's own. I've found the same to be true of diets. If I am trying to lose weight for a special occasion....say weighing in at the doctor's for my regular visit :p I find I usually gain weight from the stress of worrying about it. I would think trying to quit cigs would be the same way. The more you have to think about it; the more you want it. :2c:

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :lol: :D

momofthegoons,

PMDTX

CHEI said:
I first tried cannabis at age 12. Im 22. I was successful in

FC is a great source of support. I thought I'd share a bit about myself and see if I get any response. I like to read others responses as well so WHAT UP FC!

I don't have many real friends these days but despite my past I am a very nice and chill dude who just likes to live healthy and I'm really into music and now vaping :).

If anybody read this I hope you can take a piece with you and just learn something or get something beneficial from it.

Nice to meetcha! I smoked it from age 12 up, as well as you did. I guess I was in my mid twenties when I stopped buying it. Then after that, I just never was around it enough to want it I guess. I'm in my late-ish forties now. I can count two or three occasions, that I've smoked cannibis again since age 31 or so. It's changed or I have changed, either way it isn't for me anymore. Anyway. Glad it helps you.

I've been reading here when I can, and I agree that they do seem very very helpful and supportive here. Very straightforward, to the point, they ask direct questions to give you the same in return here. I like it here as well, in other words (smiling).

I'm not so "chill" I have to admit, I am working a lot and when home, I am working a lot (smiling). But living healthy is an interesting notion that I'm just getting into the idea of studying. Music is also cool, naturally. I can't play my favorite music very loudly when my Mrs is around or when I'm in my car. But I like to listen to it very loudly on the highway or when I'm otherwise safely alone.

How long have you been vaping? I must have missed it someplace. Barely a few months for me, as I think I said.

Again, nice to meet you. Have a good week!
---DTX

PMDTX,
CHEI, not sure whether you're looking for advice, but it looks like you've been through some rough times. I'd say take the hip hop/turntables thing and run with it. Get some software and start making beats. Even if it doesn't turn into something that makes you money, I think it'll be good to have a passion that keeps you focused and grounded.

OKcomputer,

Qbit

cannabanana
Egzoset said:
Here's another one: celebrating the 1st anniversary of my initiation to vaporism TODAY!

:D

Post date: 16 Feb 2012

Does not compute.

Qbit,

Vitolo

Vaporist
PMDTX said:
...Is that what your Mrs. did, or did she set a date?
She just let it happen .. and relapsed a couple of times... .. no big promises to herself...
She resorted to combustion a few times... and I reassured her that whatever she wanted was OK with me.. and that there was no disappointment!
For me, it just happened
I realized one day I had not smoked in weeks.

Vitolo,

Egzoset

Banned
Qbit said:
Does not compute.

Then RESET! Well, I guess that's the thought which counts!...

29.gif

Egzoset,

PMDTX

Qbit said:
Egzoset said:
Here's another one: celebrating the 1st anniversary of my initiation to vaporism TODAY!

:D

Post date: 16 Feb 2012

Does not compute.

I think he means, the first Vape. Not the first day to join this fine group. Or am I wrong? Either way happy anniversary haha

Vitolo said:
PMDTX said:
...Is that what your Mrs. did, or did she set a date?
She just let it happen .. and relapsed a couple of times... .. no big promises to herself...
She resorted to combustion a few times... and I reassured her that whatever she wanted was OK with me.. and that there was no disappointment!
For me, it just happened
I realized one day I had not smoked in weeks.

You really DO make sense, now that I am vaping daily. But prior to, say, december? I would NOT be able to imagine realizing one day that I hadn't had a cig. I have stopped craving it in the mornings, which struck me just last week or so. Used to be the absolute first thing, naturally. But not anymore. I can go an hour, sometimes longer. It's definitely working.

momofthegoons said:
I'm trying not to get impatient/guilty/anything bad, just trying to relax and let my smoking drop off by itself. Is that what your Mrs. did, or did she set a date?

I don't know how Vito's wife quit, but I find putting dates on my goals can defeat the deal. Back when I quit smoking (long, long time ago before ecigs), I pretty much quit cold turkey. I would allow myself one cig a day. My favorite time was right before bed.(SNIP) ccasion....say weighing in at the doctor's for my regular visit :p I find I usually gain weight from the stress of worrying about it. I would think trying to quit cigs would be the same way. The more you have to think about it; the more you want it. :2c:

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :lol: :D

Thanks for the welcome! I can see your logic and I'll just stick with how it's going. Which is slowly but seriously not badly at all. (smiling) Thanks again!

PMDTX,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^^
Baby steps!!!! :lol: Hey, as long as it's in the right direction, that's all that matters!

momofthegoons,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi PMDTX,

Egzoset said:
...celebrating the 1st anniversary of my initiation to vaporism TODAY!
Qbit said:
Does not compute.
Egzoset said:
Then RESET! Well, I guess that's the thought which counts!...
PMDTX said:
...the first Vape. ... Or am I wrong? Either way happy anniversary...

Initiation Day:

Msg #586, 2011-Feb-15 6h08

You got it right and starting from there i vaguely recall i happened to disapear from the internet until i was done vaporizing 14 g of the best cannabis i ever had it seemed... I resurfaced about 10 days later.

Egzoset,

PMDTX

momofthegoons said:
^^^^^
Baby steps!!!! :lol: Hey, as long as it's in the right direction, that's all that matters!

Well I started smoking at age 12 like I'd mentioned, cigarettes too I mean. Never really "quit" per se, even after a lobectomy I'd managed to keep off smokes for only 4 months. So from 12, to now... and so that's, yeah um, (counting on fingers) ...um, a long time. Which means nothing in the scheme of the actual addiction if you ask me. I don't feel any MORE addicted to cigs than, say a person who -IS- 35 yrs old (or even younger) who is hooked on menthols. I promise you that. It's just that it's not exactly a BREEZE dropping the habit of a cigarette to re-train for the other habit (usually the Iolite). I'm working on it.
:cool:

PMDTX,
high y'all
i'm a 60 yr old toker started in 64 and tapered off when i got married and toked about 2-3x a yr while i was with kids etc. 2010 i was widowed and started up a gain have picked up a volcano after trying that lunch box thing and the little glass dome vapourizer
these volcanos have been labeled as tanks but i preffer the link as Mercedes type vapourizer.
i still roll one occasionally and use a bong too.
this site looks to be very educational as to various temps to vape at so i may stick around a while

johnkelsall,

Qbit

cannabanana
Egzoset said:
Initiation Day:

Msg #586, 2011-Feb-15 6h08

You got it right and starting from there i vaguely recall i happened to disapear from the internet until i was done vaporizing 14 g of the best cannabis i ever had it seemed... I resurfaced about 10 days later.

Fair enough, though I daresay that few FC members have their first vaping experience four months after joining up.

And yeah, the magical disappearing new vapourist is a very familiar phenomenon around these parts. :D

Qbit,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi Qbit,

Qbit said:
...few FC members have their first vaping experience four months after joining up.

Indeed, i used all the time i thought was necessary to make a rational buyer decision... Yet i ended up making a leap of faith by acquiring an HerbalAire without ever seeing what's actually inside - which i don't happen to regret, lucky me! You can bet your reputation that i'll never do that again ever as i'd rather build my own vaporizer than spend money on one that the manufacturer would be reluctant to explain in details.

But that's just me, everyone is entitled to their own form of individuality i guess. Even myself!

Egzoset,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
been here for a few months now, but i keep forgetting to post an official hello to everyone. it's been prolly six months without combusting!!! i was a pack a day cig smoker and herb combuster for maybe 15 years. finally deciding to quit smoking with my second kid on the way. so with the help of an ego-t and an EQ i finally was able to say FUCK to COMBUSTION, and i don't think i coulda done it without the help and knowledge i found here. so thanks and a big HI from boobs :D

ilovebOObs,

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Hello all!! I'm Bleezy, and so far I love this community! I haven't really had much of a chance to participate, but just by reading through a few threads that this is a very mature and friendly bunch of open-minded people who enjoy some of the same things I do (or at least one).
Enough about you, let's talk about me :). I am currently 17 years old and a senior in high school. I have recently been accepted to the University of Georgia and will hopefully start a new chapter of my life in August. I have been combusting for around 2 years, and, as of now, I have never used a vaporizer (:gasp:) but have decided to make the switch to conserve herb and cash, as well as reduce smell (for dorm consumption, combustion is simply not an option) and hopefully save my lungs. As far as personal stuff, I like to keep it real lol. I am actually very introverted and could spend all day sitting in my room reading or thinking. I am also an aspiring professional Call of Duty player, but have not broken the AM barrier as of yet. Definitely a work in progress. I also like to box, read (mostly philosophical or classical), listen to music (rap, screamo, progressive, and a lil' dubstep mostly) write, and enjoy the finer things in life, as few as those seem to be at my age. I grew up Christian, but have conquered that obstacle (that's legitimately how I perceive it was to me) since my foray into the realm of MJ when I started to embrace thinking for myself rather than blindly listening. I have remained a spiritual person, as I now am able to comprehend and appreciate the beauty of the world and its people as it is without a filter of condemning judgment. I view the act of MJ consumption as sacrament because of the radical changes in perception it has given me, and would like to optimize safety and efficiency when using it. Well, that's a little bit about me. I look forward to meeting all of you actives FCers out there!! :peace:

Bleezy,

Qbit

cannabanana
Welcome, Bleezy. Nice Avatar. :)

And it's possible to become a professional CoD player? I didn't know that. PC or console?

I play a bit of the old CoD4:MW on my Mac (the only CoD available for OSX, apart from CoD2).

Qbit,

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Thanks. And yes, there is actually a Major League Gaming (MLG). Pro matches are played on LAN (locally, with system link) on the MLG Pro Circuit. CoD was played on PS3 last year because it was sponsored by Sony. It will probably be on Xbox this year. I play on Xbox. Cod4 used to be my personal favorite. Great game, but it's pretty much been rendered unplayable on xbox due to widespread hacking. Not sure how it is on PC/Mac.

Bleezy,
Top Bottom