Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

Lisa
I am new to FC and the world of vaporizers and I am on a mission to try them all.
From Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada
32 f

Newbie,

Qbit

cannabanana
Bleezy said:
Thanks. And yes, there is actually a Major League Gaming (MLG). Pro matches are played on LAN (locally, with system link) on the MLG Pro Circuit. CoD was played on PS3 last year because it was sponsored by Sony. It will probably be on Xbox this year. I play on Xbox. Cod4 used to be my personal favorite. Great game, but it's pretty much been rendered unplayable on xbox due to widespread hacking. Not sure how it is on PC/Mac.

So can you actually make a living with MLG? And if so, how many manage to do that? I've known about the Korean Starcraft pros, but don't know much about how it is in the West.

But yeah COD is great on PC/Mac. In fact I find it difficult to understand how it's possible to play an FPS properly without a mouse, and it beats me why you can't get them for consoles.

Qbit,
Well I just joined. Man I just set the thing up a few hours ago, and I really had no idea that vapor could hit like this.. I recently noticed while moving into a new apartment that my lungs have become pretty shot. So I quit cold turkey on the cigs a few weeks ago, and decided to stop all smoking. I was literally frightened into this decision, but that has made it all the more ironclad. I've always been an avid toker, but I know for a fact that I can't burn anymore. Already, I don't miss burning at all. I did buy a Vapir back in 2006 (or thereabouts), but it wasn't too good... but in retrospect I definitely think part of that was due to my own lack of knowledge. So I recognized recently that I needed an alternate method to smoking, and having stumbled upon and subsequently lurked on this site for several weeks and reading the incredible wealth of information, and also researching elsewhere, I bought a vape that suits my particular/peculiar needs; an Aromed 4. Soon, I will be purchasing the MFLB to satisfy portability needs (and this is an area where I will probably buy a few vapes).

When I first started checking out the discussions here, I was struck by how emotional people can get about their choices of vaporizer(s). But considering how much research we put into this.. and I had NO IDEA just how many considerations there really are when it comes to vaporizing, until i got here(!).... it has become quite understandable (and the debates that spring from these exchanges of information, VERY informative). I just set up and used the vape for the first time tonight, but I don't want to post a review about it until I've played around with it for a few days at least. I know, I don't have much experience to compare it to, but I'll just share my present experience. It pleasantly wrecked me tonight, and I am definitely a vapor convert. I want to send a HUGE THANKS to everyone here who is spreading knowledge about vapor and trying to clarify things. Much respect. :peace:

cloudydaze,

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Qbit said:
So can you actually make a living with MLG? And if so, how many manage to do that? I've known about the Korean Starcraft pros, but don't know much about how it is in the West.

But yeah COD is great on PC/Mac. In fact I find it difficult to understand how it's possible to play an FPS properly without a mouse, and it beats me why you can't get them for consoles.

It depends. Unlike other sports (haha), you only get paid if you win. You could make a living playing Call of Duty, as there are many tournaments that offer generous cash prizes, some of which pay more than the MLG tourneys (the first place team gets $25k, the second place gets $10k). For example, the CoD XP tourney held to promote the game paid out $400k to the victor. Very few players are skilled enough to consistently win enough events to make a solid living, but there are a few. There are also smaller prized tournaments held on various websites on a weekly basis that pay out a few hundred up to a few thousand for winning. With sponsorships, advertising, and team lessons (around $60/ hr. from a pro team) factored into the equation, it is quite possible for the members of the top pro teams to make a decent living off the game.

Starcraft players are fucking ridiculous!!!

"[He] is one of the highest-paid professional gamers, with annual earnings that exceed 400,000 US Dollars and endorsement contracts that bring in an additional $90,000 per year."

Must be nice :o

And ikr, I would love to use a mouse on console!

Bleezy,

PMDTX

Thank you for joining bleezy, you're an interesting person. (smiling)
I *think* I can recall being your age. I used to drink back then, though. Like, a lot.
So that's why I'm pretty sure I can recall being 17 but just barely and it was because I was driving haha

Anyways. Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you too, cloudydaze and Newbie. Welcome!!!

