very nice inexpensive wood pipes, dugouts and one hitters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@Mr Ed (or just ed?) I see that you have a package for a Leopardwood combo consisting of a toke, bat and dugout. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a Cocobolo or Amboyna combo? I assume it would be a bit more $, but that would be okay. It would make a nice gift for g/f who still smokes.

A quick question; is there room in the dugouts for a tiny screen? [Sorry I meant room in the toke]

thanks

Tom

(You have some beautiful looking stuff by the way)

tdavie,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Just got em loaded and posted!

image12531.png

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
tdavie said:
@Mr Ed (or just ed?) I see that you have a package for a Leopardwood combo consisting of a toke, bat and dugout. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a Cocobolo or Amboyna combo? I assume it would be a bit more $, but that would be okay. It would make a nice gift for g/f who still smokes.

A quick question; is there room in the dugouts for a tiny screen?

thanks

Tom

(You have some beautiful looking stuff by the way)
Just Ed is fine, thank you for the kind words, I do not have any Cocobolo at this time to make any dugouts from, I could do an Amboyna Combo as a custom pkg. for ya. Cost would have to be paid up front and may be 2- 4 weeks before delivery. If you wanna do Amboyna I suggest you let me know ASAP, I dont have many of those left and when they are gone they may be gone for a while, I never know! I am not sure I understand what you mean by ting screen, are you wanting a tiny screen in the bat itself?

Ed's TnT,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Ed's TnT said:
Just Ed is fine, thank you for the kind words, I do not have any Cocobolo at this time to make any dugouts from, I could do an Amboyna Combo as a custom pkg. for ya. Cost would have to be paid up front and may be 2- 4 weeks before delivery. If you wanna do Amboyna I suggest you let me know ASAP, I dont have many of those left and when they are gone they may be gone for a while, I never know! I am not sure I understand what you mean by ting screen, are you wanting a tiny screen in the bat itself?
Thanks Ed; I'll email you from your site by this evening, you can tell me the price and then I'll pay for it up front.

I apologize; I meant to say is there room in the toke (wooden pipe) for a small screen. Maybe already one in there?

thanks for replying.

Tom

tdavie,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
tdavie said:
I apologize; I meant to say is there room in the toke (wooden pipe) for a small screen. Maybe already one in there?

thanks for replying.

Tom
My tokes have a 1/2" bowl hole and with every purchase of a toke, you receive a free 5pk of screens and a pipe cleaner!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ed, your Toke'n Tubes are just beautiful and really reasonably priced. I just blew all my extra cash on another one of Rick's stems, but will be contacting you soon to get a couple of yours. They will be a lovely addition to my Zaps. Great job!! :tup:

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
Ed, your Toke'n Tubes are just beautiful and really reasonably priced. I just blew all my extra cash on another one of Rick's stems, but will be contacting you soon to get a couple of yours. They will be a lovely addition to my Zaps. Great job!! :tup:
Thank you mom, I thought you would like them!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Everyone who ordered Toke'n Tubes this past week, will ship out tomorrow, you should have them by mid to end of the week, thank you.

Ed's TnT,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
I picked up one of Ed's Zapper stems. This thing is beautiful. Wow, really beautiful special wood. Aesthetics aside, I honestly did not expect to like this thing as much as I do. The tip comes in and out securely, locks in nicely, just remember to twist the thing hard when you insert the tip into the sleeve. With the tip removed, cleaning the wooden barrel is a breeze. I haven't had any build up yet, but I expect it to be nice and resiny if left alone long enough, something solid enough to scrape out into a nice ball, no need for iso etc. I'm not worried about having to soak it in solvent to clean it. With a non-removable tip set-up, I have had to. I like the size of the barrel, it is big and wide enough to collect a lot of vapor. I'd comment about harshness, but I've never really experienced harsh vapor, so I wouldn't know. I guess it is cooling the vapor well enough for me not to think about it. I dunno, I really don't have a problem with the stock stems in that regard either.

Thanks Ed, I'm loving it. It just fits the wooden ensemble of the vaporizer so well. :peace:

obelisk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm going to play around with mine this evening as well; at first glance it looks and feels fantastic. Pretty soon Ed will have to change his company name to "Ed's Tote'n Tokes and Tubes."

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am glad you guys got the pieces and am anxious to read all your feedback! Got wood that needs working, so will check back tomorrow. I

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The tube worked great.... the extended length of the piece with the removable tip seems to cool the vapor a bit and the slightly wider radius engenders hits that are a little meatier, in my opinion. I haven't yet squeezed down the tip as recommended so it locks into the tube better; I just turn the unit upside down when removing the tube. There are questions and room for tips and tricks to make this work better - such as how best to remove ABV from a spent bowl with the removable tip, etc. It's a beautiful piece and looks great sitting on top of my unit - fine wood on wood. thanks Ed...

**update**

Last night I implemented Ed's suggestion and I squeezed down the tube end of the removable tip, very slightly, with a pliers and it did lock in nicely inside the tube.
An interesting side benefit was that after a load was finished, I let the tip cool for one minute then I removed it and I was able to blow out the ABV, into a muslin bag, from both ends, fast and easy. I was not necessary to remove the tip to do this, but by removing the tip I found it to be much easier - much less lung force was required. and it's good to be able to expel ABV from both ends. Very easy to put the tip back into the tube with just a healthy bit of resistance, which you want, and then another load....