---DTX

PMDTX,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Hello FC!

I've been quite active on here since joining last month, but I haven't formally introduced myself. So, allow myself to introduce...myself. I'm a musician and writer (those pursuits pay the bills). I'm also a husband/father, and I'm an avid endurance athlete (triathlons, duathlons, trail runs, ultra marathons, etc...). I'm fortunate, and I don't take life for granted. I also believe in helping others.

The folks on this forum are helpful, knowledgeable, and clever. And because the mods are very good at promoting a productive forum experience, I've learned a lot in a short period, saving myself time and $$.

I love herb and combusted for 20-ish years before I saw the light at the end of January 2012 (the Iolite, specifically). I met a guy at a party and he took the time to tell me about vaporizing and he showed me how to use his Iolite. It tasted very good relative to what I was used to, and I very much enjoyed the buzz. And because I'm into endurance sports, I was very keen to learn more about vaping given the health benefits versus combustion (I like to medicate a bit prior to training/racing ;)).

I feel like I'm a part of what appears to be a massive wave of combustion converts--correct me if I'm wrong. But from reading this forum, I fear I'm late to the vaping party. I had a few chances to dive in over the years, but I always tried sub-par vapes and/or didn't know what I was doing so I never enjoyed it. How silly of me, as by now I would be a vaping master (and, more importantly, likely among the first lucky ducks getting their VXCs!!). Anywho...

What's important is that I'm here now, and since I started I've been combustion free (I used to smoke 2 or 3 times per 24 hour period). I've noticed a difference when training, especially at higher elevation. This has been wonderful for me, hence my enthusiastic participation on FC. I've also gone bonkers in acquiring vaporizers and accessories--the result of many vapegasms. While costly, it's a small price to pay in the short term for the years of benefit I'll receive. Heck, what I've already conserved in herb has gone a long way towards paying for the Iolite, which is good because I haven't used it at all since getting my MFLB. :lol:

My wife is also loving the conversion to vaping, and I've converted two friends so far. This is a good thing. And you FC folks are good people. Thank you!

Qbit

cannabanana
Vapinghole said:
I feel like I'm a part of what appears to be a massive wave of combustion converts--correct me if I'm wrong. But from reading this forum, I fear I'm late to the vaping party. I had a few chances to dive in over the years, but I always tried sub-par vapes and/or didn't know what I was doing so I never enjoyed it. How silly of me, as by now I would be a vaping master (and, more importantly, likely among the first lucky ducks getting their VXCs!!). Anywho...

Hehe, go easy on yourself - the vaping party has only just started to kick off. :cool: Any vapourists at this date qualify as the innovators and early adopters in the vape market. There's a long way to go yet.

And welcome to FC, VapingHole :)

Qbit,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:D Never too late to start vaping IMHO but yeah.. wish I'd have started decades ago myself lol. Welcome!

Lo,

weedemon

enthusiast
Bleezy! welcome to fc! ever played Leage of legends? it's one of the only games i still play. I used to be a gamer. counterstrike, guild wars, starcraft 2 even. :)

lisa, kawartha lakes? cool! i went to college there :p too bad im not still there or else i have a few vapes for ya to try. Welcome to FC!

Vaping hole, Thanks for the intro nice to meet you! your right, the important thing is you are here now! :)

weedemon,

banana_republic

greetings!
Came here over some late research on vaporization, as if I came earlier I would have bought different gear. A friend came from a foreign country and brought me an electrical Vapir One which I have found is not the most beloved piece of hardware around here, but it have proved quite satisfactory among me and my friends which basically didin't have any previous experience on vaping.... What seems quite amazing to us is how can we increase and potentialize our vegetable oils effects, still decrease health injury and this is something basically almost NOBODY has ever heard about (or even thought) around here. Great to keep on digging for info around foruns and learning a lot from everybody around here. thank you folks.

weedemon

enthusiast
hey man, where are you from? and welcome to the forum! :) vaporization is a beautiful thing!

weedemon,

banana_republic

Hello! South America is the place where the bananas grow (and some weed as well). ;)

You know, that's quite weird, but yesterday night a friend just gave me a Vapor Genie, which he could not "make work" at all, did hate and was to throw away in garbage :o .... So I now have a portable device to learn about as well. Any tips apart from experimentation? I am reading all I can about VG right now....
Apart from being beatiful, vaporization is something amazing!If I could not see and feel my own, I would probably not believe....
How come we (lots of friends, even heavy whole life weed smokers) have never even heard about it!

Still in the very early beginning of my vap knowledge, stories and techniques, but willing to say as loud as I can "Fuck Combustion!"

banana_republic,

djonkoman

the VG is a nice vape, also my first, and a nice backup to have since it requires no power. I've used it succesfully with hash too. I prefer to use it with a torch lighter, altough when I first tried that I didn't like it, then didn't do it for a long time untill one day I had no working regular lighter anymore, only a torch lighter, so I had too and from that moment on I've preferred torches
with a torch the 'window' between vaping and combustion is larger, so you're less likely to accidently combust once you get the hang of it

djonkoman,

Roy D Mercer

peasant
Hi everyone. I'm 60 and have savored herb now 48 years. I have had a few disappointing adventures experimenting with vape. I kept buying low-grade systems that simply did not perform. Finally, before finding this forum, I bought a vaporizer that works (marginally). Now I get it.

I'm grateful to find a forum with so many bright people sharing their creativity and experiences! While I continue to vape bags with my leaky VapirOne 5.0, I am trying to decide between the Extreme, PD and Da Buddha as a versatile combo setup.

I started out as a musician, then "grew up" to become a newspaper reporter. Later I had a marketing company before I was disabled by a very rare neurological disease. Nerves in my legs are dead... walking difficult and driving impossible. I vape for pain relief and a sleeping disorder.

Roy D Mercer,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi and welcome to FC folks!!

Discovering vaporization really is life changing IMHO. Start with one vape and end up with a collection. Love the whole thing and couldn't pay me to go back to combustion anymore. Randomly tried a puff here & there and... nope, don't like it at all anymore - I'm over smoking lol.

lol @ your username Roy ;) My husband has some cd's of phone pranks by Roy Mercer. He adores them.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hi Roy, PD is out of bizness but the Extreme and DaBuddha are good choices but they sort of overlap except for the bag component of the Extreme. The Silver Surfer is possibly a better performer than either of these, by the way. Spend some time reading the threads in "vaporizer discussion" and you'll soon know what unit you want next and why. Like Lo said, most of us started with one and we diversified and a small collection resulted that are all used for different occasions or wants. There's a "classified" section here if you're not averse to buying used. As long as the manufacturer provides a good warranty and has a good reputation there's no issue, even if you have to pay extra down the line for a repair.
Also if you haven't yet, read up on properly preparing material for optimum vaporization - drying and grinding. The two piece space case grinder is one of our favorites. In my case, I prefer the "small" to the "medium". Lastly, save your spent material in a jar and down the line you can use this for massively intense vapor brownies. There's a good recipe for that here too.

Qbit

cannabanana
the VG is a nice vape, also my first, and a nice backup to have since it requires no power. I've used it succesfully with hash too. I prefer to use it with a torch lighter, altough when I first tried that I didn't like it, then didn't do it for a long time untill one day I had no working regular lighter anymore, only a torch lighter, so I had too and from that moment on I've preferred torches
with a torch the 'window' between vaping and combustion is larger, so you're less likely to accidently combust once you get the hang of it

You absolutely should not use regular lighters with the VG, since their flames don't burn clean. The yellow/orange flame means that you're getting incomplete combustion (ie carbon monoxide, particulates etc) rather than the water + carbon dioxide you get from the blue fame of a jet lighter.

Roy D Mercer

peasant
Hi and welcome to FC folks!!

Discovering vaporization really is life changing IMHO. Start with one vape and end up with a collection. Love the whole thing and couldn't pay me to go back to combustion anymore. Randomly tried a puff here & there and... nope, don't like it at all anymore - I'm over smoking lol.

lol @ your username Roy ;) My husband has some cd's of phone pranks by Roy Mercer. He adores them.

Hi there, Lo. :wave: I appreciate your kind words of welcome. I have seen your name quite a bit already -- especially nice to meet an active member.

Glad you got my little prank with the name Roy D. Mercer. :lol: I carried out the joke as far as the biography. Most people don't get it. However, the part about my age is true -- I am about to turn 60. Been smoking herb since I was 12. STILL learning the ropes after toking for 48 years! :D

Peace and happy vaping!

Roy D Mercer,

VapeVoice

Hi guys. My name's Flash. Been here for a bit now but, was so caught up in research I never even looked in this section. I'm a 35 year old guy who has been smoking since I was 13, and been a heavy every day smoker for the last 14 years. I discovered vaping with some cheap box units a few years ago. Had no success and kept smoking. About 6 months ago I bought a MFLB. While I liked it, the lack of big vapor left me unsatisfied so I continued smoking. Well last month I bought an Arizer Solo after finding these forums and doing a little research. I had almost bought an Iolite at a local head shop the day before. I can't speak for the Iolite but, the Solo changed my life! I have not smoked in a month. And I can breathe so much better! My fiance and I got together 3 years ago. The entire time she has known me I have had a persistent, sometimes horrible cough with a lot of crap coming up. I wheezed alot and she couldn't listen to my lungs once in that whole time with her stethoscope without hearing all kinds of garbage. Well she listened today... and NOTHING! I am so happy to have found vaping and this forum for that matter. I ordered myself a DBV and an HA the other day and can't wait til they get here. I figure between these 4 vapes I will be all set for just about every situation. Although, I am sure I will be getting more, especially this cool looking Thermovape:) But just wanted to say Hi and thank you all for the info and help. I can not believe how great I feel!

VapeVoice,

djonkoman

You absolutely should not use regular lighters with the VG, since their flames don't burn clean. The yellow/orange flame means that you're getting incomplete combustion (ie carbon monoxide, particulates etc) rather than the water + carbon dioxide you get from the blue fame of a jet lighter.
yes that's another valid point about torches if you're vaping for healthreasons.

djonkoman,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Been here for a while, but never stopped by to say hello... how rude of me. I'm John, I live in the Midwest. Like many, I started my journey with a MFLB. And in all actuality, I really thought it was stupid at first. I wrote vaporizing off as a novelty. (That is frightening to think about, how dense can one be?! Although, the initial investment and learning curve is what scares most new vaporists off IMO)

Wasteful clouds of smoke were blown for many months after that, until one fateful day... I got it. I came across one of JD Supreme's excellent MFLB videos, and I was blown away! As they say, the rest is history.

FuckCombustion has improved the quality of my life. I really feel like this is more than a forum, it's a flourishing online community. We come together from all corners of the world, all walks of life, to share our knowledge and experiences with each other. There's not another forum out there so chock full of intelligent members willing to help each other out. And I think that's really cool.

2hi

Hi all, I've been tobacco free for almost a year and I've not had a spliff (apart from an experimental few drags) for over a month. I smoke around a gram or more of BHO a day off either a Ti nail but 999 times out of 1000 it will be the HMK curve. I do daily oil runs using an O'keif and vac purge using a chamber and a 2 stage 5cfm vacuum pump. My lungs have never been in better condition, they've not got a wheeze or crackle on them.

I hope I can learn a few tricks and maybe teach a few myself, can we U/L pics?

2hi,

Qbit

cannabanana
Welcome eyeryone. :)

@2hi You can embed pics, and as of this week, videos too. But you can't upload them to this site - they have to be hosted on another one. There's an insert/edit image button (a tiny pic of a tree) in the reply box, and an insert media button next to it (a couple of frames of film). For a list of image hosting websites, check this thread:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

Qbit,
Top Bottom