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I spend my summers north and was hoping my husband would bring my tubes up with him when he brought my mail. Happy to say he did. They are really nice; the cocobolo being my favorite. I agree with jeffp that the removable tip is a nice feature; allowing for easy ABV removal and cleaning. The vapor is cooled nicely; not quite as cool as glass, but still very nice. I'm an old pipe girl (rather than doobs) and was missing my Jack Herer syle pipe when I vaped. These tubes sort of fit that need. They also look absolutely great in my Zaps. ;)

Great job Ed! Thanks for the speedy shipment and for taking the "risk" on making these tubes. I think they will be a success.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning all, I have been busy, busy in the shop these last couplea days, Wednesday evening thru Friday are my days to really hit it hard working wood and making magic here at Ed's TnT. I am glad to read all the positive responses to the Toke'n Tubes, I was worried how they would be perceived and the feedback I would receive.

I gotta admit I did suggest to gently bend the insert slightly to make it out of round to Jeff, but its not my idea, I got that info from Rick and have passed it on. Those of you that have some of his glass tubes are accustomed to this procedure having used his pieces.

I got to agree with you Mom, I dig the Coco's myself more than the Myrtle. I like to soft clean feel they have in your hand and the way they polish is brilliant! The harder woods I use tend to finish with a brighter glow and smoother feel. I am gonna have some more done here soon and wanna try Royal Jamaican Blue Mahoe for tubes. It is not as hard as Cocobolo, I would say its close to the Myrtle, it looks mostly blue at first glance but when you look closely has green, purple, and other colors that pop out at you, with the contrasting white sap wood should make a great piece it self.

I do like them as a great accessory to the Myrtle Burl Zap that Rick made for me, I made a Dugout and Bat to match exactly, what a great combo!

Also thanks for the kind feedback you left for me at my corresponding page MOM, that was much appreciated as well.

I wish everyone a safe and happy 4th!!!

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah the bending of the insert ever so slightly makes a world of difference, and being able to blow out the ABV from both ends is a strategic breakthrough because as material is so finely ground for vaping in these log style vapes, with the inhalation and heat no doubt some particles get stuck inside the screen or stuck on the other side.
The tube is still too new and lightly used to need an ISO cleaning - the tip I mean - I'll report back when.... thanks again Ed...

jeffp,

Rick

Zapman
When I send out Tootys, I always squeeze the tips so they fit just perfect when the customer receives them. I also include a short note on the tips and how to tighten or loosen the fit in the inserts. I thought I sent that info along Ed. Let me know if not and I will send you the note at least so you can include it with your tubes. The tips need to fit tight in the inserts and must be slightly out of round for the proper fit.

Rick,

Screwdriver

First off....Ed you suck. j/k...:D I have really only been following the Myrtlezap thread and just saw this today....now I went to your website and need to spend money. Want a dugout, grinder, and Zap stem.

I freakin love Purpleheart. ....why no dugout.

Just curious, do any of the woods impart a flavor to the herb when stored in a dugout?

Screwdriver,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning and happy Independence day!

Rick, you did give me that info, I was in a rush to get those out like alota things I get in to big a hurry and miss out. I will add those instructions to every shipment from now on.

Purpleheart is such a dense wood, I was only able to get a short plank of it when I came across it just to see how it worked. It is the hardest wood I have worked next to Ebony. I just had enough to make a few pipes and bats and found it to be more than I wanted to deal with, I just wasn't feeling it! I have so much happening here with various other woods that take up so much of my time keeping them in stock, so working the purple in isn't something I am really excited about.

I have sold many Dugouts and have yet to have anyone come back and say that the wood did impart on their stash. I make sure all my wood has been kiln dried or air died to almost no moisture content to insure that the herb is not contaminated. I would say that the only species that I deal with that even has a scent to it would be the Camphor, it has a slight aroma that I do find pleasing, and have sold many of these and as I said no one has even come back to mention it impairing the longevity of storing the herb within the DO.

Screwdriver, I encourage you to look over my work further and maybe you could find something else that will meet your needs, if you are unable to find anything or have an idea of what you like, just ask, I may have something in that flavor up on the TOP SHELF that might definitely spark your interests.

Ed's TnT,

Screwdriver

Ed....I see many woods I want on your site....

I took wood working in HS in the early 80's and for my final I made a jewelry box out of Purpleheart. My teacher got pissed because I broke a few bandsaw blades. It's insainly hard wood.....

Your site is like going to a bar that has over 100 beers.....wtf do I choose?

Screwdriver,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Its all up to you what your feeling and what your flavor is, I just introduced Afzelia Burl Dugouts, Afzelia I have found to be just as rare as the Amboyna and maybe even more rare. It has some of the most colorful swirls due to its irregularity caused by the burl effect in the grain. I like that myself, I also dig the Blue Mahoe which is equally rare and is a delightful contrast from most common woods, being that it is not a tree. actually it is in the Hibiscus family and has a deep metallic look to it that changes in varying lights from green/blue/purple/grey and is the Royal wood of Jamaica. As I said I have some TOP SHELF DO from Canadian Black Walnut that were made from crotch sections that have bright curls and high figure. I don't advertise these pieces.

Deep down inside I dig the Amboyna the most. I feel it is the most captivating of all my pieces and have gotten the most compliments on it.

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
My buddy that scored the old Myrtle wood for me has some nice Yew wood we are going to send Ed. It is VERY hard, a conifer grown in the Pacific Northwest that only gets to maybe 10 inches in diameter before it starts to rot in the middle. I used to cut fence posts from it about 30 years ago. Sometimes it is referred to as Ironwood. It is red with a prominent white ring around the outside.
We are looking forward to the tokes from that stuff. Hope it is not too hard to work.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am looking forward to that wood Rick. I have gotten my hands on some curly Asian Crape Myrtle I need to work up as well. Maybe I can introduce them both at the same time!

Thanks Rick!

Ed's TnT,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom